Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dancy
procrastinator

A week late but I just noticed the boys donated to the fundraiser for Phil's birthday.

Typical Dan thing to say :roll: and a shame they didn't check the Gift Aid box as that would've added another 50 pounds... Still nice though ;)

I'm really hoping for a DINOF video and live show early next week!
DatCog
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

Aww I hope they’re watching the new series of Queer Eye! I’ve just finished it and I think pretty much every episode made me cry.

Lovely to see the boys donating to Phandom Gives <3
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

dancy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am A week late but I just noticed the boys donated to the fundraiser for Phil's birthday.
Typical Dan thing to say :roll: and a shame they didn't check the Gift Aid box as that would've added another 50 pounds... Still nice though ;)

nice catch dancy!
alittledizzy wrote: Timestamps for Would Phil Hate Dan To Save The World?
:33 - Dan talks about being shamed for their answers.
:43 - Q1 for Dan: fridge/favorite food but taste change when you eat it. (Phil's nifty loophole that I'm pretty sure is not what the question was meant to be.
1:44 - Phil is scared he's gonna end up on a spinning rotisserie, but says he'd taste good. (Dan: I dunno. Bit sugary.)
2:20 - Q1 for Phil: he can see the future, but he'll be blind.
2:40 - The tribute people make to Phil would be tangfastics.
3:02 - When he walks by a tree branch he's afraid one will go in his eye.
3:28 - He wants eyes, and doesn't want to know the future because he'd obsess over when he was going to die.
3:51 - Q2 for Dan: He becomes a secret agent, but there's someone he can't say.
4:00 - Phil mentions telling Dan about the bird that fell in love with the concrete bird. ("Dan almost cried!")
4:34 - "It's not like you can save everyone or do the right thing all the time." Some realism from Phil.
4:58 - Dan says, "Like that nightmare where you're holding a puppy and you keep dropping it." and Phil responds, "Don't remind me of that nightmare." Was Dan being figurative or was that a real nightmare Phil had? Bc if so, wow, traumatic.
5:02 - Phil telling Dan he can't be a secret agent because he'd have to wake up early. Wow, drag him. (Out of bed, apparently.)
5:17 - Dan calls Phil a cow, and Phil's reaction is so cute - apparently 'cow' catches him off guard and makes him laugh, makes me think that's not one Dan uses often.
5:20 Q2 for Phil: Things you think about that you want come true, but things you think about that you don't want also come true.
5:47 - Strong no from Phil. "I'm always into the worst case scenario." Talks about going through death scenarios in his head. Dan gets a weird quiet expression here while Phil is talking that's interesting.
6:13 - "Phil's intrusive thoughts." sitcom theme tune from Dan.
6:32 - Q3 for Dan: You can do anything possible and impossible, but have no friends.
6:51 - They win my heart with the Jupiter Ascending reference.
6:47 - They suddenly notice a blue wire in the ceiling.
7:42 - Q3 for Phil: Unlimited wealth, but can only spend it on others. Dan immediately drags Phil for his capitalistic tendencies.
7:48 - Phil has an Abba moment he needs to release.
8:07 - Dan's fond but also slightly mocking grin when Phil says "That's fine!" about only being able to spend money on other people and not himself, followed by that massive knowing grin... ugh it's fine I'm fine I hate them but I'm fine.
8:17 - capita£ester loophole: he will give dan four billion pounds, dan will give him back three. capita£ester prevails and also caters to sugar baby dan with that billion he gets to keep. (also, wow. to be so rich that you skip past millions - since you already have that - and go straight to billions when imagining wealth.)
8:32 - Q4 for Dan: Immortal, but don't stop aging.
8:53 - Phil's My Humps remix.
9:04 - Jumpcut, then Dan serenades Phil with the wil.i.am verse of the song. Some intense eye contact, which Phil briefly looks away from then looks back toward.
9:44 - Jesus themed My Humps.
9:57 - Q5 for Dan: You get a pokemon, but you lose your left leg. (Did they edit out a Phil question? Or just lose track while playing?)
10:22 - Phil is very eager with the buzz saw. Says that he gets to chop it off.
10:40 - Phil says "hit me" and Dan hits him, followed by cute karate chopping and high pitched noises, because they are weird. I don't know if you guys noticed this. But they are weird.
10:50 - Q4 for Phil: You don't need to sleep, but breathing is manual.
10:52 - Phil trolling Dan with the sound "barri... ear."
11:20 - Weird "things Phil gets up to in his spare time" "at night" thing.
11:38 - Q6 for Dan: oak arms, seagull legs. Phil is very amused by that conversation, requests photoshop.
12:36 - Dan shows off his GOT pajamas.
12:47 - Phil's mind immediately goes to Dan being a camboy with his seagull flipper feet.
13:01 - Q5 for Phil: Superhero powers, but loved ones are super villains.
13:17 - Phil likes Spiderman, doesn't want to be Spiderman. Dan starts eliminating options in an obvious bid to make Phil say Captain America. (First he tells Phil to think about his favorite and not the powers to make sure he doesn't say Spiderman, then he says just Marvel not DC, then when Phil says Thor Dan's response is, "You're just thinking about your favorite." dismissively as though he didn't literally just tell Phil to think about his favorite and not the powers.)
13:44 - "Phil just wants to be a God." blasphemy, Dan. He already is.
14:00 - Dan would become Bucky if Phil was Captain America. Phil says Dan would be Loki, which Dan rejects on the grounds incest....ual shipping.
14:21 - Phil with the buzz saw again. Dan calls the game on basis of being scared for his life since Phil wants to cut all his limbs off.
BLESS. you.
i think this is still my favourite video since the 2017 gaming bloopers. stamping it just felt too overwhelming.
liola wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:29 pm
Bringing on more amazing likes from Twitter, Dan liked this
Iconic
this actually made me laugh out loud. i like the 4th wall breaking acknowledging phil's behaviour. dan is catching up to phil's recent twitter queering today. (queering? queerness? ~queerity)

