Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
Kimship
glabella

I'll admit that I'm still hoping for a candle haul video, at some point. BUT, I don't think that's what's coming up this time.

ETA: something something, top of page, something.
SquishPhan
capita£ester
Pronouns: she/her

I’m sure that this isn’t an issue between Dan and Phil, but Dan not participating when it comes to spon always makes me roll my eyes.

Regarding Dan’s new vid, I don’t have any clue what it will be about, I just hope it will be up soon.
DryCereal
koi pond

Kimship wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:02 pm I'll admit that I'm still hoping for a candle haul video, at some point. BUT, I don't think that's what's coming up this time.
Candle vid... Haru pillow... vegas vid... s'all I'm saying. I could see the haul being done from the desk during an LS... I don't see us being given a quote-unquote tour of the apartment. much as we'd like one...
IckleMissMayhem's evil fic writing alter ego. :twisted:
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

He recently brought up his therapist in a tweet, right? And mentioned previously that the 3 different therapists he went through were a video-worthy story. So, that's my guess. Therapist Adventures with Dan~*

Also, wb Ickle. ;)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

rizzo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 pm He recently brought up his therapist in a tweet, right? And mentioned previously that the 3 different therapists he went through were a video-worthy story. So, that's my guess. Therapist Adventures with Dan~*

Also, wb Ickle. ;)
He mentioned theapy twice on twitter:
Two mentions in a week when he's gone months without mentioning it (after we knew about it)? I have the feeling it's on his mind these days, either cause he is making a vid about it, or for personal reasons.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:55 am So what do you guys think this upcoming dinof video will actually be?
Something deep and philosophical about self-discovery and acceptance of being a furry.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm
rizzo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 pm He recently brought up his therapist in a tweet, right? And mentioned previously that the 3 different therapists he went through were a video-worthy story. So, that's my guess. Therapist Adventures with Dan~*

Also, wb Ickle. ;)
Two mentions in a week when he's gone months without mentioning it (after we knew about it)? I have the feeling it's on his mind these days, either cause he is making a vid about it, or for personal reasons.
Yep, exactly! He tends to work that way... tweeting about vague things from an upcoming video. So that's my strong, evidence-based assumption.

So, naturally, we'll probably get an ISG. :sideeye:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

rizzo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:33 pm
LtrllySusan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm

Also, wb Ickle. ;)
Yep, exactly! He tends to work that way... tweeting about vague things from an upcoming video. So that's my strong, evidence-based assumption.

So, naturally, we'll probably get an ISG. :sideeye:
Oh, good thinking on the therapy point - I could definitely see those mentions being a lowkey hint toward a video. (Or therapy just being on his mind, because he wants to make a video about it.)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I also low-key expect an aesthetic snowy Instagram from one of them. Probably Phil, because Dan already fulfilled his month's quota with the glittery hoop look.
autumnhearth
senpai

SquishPhan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:06 pm I’m sure that this isn’t an issue between Dan and Phil, but Dan not participating when it comes to spon always makes me roll my eyes.

Regarding Dan’s new vid, I don’t have any clue what it will be about, I just hope it will be up soon.
Just replying here because this is the most recent post on the topic and I haven’t chimed in yet. I basically agree with your sentiment and what I’m about to present is not meant to contradict you or anything anyone else has said, it’s just a funny thing I noticed when I was saving pictures from their instas and this conversation was going on at the same time. Not counting the books, tours or any other events and just focusing solely on the merch, Dan has sponned the shop 7 times on Instagram (since late 2015)...
And Phil has only sponed it there twice....
Now I know that Instagram isn’t even the place to do such things and Phil uses Twitter much more, but I just happened to be on there and it’s easier to view all at once. I just found it interesting, especially from an aesthetic point. Two of those can just be played off as selfies (the plushies and backpacks), the blossom merch I suppose is aesthetic, the holiday stuff is just that and the other is for charity and follows the gold suit pic promoting their single. But leave it Capital£ester to promote Black Friday on Instagram.

Again I know we’re talking about more than merch and this is only one platform, just thought I’d share.

No idea re: Dan’s video, I would only like to point out that he said in his ls that he felt he already covered the topic of online bullying well in ‘The Internet Is Mean’.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i saw a tweet about dan having earrings so i came to see the picture and the reaction and honestly i feel let down that he didnt go for a full young george michael fantasy
where is the glamour
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

jaej wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:31 pm i saw a tweet about dan having earrings so i came to see the picture and the reaction and honestly i feel let down that he didnt go for a full young george michael fantasy
where is the glamour
Ooh, that would be a step even hotter.

