Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dancy
procrastinator

I'm glad Dan's doing a live show soon, I've missed him :D There's quite a bit to talk about and I've also seen some people saying that it's likely that he's seen Black Panther considering what he's been listening to on Spotify (which I don't have), so I'd love to hear his thoughts on it!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

The bathroom with the smal tiling has a shower too.
DatCog
blobfish

malday wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:54 pm How i understand it:
bathroom 1 with only a shower:
bathroom 2 with a bathtub:
bathroom 3 with a bathtub:
ImageImage
Credit for the pics from past posts by autumnhearth, missemma.
Agreed - I reckon bathroom 1 with the shower and dark tiles is the ensuite to the gaming room. I also reckon that the moon room has an ensuite shower and it could be the one we saw in Dan's depression video. 4 bathrooms for 2 guys!

Edit - see post above!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

ImageImage
I think the bathroom 1 photos and photos 1 and 4 under bathroom 2 are the same bathroom, judging by the tiling and the shower door. I also think photos 3 and 4 under bathroom two is a separate bathroom in the hardwood floor flat, just going off the fact that the door is white, and all the doors seem to be a dark wood in the tiled flat.

I think they have a bathroom with a shower/bathtub combo in the tiled flat, and at least two bathrooms in the hardwood flat, as I'm pretty sure Dan has an ensuite? I could be wrong

edit: i also agree with the two posts above this one
Secretstanner
truth bomb

3/4 bathrooms, 2 kitchens but only 3 bedrooms.....? :hmmm: there has got to be more rooms that could be used as bedrooms we havnt seen.
DatCog
blobfish

Secretstanner wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:10 pm 3/4 bathrooms, 2 kitchens but only 3 bedrooms.....? :hmmm: there has got to be more rooms that could be used as bedrooms we havnt seen.
There's probably at least 1 bedroom in the duplex we've never seen :spy:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

my heart feels like its being squeezed after being blessed w that pic
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
malday
emo goose

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:03 pm
ImageImage
I think the bathroom 1 photos and photos 1 and 4 under bathroom 2 are the same bathroom, judging by the tiling and the shower door. I also think photos 3 and 4 under bathroom two is a separate bathroom in the hardwood floor flat, just going off the fact that the door is white, and all the doors seem to be a dark wood in the tiled flat.

I think they have a bathroom with a shower/bathtub combo in the tiled flat, and at least two bathrooms in the hardwood flat, as I'm pretty sure Dan has an ensuite? I could be wrong

edit: i also agree with the two posts above this one
I would agree, but the tiles in bathroom 1 have texture, and those in bathroom 2 are plain. There are plain tiles that match in all the pics under bathroom 2. Not all the doors in the tiled flat are dark wood, there are some light colored doors:
But it's anyone's guess, so you might be right that could be a 4th bathroom.
Last edited by malday on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dancy
procrastinator

Wait, why do people think the moon room has an ensuite bathroom? Is that based on something Dan has said or shown or is it just an assumption?
DatCog
blobfish

dancy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:32 pm Wait, why do people think the moon room has an ensuite bathroom? Is that based on something Dan has said or shown or is it just an assumption?
During the first live show that Dan did in that room, he quickly panned around and there was a open door on the curved wall side that looked like it went into a bathroom. Tbh you would also expect an ensuite in a master bedroom which I would assume the moon room is.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I have a bit of a scented candle obsession so i put Dan's description into google to see about getting one. But its 45 POUNDS for one medium-sized candle!!! (a candle that size would usually be $10-12 on average)
https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/prod ... ndle--190g
Why is everything Dan owns expensive lol. Bougie boy.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
Loafer
sofa crease

I think bathroom 1 and 2 are the same, and what appears like a shower is the tub as well - aren’t bathtubs/showers with the glass side on one half of the tub common in England? I looked up several flats in London and they all had the same type of bathroom shower/tub.
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to- ... 29023.html
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I have been blessed by that selfie Dan posted omg he’s so pretty
:transheart:
dancy
procrastinator

