Dan & Phil Part 65: Phabergé

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Cornelia's instagram. So cute. Sorry it won't let me post on my phone. <3
Amiaw
interactive introvert

couples lunch with Martyn and Cornelia
Ablissa
pastel persona

Nothing special, just a casual double date for Valentines Queen Cornelia's birthday. :ribena:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Seven course lunch?! I'm impressed by their appetites.

Any London people able to puzzle out what the restaurant is just from the table?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm internally shrieking. That's easily the cutest thing they could have done.

I'll just be over here, basking in the warm glow of their happiness. <3

:happytears:
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I missed the edit window but bless Cornelia for her sly nods to Phan - she could have posted any pic for her birthday but chose herself holding a big, red valentine’s heart and then let us know that dnp were with them- I’m glad we can always count on her
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Amiaw wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:34 am I missed the edit window but bless Cornelia for her sly nods to Phan - she could have posted any pic for her birthday but chose herself holding a big, red valentine’s heart and then let us know that dnp were with them- I’m glad we can always count on her
She really is genuinely a blessing to the phandom and never fails us. I want to send her a gift tbh.
willowgarden
squish

Here's the thing: people might talk about self love and what romantic dinners are planned and how they gonna dick each other down in a variety of ways on major holidays and anniversaries, but I have watched this video countless times. Y'all, this video is the funniest and most romantic thing ever.

I don't care. Fight me.
  • is this Nintendogs?! but not?
  • it fits your alien-shaped head, that's quite funny -- Dan's casual enjoyment of Phil's head shape, which has been mentioned more than one time by Philip in reference to his weirdness
  • we're not going to be making a baby together
  • I've always got a permanent little sexy smirk, don't I? -- the noping out of that conversation
  • guys! Phil! are you looking? it's Benedict Cumberbatch
  • I look quite manly there -- that's the true face I've always dreamed of(causing Dan to say "... umm, ummm") -- can we talk about how Dan cannot comprehend that Phil's face should look manlier?
  • let's have unicorn rock!
  • what the hell? replay! replay!
  • I'm not sure I want to see that (response: "I do!")
  • you can't do your side selfie
  • that's what you look like when you're angry, you ate my cereal (response: "an all too common occurence")
  • you should actually do movember
  • Phil got there first!
  • let's see what an extra large Dan would look like! you kind of suit it -- do you see Phil shrugging off weight gain and telling him he looks fine, which was one of the side effects that Daniel ranted against in Daniel and Depression re: antidepressants and food anxiety
  • I look like the Ant in Antz... Antz is better than a Bug's Life... why are we talking about Antz? -- keep the one who goes on the tangent with you when you start talking about Pixar
  • the smile is incredible, I wish you smiled like that more often
  • you're supposed to say subscribe, not threaten them with death
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:29 am Seven course lunch?! I'm impressed by their appetites.

Any London people able to puzzle out what the restaurant is just from the table?
When I was in London a few years ago we went to a place called The Clove Club and it looks fairly like that but I can't be very sure. I do know they have a tasting menu and therefore provide a lot of courses.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

hello9217 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 am When I was in London a few years ago we went to a place called The Clove Club and it looks fairly like that but I can't be very sure. I do know they have a tasting menu and therefore provide a lot of courses.
Yep, that's it! Even the chairs match. Amazing! Thank you for the quick find!! What a cute place. Michelin starred! :sparkle:

So... it looks like it's at least £125/person (~$175/person) for lunch if you include cocktails (which... lbr, it's Dan and Phil).

Definitely a casual, platonic birthday lunch if you ask me. :shrug: (Though, sarcasm aside, it is a special birthday, so I guess that's valid.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 am
hello9217 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:20 am When I was in London a few years ago we went to a place called The Clove Club and it looks fairly like that but I can't be very sure. I do know they have a tasting menu and therefore provide a lot of courses.
Yep, that's it! Even the chairs match. Amazing! Thank you for the quick find!! What a cute place. Michelin starred! :sparkle:

So... it looks like it's at least £125/person (~$175/person) for lunch if you include cocktails (which... lbr, it's Dan and Phil).