Interesting discussion on the pressure he might be putting on himself. For some reason a video on his hair process popped into my mind as an idea, not in any serious way, I'm just tired. Also he's said he does nothing. Still, his old "get ready with me" is old and didn't have curls :P
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i was thinking it would be a therapy vid ever since his LS! also the tweets kinda solidify it for me. though I'm not counting on it too much. maybe he'll save it for mental health week? i wonder if he had school counselors when he was young... i wonder what that'd be like for him. confidentiality is no such thing when you're a kid and talking to a counselor.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Ewok
rainbow nerd

jaej wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:31 pm i saw a tweet about dan having earrings so i came to see the picture and the reaction and honestly i feel let down that he didnt go for a full young george michael fantasy
where is the glamour
oh, please please please. i’d probably actually cry lmao. i’m living for this 80’s fashion revival - he would look so good if he took it just one step further.

dan, god, whoever the hell is out there listening - please!

:please:
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
Shibi
squish

ratlad wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:55 pm i wonder if he had school counselors when he was young... i wonder what that'd be like for him. confidentiality is no such thing when you're a kid and talking to a counselor.
I don't think so based on him saying that he went to GPs several times and didn't think the depression diagnosis was "correct". So I reckon if he didn't see the possibility when actively seeking out a GP he would not have gone to see a school counsellor back then. Though it would be a really interesting video if he did.
George
sad dimple

Dan made it sound like he has a few ideas to choose from in the ls. The ones I know he has in his idea list are therapy and dentist kink videos so maybe one of those. I'm 100% waiting for a furry video at some point tho.

Didn't he also say that he would like to have a tumblr theme that doesn't show the posts he tags (=his own promo). He's really driving towards #sponfree aesthetics.

Also, if he uploads a therapy video at 12am I'll lose my mind. That's 2 am for me and I sure as hell am not gonna miss that. (Don't worry tho, I don't have to get up early. :D )
You should never go to sleep on an argument.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

lmao this is amazing
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:01 pm lmao this is amazing
LMAO god is real and she supports capita£ester
anonymousdork
delia smith

So, no DINOF video tonight? Any day now...
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I'm pretty sure Dan did intend on posting his video over the weekend, and the lack of gaming videos is because of Dan pushing his own dinof deadline back further and further... but ughh Dan I'd be FINE if you just bounce us a gaming video tomorrow and take the rest of the week to work on the main channel.
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 am I'm pretty sure Dan did intend on posting his video over the weekend, and the lack of gaming videos is because of Dan pushing his own dinof deadline back further and further... but ughh Dan I'd be FINE if you just bounce us a gaming video tomorrow and take the rest of the week to work on the main channel.
I thought that he intended to post it yesterday but couldn't get up in time because the video may involve sketches that Phil would have to film but since he was sick a couple days ago it may have pushed his intended deadline back. All this is just speculation, since Dan is not saying anything :sideeye: but hopefully the complete silence from yesterday means that he spent all day finishing/editing it. *fingers crossed*
phillyforgot
butt chair

hello9217 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 am I'm pretty sure Dan did intend on posting his video over the weekend, and the lack of gaming videos is because of Dan pushing his own dinof deadline back further and further... but ughh Dan I'd be FINE if you just bounce us a gaming video tomorrow and take the rest of the week to work on the main channel.
I thought that he intended to post it yesterday but couldn't get up in time because the video may involve sketches that Phil would have to film but since he was sick a couple days ago it may have pushed his intended deadline back. All this is just speculation, since Dan is not saying anything :sideeye: but hopefully the complete silence from yesterday means that he spent all day finishing/editing it. *fingers crossed*
Yeah, I agree with you on that one. I hope I will have a video to watch later today.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

This poor guy.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that poor girl too. There doesn't seem to be any more to it than his reply, at least he hasn't been swamped. Interesting guy, I'm bookmarking his company for future cable-company comparisons.
ijustwantdeath
squish

snokoplasmic wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:44 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:01 pm lmao this is amazing
LMAO god is real and she supports capita£ester
but does anyone actually know if youtubers are allowed to chose which gif displays in the thumbnail?
fun fun fun