DatCog wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 pm
dancy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:32 pm Wait, why do people think the moon room has an ensuite bathroom? Is that based on something Dan has said or shown or is it just an assumption?
During the first live show that Dan did in that room, he quickly panned around and there was a open door on the curved wall side that looked like it went into a bathroom. Tbh you would also expect an ensuite in a master bedroom which I would assume the moon room is.
Ah yes, you're right! I never bothered to watch his "am I still an emo??" live show because the lighting bothered me but I just had a look and there does seem to be a door! I wonder if it leads to the bathroom with the small tiles or if it's one we haven't seen before.
KatjaZoe wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 pm I have a bit of a scented candle obsession so i put Dan's description into google to see about getting one. But its 45 POUNDS for one medium-sized candle!!! (a candle that size would usually be $10-12 on average)
Gosh, I couldn't imagine spending so much money on a candle. Where's the candle haul he said he would film though :sideeye:
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

What a sweet picture. It does look just wholesome to me. Even if all his pictures are meant to be flirty and IrONiC at the same time it's still just such a nice composition i can't help but being overwhelmed a bit. I love the description. I love the hand on his heart. I love his tender smile. I love the silly oversized rubber duck. It's just so Dan to bathe with a rubber duckie. :love1:
I mean chances are the duck is just there to complete the picture's aesthetic and lives a lonely life on the shelf but hey still cute

Also, what's up with his muscles he really does look so skinny it's like he has dimples all over his body :number1: I hope he's doing well, i've got a hunch he's been going through some trying times.
My crops are watered my harvest is saved we're likely getting a live stream. Finally :platonic:
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Loafer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:05 pm I think bathroom 1 and 2 are the same, and what appears like a shower is the tub as well - aren’t bathtubs/showers with the glass side on one half of the tub common in England? I looked up several flats in London and they all had the same type of bathroom shower/tub.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's a bath and shower combination. I also think bathroom 1 and 2 (with the big grey tiles) are the same and that there's two bathrooms in total that we've seen. They might have more we haven't seen. I don't even know why I'm posting this, I'm usually not about the flat layout discussions, lol.

What I actually came to say: Of course the candle is hella expensive. :lol: That's so Dan and also so hilarious.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Okay backtracking a bit to Phil's tweet this morning... omg this joke is so dark and Dan-like.
malday
emo goose

Katka wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:28 pm
Loafer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:05 pm I think bathroom 1 and 2 are the same, and what appears like a shower is the tub as well - aren’t bathtubs/showers with the glass side on one half of the tub common in England? I looked up several flats in London and they all had the same type of bathroom shower/tub.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's a bath and shower combination. I also think bathroom 1 and 2 (with the big grey tiles) are the same and that there's two bathrooms in total that we've seen. They might have more we haven't seen. I don't even know why I'm posting this, I'm usually not about the flat layout discussions, lol.
I should have included this picture as well,
from this angle it just looks like a shower cabin with no bathtub.Image
again, credit to autumnhearth's post for the pic.
Last edited by malday on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

dancy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 pm
DatCog wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:40 pm I have a bit of a scented candle obsession so i put Dan's description into google to see about getting one. But its 45 POUNDS for one medium-sized candle!!! (a candle that size would usually be $10-12 on average)
Gosh, I couldn't imagine spending so much money on a candle. Where's the candle haul he said he would film though :sideeye:
It seemed familiar to me, so I did a bit of searching and we've definitely talked about this candle on IDB. (Shout-out to @swofro who originally ID'd it!) :lol: Seems like it was a gift from someone? Not that I'm excusing the price, because LBR they've both paid more for stupider shit.

Dan mentions it at 57:00 in this LS:
So, technically, that bath-time candle he's using is Phil's.... :daddy: So, unless otherwise clarified, I'm assuming Phil was sitting at the other end of that tub. Fight me.

