Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
scientia
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:51 am
hello9217 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 am Also I'm curious as to why he chose now to do this. He's apparently been talking about solo merch since 2016 and I feel like last year after he rebranded would have been a much better time since the tour is coming up soon but hey what do I know?
If I had to guess I'd say tour is exactly why he chose this timing - putting it out in the next few weeks means it'll be right there on that merch table along with all their other stuff show after show. (I also said this on tumblr already, but following the same logic I predict we'll see solo Phil merch within the next month.)
I hope there is Phil merch! I mean Phil doesn’t have to have merch just because Dan does, but I’d love to see some winter-themed candles/cozy items from Phil this Christmas.

Also, I just remembered that Dan addressed his solo merch in his LS after being prompted by a “viewer” and now the “timing” just seems super convenient to me :rofl:
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Okay this is funny and super cute but also, Dan's reply to the actual tweet just seems super genuine to me? Like I know we talked about how his replies to his last tweets seemed off and kinda coldish but this for some reason just gave me a warmer feeling!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
starwatersong
phabergé

Read through the thread and apparently the original poster's parents were in the same drama club as Andrew Lincoln, so she asked her dad to do a favour.

Bless her, as I laughed so hard at this.
knq
lava lamp

liola wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:06 pm Okay this is funny and super cute but also, Dan's reply to the actual tweet just seems super genuine to me? Like I know we talked about how his replies to his last tweets seemed off and kinda coldish but this for some reason just gave me a warmer feeling!
I thought the same thing. :D He made his joke the way he wanted to, and then he provided context/thanks to the OP. Nice communication skills, gold star for Dan.
alien
procrastinator

Katka wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:58 pm
malday wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 amBut Dan probably has an outtake video ready to show he actually meant to say "i just became halibut" because he likes fish.
Thanks for the laugh! (But seriously, the celibacy thing was so clearly just a throwaway joke, can we maybe chill...)

On one hand I'm so done with the shitty "No one is straight, we're all a little bi" garbage because I've had too many men try and use it on me to convince me I wasn't really gay but that comment is funny.
I'm with you. I've had the same experience and know of friends who have too. That man's tweet is hilarious though (and maybe a bit sad).

Rick Grimes shaming Dan and Phil is the best part of my day so far! That is honestly hilarious/ridiculous and I agree with whoever said Dan's reply seemed so genuine and it's nice to see after the last couple weeks.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

watsonian wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm
liola wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:06 pm Okay this is funny and super cute but also, Dan's reply to the actual tweet just seems super genuine to me? Like I know we talked about how his replies to his last tweets seemed off and kinda coldish but this for some reason just gave me a warmer feeling!
I thought the same thing. :D He made his joke the way he wanted to, and then he provided context/thanks to the OP. Nice communication skills, gold star for Dan.
i just was coming on here to say i feel a less tense vibe from dan today!! I'm glad other people feel that as well! i rewatched the new dapg vid and i actually enjoyed it and seen it in a different light. phil also rt'd dan's reply! cool cool!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
liola
rankussy

ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:45 pm
watsonian wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:18 pm
i just was coming on here to say i feel a less tense vibe from dan today!! I'm glad other people feel that as well! i rewatched the new dapg vid and i actually enjoyed it and seen it in a different light. phil also rt'd dan's reply! cool cool!
Yeah I don't know why but it seemed just..warmer! And Phil liked Dan's tweet about merch too last night so I hope this calms down people wondering if this a negative thing

zazzed
squish

Dan's merch is up!!!

It is....exactly what I was expecting lmao
hello9217
flower crown

zazzed wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:05 pm Dan's merch is up!!!

I thought it would be more minimalistic but okay sure
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

That is as DINOF as it could be. Why does this need to be in a seperate store?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Wow so that was FAST- I immediately bought the "don't talk to me shirt" (it was an impulse buy but whatever i'm a sucker). Very predictable design, the real perk is all of the pretty photos we get of Dan and Cornelia (and now Sarah!) modeling the looks. V nice
SquishPhan
capita£ester

zazzed wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:05 pm Dan's merch is up!!!

