Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

ijustwantdeath wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:30 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:44 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:01 pm lmao this is amazing
LMAO god is real and she supports capita£ester
but does anyone actually know if youtubers are allowed to chose which gif displays in the thumbnail?
Unfortunately for capita£ester, they can't. It's auto-generated to chose a random 3 second clip in the first half of the video, as long as the video is over 30 seconds. They just got hilariously lucky lol
dancy
procrastinator

I've seen someone bringing up the fact that those two extra tour dates are being released today (at 4 pm in St. Augustine and Philadelphia, which is 9 pm UK time), which could mean there won't be any video today.
dontpanic
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 pm
dancy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 pm Sorry for double posting but the fact that Dan didn't bother retweeting Phil's tweet about the two extra tour dates and also unretweets Phil's gaming video tweets is hilarious to me. I think he just genuinely is obsessed with aesthetics and the way his account looks and doesn't want any spons there (maybe out of shame as well). I wouldn't be surprised if he even decided to private the Interactive Introverts trailer after the tour has ended.
Yup I think that's a fair prediction. I think it really is the aesthetic of it, I think Dan doesn't like his channel having too many retweets/too much spon/promo.
We all saw what happened when Dan tweeted too many gamingmas videos and the guy from Fall Out Boy unfollowed him... maybe he's scared too many #spon tweets will lead to Nick Jonas unfollowing him next.

We can't have that, my OTP is forever and always #dick
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

rizzo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:54 pm I also low-key expect an aesthetic snowy Instagram from one of them. Probably Phil, because Dan already fulfilled his month's quota with the glittery hoop look.
obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm
laur
smol bean
Pronouns: She/Her

It looks like there is another balcony above the one we know about. Flat theorists-- where y'all at? lol
Personal space? Nonexistent.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Well at least we have an estimated date now
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ah, Dan's turn to be the naughty one today. Phil's looking so pretty in that coat. Their balcony looks good too. Funny to compare this to the old Christmas Adventure video and Dan being all cute and fluffy in his hat.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm
Super cute. :love1:
obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:18 pm Well at least we have an estimated date now
Hopefully we'll get a gaming vid before then.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

this is literally the cutest shit ever. :love2: like I don't even care if Dan uploads now, I'm satisfied.

I mean : phil looking all cute taking his selfie in his warm coat and glasses. dan's soft voice. their balcony looking so nice with all those plants. the view inside their cosy apartment. phil getting dan back. dan's delighted laugh and little scream at the end.
like just the entire concept of the two of them being out in their balcony together purely to enjoy the snow and having a freaking snowball fight ?? they are so happy and silly together ???
what kind of fanfic crap is this :happytears:

lmao I'm sorry for typing so many sappy words and being so demon but this they are so adorable it made me tear eyed

edit: ok they started making a snowman that's it I'm out
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I spy with my little eye... coloured dining chairs and a cute balcony upstairs. Wonder if that's theirs? Would be weird if your upstairs neighbours had a tiny balcony overlooking yours.

Also, for the fact that Dan likes to make fun of "film makers" who use letterbox format and need everything to have artistic value, taking 1.5 weeks to produce a 10 minute video is pretty ironic. I don't think it's gonna be a "filler" or ISG style video, but I also hope that it's not another Memeing of Life that he overthinks but that kinda didn't make sense and wasn't fun to watch.
autumnhearth
senpai

A+ content! Now if Phil just posts an actual snowy selfie I will be appeased for the day. That is a nice coat on him, lovely bluish black coloring. Nice to see the outdoor plants are surviving... somehow. It’s so rainy here, I’m a tad jealous.
malday
emo goose

Yeah, this is cute and all that, but this whole thing could be just a bribe for no video tonight.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:22 pm this is literally the cutest shit ever. :love2: like I don't even care if Dan uploads now, I'm satisfied.