(ETA: Hilariously, if you watch at ~56:57 in that video, he totally did that thing where he faked a comment. "Dan, what's that?" Then he realizes nobody would have seen the candle and therefore no one would have asked that. You're not sly, buddy. You're not sly.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

My gut says they didn't wait over a year to burn it, and that maybe it's a candle they liked and repurchased? Though the idea of Dan burning a candle Phil waited over a year to light is actually kinda hilarious.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm My gut says they didn't wait over a year to burn it, and that maybe it's a candle they liked and repurchased? Though the idea of Dan burning a candle Phil waited over a year to light is actually kinda hilarious.
Conversation in the Lester-Howell household during the next celebratory event:

"Dan??? Have you seen that candle I got as a gift last year? You know, the expensive one that smells blood orange and coriander? I feel like today is the perfect occasion to light it."
"Uhhh no? Pretty sure such a candle never entered this house. And shut up, it's fucking red."
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
blackdenim
procrastinator

Hiiii I'm weighing in tragically late as always because my life has been hectic so far this year. Here are my quick-fire opinions on a few recent things:

Phil's emoji-hand: When I saw the tweet my initial thought was he had something written on his hand he didn't want us to see (e.g. merch idea? 'I love you Dan/Janice'?) but I much prefer the idea that it's a club stamp and he doesn't want everyone to know he's living it large at fabric of a weekend with Joe Sugg, because it's not 'on brand'.

Dan deleting videos: Personally I think of YouTuber's channels as their portfolios, and if there's something in there they don't feel represents their work anymore, it's completely understandable for them to delete it - particularly as potential advertisers/publishers/people who might offer them jobs outside YT will visit their channel first. But then I rarely rewatch a YT video so I don't miss them when they're gone.

Bath selfie:
1.) Dan's collarbone has killed me. I LOVE collarbones. I'm caught halfway between desperately fancying him and desperately wanting my own collarbones to look like that.
2.) I have the same candle. Yes, it was expensive but I bought it on impulse after a breakup and you have to treat yourself sometimes. ANYWAY I can confirm it smells bloody wonderful. I daren't burn it for longer than 15 minutes at a time because I don't want it to run out. Sometimes I just hold it and sniff it. I'm serious about this candle, guys - it's my 30th birthday in July and if any of you were wondering what to get me, I'm doing a kickstarter to buy myself more expensive candles :lol:
3.) So proud to see 2 flats is (mostly) accepted fact at this point. The little crackpot-theory that could :')

Black Panther soundtrack: I'm glad Dan has been listening to it and I hope when he does his LS he goes on a 90 minute pretentious rant about how incredible the movie is and how PERFECT the soundtrack/inspired by' album is because it would be the one patronising rant of his I could totally get on board with due to it being 100% true and I want as many people to watch/listen to it as possible.
autumnhearth
senpai

blackdenim that’s a great comparison with the portfolio.

Bath selfie is great. Boys gotta lotta bathrooms. Quite a step up from just one downstairs. I wish I had more than one bathroom, a big bath and expensive candles.

Just looking at those now and am curious as to who got them. Hazel comes to mind, but I suppose only because she sang Fairytale of New York and said it’s her favorite holiday song. Could have been anyone. :shrug:

Dan is so funny when he describes what he is smelling in the ls, but he just copied and pasted the official description in the tweet reply (and here I thought he was being extra) :lol:

https://www.bellafreud.com/catalogsearc ... /?q=Candle

Here is the line of candles if anyone is curious. They have one called ‘psychoanalysis’ and another called ‘lion’. Too bad ‘close to my heart’ isn’t a candle (they have jumpers, cushions and perfume though).

https://www.bellafreud.com/close-to-my- ... -grey.html

Matching £160 cushions anyone? I’ll see my :twisted: self out.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

Catallena wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:30 am "Uhhh no? Pretty sure such a candle never entered this house. And shut up, it's fucking red."
A+ reference :D

i don't like the selfie but i may be influenced by oversized smiling objects being a thing that freak me out. edit: ...i meant the duck

though i do appreciate his perennial delicate collarbones making an appearance, they're a classic ~dan staple i've missed him showing off.
art in avatar by lily
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I am....very interested in this