Dan & Phil Part 66: Rainbow Nerds

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:54 pm (Somewhat off topic)
I had a lazy day and been watching Queer Eye. Didn't Dan say he's only 3 episodes in? Cause oh boy, he's in for something watching the fourth one then. It's about a closeted gay guy who wants to be more open and come out to his step mom. Me right now -> :happytears:

(Somewhat on topic)
I am also hoping for a new gaming video today. Has it been that long since the last Sims already?
I don’t think he specified how many he had got through. He was describing how he didn’t think he would cry in the second or the third, but he just kept on going and cried each time. I posted that I had only watched three, about to watch the fourth! Good to know he made the best friend thing up :lol:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i think Dan's new main channel vid is gonna be an important topic by the way he talked about a new vid in his ls.... i forget exactly what he said, but just by his tone i kinda got the vibe.
(lol watch it be something about an embarrassing moment, i may have just jinxed it)
i think im gonna start watching queereye today... idk if I'll cry bc it takes a lot for that to happen.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kavat
pastel persona

Seems like a lot of YouTubers are gong to the Brits today (Evan, Luke Cutforth, Louise, Helen Anderson and a few more). Do you guys think there is any chance of deppy showing up? I wouldn't mind seeing some nice suits!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 pm i think Dan's new main channel vid is gonna be an important topic by the way he talked about a new vid in his ls.... i forget exactly what he said, but just by his tone i kinda got the vibe.
(lol watch it be something about an embarrassing moment, i may have just jinxed it)
i think im gonna start watching queereye today... idk if I'll cry bc it takes a lot for that to happen.
He said something about it being a normal "Dan" video, right? Which I remember wanting to laugh at because I think in Dan's mind he does 'normal Dan' videos way more often than he actually in reality does. In 2017 on dinof we had: two ISG videos, two collabs, one quiz video, one dna results video, one tour spon video, the name change video... and then the videos that imo he'd deem as dinof videos: memes, piano teacher, bahamas, memeing of life, uni video, and depression video. Though, in retrospect, maybe he counts ISG as normal Dan videos too. Which helps his case a bit, but still means it was almost an even split between videos Dan considers representative of him/his channel, and videos that were filler, spon, or collabs.

To be clear, I don't have anything against him doing filler videos (which I'd consider the DNA and Buzzfeed ones) or collabs, I just think it's funny that Dan has this idea in his mind of his channel as being something that the past 2-3 years have not actually reflected it being.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

kavat wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:53 pm Seems like a lot of YouTubers are gong to the Brits today (Evan, Luke Cutforth, Louise, Helen Anderson and a few more). Do you guys think there is any chance of deppy showing up? I wouldn't mind seeing some nice suits!
It might depend on how Dan wants to celebrate his recently confirmed obsession with award shows :mrgreen: Live in fashionable suits or at home with snacks in hand. I predict a victory for the celebration at a distance, but I hope to be wrong.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm
ratlad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 pm i think Dan's new main channel vid is gonna be an important topic by the way he talked about a new vid in his ls.... i forget exactly what he said, but just by his tone i kinda got the vibe.
He said something about it being a normal "Dan" video, right? Which I remember wanting to laugh at because I think in Dan's mind he does 'normal Dan' videos way more often than he actually in reality does. In 2017 on dinof we had: two ISG videos, two collabs, one quiz video, one dna results video, one tour spon video, the name change video... and then the videos that imo he'd deem as dinof videos: memes, piano teacher, bahamas, memeing of life, uni video, and depression video. Though, in retrospect, maybe he counts ISG as normal Dan videos too. Which helps his case a bit, but still means it was almost an even split between videos Dan considers representative of him/his channel, and videos that were filler, spon, or collabs.

