Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

dailybooth wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:15 am Interesting that Phil isn't wearing glasses in the fan picture, as we've been seeing him only in glasses for like a week. I wonder if he got the okay to start wearing contacts again (maybe not all the time, but periodically)? I'm truly invested in the story of Phil's eye health after him tweeting and talking about the optometrist so much!
also I maybe just selfishly want him to wear glasses all the time because I love glasses!Phil :philtrash:
autumnhearth wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:54 am I thought he said he only had to wear glasses one day a week, or did I interpret that wrong? It bummed me out to hear that he doesn’t like the feel on glasses on his face. I think he needs something lightweight and more comfortable. My husband loves his latest pair of glasses.
I wonder if he's wearing glasses more now to kind of... rest his eyes before the tour? Does that sound silly? But like, to try and keep his eyes as moisturized as possible knowing that he'll (I assume, at least) want to be in contacts most days during the tour.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:16 am I wonder if he's wearing glasses more now to kind of... rest his eyes before the tour? Does that sound silly? But like, to try and keep his eyes as moisturized as possible knowing that he'll (I assume, at least) want to be in contacts most days during the tour.
That's what I figured as well. I think it makes sense for sure. He seems to prefer his contacts for most outings / public appearances, and we know he's been having trouble with his eyes lately, so it makes sense that he would rest them now.

This is offtopic, but I noticed after the time change last night that the time on here is an hour early now, since I'm guessing the time change hasn't taken effect on the site. This isn't a huge deal, but just wondering if this will be fixed, or if we need to go into our settings and change it manually somehow.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

KatjaZoe wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:36 am
ratlad wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:57 pm off-brand 75¢ 2L diet coke is better than real diet coke
we reject the wealthy lifestyle on this island
also about the phil with fans pic: apparently he was eating at a restaurant (with family i presume??)
So he was at like a restaurant that happened to be in a hotel then? I was confused why he would be at a hotel and not staying with his fam.
And is this confirmation that Dan did not join him on the trip up north? Assuming the fans would have wanted a pic w both of them if they were both there.

Also diet coke is trash and i will judge dan if he's still isnt drinking it on the reg like he was during gamingmas. :yuck:
yeah they probably just went to a fancy hotel restaurant! I don't think he stayed in a hotel at all because.. logic..
i think some people are upset Dan didn't join him, which makes me sad for those people because I don't like when other's are sad!! surprisingly, I'm not even sad about it.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
kavat
pastel persona

I would have been surprised if dan went to iom tbh. He probably went to see his own family on mother's day. I don't buy the argument that it's likely because Cornelia went, because not only is her family in a different country but Swedish mother's day is in May. It's just a regular weekend for her (or a mother in law day, I guess) so she might as well join.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Why would people be sad Dan didn't go up north with Phil? Even if they were together, spending some time alone with your family away from your partner is normal. Maybe he did want to go see his own mum yesterday so it wouldn't have made sense to go up north with Phil for what, two days, and fly back again right away to go see his mum. (Also it's honestly wild to me that mother's day is on different days depending on the country... we already had it in February and I'm always so confused when the UK one happens. :lol:)

I finally got around to watching the new gaming video and I really liked it. Dan didn't seem off to me at all, he was his usual self and I loved it. Lots of good bants, that hat is amazing, a good video. (I really wanna see more Fortnite though, I want to see them engage with the other players more and stop hiding away hoarding supplies.)
hello9217
flower crown

Yeah I think with tour on the horizon it would make even more since for Dan to go see his mom for Mother's Day. It's a good excuse to go visit his family before he starts getting really busy.
applegrass
dank meme

Not really dnp-related, but it's weird for me to see how much people abroad care about Mother's (or Father's) Day. Like it's an actual holiday. I have no idea when does it happen in my country, and, I think, none of my friends or relatives know as well.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

applegrass wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:01 pm Not really dnp-related, but it's weird for me to see how much people abroad care about Mother's (or Father's) Day. Like it's an actual holiday. I have no idea when does it happen in my country, and, I think, none of my friends or relatives know as well.
I was thinking the same thing. I really don't care (and neither does my mum) and I don't feel like Dan cares much either. Or is it a really big thing in the UK? Phil just seems like a family person and Mother's Day might be a convenient time to see his parents before all the tour stuff really gets started.
autumnhearth
senpai

Mother’s Day is pretty big in the U.S. It’s the second Sunday in May here. Many restaurants have special brunches that get booked quickly. Father’s Day (on the third Sunday in June) in contrast in more chill with family’s often grilling out. Sure some go to restaurants, but I always find the difference in my family funny. My dad takes my mom and his daughters and grandkids out and treats everyone, where as my mom says “it’s up to you kids, he’s your dad not mine” when Father’s Day roles around. Myy son usual has a day out with my husband (Suler Daddy Day, as Sunday is his only day off) while I join my siblings and dad at one of their houses. It’s weird.

