Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
tbhonestly
not a first-time poster

ratlad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 am dan insinuating that it would be incest for them to be thor and loki kina reminds me of that liveshow when someone asked if him and phil were brothers and dan gave a look like "i hope the hell not" and said something along the lines of "I'm sure there are people who are into that..."
i remember this as well kind of a tangent but does anyone remember which liveshow that was / have a time stamp?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Dan Howell joking about therapy and appreciating queer idols within the same tweet? I honestly couldn't ask for more.
DatCog
blobfish

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 pm Dan Howell joking about therapy and appreciating queer idols within the same tweet? I honestly couldn't ask for more.

Took me a while to work out what on earth he was talking about! Reminds me I've got to catch up on the competition :D
Last edited by DatCog on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Me reading this tweet was a rollercoaster :lol:
First of all, nice of him to share his talk with his therapist, thanks. Second, I relate to everything. I'm obsessed with figure skating AND Adam Rippon.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
tigertatze
living flop

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 pm Dan Howell joking about therapy and appreciating queer idols within the same tweet? I honestly couldn't ask for more.
It's so wild seeing him talk about figure skating, this is like two different internet worlds colliding for me :lol:
#nohetero
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

tigertatze wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:40 pm
It's so wild seeing him talk about figure skating, this is like two different internet worlds colliding for me :lol:
I know!! My thoughts exactly.
I'm laughing that most people in his replies don't have a clue what this means xD
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Might his next video be about therapy? I remember he said he tried out three different therapists and that that story would be a video idea for the future.
Especially with the last three DINOF vids being episodes of older concepts (ISG, Top Dan Memes, baking), I'd love "something else", but of course only if he feels like speaking about that.
tbhonestly
not a first-time poster

this is such a dan move he’s really locked his method down by now hasn’t he!
firstly casually mentioning therapy and putting it in a jokey format while still opening up about mental health / therapy and then also mentioning adam rippon first openly gay figure skater in a way that people who know will definitely get why he‘s stanning him and people who don’t ... well they‘ll just be overall confused the heck out of this...
but anyway where’s my dan ls with a long ass adam rippon tangent?

(could also imagine this being a sneaky hint at the next dinof video)
malday
emo goose

tbhonestly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 pm
ratlad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:39 am dan insinuating that it would be incest for them to be thor and loki kina reminds me of that liveshow when someone asked if him and phil were brothers and dan gave a look like "i hope the hell not" and said something along the lines of "I'm sure there are people who are into that..."
i remember this as well kind of a tangent but does anyone remember which liveshow that was / have a time stamp?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79V0ZD ... &t=1h9m33s
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

"There would be a lot of creepy people on the internet if there were".
He used a slightly more direct tone back in 2013, but I take from that that he's obviously had the shippers in mind whenever a question about his relationship with Phil gets posed ;-)

Nice find Malday your archival skills are impressive. I always have to look for ages before I find something back :p
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai

There is a three part video on Stop Speak Support’s YouTube channel featuring Dan.

greenergrass
stress mushroom

Literally same. This wins for best dan tweet in a long time.
liola
rankussy

Bringing on more amazing likes from Twitter, Dan liked this Iconic
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
hello9217
flower crown

liola wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm
Bringing on more amazing likes from Twitter, Dan liked this Iconic
I love how true this is :rofl:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Timestamps for Would Phil Hate Dan To Save The World?