To be clear, I don't have anything against him doing filler videos (which I'd consider the DNA and Buzzfeed ones) or collabs, I just think it's funny that Dan has this idea in his mind of his channel as being something that the past 2-3 years have not actually reflected it being.
Didn’t he also say that he had two video ideas and would go with whichever one was more ready? I wouldn’t get yourself psyched up ratlad. Looking forward to whatever he makes regardless :)
malday
emo goose

thewaytobehappy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 am
Nah, he didn't bother me with the Phan denial. That was something He handled poorly but was understandable.
To name an example: during a joint ls fans expressed annoyance when he kept talking over Phil. Dan responds by whining and sticking out his tongue. This was last year.

Or the trainwreck that was "the memeing of life" that after a bizarre poll was quickly shoved aside when he realized people didn't like it.

I'm aware Dan is very persona heavy, but I think it's time then to let it grow up, without the hoopla of his name change. Phil has being doing that slowly and it worked for him.
The conversation moved on but i just want to say, I think quite few times Dan showed he is self-aware (after the memeing of life he talked about sounding "fake-deep" in a liveshow), and that self-awareness is a trait of maturity, imo.
Youtube is a highly visual industry with a very young audience that focuses a lot on image, being concerned with aestetics and image doesn't mean he's shallow in reality.

There's hardly any youtubers who don't tailor their behavior or opinions to stay appealing to their young demographic, and that can make them seem immature. But unlike other youtubers Dan and Phil are pretty humble and self-aware and don't boast or think they are more than entertainers.
The persona(s) Dan (and Phil) put forward can be annoying and over the top at times but they are entertaining their audience and that's probably all that matters in their job.
honeybee
squish

I think compared to a lot of people, Dan is quite mature in general, though some criticisms are valid.

I don't know if this is just how I interpret things, but I sense a self-awareness when Dan talks about "deeper" things. He has said multiple times that he doesn't like to take himself too seriously, but at the same time likes to talk about serious topics. It's something which I find myself doing a lot so I sort of understand the contradictory nature of it. I often have two mental streams going at the same time, in a way- one very serious and one more light-hearted. It's part of what I find interesting about him, personally.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Just a thing about Hamilton. I went in without listening to the music and I had a great time. All I had seen were clips of what was on TV shows.

When London was announced it was about the time of the soundtrack. Hamilton had been a phenomenon for so long that it didn't seem a big deal to wait one more year to watch the show or listen to the music.

I'm also very much about the combination of story, visuals and song. I don't think I personally would have got the full impact if I knew what was coming from the soundtrack.
Also for the first half of the first song all I could notice was that it was a different voice to the soundtrack which was really distracting. I'm with Dan on this one. Not to mention they actually did tweak the show slightly for the UK audience.

I also think he was joking with people about it.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Yea honeybee i get the same feeling about the mental streams, and how he seems to be self-aware that him trying to talk about "deeper" things is both something he's drawn to but also not something he wants to pursue to seriously.
So it's doubly a missed opportunity that he very rarely, if ever, shows the back of his tongue on issues. Not the goal of the lives hows i guess, nor something that most people might appreciate ... but i kind of would hope that he was less "mature" in this sense. I wish he would throw caution into the wind and just talk for the smaller group of people that would just like to know more of the real him, good and bad.
It's really regrettable that the channels he uses as an online entertainer don't really lend themselves well to conversing more authentically. What questions and remarks is he going to read on younow or on twitter or youtube? He's only got seconds to read it all. Rarely will people put the effort into typing something that's more than a talking point or a quick show of affection. You kind of know the odds that he'll read it let alone talk about it are really small, so are you going to waste alll that energy on writing things that will just get drowned out? Also many people kind of comment on tweet to him with their own audience in mind, rather than really trying to communicate to him. On top of that, all the technical restrictions/steering (only 280 char, popular comments being made more visible ) by the platforms themselves help kill off questions that would force him to act outside his role.
dancy
procrastinator

Loved Dan's live show! I don't particularly care for him talking about music and TV shows and whatnot but I was happy to see his face :D I was kinda surprised to hear that he hasn't started working on a DINOF video yet but I don't mind. I suppose he'll upload one next week or maybe at the end of this week. I'm hoping for a gaming video but Dan hasn't really given us any hints and I think it's too early for the Sims.