I mean : phil looking all cute taking his selfie in his warm coat and glasses. dan's soft voice. their balcony looking so nice with all those plants. the view inside their cosy apartment. phil getting dan back. dan's delighted laugh and little scream at the end.
like just the entire concept of the two of them being out in their balcony together purely to enjoy the snow and having a freaking snowball fight ?? they are so happy and silly together ???
what kind of fanfic crap is this :happytears:

lmao I'm sorry for typing so many sappy words and being so demon but this they are so adorable it made me tear eyed

edit: ok they started making a snowman that's it I'm out
I'm basically just gonna co-sign all of this because you have voiced exactly how I am feeling, right down to the snowman part.
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm A+ content! Now if Phil just posts an actual snowy selfie I will be appeased for the day. That is a nice coat on him, lovely bluish black coloring. Nice to see the outdoor plants are surviving... somehow. It’s so rainy here, I’m a tad jealous.
Honestly Dan you little shit. We ask you for good pictures of Phil and you post a video of yourself actively keeping Phil from taking good pictures of himself?!? I will fite you, Howell.
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:22 pm edit: ok they started making a snowman that's it I'm out
ahhhhhhh that's me that's my dan tweet :philtrash:

this snow has been hell i'm glad they found some joy in it!!
Image Image
SquishPhan
capita£ester

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oh this is cute too, someone un-slowmo'd it.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Thank GOD Phil posted his selfie. It would have been a crime not to (also end me, he's so lovely)

Edit: That un-slowmo one killed me. Seriously can they stop I'm trying to write an essay lmao
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

SquishPhan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:36 pm
I'm SCREECHING. HE LOOKS SO GOOD!! WTF!!!

I want to make this the wallpaper on my work computer. I want to make this the wallpaper in my living room.

JFC, Philip.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

malday wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:34 pm Yeah, this is cute and all that, but this whole thing could be just a bribe for no video tonight.
Look. I will take a glimpse into their daily life of cuteness in the absence of a video any day. Call it a bribe, call it them throwing us a bone, call it giving the people what they want - it gives me a chance to take a moment out of a hectic, kinda crappy work day and smile at their stupidcute antics, so I am satisfied as fuck.
Shibi
squish

That little video is such a blessing, makes be ridiculously happy! Love seeing their childish (domestic) sides - I'm content for the day now <3
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 pm
malday wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:34 pm Yeah, this is cute and all that, but this whole thing could be just a bribe for no video tonight.
Look. I will take a glimpse into their daily life of cuteness in the absence of a video any day. Call it a bribe, call it them throwing us a bone, call it giving the people what they want - it gives me a chance to take a moment out of a hectic, kinda crappy work day and smile at their stupidcute antics, so I am satisfied as fuck.
I prefer video over cute selfies. I don't think I fit into that category of fan that gets excited over photos/clips like this - sure, it's fun to look at for a moment, but I won't be looking at it again. Just in terms of entertainment value, I'll take a 10+ min video over tweets.
I'd like to get video content and not have it replaced by domesticity or personal development or pretty boys in sparkly jackets. It's great that some (most?) of you get a kick out of stuff like this and it satisfies your D&P needs for a while, sadly doesn't do the trick for me :shrug:

(Disclaimer: I know they're busy and tweets are easy content replacement. But I as a "video content fan" feel a bit left out here.)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:01 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 pm
I prefer video over cute selfies. I don't think I fit into that category of fan that gets excited over photos/clips like this - sure, it's fun to look at for a moment, but I won't be looking at it again. Just in terms of entertainment value, I'll take a 10+ min video over tweets.
I'd like to get video content and not have it replaced by domesticity or personal development or pretty boys in sparkly jackets. It's great that some (most?) of you get a kick out of stuff like this and it satisfies your D&P needs for a while, sadly doesn't do the trick for me :shrug:

(Disclaimer: I know they're busy and tweets are easy content replacement. But I as a "video content fan" feel a bit left out here.)
I think looking at it like they decided to post this instead of a video isn't quite accurate. If there isn't going to be a video today, then there wouldn't be a video with or without them deciding to post this. It's not a scenario where they have time to make a tweet or they have time to make a video and they can only pick one. If there's no video today, there'd have been no video with or without this tweet. So yeah - I'm definitely in favor of people getting to enjoy the tweet without it immediately being related to whether or not they'll post a video or judged as somehow meaning less because they posted it on a day they're not posting a video.
hello9217
flower crown

Adorable. Best thing to see when I got out of lecture :love1: :love1: Also that Phil selfie is just so good. I'm so happy that Phil is starting to have a nice natural smile in his selfies now :D A bit of a weird thing to notice but my first thought when I saw it was why does his jaw look so much more square?

I'm definitely in the group that will take this over video. Like obviously video+this would be so good but this is fine too. I think even if there was no video today deppy would have still posted photos in the snow so I don't think this video was made just to provide us with cute domestic content just like how I don't think last weeks creep photos were posted just to post something.

Ideal rest of week for me would be Phil ls tomorrow, gaming Friday, and dinof Sat/Sun
scientia
phabergé

Are those plants fake or are these guys actually keeping their exterior decor alive?