BTW go over and suggest thread names guys, we've only got 3 contributors and we're nearing 40 pages:

names names names :)
art in avatar by lily
DatCog
blobfish

I really hope 'rainbow nerds' wins the thread name vote!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

dancy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:57 am A week late but I just noticed the boys donated to the fundraiser for Phil's birthday.

I wasn't actually sure it was from them for a while as I thought they would hide the amount or donate anonymously. If it is them they may have maxed out their gift aid contributions on other donations? Either way I decided to post anyway with the caveat that I couldn't prove it was them.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

lilabet wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:59 pm

I wasn't actually sure it was from them for a while as I thought they would hide the amount or donate anonymously. If it is them they may have maxed out their gift aid contributions on other donations? Either way I decided to post anyway with the caveat that I couldn't prove it was them.
When I first saw this last week it had £50 gift aid on it. I guess that lends credence to it being them? If their gift aid has since been checked and removed as they have maxed out contributions.
DatCog
blobfish

I can't imagine someone would donate as much as that and pretend to be them, that would be really strange!
lilMango
morning quiff

Hey y'all
Came because the therapist tweet that Dan recently made got me all emotional. I'm just so happy that he's so open about his depression and therapy. As someone who has only recently opened up about my own mental health, I realize how important it is to break the stigma around talking about it, and I hope his young followers are encouraged by him doing so <3 #CharacterDevelopment

Also, the thor/loki "incest" moment in the latest gaming video was such a blatant reminder that they're constantly thinking about the perception of phan and it made me feel some things. When I first saw that moment, my immediate reaction was, "shit. they really are so hyper aware of shipping" and I thought about the statement in terms of the phandom. But also... Dan mentioning incest at all tells me that they were actually joking about it as a couple, too, not just pointing at us.
(I hope that makes sense lol hi my name is Mango and I'm trying to articulate opinions)
Phil Lester wrote:"I'll rub myself in a mango before I eat a mango."
"Make no judgements where you have no compassion." -Anne McCaffrey
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

DatCog wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 pm I can't imagine someone would donate as much as that and pretend to be them, that would be really strange!
If someone wants to impersonate D&P by giving 200 pounds to charity they can be my guest, lol.

Random prediction: DINOF on Monday, LS on Tuesday? Fingers crossed!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

My heart melted so fast when I saw the tweet about their donation to Phandom Gives :angel3:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

This peach thing feels like a recycled joke, but I can't remember when it came up first.

edit: Some people on Tumblr are finding Phil's use of stickers suspicious.
lilMango
morning quiff

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 pm
The real question is: why his fingernails look so nasty? Is that just me?
alch
ar·tic·u·late

not to look into this too much but yeah the first thing I noticed was the giant ass sad face over his entire hand
Amiaw
interactive introvert

lilMango wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm
my fingernails look like that but its because I'm v. anemic so maybe he is too or he could just be constantly slamming his fingers into things (it is Phil so its not much of a stretch)
liola
rankussy

alch wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 pm
not to look into this too much but yeah the first thing I noticed was the giant ass sad face over his entire hand
tbh my first thought was also "hm that's an unnecessary giant-ass sticker you got over there phil, quite weird"

which I mean, it's Phil and he's obsessed with emojis so I'm not saying it means anything..but it did make me raise an eyebrow
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lilMango wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:12 pm Hey y'all
Came because the therapist tweet that Dan recently made got me all emotional. I'm just so happy that he's so open about his depression and therapy. As someone who has only recently opened up about my own mental health, I realize how important it is to break the stigma around talking about it, and I hope his young followers are encouraged by him doing so <3 #CharacterDevelopment