He also said that they're gonna add more dates to the American leg of the tour and I don't understand why and don't think it's a wise decision. They're already doing 33 shows in America over the course of only 43 days. He mentioned Philadelphia (when they're already doing two shows in Pennsylvania) and St. Augustine (which would make it the fourth show in Florida). I get that American states are big and all that but all of the these shows are selling kinda average (except for Reading, PA, which is sold out), so why add even more shows there? I think it would be more appreciated if they added shows to states where there aren't any yet, though I understand that would be difficult as there aren't always venues available, they only have a limited amount of time and it would add to travel costs. Still, I think them adding those dates in PA and FL is unnecessary and won't be worth the added time, effort or money :shrug:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I don't think I would know how to process a doctor telling me I don't cry enough lol, but hey, that sounds like a wholesome evening.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 pm I don't think I would know how to process a doctor telling me I don't cry enough lol, but hey, that sounds like a wholesome evening.
I havnt been get notifications for any of phils tweets for the past week. I don’t know what is going on because I’m getting everyone else’s. Also..... does this mean no video tonight and it will be tomorrow Instead of phil liveshow.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 pm I don't think I would know how to process a doctor telling me I don't cry enough lol, but hey, that sounds like a wholesome evening.
(Old news, Phil. Old news.)

When I got the notif for this, it cut off at "watching..." and as I opened the tweet, I was thinking Please say Queer Eye, please say Queer Eye, please say Queer Eye....

Talk about a fall from high expectations. Sigh.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I feel like he's been going to(or, at least, talking about) the optician quite often lately, is it just me?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

snokoplasmic wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 pm
I feel like he's been going to(or, at least, talking about) the optician quite often lately, is it just me?
He's been having issues with his contact lens not working as well so I'm guessing that's mainly why, and I also have a strange feeling he's looking into laser eye surgery, but he's always said he's worried he'd be apart of the 4% who it doesn't work on but idk
Amiaw
interactive introvert

I think this is his third mention of it this year. I hope it’s because he is being typical phil and just recycling tweets/topics but he did say his eyes have been giving him problems so maybe he’s been having a hard time lately
scientia
phabergé

Amiaw wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:20 pm
I think this is his third mention of it this year. I hope it’s because he is being typical phil and just recycling tweets/topics but he did say his eyes have been giving him problems so maybe he’s been having a hard time lately
I also imagine he’s trying to get it sorted before the tour - dealing with eye stuff while abroad is a pain for sure
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:28 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Didn’t he also say that he had two video ideas and would go with whichever one was more ready? I wouldn’t get yourself psyched up ratlad. Looking forward to whatever he makes regardless :)
ooh, when he said "normal" main channel vid i thought he was saying basically all his vids are to him, considered "normal". i have a blurry memory, but I'll be happy with whatever he gives us. he is very self-critical, far too much! he needs to know that we love and support him no matter the content, it doesn't have to be past his perfectionist standards. at that point he probably just ends up beating himself up.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Sorry I'm late on this. Def not directing this at anyone specifically or trying to restart any arguments, but the conversation around Dan's flaws has me thinking...
I wonder why it is that so much of this type of criticism in the phandom is directed at Dan and almost none towards Phil? I feel like the harshest criticism Phil gets is that he's too persona-heavy and closed off, but Dan gets dinged for any little wayward comment he makes in a ls. I feel like obviously part of it is because Dan is much more open about his opinions than Phil, but it still seems almost like people are looking specifically for flaws of Dan's to point out, some things just seem so vague and/or ignignificant. Idk.