Definitely a casual, platonic birthday lunch if you ask me. :shrug: (Though, sarcasm aside, it is a special birthday, so I guess that's valid.)
... jesus. To be that damn rich.

(I love it though.)
autumnhearth
senpai

Nice! I’m jealous of the lunch and those chocolates. I thought they were champagne truffles st first, but they are an assortment.

http://www.charbonnel.co.uk/gifts/valen ... ction.html

Red velvet box of course :love1:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

god, i love the Lester's.
my lonely ass is out here living digitally-vicariously through other ppls relationships. why? cause I'm lonely, baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no but seriously this is cute i love!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I feel as usual people are speculating wildly and just assuming their motives are romantic.

I mean, Phil could just as well be having a nice dinner with his brother and Cornelia. It's her birthday after all, which just happens to coincide with Valentines day. Dan is also a good friend of all of them, and they run a company or two together.
The price of the dinner is nothing special for people who are doing well financially and Dan and Phil eat everywhere - this is hardly the first time they've gone to a nice and expensive restaurant.

So aside from it having a lot of special meaning in the heads of shippers because of the supposed "celibration" of Valentine's day or the vday prank vid ... there's not really anything particularly interesting being 'revealed" imo.
But no doubt some see it differently.

That said, of course it's cute -as is about anything they do- and it's a lovely fantasy to think they are treating themselves and Cornelia and Martyn to this double couple date-dinner ;)
They seem to really enjoy their time before they are going on tour. It's good to know their friendship is still strong, they'll be spending time together even more than usual the coming months so they better be still as fond of each other as in 2009 :lol:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I've gotta say, as "anti" as I usually am, this does look more like a double date. I don't know how close Cornelia and Dan are though so maybe she considers him family along with her boyfriend and Phil, who knows? But if it's just the four of them going out for a birthday lunch for her, it does give off "couple vibes", as much as I hate that term. :D Like, I know we shouldn't compare their friendship to ourselves and all, but I've known my best friend since we were thirteen years old and we're really close but she would probably not invite me to a birthday lunch with her brother and his gf... But as I said, I have no clue how close Cornelia and Dan are so maybe she wanted him there as a friend and it's nothing to do with Phil at all. I'm pretty sure it's not a business thing though. This is a private birthday lunch, I don't think they'd invite Dan along just because they work with him. It's not a business dinner... Anyways, the lunch was about Cornelia and her birthday, not about Valentine's Day, so all the best to her, I hope she had fun!

I feel like the only thing I can offer to conversations like this as an agnostic is basically "We can't know :shrug:", lol.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:29 am Seven course lunch?! I'm impressed by their appetites.
I'm assuming they had the taster menu - with portions that small you'd need seven courses for it to qualify as a meal :roll:
I wonder what dot and pop thought of the food? :hmmm: I was snooping on the restaurant's insta and... idk, but I was under the impression the boys were picky eaters I guess (especially Phil)? I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts.
Ribona
crusty sponge

Cornelia's post was the first thing I saw this morning and I couldn't help but smile! They are all so cute and I hope they enjoyed their fancy lunch :love1:
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Katka wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:39 am I've gotta say, as "anti" as I usually am, this does look more like a double date. I don't know how close Cornelia and Dan are though so maybe she considers him family along with her boyfriend and Phil, who knows? But if it's just the four of them going out for a birthday lunch for her, it does give off "couple vibes", as much as I hate that term. :D Like, I know we shouldn't compare their friendship to ourselves and all, but I've known my best friend since we were thirteen years old and we're really close but she would probably not invite me to a birthday lunch with her brother and his gf... But as I said, I have no clue how close Cornelia and Dan are so maybe she wanted him there as a friend and it's nothing to do with Phil at all. I'm pretty sure it's not a business thing though. This is a private birthday lunch, I don't think they'd invite Dan along just because they work with him. It's not a business dinner... Anyways, the lunch was about Cornelia and her birthday, not about Valentine's Day, so all the best to her, I hope she had fun!