:33 - Dan talks about being shamed for their answers.
:43 - Q1 for Dan: fridge/favorite food but taste change when you eat it. (Phil's nifty loophole that I'm pretty sure is not what the question was meant to be.
1:44 - Phil is scared he's gonna end up on a spinning rotisserie, but says he'd taste good. (Dan: I dunno. Bit sugary.)
2:20 - Q1 for Phil: he can see the future, but he'll be blind.
2:40 - The tribute people make to Phil would be tangfastics.
3:02 - When he walks by a tree branch he's afraid one will go in his eye.
3:28 - He wants eyes, and doesn't want to know the future because he'd obsess over when he was going to die.
3:51 - Q2 for Dan: He becomes a secret agent, but there's someone he can't say.
4:00 - Phil mentions telling Dan about the bird that fell in love with the concrete bird. ("Dan almost cried!")
4:34 - "It's not like you can save everyone or do the right thing all the time." Some realism from Phil.
4:58 - Dan says, "Like that nightmare where you're holding a puppy and you keep dropping it." and Phil responds, "Don't remind me of that nightmare." Was Dan being figurative or was that a real nightmare Phil had? Bc if so, wow, traumatic.
5:02 - Phil telling Dan he can't be a secret agent because he'd have to wake up early. Wow, drag him. (Out of bed, apparently.)
5:17 - Dan calls Phil a cow, and Phil's reaction is so cute - apparently 'cow' catches him off guard and makes him laugh, makes me think that's not one Dan uses often.
5:20 Q2 for Phil: Things you think about that you want come true, but things you think about that you don't want also come true.
5:47 - Strong no from Phil. "I'm always into the worst case scenario." Talks about going through death scenarios in his head. Dan gets a weird quiet expression here while Phil is talking that's interesting.
6:13 - "Phil's intrusive thoughts." sitcom theme tune from Dan.
6:32 - Q3 for Dan: You can do anything possible and impossible, but have no friends.
6:51 - They win my heart with the Jupiter Ascending reference.
6:47 - They suddenly notice a blue wire in the ceiling.
7:42 - Q3 for Phil: Unlimited wealth, but can only spend it on others. Dan immediately drags Phil for his capitalistic tendencies.
7:48 - Phil has an Abba moment he needs to release.
8:07 - Dan's fond but also slightly mocking grin when Phil says "That's fine!" about only being able to spend money on other people and not himself, followed by that massive knowing grin... ugh it's fine I'm fine I hate them but I'm fine.
8:17 - capita£ester loophole: he will give dan four billion pounds, dan will give him back three. capita£ester prevails and also caters to sugar baby dan with that billion he gets to keep. (also, wow. to be so rich that you skip past millions - since you already have that - and go straight to billions when imagining wealth.)
8:32 - Q4 for Dan: Immortal, but don't stop aging.
8:53 - Phil's My Humps remix.
9:04 - Jumpcut, then Dan serenades Phil with the wil.i.am verse of the song. Some intense eye contact, which Phil briefly looks away from then looks back toward.
9:44 - Jesus themed My Humps.
9:57 - Q5 for Dan: You get a pokemon, but you lose your left leg. (Did they edit out a Phil question? Or just lose track while playing?)
10:22 - Phil is very eager with the buzz saw. Says that he gets to chop it off.
10:40 - Phil says "hit me" and Dan hits him, followed by cute karate chopping and high pitched noises, because they are weird. I don't know if you guys noticed this. But they are weird.
10:50 - Q4 for Phil: You don't need to sleep, but breathing is manual.
10:52 - Phil trolling Dan with the sound "barri... ear."
11:20 - Weird "things Phil gets up to in his spare time" "at night" thing.
11:38 - Q6 for Dan: oak arms, seagull legs. Phil is very amused by that conversation, requests photoshop.
12:36 - Dan shows off his GOT pajamas.
12:47 - Phil's mind immediately goes to Dan being a camboy with his seagull flipper feet.
13:01 - Q5 for Phil: Superhero powers, but loved ones are super villains.
13:17 - Phil likes Spiderman, doesn't want to be Spiderman. Dan starts eliminating options in an obvious bid to make Phil say Captain America. (First he tells Phil to think about his favorite and not the powers to make sure he doesn't say Spiderman, then he says just Marvel not DC, then when Phil says Thor Dan's response is, "You're just thinking about your favorite." dismissively as though he didn't literally just tell Phil to think about his favorite and not the powers.)
13:44 - "Phil just wants to be a God." blasphemy, Dan. He already is.
14:00 - Dan would become Bucky if Phil was Captain America. Phil says Dan would be Loki, which Dan rejects on the grounds incest....ual shipping.
14:21 - Phil with the buzz saw again. Dan calls the game on basis of being scared for his life since Phil wants to cut all his limbs off.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