For example, we all joke about Phil being Capita£ester, but what if it were Dan that was always pushing the #spon? With the way people come at him for much less, i have a feeling it would be less of an endearing joke and more of a "he's just using us for money" or something along those lines.
And I'm not saying AT ALL that i think people should be more critical of Phil, just less towards Dan, ya know?
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
scientia
phabergé

KatjaZoe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 pm Sorry I'm late on this. Def not directing this at anyone specifically or trying to restart any arguments, but the conversation around Dan's flaws has me thinking...
I wonder why it is that so much of this type of criticism in the phandom is directed at Dan and almost none towards Phil? I feel like the harshest criticism Phil gets is that he's too persona-heavy and closed off, but Dan gets dinged for any little wayward comment he makes in a ls. I feel like obviously part of it is because Dan is much more open about his opinions than Phil, but it still seems almost like people are looking specifically for flaws of Dan's to point out, some things just seem so vague and/or ignignificant. Idk.

For example, we all joke about Phil being Capita£ester, but what if it were Dan that was always pushing the #spon? With the way people come at him for much less, i have a feeling it would be less of an endearing joke and more of a "he's just using us for money" or something along those lines.
And I'm not saying AT ALL that i think people should be more critical of Phil, just less towards Dan, ya know?
I really do believe that if Phil openly addressed the same issues in the same manner as Dan, people would probably be a bit more critical of Phil too. For me personally Dan can come off as condescending at times (certainly not all the time), and I’m more likely to feel like criticizing anyone who comes across that way. Or on the other hand, Phil’s delivery is often vague/non confrontational enough that it’s negligible. I think for some people Phil could essentially say the exact same thing as Dan, but the delivery might be different.

I do however, see a lot of people - and especially more lately - criticizing Phil for not addressing certain things/not being as open. From what I can see they’re both getting criticized.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

@KatjaZoe Yes sometimes I've got the impression different scales are used for both of them. There's always been a small group that views Dan as an "intruder" i guess, or a bad influence on Phil. But idk if that's driving it.
In general I just think it's what you've said he's more open about his opinions and opinions invite criticism. Dan gets under people's skin more. In a good way if you like him, or by annoying you if your personality clashes. I personally feel you kind of have to split hairs to find a lot wrong with him but that won't stop the people who like to be very critical of him. A lot of people i think misread his often ironic or sarcastic take on things as a "negative attitude", reading things into his words and behavior that I think are just not what he intends. Communication failures happen all the time, you see them everywhere if you just look at your daily life. In a virtual environment I think it's even easier to have that happen. And how you judge someone's attitude will always be subjective. What may be condescending to one person isn't to another. What may come across as a rather flat and persona heavy attitude might be charming and delightful to someone else so... basically i feel it's just all of us projecting our own expectations on how and what people should say on them? :shrug: When i feel the critcism is really unfair, I like to respond because i like to equalize the scales some.

By contrast what would you even criticize Phil on? He like dogs, pancakes and houseplants. He's got a friendly attitude (which is just his genuine personality) and is more measured and in what he says in general. I keep finding it hard to believe that he's really that one-sidedly positive and i have this sneaky suspicion Phil and Dan in private are much more alike when it comes to some of the flaws that often get ascribed to Dan. To an extent, Phil can hide behind Dan's shoulders on some issues that draw criticism. Arguably the reverse is true about Dan when he can surf on the positive feelings people have for Phil.
I think Phil mostly just makes different tactical choices when it comes to his attitudes towards his audience and i can respect that. No doubt some of it is also a reflection of how they differ as people. Personally this makes me feel more drawn to Dan simply because he shares more and there's little else than the person, of flesh and blood, to relate within a virtual relationship between youtuber-audience. I feel he is more of a 'real' person in that you don't only see his qualities but also some of his vices. I both think they are kind and funny people though, and it seems odd to me to really like one of them and dislike the other. At least they seem to like each other a lot :P
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I definitely don't think it's true "almost none" of the phandoms criticism is saved for Phil.