I feel like the only thing I can offer to conversations like this as an agnostic is basically "We can't know :shrug:", lol.
Well that shows that personal experiences can differ. Just last month I did exactly that - have a dinner with 4 with a friend, his sister and her boyfriend - which I hardly know. And it was good fun.
But agreed. I don't think Dan was invited in a work or business context at all I was just mentioning Dan, Phil and Martyn are involved in a business too. After all these years of social get-togethers and planning/managing the merch store together it looks very plausable to me that Dan, Phil, Cornelia and Martyn are all pretty close. They also just seem to like each other. Which to me makes it appear fairly normal that they would have a dinner with 4 for Cornelia's bday. I also think that while the dinners was unlikely to be about work/business it's still possible some merch store/tour planning stuff did get discussed casually. For sure there are many things they have to talk about now with the tour coming, regardless of whether they did so in this particular dinner.

It's all very lovely and I believe nobody can really know (we're all agnosts) because it's anyone's guess what view any of the 4 people involved hold on bday dinners or what their take was on the night. It's just one of the things they did together again and which we know of because Cornelia shared it.
I just don't believe Cornelia is trying to give us subtle hints here, as if she's trying to tell the "phandom" something about the truth of phan :ribena:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

Aw, I hope the four of them had a lovely day, and that Cornelia had a great birthday :love2: That's almost as cute as that time the four of them rented a two bedroom penthouse in Miami last year - something I do with my best friend, her brother and his girlfriend all the time, of course.

(I kid, I kid. But also I don't really, the situation reads very much as yet another example of Dan being comfortably included as a part of the Lester family, given the wider context of Dan and Phil's history together. The lunch may very well have also been in part a late catch up for Phil's birthday alongside Cornelia's, given that Martyn and Cornelia were on holiday during Phil's birthday, but again there would be no inherent need for Dan to join. He's clearly integrated into the family, so it seems like more of a reach to insist that it couldn't possibly be anything but platonic, at least from my perspective.)
liola
rankussy

My only complain in life is that Lester parents didn't have another child after Phil allowing me to live my long last dream of dating a Lester brother thus having multi-curse millionaire dinners
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
Stakhanov
haru pillow

I mean same I don't think you can go wrong with dating a Lester.
The famous youtuber Dani Snot On Fire is rumored to have a brother who might be dating material but he's gotta be a priest or something (ok more like a high priest of Death Metal ;) ) Sadly he gets invited to none of the birthdays if social media is anything to go on, and should have died a couple of years ago after a short but explosive tumblr carreer :)
autumnhearth
senpai

In response to whether Cornelia considers Dan family, this twitter reply comes to mind, even though I know she’s talking about the phandom not phan and fam, the Lesters, nor even their team.
And it seems whatever little project he had in mind got shot down real quick.
malday
emo goose

D'aww that instagram was sweet, i hope they had a lovely day. Her post reminded me of this other one.

Last edited by malday on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ratlad
angel bean

I'm very curious as to why people are anti's? I'm not trying to be rude, but... c'mon haha
if d&p were a straight couple, nobody would question if they were dating or not given what their history is and what they do together these days... i just have a lot to say and a lot of questions but idk if this is the right time.
ratlad
angel bean

captainspacecoat wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:06 pm Aw, I hope the four of them had a lovely day, and that Cornelia had a great birthday :love2: That's almost as cute as that time the four of them rented a two bedroom penthouse in Miami last year - something I do with my best friend, her brother and his girlfriend all the time, of course.

it seems like more of a reach to insist that it couldn't possibly be anything but platonic, at least from my perspective.)
i second this!