In addition Mother’s Day has a more interesting history here tied to the American Civil War.

And to make this not completely off topic, I wonder if the boys are back.
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon

i guess how much of a big thing mothers day is in the uk depends on the family and suchlike

also oooo american civil war mothers day connection sound interesting
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Will Dan comment on Givenchy today? Will he be spotted out and about in head-to-toe Givenchy in his honor? Insta? Am I desperate? Yes.

Also wb, Da-- cherrybomb!
SquishPhan
capita£ester

applegrass
dank meme

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 pm In addition Mother’s Day has a more interesting history here tied to the American Civil War.
This actually inspired me to go and lurk, thank you. For some reason, I used to love reading about American Civil War when I was little.
liola
rankussy

Whenever Phill blesses us with a selfie is a good day in my book. <3

Not that I would mind a gaming video even if it's not been long. I am easy to please!!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean

looks like Phil's back home! he's upside down on their couch lol
i was confused about the background for a sec and then realized that's their carpet.
I'm just gonna imagine DnP cuddling with each other watching a movie together and sharing popcorn. which is probably what happened
alien
procrastinator

ratlad wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm looks like Phil's back home! he's upside down on their couch lol
i was confused about the background for a sec and then realized that's their carpet.
I'm just gonna imagine DnP cuddling with each other watching a movie together and sharing popcorn. which is probably what happened
Thank you for explaining because I could not figure out what was behind him in that adorable picture lol
Amiaw
interactive introvert

ratlad wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm looks like Phil's back home! he's upside down on their couch lol
I could have sworn that we'd seen that background before and that it is at the Lester's house but I could be wrong. I don't think Phil is home yet (he could be I just thought their sofa was gray)
ratlad
angel bean

alien wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:14 pm
Thank you for explaining because I could not figure out what was behind him in that adorable picture lol
yee! also his hair pushed up like that is so nice on him... imagine a quiff... he's the inventor of the quiff but it doesn't even exist in this universe apparently because it isn't happening. tragic!
ratlad
angel bean

Amiaw wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:15 pm
I could have sworn that we'd seen that background before and that it is at the Lester's house but I could be wrong. I don't think Phil is home yet (he could be I just thought their sofa was gray)
really? isn't that sofa the same texture as Dnp's? it looks grey to me but he put a filter on it i think? oh well :-(
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:46 am This is offtopic, but I noticed after the time change last night that the time on here is an hour early now, since I'm guessing the time change hasn't taken effect on the site. This isn't a huge deal, but just wondering if this will be fixed, or if we need to go into our settings and change it manually somehow.
You can change the time setting in your profile which can be found under “control panel” :)

Also, that isn’t their lounge floor, they have wooden floor not carpet. I think he’s still in IOM as the background seems to match the scary Minnie Mouse one.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
malday
emo goose

ratlad wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:20 pm
Amiaw wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:15 pm
really? isn't that sofa the same texture as Dnp's? it looks grey to me but he put a filter on it i think? oh well :-(
I think it's this gray pillow and couch, not a carpet.
DatCog
blobfish

That's definitely the same sofa I reckon - well remembered malday.

Mothers Day is a bit of a non-event in our house usually - this year I spent the weekend away in London on my own watching my favourite band play a gig and then got presented with a couple of cards and a bag of chocs on my return...can't complain! :D

Loved the Crash Bandicoot video. I always enjoy D vs P games and this one was entertaining, both the gameplay and the bants.

Good to see you back cherrybomb x
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

The couch is beige, the one from his previous birthday is green and velvetty, I don't think they're the same at all. Also the wall behind him today is all velvetty too. Unless the cushion really does come all the way to his shoulders and then what looks like wall is really couch. Illusion of photo :shrug:

I hope someone or three is helping him with that bucket
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

flarequake wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:18 pm The couch is beige, the one from his previous birthday is green and velvetty, I don't think they're the same at all. Also the wall behind him today is all velvetty too. Unless the cushion really does come all the way to his shoulders and then what looks like wall is really couch. Illusion of photo :shrug:

I hope someone or three is helping him with that bucket
I don't know, the green velvet looks exactly the same to me and the grey stuff looks exactly like the pillows in the birthday vid. Pretty sure it's that sofa. What's behind Phil isn't the wall, it's the greenish sofa. I have no idea what pose Phil is in to make it look like that (probably half sitting, half lying down though), but the velvet behind him is not the wall, it's the sofa, and the grey bit is a throw pillow, not the couch. Anyways, I love his jumper in the new pic.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Hmm, okay, I see it now. I like that jumper too, it reminds me of a space-cake, all black with star-flecks.