I find he usually he gets criticism whenever Dan's getting praise. For example he got quite a bit of critical feedback recently because he is not publicly championing a cause and Dan has started doing events for cyberbullying and mental health awareness. And whenever Dan gives an opinion that fans approve of it's always only a matter of time before people start on how Phil should be giving these opinions as well.
It is true Phil doesn't give the fans a lot to go on by never really sharing any opinion that could be remotely controversial but he doesn't even have to do anything to get criticized because whatever Dan does people will always compare it to what Phil is not doing.
tyhane
delia smith

scientia wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:39 pm I really do believe that if Phil openly addressed the same issues in the same manner as Dan, people would probably be a bit more critical of Phil too. For me personally Dan can come off as condescending at times (certainly not all the time), and I’m more likely to feel like criticizing anyone who comes across that way. Or on the other hand, Phil’s delivery is often vague/non confrontational enough that it’s negligible. I think for some people Phil could essentially say the exact same thing as Dan, but the delivery might be different.
Sums up my feelings exactly. The thing with Dan is, you can't have someone with a snarky/edgy/sarcastic personality and not ruffle some feathers sometimes. That's the sort of trade-off. There's been times where I've been genuinely annoyed at things Dan's said. (It actually happens pretty often, which is why his liveshows are probably my least favorite of all deppy content.) Same goes for Phil, sure, but it's much less frequent. And I don't think it has any deeper meaning besides the fact that Phil is just more... palatable? personality-wise for me. That's definitely not the right word but I can't think of anything else. I also see a fair share of Phil criticism, so idk. My "view" of the phandom is limited to here and the relatively small number of people I follow, though.
fancybum
senpai

:cactus: Phil and Misc Watch 2018 :cinnamon:
my new fave spot for having an existential crisis (Feb 20, 2018)

Prompted Phil Mention
18:13 (chat) I’m so hyped to meet you and Phil this year
“Look forward to that”

21:29 (chat) Would you do another Dan and Phil tour?
“I dunno. We thought that tatinof would be the last Dan and Phil tour, but then we felt bad that there were lots of international places that had a lot of subscribers that we didn’t go to, so after this, I dunno. If you wanna come bond with us in real life- I mean Phil’s probably just gonna trip over something and die so here’s your chance.”

21:55 “We will film the show at the end, probably, for posterity”
“We’re not gonna do a whole documentary thing like with tatinof, we’ll probably just share more of it live as it happens”

57:20 (chat) Phil’s birthday cake, what happened
“We ate it, it was fine, there was absolutely nothing weird about it”
Unprompted Phil Mention
:alienmpreg:
Neutral Phil Mention
15:50 (chat) What’d you get up to in Jan?
“The event of the whole month was Phil’s birthday, which literally never stopped. Jesus Christ, this guy, he strung out his birthday for like two weeks. He said ‘I’m gonna separate everyone I know into different groups - like this friend, this friend, my parents, my brother, these people that we work with - and we will have a birthday party with all of them’. By the end I was like, ‘I’m ready for Phil to die a natural death because I’m sure we’ve had about 80 years worth of birthdays right now’”

16:40 “I did not leave the ditty meme in 2017 and I iced ‘Philussy’ onto his birthday cake, which was hilarious, and he had to explain that to his mum, which was his responsibility, but I don’t care.”

17:12 “We spent like a week just finishing this cake, and it was good. I’m pretty sure for the last 3 days we shouldn’t have been eating that cake but [yolo]”

18:20 (chat) TBC dates
“Okay, so, the Dan and Phil 2018 World Tour, going to basically most of the countrties in the world, there’s some dates that aren’t on sale yet, the TBC dates”
19:03 “Basically we’re just waiting for every one of the people to commit and sign on the dotted line so they’re definitely happening and then we’ll put them all out at once, so don’t worry, we’re ready, just waiting for some people and it’s all good.”