malday wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:00 pm
i could never find that, thank you!
why would it be creepy if they were brothers if dan only insists they are just friends....
kidding, this was 2012.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

ratlad wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:17 pm
why would it be creepy if they were brothers if dan only insists they are just friends....
kidding, this was 2012.
I always took this comment differently from seemingly everyone because dan says "there would be a lot of creepy people on the internet if we were." I always thought he was saying that it would be weird if they're brothers since everyone ships them on the internet and wants them to be in a relationship. This used to be in phan compilation videos a lot and I always thought I was missing something. Like he's not saying it would be weird for him but weird because of how everyone views deppy.
Now the comment in the last gaming video that was definitely more blatant and the way dan's mind is immediately like 'it would be incest if your thor and i'm Loki and so it just wouldn't work' amuses me to no end.
autumnhearth
senpai

hello9217 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:51 pm
kidding, this was 2012.
I always took this comment differently from seemingly everyone because dan says "there would be a lot of creepy people on the internet if we were." I always thought he was saying that it would be weird if they're brothers since everyone ships them on the internet and wants them to be in a relationship. This used to be in phan compilation videos a lot and I always thought I was missing something. Like he's not saying it would be weird for him but weird because of how everyone views deppy.
Now the comment in the last gaming video that was definitely more blatant and the way dan's mind is immediately like 'it would be incest if your thor and i'm Loki and so it just wouldn't work' amuses me to no end.
I mean, I think that was what he was getting at back then, but his immediate physical reaction is funny. Body language, not just language ;)

Bless you for the timestamps dizzy!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm
kidding, this was 2012.
I mean, I think that was what he was getting at back then, but his immediate physical reaction is funny. Body language, not just language ;)
I was gonna say something similar. And also that I don't think most people really take it as proof of anything, it's just one of many amusing reactions. But I know what you were saying hello9217, because I also interpret it the same way as you (and I think a lot of people probably do)
malday
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:50 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:33 pm

kidding, this was 2012.
I was gonna say something similar. And also that I don't think most people really take it as proof of anything, it's just one of many amusing reactions. But I know what you were saying hello9217, because I also interpret it the same way as you (and I think a lot of people probably do)
I agree, it's not a big deal, they seemed to get asked that question a lot here's a different answer they gave: link

Btw, the Timestamps tread is the easiest place to find what video something is from (thank you to those who took the time to make them).
phillyforgot
butt chair

I enjoyed several moments in the newest video, especially the superhero discussion at the end (I waited for it due to the title). It was quite a delightful video to watch altogether and I can see myself watching it in the future. That thing made me smile.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

liola wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm Bringing on more amazing likes from Twitter, Dan liked this Iconic
I love that Dan liked that tweet, but let's ignore how I actually started an asthma attack from laughing so hard when I saw that clip on Twitter :rofl: :lol: these men are literally going to kill me, but really what a way to go :dead:
starwatersong
phabergé

I think Phil put on a sweater/jumper and Dan took one off from the last video. The tshirt colours and pajama pants remained the same (as well as the haircuts). My guess is they double filmed this one, at least.

Lovely video filled with lots of warm and funny moments. Also loved Phil retweeting that amazing dog art!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan's twitter is such a wild ride today. He liked both of these:
I wonder if that means they're watching the new Queer Eye?
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

liola wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:13 pm Sorry to double post but I found this interesting

Phil liked this tweets of Joe They seem to get along quite well, can I hope for an episode with derpy and preppy? Please? :please: :waiting:
Ugh I can only dream of them appearing on a show like Come Dine With Me, even if it was a youtuber edition! That would be literally the best thing they could do right now to replace the fact liveshows are so non exisitant . I can just imagine the commentator taking the piss out of them (in a nice way of course) and them just being so bad at cooking! Please let this happen.

I haven’t watched the new gaming video yet but I will later today, especially after reading some of the comments on here, it sounds like a very good video.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: