Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 pm I'm with Phil. I have definitely eavesdropped on neighbors fighting in the hallway before. I hate to be "that" person, but did anyone else find his use of pronouns a bit odd?"My neighbours are arguing..." why not "Our neighbors are arguing..."? Could this be more evidence in support of the 2 flat theory? :sherlock:
Nah, if anything Phil's use of the singular just supports the theory raised by Sean that Phil and Dan really are one merged entity; Phil has moved past the plural we and straight on to the collective consciousness :illuminati: :geek: :lol:

edit: ffs what a post for the top! I do apologise :headdesk2:
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:42 pm
sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 pm I'm with Phil. I have definitely eavesdropped on neighbors fighting in the hallway before. I hate to be "that" person, but did anyone else find his use of pronouns a bit odd?"My neighbours are arguing..." why not "Our neighbors are arguing..."? Could this be more evidence in support of the 2 flat theory? :sherlock:
Nah, if anything Phil's use of the singular just supports the theory raised by Sean that Phil and Dan really are one merged entity; Phil has moved past the plural we and straight on to the collective consciousness :illuminati: :geek: :lol:

edit: ffs what a post for the top! I do apologise :headdesk2:
Oooo! I like this theory!
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Phil has referred to this new apartment as “my apartment” many times and then in the next breath he’ll say our apartment. Dan is usually better with the “our” or “we” do when he talks about the flat it’s usually as a shared possession.
Also, every photo phil has shared on his twitter that hasn’t been related to a gaming vid is usually taken in the lounge or on the stairs of the lived in flat. The gaming flat seems pretty unlived in imo
malday
emo goose

fancybum wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 pm
sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:26 pm I'm with Phil. I have definitely eavesdropped on neighbors fighting in the hallway before. I hate to be "that" person, but did anyone else find his use of pronouns a bit odd? "My neighbours are arguing..." why not "Our neighbors are arguing..."? Could this be more evidence in support of the 2 flat theory? :sherlock:
I took too long to understand what this meant lol. Do you mean him saying "my neighbours" instead of "ours" indicates their (theoretical) 2 flat set up is separate enough that he considers one his and Dan considers the other his, to the point where they consider their neighbours separately? Hmm I think that specific version of the 2 flat theory doesn't have much going for it yet so yes sure let's throw it on the pile.
Well, according to the pictures (and the theory), he's eavesdropping in the apartment that has Dan's room and Dan's piano and other possessions in it, it's weird that Phil would stake a claim on Dan's things like that, but not surprising since he's CapitaLester. j/k
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair
Pronouns: she/her

Amiaw wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm Phil has referred to this new apartment as “my apartment” many times and then in the next breath he’ll say our apartment. Dan is usually better with the “our” or “we” do when he talks about the flat it’s usually as a shared possession.
Yeaah I'm going with this Phil just says "my" more often than "our", he always has, doesn't have to mean anything (in my opinion).
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

He looks so pretty in that jumper and his glasses with his hair looking so good, his curious face all cute with his peachy skin and being a cheeky, sneaky something-else-effusive-in-praise, just clearly not a smol innocent angel bean ;) Suffice to say I love the photos and the domestics. It’s funny seeing him from Dan’s perspective downstairs through the stairs and railings. If the neighbours were going on long enough that he had time to go get a glass, I don’t blame him being this nosy.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

flarequake wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:38 pm He looks so pretty in that jumper and his glasses with his hair looking so good, his curious face all cute with his peachy skin and being a cheeky, sneaky something-else-effusive-in-praise, just clearly not a smol innocent angel bean ;) Suffice to say I love the photos and the domestics. It’s funny seeing him from Dan’s perspective downstairs through the stairs and railings. If the neighbours were going on long enough that he had time to go get a glass, I don’t blame him being this nosy.
Those were my exact first thoughts lmao, I'm always embarrassingly thirsty for Phil :lol:
Secretstanner
truth bomb

yellowsubmarine wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:29 pm
Amiaw wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm Phil has referred to this new apartment as “my apartment” many times and then in the next breath he’ll say our apartment. Dan is usually better with the “our” or “we” do when he talks about the flat it’s usually as a shared possession.
Yeaah I'm going with this Phil just says "my" more often than "our", he always has, doesn't have to mean anything (in my opinion).
I mean once in sims he literally referred to their dish washer as my dishwasher while talking to dan. It’s not a big deal it’s just the language he uses. I may have a different view on what their relationship is then most people in the phandom but even I think it’s silly to get upset or even question why Phil says my or his instead of theirs or ours.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i am a giant rock of salt rn
i knew those cute as hell domestic married tweets from them were gonna replace a gaming vid, rats!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

hah omg this is the kind of stuff I love, yes to the domestic pieces they share with us :love2: I'm definitely Phil in this situation; anything you say in a more-or-less public space is fair game to listen to (plus I'm nosy af). Definitely no gaming video, which sucks, but this is still cute!

Two notes: the fact that the peephole is open shows real commitment to the eavesdropping game, lol can't judge tho because I'd be peeking out too :lol: and I'm sorry but that front door is HUGE, is that normal in London? (In such a tiny country, I doubt it). Phil is 6'2 and it still dwarfs him, that's one tall damn door.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’m not sure there is a normal in London tbh. I live in the suburbs in a typical semi-detached house (like The Dursleys’ only with a small bathroom under the stairs instead of a wizard child, my bff’s place had a larder), and the doors are 6’6” with the ceilings another 6-8” higher (probably not as much as 8, I just can’t tell exactly). As for apartment buildings further in, I can’t really help at all so thought I’d just post this for the little info I could provide :P It probably depends on things like the age of the building and how far an old one can be converted.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Dan's currently watching/commenting on his senpai Owen Jones' live stream.

(...and I guess this is me herby admitting I was tuning in too ;) )
liola
rankussy

Okay these are so cute?? Like I ALMOST want them
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Oh, they’re so cute! I’m just watching some old Dan vids and all a-squee at his younger cute self, my heart’s extra-receptive. They’re making me think of pretty buttercream icing on a cake :love2:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

liola wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:27 pm Okay these are so cute?? Like I ALMOST want them
Alright when Phil did the Twitter poll all those months ago I was disappointed that pajamas didn't win.....but these are so friggin adorable I might actually buy them :love1: Dan's wavy hair is so cute!
autumnhearth
senpai

Aww. My first impulse is to be nitpicky about how they differ from the video (no baby blue chinos for Phil, brown buckles on the dungarees and of course the flower crowns are different, maybe I could make them fuller ones) but does it matter? Nah. Phil’s eyes really pop and I’m a sucker for pink and brown (as well as blue and brown). The kiddo wants a Dan and I told him he can’t have Dan without Phil, so I guess that’s that. The question is, order for Easter or wait for II?
flarequake
not an airport stalker

I’d order them when they go on sale if you can, last time the first batch sold out pretty fast and it took a few months before they were back in stock.

Pyjamas! That was the option I couldn’t remember (third was their gold Tatinof suits, I don’t remember if there was a fourth).

I wondered about Phil’s white trousers too, maybe they thought there’d be too much blue next to Dan’s dungarees? Just remembered the white jeans from Phil’s clothes video :drool: I didn’t notice the flower crowns are different, good point. Phil’s was a slightly purply blue and Dan’s was peach, I guess they’re keeping pink to go with the tshirt for Dan (which was also peach in the video, maybe pink for plushies is easier or cheaper). As for Phil’s being three colours... maybe because he wears more colours anyway, but then Dan doesn’t wear pink or blue normally so idk and this feels like analysing too far. The shade of blue goes with his eyes and the hint of tshirt, though.
Last edited by flarequake on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

flarequake wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:03 pm I’d order them when they go on sale if you can, last time the first batch sold out pretty fast and it took a few months before they were back in stock.

Pyjamas! That was the option I couldn’t remember (third was their gold Tatinof suits, I don’t remember if there was a fourth).
I'm pretty sure the fourth was Christmas-themed!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm still bitter the pajama ones didn't win. mostly because the Pajama ones are probably the only style of plushie that I'd be motivated to actually buy. But those are still really cute.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:06 pm I'm still bitter the pajama ones didn't win. mostly because the Pajama ones are probably the only style of plushie that I'd be motivated to actually buy. But those are still really cute.
Wait, do you.. not sleep in overalls and a flower crown? Anything can be pajamas if you believe :sparkle:

No but these are adorable and my money belongs to them :love2:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
autumnhearth
senpai

I think it was probably cheaper to get those little pre-made rosettes than to pick material for those pale bushy/girthy/thicc flowers they had on their heads.

I’m curious about what pjs people would want to see them in. There are some obvious choices for Phil (emojis, cookie monster, plaid bottoms, though I don’t know what top) would Dan just be in his pants? ;)

Oh goodness festive plushies in time for next December please boys!

I will have to convince the husband somehow. He still won’t agree on where I can hang the dog calender. He said I could put it upstairs, but the only non-dormered wall is right next to our bed and he was *not* having that. Plushies are easy, they go in the kiddo’s bed with Totoro, Pusheen and all the bears, cats and owls. We don’t really celebrate Easter, though we will be down in Florida that week visiting my parents... oh yes, ask grandma. Good plan.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 pm
I’m curious about what pjs people would want to see them in. There are some obvious choices for Phil (emojis, cookie monster, plaid bottoms, though I don’t know what top) would Dan just be in his pants? ;)
Game of Thrones!
I will have to convince the husband somehow. He still won’t agree on where I can hang the dog calender. He said I could put it upstairs, but the only non-dormered wall is right next to our bed and he was *not* having that.
Can you put it inside a closet or cupboard door that you open a lot (and maybe he doesn't)? Of course that might be too symbolic.... ;)
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Ah, festive theme. So many jumper choices.

I loved Phil’s Star Wars pyjamas, others are all a close second. Dan has the Pokemon trainer trousers and now the Game of Thrones, maybe he has other plain ones. Plus the Yeezy, I think, camo top and other tshirts. If they’d gone with that, could’ve been tricky with so many other brands’ designs.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

fancybum wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:13 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:06 pm I'm still bitter the pajama ones didn't win. mostly because the Pajama ones are probably the only style of plushie that I'd be motivated to actually buy. But those are still really cute.
Wait, do you.. not sleep in overalls and a flower crown? Anything can be pajamas if you believe :sparkle:

No but these are adorable and my money belongs to them :love2:
I just need to believe harder. :sparkle:
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 pmI’m curious about what pjs people would want to see them in. There are some obvious choices for Phil (emojis, cookie monster, plaid bottoms, though I don’t know what top) would Dan just be in his pants? ;)
I am guessing there might be some licensing issues involved with making most of the pj pants - Cookie Monster, emojis, GoT, Star Wars... but for Dan I could see camo top and just black sweatpants, for Phil a t-shirt and brightly colored slightly obnoxious bottoms. I also really want Phil in glasses in one of these plushie sets, and I think the pj one would be most fitting for that.
autumnhearth
senpai

LeftHandedism wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:03 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:20 pm I will have to convince the husband somehow. He still won’t agree on where I can hang the dog calender. He said I could put it upstairs, but the only non-dormered wall is right next to our bed and he was *not* having that.
Can you put it inside a closet or cupboard door that you open a lot (and maybe he doesn't)? Of course that might be too symbolic.... ;)
:lol: yeah... no, I just need to find a nail and hang it over our couch in the basement, where we usually watch gaming vids and the husband’s back can be to it.

Good pj thoughts. I agree with camo, sans season 2 :thumb:
Glasses Phil is a must, at some point.