19:20 (chat) Can you tell us more about the tour yet?
19:27 “Tell you what I should do, I should instagram some of the drafts for the stage that we’re gonna be performing on, and oh my god it is gonna look insane. It’s like something from the Hunger Games meets a game show and it’s all made out of neon. It’s fricking the coolest looking thing you’ve ever seen in your entire life. It’s so good, so inspired, and we were talking about maybe interesting ways that we can get people involved in the show beforehand that’ll be cool…

But the show- it’s about me and Phil being live on a stage in front of you guys, and we’ve got this whole really funny show where we talk about different things”
“Basically, every single show is gonna be different, because what we’re gonna be doing in each, we’re gonna have this skeleton of this show that asks big questions about ‘who are Dan and Phil, who are their audience, what’s their relationship, what does it mean to give the people what they want, what is the relationship between a performer and the audience, what would happen if you just gave people total control’ and yes, let’s just say that what one person might experience at one show will be totally different to another, everyone will feel like we were connected, we went through the highs and the lows, we laughed, we cried, we felt stressed, we felt exposed, probably a lot of people stood up and screamed ‘cause they’re very extroverted and loud, but I guess that’s the whole point of the name of the tour.”
-terrified. it’s a murder tour. they’re going to hunt down every single fan that has ever invaded their privacy in any way (and you know Phil has all the receipts) and murder them on stage while bantering. front row is the splash zone.

21:19 “danandphiltour.com”

26:15 “As part of Phil’s birthday, we went to go see Hamilton”
“Hamilton is incredible, that totally lived up to the hype”

37:02 “If you have not seen the last couple videos on danandphilgames, and you’re feeling bored and you just want something that’s like laugh-a-minute and you’ll just slap yourself in the forehead, go watch them”
38:07 “If you are not watching the Sims series, it’s about to start getting… dramatic”
-“dramatic” = gay :ghostclaps:

40:47 “Me and Phil, we kinda make a video playing a game like once or something, ‘cause we just want it to be a 15 minute funny video, so if we sat down to play Fortnite and then it’s like ‘Dan and Phil did a duo and they came 36th’, I mean, that’d be shit, my god, me and Phil - Phil and I, whatever - doing duos on Fortnite, it tests the limits of our friendship.”

54:55 (chat) Why are you getting rid of the blossom stuff?
“Oh, there’s a sale on danandphilshop. Yeah, we’re running low on the stock of the blossom things, so Phil, I’m sorry, he decided we should do a sale” (code SALESALESALE for 20% off)
-hm didn’t explain why tho hmm

55:52 “So that’s what I’ve been up to in Jan and Feb. Uploading a meme video, Phil’s birthday which literally never ended, a crazy event with Prince William of England, and just me thinking about life and what I wanna be, and who I wanna be, and why, and what I wanna do. And with these intentions locked in my mind to go ahead and make some fun YT content for people on the internet.”
Miscellaneous
3:25 “But the thing is, I really wanted to come back and do another liveshow because it’s very important for me to feel connected to you lot and to feel intimate. The problem was when I was doing it every week on a Tuesday, what would happen if I was having an absolute crisis on that day and I was like ‘I have nothing to say, what is life??’ whereas now I’m like ‘I miss you, let’s go through this’ ”
-good for you, bad for me, no points awarded
4:50 (chat) Please do these more often
“I mean, I don’t intend to not do these for like a month, like I just did, it’s just I needed to chill, you know what I mean?”
-I love words I know I’ll be able to hold against somebody in the near future, so handy for planning upcoming grudges

3:58 (chat) How do I deal with anon hate?
“Don’t have anon on. What year is it? It’s 2018, don’t have a frickin ask.fm or tumblr inbox with anonymity. Nobody needs anonymity, it does nothing other than breed toxicity.”

5:40 “I love the Olympics. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve never really been into “sport” - and that’s like team sport - I don’t know why, it’s just my family never expressed any interest in following any sports, so I never played any, so I was never good at any. I went to school, didn’t want to play it, not into it, and it’s like, I’ve since got into motorsport/Formula 1 in a big way like a couple years ago, but there’s something about the Olympics, I just love it.”
-my family is big into sports and idgaf despite years of their best efforts. if anything, I would blame (if there needs to be “blame” for a lack of subjective interest in a thing?) the school system and the enduring horror of forced competitive group physical activity. no thanks, traumatized and resentful for life, good job “educators”

