Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

liola wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 pmInteresting comment "i'm celibate now" after Phil says some sex related stuff, I can't focus on timestamps but it made me raise my eyebrow. He's circling back to that humour uh
The celibate line is actually one of the parts of the video that made me laugh. It felt like a very relatable put upon boyfriend moment - when your partner says or does something so much a turn off that your response is to say that you're not going to have sex with them anymore.
alien
procrastinator

I might do timestamps when I rewatch later but I just wanted to say that I really appreciate that Dan doesn't fake happiness/positivity when he's not feeling it (for whatever reason). If they're going to make content while he's feeling low I just appreciate that he's not forcing himself to act a certain way.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

Yes I agree with what's been said, Dan wasn't in the best mood and the vibe generally wasn't as lighthearted and fun as usual.
My favourite bit was probably Phil explaining the threesome pic by first mentioning "one boyfriend" and then ending up saying the other one was a girlfriend. it was small but I really appreciated him not being heteronormative :love1:
Dan mocking phil's tongue thing... you're not fooling anyone dude we know you find it cute as hell just like the rest of us.
Also liked the bit about the two of them being a democracy idk it was very cute.

Can't wait for a Phil liveshow soon and some fresh gaming content (by fresh I mean more vids like the fortnite one please) !
tyhane
delia smith

Huh. Well. As others have said, I hope this was prefilmed and Dan's feeling better atm. Between the "that was the point of my last video" for the sexual empowerment choice (don't remember the time to rewatch for actual quote) and what he said at the end, yikes. This video kind of left me feeling shitty, in the sense that it makes me sad to see someone I like feeling shitty.
dancy
procrastinator

I got a notification for the video but it's not showing in my subscription feed, how annoying.

For a second, I thought this was gonna be a solo Dan video because of the thumbnail. He still doesn't seem to be in a great mood (which isn't something I would blame him for) but I enjoyed this video regardless! It made me laugh and I always love seeing Phil wearing his glasses! As we've seen with the last AP video, they are capable of quickly filming and editing something but I've got a feeling it was filmed before Phil left. I wonder whether they're already prerecording gaming videos for the tour but I'm not holding my breath.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

What's up with Phil's jumper? I watched on my phone and it looked like it was covered in red fuzz? Wow that distracted me a lot.

It's clear that all of our perception is strongly influenced by the last two weeks of Dan being Dan, so I also felt like he was more intense than usual. Making fun of Phil's tongue thing felt a bit much, and the comment about the sexuality thing was unnecessary considering it was/is a sore topic.

I'd much rather they (or we all) took a step back, mentally refocused and then restarted instead of drawing all these struggles and all the salt out.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

liola wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 pm Interesting comment "i'm celibate now" after Phil says some sex related stuff, I can't focus on timestamps but it made me raise my eyebrow. He's circling back to that humour uh
(It was at 6:22) I had the same reaction to this as well… that was forward? Phil "dirty talked" (bless him he's so funny) and Dan followed that with, "I just became celibate".
Cute video though, Phil is shining 24/7 for me.

Also it isn't in my sub box but I got the notification if anyone is keeping count of YT's errors.
LtrllySusan wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:35 pm Making fun of Phil's tongue thing felt a bit much
ETA: +1 agreeing with this
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 pm
liola wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:17 pmInteresting comment "i'm celibate now" after Phil says some sex related stuff, I can't focus on timestamps but it made me raise my eyebrow. He's circling back to that humour uh
The celibate line is actually one of the parts of the video that made me laugh. It felt like a very relatable put upon boyfriend moment - when your partner says or does something so much a turn off that your response is to say that you're not going to have sex with them anymore.
Oh i agree with you, it made me chuckle but at the same time i was shaking my head because oh Dan.

I can't believe I didn't talk about him mocking Phil's cute-tongue-laugh!!! How dare you Dan Howell that is one of the cutest thing Phil does if he actually wasn't aware and he now become sself conscious I will smack you like Phil did in the video (another blessing, I love rage-Phil)
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I also got the notif, but it wasn’t in my sub box. Until I saw the thumbnail I thought it might be a solo Phil video. It’s hard to watch Dan be extra serious in his snarkiness, but I’m also with people on him not pretending to be some other way that he doesn’t feel. I don’t love this game, but there were some funny moments and Phil looking so good in his glasses and grey eyes reflecting all the grey and black he’s wearing (his eyes work well with grey, blue and green clothes, eh?) I can’t tell what the red specks are. It’s not as if he’s wearing a red tshirt under the jumper.

Dan always looks cosy in that shirt (oh, I just remembered, he popped up at the end of a dream I had earlier, only for a few seconds right at the end of a dream that had nothing to do with him, but he was wearing a dark red velvet suit and had a beard, which wasn’t a good look, but the suit was quite something).
anonymousdork
delia smith

Ok, 2 seconds in and I can't decide whether I love or hate Dan's shirt. It looks like some emo PATD shit, except refined for 2018.
Your ass is where you feel all your most important emotions
hello9217
flower crown

I actually thought the video was really cute. Idk I just feel like when Dan is in a good place then the videos have a more domestic aspect to them but when Dan may not be in the best head space his jokes can come out a little sharper. I'm going for this was filmed last week because I would surely hope that Dan wouldn't hold onto people not understanding his video for this long.

