Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obvsly
#relatable
Pronouns: she/her

mermaid blood wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am
i don't like the selfie but i may be influenced by oversized smiling objects being a thing that freak me out.
edit: ...i meant the duck
Thanks for clarifying :lol:

(oh shoot no really sorry this is top of the page ugh)
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I think those hand-emoji theories might be too wild :lol: I thought he just used it because his hand might have looked weird/had a weird shape in the photo. I know I've done it before, hands can look really weird depending on the angle and if you are overthinking about posting or not a photo of it. :shrug:
not gonna be mad if the ring theory is true tho :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 amJust looking at those now and am curious as to who got them. Hazel comes to mind, but I suppose only because she sang Fairytale of New York and said it’s her favorite holiday song. Could have been anyone. :shrug:

Dan is so funny when he describes what he is smelling in the ls, but he just copied and pasted the official description in the tweet reply (and here I thought he was being extra) :lol:

https://www.bellafreud.com/catalogsearc ... /?q=Candle

Here is the line of candles if anyone is curious. They have one called ‘psychoanalysis’ and another called ‘lion’. Too bad ‘close to my heart’ isn’t a candle (they have jumpers, cushions and perfume though).

https://www.bellafreud.com/close-to-my- ... -grey.html

Matching £160 cushions anyone? I’ll see my :twisted: self out.
I remember staring at those candles last year in pure want. Dan got the Art one and Phil for Fairytale of New York. I really am curious if maybe they just burn them very slowly or they've repurchased. I'm almost impressed if they have been burning it and made the candle last over a year, though.
DatCog
blobfish

I wish I had enough money to buy fancy-ass candles - I always get jealous seeing beauty bloggers getting freebie Jo Malones and Diptyques when my limit is the occasional Yankee if its in the sale!

Still waiting for that candle haul Dan :please:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

HE DID IT! Dan finally changed his Tumblr theme into something less awful after promising he'd do it for years now.

Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Catallena wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm HE DID IT! Dan finally changed his Tumblr theme into something less awful after promising he'd do it for years now.

......it's still ugly tho :sobs:
Ablissa
pastel persona

snokoplasmic wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm
Catallena wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 pm HE DID IT! Dan finally changed his Tumblr theme into something less awful after promising he'd do it for years now.

......it's still ugly tho :sobs:
It's not the prettiest theme I've seen, but it's about 1000000000000000000 times better than what he had before, so I'll take it. :ribena: Is he going to use his tumblr more now??
dancy
procrastinator

I like Dan's new layout! To be honest, I don't follow him or Phil on Tumblr though because they hardly use it for anything other than posting videos and pictures. Shame, I'm not interested in any "aesthetic shitposting" (as Dan likes to call it) but it would be nice if they reblogged fan art, edits and gif sets more often, which some other Youtubers like Markiplier, Jacksepticeye and Thomas Sanders do. Phil said he wanted to do that in one of his live shows and he did for a while but he's already stopped. They do occasionally like art but reblogging it would lead to more exposure. I do get why they may not enjoy looking through the tags too often though because of the shipping content.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

hmm
Last edited by alittledizzy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tumblr embed
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean

ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:20 pm [Tumblr]https://phancuffs.tumblr.com/post/171055515457[/Tumblr]
hmm
i am officially the worst at posting links on here is this even working what the heck
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm
ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:20 pm [Tumblr]https://phancuffs.tumblr.com/post/171055515457[/Tumblr]
hmm
i am officially the worst at posting links on here is this even working what the heck
No worries, got it for you! The tumblr embed code is a bit convoluted, unfortunately.
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:25 pm
ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm
hmm
No worries, got it for you! The tumblr embed code is a bit convoluted, unfortunately.
thank u !!!!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, new tumblr theme is pretty! Very slick and good choice of font. He looks so good in the icon photo, it’s a sweet expression so fits well with his usual wholesome black hole juxtaposition. Loving the shampoo dream analysis too :tu:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

So I binged watched the whole season of queer eye on Netflix the other day and gained a hetro crush on Antoni Porowski. I joked that if dan were to watch the show he’d probably think he’s cute because he’s extremely attractive. I just saw dan followed someone on Instagram and it is in fact Antoni Porowski. I guess he’s been watching the show since he liked Charlie’s tweet about it. I know this is dumb for getting excited about dan watching this show but it does :babuse:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Weee Dan changed his tumblr layout fucking finally. Too late though since I just don't care for tumblr anymore. Unless he does something fun with it, starts a queue or something, I'm over it already.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
alien
procrastinator

Secretstanner wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:55 pm So I binged watched the whole season of queer eye on Netflix the other day and gained a hetro crush on Antoni Porowski. I joked that if dan were to watch the show he’d probably think he’s cute because he’s extremely attractive. I just saw dan followed someone on Instagram and it is in fact Antoni Porowski. I guess he’s been watching the show since he liked Charlie’s tweet about it. I know this is dumb for getting excited about dan watching this show but it does :babuse:
Dan would follow the one that makes the food :rofl:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

alien wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 pm
Secretstanner wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:55 pm So I binged watched the whole season of queer eye on Netflix the other day and gained a hetro crush on Antoni Porowski. I joked that if dan were to watch the show he’d probably think he’s cute because he’s extremely attractive. I just saw dan followed someone on Instagram and it is in fact Antoni Porowski. I guess he’s been watching the show since he liked Charlie’s tweet about it. I know this is dumb for getting excited about dan watching this show but it does :babuse:
Dan would follow the one that makes the food :rofl:
90% of the reason I do. His IG story gets me through the day
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i actually quite like dan's new theme, and i tend to be quite picky about tumblr themes so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (honestly, anything is better than his old one, what a disaster)
i also really liked the way he used to use it as a ~shitposting aesthetic~ blog-- even if it wasn't content i personally liked i was always interested to see what kind of stuff attracted him. i imagine the deep analysis some of his reblogs drew may have made him wary of that kind of thing, though.

i haven't watched queer eye but i've been meaning to-- antoni may be attractive but he's replacing ted allen so he has big shoes to fill in my heart
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I'm hoping Dan does his liveshow for the week today because it's a stat holiday in Canada and one of the only times I'll be able to watch a liveshow live and not be at work / commuting home when it's happening. But I'll also take a regular video too, I'm not picky
ratlad
angel bean

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm I'm hoping Dan does his liveshow for the week today because it's a stat holiday in Canada and one of the only times I'll be able to watch a liveshow live and not be at work / commuting home when it's happening. But I'll also take a regular video too, I'm not picky
a perfect way to spend Family Day is to watch Dan on younow
(hoping it's a joint show w Philly boye)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

this is the most jarring push notification i've ever received
alien
procrastinator

obsessivelymoody wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 pm Image

this is the most jarring push notification i've ever received
I thought so too! Can anyone remember the last time tumblr pushed one of their posts?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

ratlad wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:33 pm
whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm I'm hoping Dan does his liveshow for the week today because it's a stat holiday in Canada and one of the only times I'll be able to watch a liveshow live and not be at work / commuting home when it's happening. But I'll also take a regular video too, I'm not picky
a perfect way to spend Family Day is to watch Dan on younow
(hoping it's a joint show w Philly boye)
sometimes a family is you and two youtubers you've never met and who don't have a clue who you are

(no but seriously, that would be the perfect family day)
kavat
pastel persona

I never thought Dan would actually change his theme. I thought he would just put it off until he could claim it was retro. But I like the new one, at least the desktop theme! I'm not sure about the font choice of the mobile theme, but hey, it's all just comes down to taste I guess.

I get tumblr notifications sometimes about new posts from blogs I interact with a lot, but that was a new take that I haven't seen before.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

The winning art, if you don't want to click:
I'm still in awe that they really did that.