7:22 (chat) earring update
7:33 “part of me procrastinating from making my next YT video was me [online shopping for All The Things including earrings]”
8:28 “Got a weighted blanket so I can roleplay my favourite anime characters hugging me”
-wow upgrading :haru: so he can be the huggee instead of the hugger. who am i kidding, he's having an imaginary anime threesome

50:52 (chat) I have a weighted blanket
“I’ve heard that it really helps people that are anxious, or people that are autistic, to help them sleep calmly”

8:42 (chat) when is your next YT video?
“I’m gonna make it this week, don’t worry”
“I have a couple ideas and I’m gonna decide which of them is more fully formed tomorrow, I think”

9:45 “I’ve been so hiding-from-the-world-panicking that I changed my tumblr theme”

12:35 “Talking about great music: I want to formally apologize to the world for how much I slept on Brockhampton in 2017, ‘cause that was just disgusting and disappointing.”

15:17 (chat) Do you have a fave constellation?
15:29 “Who do you think has the time to have a favourite constellation? Oh my god, do you think I’m just some person from a John Green book that lies in a field with some terminally ill friend looking up at constellations and talking about how they remind me of philosophers or something? ‘Cause that ain’t me, I don’t know.”
-wait what. has anyone ever seen John Green and Nicholas Sparks in the same room or :illuminati:

22:55 (chat) Have you seen CMBYN?
“Not yet.” [still trying to watch all the Oscar movies]
23:10 “3 Billboards is probably the best one I’ve seen so far”
-this is a Bad and Wrong Opinion that I am Judging Hard, who wants to Fight

23:15 “Shape of Water, I loved”
23:45 “Black Panther though, seriously, what the hell, it was so good”

31:00 “Every single episode [of Queer Eye] emotionally devastates you”
32:35 “So if you want to watch something that’s really easy to watch and fun, but will completely fuck you up emotionally, watch Queer Eye on netflix”

41:50 - 49:55 Stop Speak Support stuff

50:03 (chat) will you do more classic Dan videos?
“All my videos are gonna be classic Dan videos, there’s no plan to change anything up, because I feel that what I want my YT channel to be is me kind of intimately connecting with people via the internet and I feel like me making it all myself - and it looking a bit shit - is a good part of that. That’s not to say I wouldn’t love to do some things that are bigger and better, but yeah, I mean my next video is gonna be a good old regular video of some kind.”

57:25 (chat) You’re so amazing, upload more vids
“God, the eternal questioner of life. ‘Please do more’, okay, I’ll try. I’ve had my little New Year period, and now it’s time to just give you some content to help you feel content. Well, I appreciate that, thank you for watching.”
:whiskers: Phinal Tally: said ‘Phil’ 21 times :whiskers:
21/58.5 mins = 0.35 per min

malday wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:44 am Talking about the tour he said:

@20:22 "We're gonna have this skeleton of this show that asks big questions about 'who are Dan and Phil? who are their audience? what's their relationship? what does it mean to give the people what they want, what is the relationship between a performer and their audience? what would happen if you just gave people total control'."

He keeps using that phrase and while i'm sure they would't really give the audience complete control, i can't help wondering how far they are willing to take this and how they will set boundaries because we can all imagine how it will go if the phandom is given free rein.
He also said 'get involved beforehand ' so I think it'll just be like collecting prompts (for.. whatever.. they're doing) or suggestions(?) before the show, and filtering out the more terrible things we all know they'd get because people are, on the whole, garbage monsters who can't be trusted.
coffeepenguin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 am I really hope that's just his usual way of over-hyping things and it's not the central theme of the show. Or if it is, they'll handle it well.
Yeah, they're too control-freakish to not be .. in control lmao. Or to keep the element of surprise, without anything offensive or line-crossing, their tour crew/staff will filter the fan-submitted stuff for them before the shows, so everything is still a surprise, just not a horrible one. Because the alternative.. I mean.. they're not that stupid.. right..?
coffeepenguin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:59 amI mean, I believe in them and stuff, but TATINOF was already somewhat about that and I will forever judge them for the fanfiction section whatever their intention was.
(ง'̀-'́)ง
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me