Any who they both looked good. The jokes were funny imo and Phil blessing us in glasses is always amazing for me :stan: Also I think I'm just going to have to live with their videos never showing up in my sub box again and just relying on twitter to know when they post.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I've got a bit more time to write out some thoughts than I did immediately after they uploaded so here we go:
First off, Phil was a real gem in this. Maybe it's because I always find myself more drawn to him than Dan, but he seemed especially funny and charming today (and very pretty, as well). I loved that he turned the love triangle thing into a bisexual love triangle, and I know that it's only because I am a lesbian, but hearing him excitedly go "It's the lesbians!" made me laugh so loud. His "going to heaven or hell" based on how many they get correct was really funny to me for some reason lol
Second, I know that Dan hasn't been feeling the best as of late, so I don't necessarily blame him for how he was acting, but I certainly found myself getting a bit tired out. The "that's what my latest video was about" jab and making fun of Phil's adorable tongue thing really grated on me for a minute, I definitely had to take a deep breath and collect myself before continuing the video
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed it, made me laugh a few times.
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:30 pm
That's how I see it too.

Phil's mention of a boyfriend and girlfriend during the love triangle part was nice too.
kavat
pastel persona

My quick notes:
- Dan ugly cries at dog pictures. Same tbh.
- The clip of them doing laughter yoga was really cute
- Phil afraid of being too pushy. That's interesting.
- I loved Dan mocking Phil about the tongue thing
- Phil tries to talk dirty about knee caps and Dan says he just became celibate? Okay...
- I always enjoy a singing intermission
- I like hearing them talk about what rules they are going to set up for them selves. It's like a tiny window into their real life.
phillyforgot
butt chair

I enjoyed the video, but I was confused about why there was only Dan on the thumbnail. That seems to be an unusual design choice. Usually it's both of them, but maybe Phil's trying to experiment with new style ideas, we don't know. :bbb:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

lmao @ this tweet Phil liked
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Oh dear... I don't mind snarky Dan if it comes from a good place but this definitely came from a bad place.

There were some moments in the video that I did really enjoy (like the throwback to laughter yoga) and then there were also moments that made me very uncomfortable. The 'bants' about Phil's tongue thing felt unnecessarily harsh and I while I might just be projecting, I felt like even Phil was bit taken aback by it.

Like others said, I hope it was pre-filmed and that Dan is in a better mental place atm. :itsokay:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the celibate comment made me laugh after Phil said something to put Dan off. I'm just glad to know he's not uncomfortable with us, like, knowing or speculating that it could be toward Phil?? it was
i wasn't expecting Dan to be happy or giggly and I don't blame him for it, i actually relate and i can be kinda passive aggressive and snarky when im in a Mood™
i feel bad for laughing at Dan making fun of Phil's tongue thing, but they know their boundaries and Dan said once that it's "an endearing quality that we all love"
i hope Phil's home though, maybe he is and spent the whole day with Dan. that would explain why he hasn't tweeted 2 days prior to this vid.
also i laughed at the jab he took at us with the "that's obviously what my last video was about" because the option and the picture went together perfectly (and i think it's okay to laugh at it)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

phillyforgot wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:58 pm I enjoyed the video, but I was confused about why there was only Dan on the thumbnail. That seems to be an unusual design choice. Usually it's both of them, but maybe Phil's trying to experiment with new style ideas, we don't know. :bbb:
Dan Bout To Die So Phil Wanted Him To Be Happy And Show His Gorgeous Boyfriend To The World
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm strongly on team 'pre-filmed last week' as I just compared the angles of this video and the crash bandicoot video for like 5 minutes, and they seem to be the same angle, so I'm guessing they were bulk filming.

Anyway, I enjoyed the video, though Dan's mood threw me off a little, and the bit where he was teasing Phil about his laugh stuck out to me because it was clear that he wasn't doing it maliciously (since he's done it in the past) but it did seem quite excessive. Solid 7/10 video for me.
malday
emo goose

Despite Dan's mood, i found the video enjoyable.
The celibate comment and teasing Phil about his tongue laugh made me laugh, i wasn't bothered by it because he did the same thing in the pinof8 bloopers but also said Phil's laugh was endearing and he liked it, i took it as though he was referencing that.
Last edited by malday on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I really dislike the "game" they played but I thought the video was good, but I probably won't rewatch it tbh. I miss the early days of the gaming channel where they played interesting games which I wanted to see more of. I wish we got more of things like Donkey Kong as they were literally the best platform type games. These google type things aren't really that interesting to me and I really never rewatch them.

On the positive side, Phil in his glasses. Why can't that dude just realise how good he looks in them and wear them all the time. I hope for the tour he forgets to take his contact lenses :lol:

Surprised no-one mentioned this yet: as I said on twitter, if he thinks that is average then I have no hope in life :lol: :lol:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I feel like we could all do with the full laughter yoga clip right now.

obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Interesting
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:00 pm Interesting
Why would he need his own website? Couldn't it have gone on the joint one? Maybe I just hate the lack of clarity. If Phil ever releases merch that would then be three websites...or does he just find their joint shop too cringe like the usual spon.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3