It's funny, because it's not really what I was expecting.
And it's reeally not my thing, but that I was expecting tbh.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm That is as DINOF as it could be. Why does this need to be in a seperate store?
Why is it always tshirts and sweaters? When will people make accessories? I want socks, scarves, earrings, necklaces, badges and bracelets.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I thought for a second the tweet and the designs were a prank, but then I remembered who the target audience are.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

I'm not gonna buy any of it, but I'm honestly really glad that he made it and he's proud of it
Also, I am very much not in favor of his new twitter avi
sonicgreen
woodland creature

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 pm I thought for a second the tweet and the designs were a prank, but then I remembered who the target audience are.
Just now really looking at the tweet… any time he says the words "graphic design" I lose half a year of my life. But he did it himself and for that I'm proud. (i also don't lOVE the twitter profile pic)

edit: -6 months of life
fancy_nancy
phabergé

The clothes are nice, and I love the cap, but that back pack is the ugliest thing I have seen in my life.

(wow I haven't been here in months, hi everyone!!!)
liola
rankussy

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:15 pm I thought for a second the tweet and the designs were a prank, but then I remembered who the target audience are.
Okay not to be mean, but same. I saw the Eclipse shirt and was like LMAO oh Dan trolling us!!

Then..it was real.

I mean..eh. I see why that wouldn't go in the dnpshop tbh but i was really hoping for something more..2018 Dan. I could've seen this merch in 2016, but this seems like the kind of branding he wanted to get rid of.

Though I admit the "don't talk to me" sweatshirt kinda tempt me, but then again the font for some reason reminds me of Star Trek so that might be it
God still love us

onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

liola wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 pm God still love us
I will buy every pair of socks that Phil makes without hesitation. (No thanks on Dans merch though)
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
whyamievenstillhere
smol bean

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm That is as DINOF as it could be. Why does this need to be in a seperate store?
I was wondering the same thing after looking at it. It’s so on point DINOF branding? Like black and ugh and don’t talk to me. There was some Japanese writing as well. And of course the eclipse shirt. Like it’s very dan? And if they could sell the black shiny bag as a part of the joint store why sell this separately?
But well if he makes more original stuff, more subtle, with other items as well besides the bag and shirt and hoodie I’ll be for it!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I would maybe by something that said 'don't talk to me' in a tshirt. But it's blisteringly hot like 9 months out of the year here, a sweatshirt/long sleeve tee is not worth the investment.

That said it's exactly what I expected, which I'm considering neither good nor bad. The throwback to the eclipse kinda surprised me.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:22 pm
liola wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:19 pm God still love us
I will buy every pair of socks that Phil makes without hesitation. (No thanks on Dans merch though)
Happy that it is now confirmed that Phil will have his own merch too. And now I'm really hoping there will be fun socks.
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

I actually like the merch. I probably wouldn't get the eclipse shirt but I do like the don't talk to me one. I wish he'd make a t-shirt version of it rather than a long sleeve, I'd snatch that right up. the hat's cute too, it reminds me of one I have, actually.

I'm excited for phil merch! it probably won't be my style but I'd love to see what he comes up with.
whyamievenstillhere
smol bean

Oh wait I get it now. I guess this is to target the audience that sometimes more Dan than Phil. And sometimes more Phil than Dan. So with Dan shop, Phil shop and the joint shop they are pretty much targeting all kinds of audience. And since the new merch doesn’t carry Dan and Phil in huge letters anywhere, it’s more subtle and people would want to carry it? Maybe. Who knows? I’m waiting to see the Phil one, hopefully more original than Dan’s and less Japanese writing please
iero
phabergé

i see what he was going for and i think he's nailed that style tbh. i personally find the whole 'negative text' print kinda cringe but that kind of style seems to sell, i see it quite often.

that bag tho..it's horrid