Also, the thor/loki "incest" moment in the latest gaming video was such a blatant reminder that they're constantly thinking about the perception of phan and it made me feel some things. When I first saw that moment, my immediate reaction was, "shit. they really are so hyper aware of shipping" and I thought about the statement in terms of the phandom. But also... Dan mentioning incest at all tells me that they were actually joking about it as a couple, too, not just pointing at us.
(I hope that makes sense lol hi my name is Mango and I'm trying to articulate opinions)
Aww, I'm glad to see you back! <3

(And I totally agree with both points you're making. I think Dan's Loki/Thor responses was a dual reaction of fan perception but also just, them and his gut reaction as a person.)
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

Amiaw wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:35 pm
my fingernails look like that but its because I'm v. anemic so maybe he is too or he could just be constantly slamming his fingers into things (it is Phil so its not much of a stretch)
my thought was that he upped the contrast on the photo a bunch to make the bruise look more dramatic (which i've definitely never done before, no, not me) and it made his fingernails look weird, but maybe they're just like that :shrug:
nephilimcat
woodland creature

nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:05 pm
my thought was that he upped the contrast on the photo a bunch to make the bruise look more dramatic (which i've definitely never done before, no, not me) and it made his fingernails look weird, but maybe they're just like that :shrug:
My fingernails look like that too, it's normal for clumsy people, I suppose.
pulvis et umbra sumus
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Idk if people are saying his nails look gross from the white bits in them (which are caused by injuries at the nail base which I don't think is very unlike Phil to have), but they just look quite dark pink, which leads me to believe what nigel ratburn said about the contrast of the picture.

Anyway, along with my brain immediately jumping to why Phil would use such a huge emoji to cover up that part of his left hand, I think he's got another bruise near the outside of his wrist? Maybe it's just a shadow but idk it's just something I noticed.
autumnhearth
senpai

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:26 pm This peach thing feels like a recycled joke, but I can't remember when it came up first.

I find this amusing for a few reasons. In the past Phil has used the peach emoji to symbolize his bum. I came across a fic the other day where one of them called the other "peach"... more than once. And yeah the emoji sticker right over his left hand. I'm also content in the knowledge that Dan had said he finds things like bruises, dark circles, etc. attractive (mind you this was a long time ago). Not saying that actually applies to Phil's clumsy injuries or anything.
lilMango
morning quiff

nigel ratburn wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:05 pm
You're right, the contrast looks totally upped. Makes everything look grimier lmao but also accomplishes the goal of highlighting the bruise
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Inspired by the discussion in the Anthony Padilla thread I was doing some browsing on SocialBlade when I found that Dan seems to have privated/deleted a 3M views video (or multiple vids adding up to 3M) yesterday?
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/danisnotonfire

Does anyone know how to check what video(s) that is?
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm Inspired by the discussion in the Anthony Padilla thread I was doing some browsing on SocialBlade when I found that Dan seems to have privated/deleted a 3M views video (or multiple vids adding up to 3M) yesterday?

I don't know if this is related, but he's privated Truth or Dare 2 and University Life, even though last I checked, they were only unlisted.

edit: I think the video he privated most recently was actually Stalker Prank Call.
Last edited by somethingsketchy on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

if y'all think his nails/finger tips look gross then im afraid mine are absolutely repulsive! but i bite my nails and cuticles (i know.....i am so sorry...) so my nails have those white dents and are usually red as well.
but also I'm sure he upped the contrast.

time for the fun demon theory: he got engaged, took the ring off to take the picture, realized you can see the indent mark it left on his finger, then covered it with an emoji.
(jokes are fun)

unrelated: i had a dream last night where i was complaining to my mom that the phandom is just forced to watch d&p being gay all year and that I'm going to unsubscribe because i will never find love...
accurate!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
mm_sunny1993
spork

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm Inspired by the discussion in the Anthony Padilla thread I was doing some browsing on SocialBlade when I found that Dan seems to have privated/deleted a 3M views video (or multiple vids adding up to 3M) yesterday?

Seems like it is 'Stalker Prank Call'.
I don't know if he deleted it or not.