Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I'm a little shook at myself for how quickly i just bought that "don't talk to me" shirt. He got me with the damn upside down smiley, its my favorite emoji.

Also I am living for the modeling. Sarah is queen, I'm SO SO happy for the size inclusivity. And Dan looks AMAZING especially in the don't talk to me shirt pics.

"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
nephilimcat
woodland creature
Pronouns: she/her

I'd definitely be more inclined to buy homewares as long as they're actually coming in a nice design. I don't think I'd buy a candle but maybe a cushion or something?
somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:23 pm Okay, this is a bit random, but I noticed that the customer service email address mentioned on the Terms & Conditions page is that of the Crabstickz Shop. Looks like Dan was in a hurry putting together the page. :lol: I did tweet him about it, but it's unlikely he'll see it. Let's hope he'll notice the mistake soon.
:lol:
pulvis et umbra sumus
Kimship
glabella

Ewok wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 pm when will the flower crown trend die the fiery death it deserves? ew. (he does look cute in them though.)
I actually love flower crowns, but I think it's mostly because it reminds me of Hannibal because it was a thing for Fannibals. I still don't know why that was a thing(I'm a fan of the show, but am not heavily involved in the fandom itself), but the mental association is there.

The merch isn't exactly what I was expecting, but I'm also not really surprised? A sweatshirt (and flower crown) might be nice. But, looks like he'll be adding more in the future, so I'm thinking I'll wait a bit. I do like how subtle it is in its branding. So, another fan might recognize me as a fan, but no one else would think twice.
autumnhearth
senpai

Hmm. Well it’s a start. He looks cute in the black flower crown and my son would like one. I can’t really blame him for capitalizing on the eclipse shirt, as other places sell it (as well as the llama hat). My husband told me that he almost got me an eclipse shirt for Christmas. I’m really glad he didn’t because I mostly associate with pinof 4, which is my least favorite. (If I could have any item from Dan’s wardrobe it would be the horned hoodie.) But that said, it looks nice and sharp and if it came in a kid’s size my son would like it, but that’s really not the point of Daniel Howell merch. I kinda like the upside down smiley face on the shirt, but not the right side up one on the cap and then there is the frown on the back back (not a fan of it in general, I much prefer his black galaxy one) and I kind wish they were all sideways frowns like his dimple but that might be too on the nose... or cheek... or that space between. Or at least consistent upside down smilies. I’m curious about what “very Phil Lester” looks like. I’m down for homewares and heck yeah to a plus size model! :blackheart:

Two different earrings!
Last edited by autumnhearth on Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Candles would be good merch. For both of them actually. Dan can have his sophisticated scents while Phil can have stuff that smells like the Haribo factory, covered in marshmallows, covered in more sugar.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
starwatersong
phabergé

And he bought one!
noodlebum
flower crown

I'm down for Phil Lester merch, I prefer bright colours and plaid :)
Dans merch just reminds me of being a teenager, not 28. I agree with others that he'd suit having a clothing line instead.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

imo it feels like 50% what i thought dan would make and 50% what an angsty edgy 'not like other 14 year olds' 14 year old will buy immediately so... get that £££££ i guess, the don't talk to me shirt is cute. support the real dan store
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

jaej wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:08 pm imo it feels like 50% what i thought dan would make and 50% what an angsty edgy 'not like other 14 year olds' 14 year old will buy immediately so... get that £££££ i guess, the don't talk to me shirt is cute. support the real dan store
i think he chose these designs as a start to be palatable to the younger audience, and then after a while he could add things that he would actually be interested in?? i guess this is a good start, I'm so happy for him and i really hope he is happy and proud of himself and celebrating!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If Dan pulled out the eclipse shirt, what do you think Phil's retro equivalent will be? Lion branded things?
alch
ar·tic·u·late

I wasn't expecting Dan's store to be up so soon! The merch is honestly exactly what one could expect, just monochrome antisocial edgy teenager style.
I'm surprised he's selling the eclipse shirt, since I was so sure that was one of the most major things being given up when he rebranded, since he changed his icon almost immediately after his username and the shirt was a big part of the dinof brand.

Any predictions for Phil solo merch? I'm just hoping it won't be some neon thing covered in lions and Phil doing claws with his hands
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 pm If Dan pulled out the eclipse shirt, what do you think Phil's retro equivalent will be? Lion branded things?
a fursuit
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
somelikeitpink
living flop

Off topic but:

I just realised that one of the olympian ice skaters follows him on twitter (Karen Chen). Wonder if he knows that :sherlock:

anyway I wanna see all the pictures for the photoshoot dan did for the website. I'm sort of hoping him having more of his own merch will mean that he'll model them more seriously and we will get more beauty shots.
JustMarie
drama llama

I'm kind of meh about Dan's merch. Maybe because I'm not into black (I actually don't like the color) but I like the don't talk to me shirt, even though I don't see myself wearing that. I'm happy that Dan decided to do this, is like he's finally expressing himself.
And also the backpack is ugly af

I admit that I'm wayyyy more excited for Phil's merch. I hope they finally sell socks cuz that's the only thing I would buy from them.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:16 pm
jaej wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:08 pm imo it feels like 50% what i thought dan would make and 50% what an angsty edgy 'not like other 14 year olds' 14 year old will buy immediately so... get that £££££ i guess, the don't talk to me shirt is cute. support the real dan store
i think he chose these designs as a start to be palatable to the younger audience, and then after a while he could add things that he would actually be interested in?? i guess this is a good start, I'm so happy for him and i really hope he is happy and proud of himself and celebrating!!!
I definitely think thats the plan, pretty much what he said in this tweet
I'm really excited to see what he'll come up with. I hope he doesn't procrastinate it for 3 years like he said he did for this release :lol:
As others have said i would love a candle from him, he has good taste in candle scents as i've recently discovered thanks to susan2's compilation of dan's candles.

ps i had to take the new black flower crown pic of dan for my avatar, he just looks so sweet
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

alch wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:35 pm Any predictions for Phil solo merch? I'm just hoping it won't be some neon thing covered in lions and Phil doing claws with his hands
I know how unlikely this is, because not once has he ever implied that he was going to do this, but I would die if he used the word 'amazing' as a little tagline for his merch. Just imagine it! A crewneck sweater with a little
amazing! or I feel amazing!
(or something along those lines) in a fun font in the corner, or a mug saying that facing outwards....I've been thinking about this
(listen I am fully aware that this is unrealistic and kind of stupid but a girl can dream)
Ewok
rainbow nerd

Kimship wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:30 pm
Ewok wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:33 pm when will the flower crown trend die the fiery death it deserves? ew. (he does look cute in them though.)
I actually love flower crowns, but I think it's mostly because it reminds me of Hannibal because it was a thing for Fannibals. I still don't know why that was a thing(I'm a fan of the show, but am not heavily involved in the fandom itself), but the mental association is there.

The merch isn't exactly what I was expecting, but I'm also not really surprised? A sweatshirt (and flower crown) might be nice. But, looks like he'll be adding more in the future, so I'm thinking I'll wait a bit. I do like how subtle it is in its branding. So, another fan might recognize me as a fan, but no one else would think twice.
oh! i’d never heard of that haha. there’s one reason to like it i suppose. :shrug: it just really reminds me of tumblr in like 2013 (i definitely remember myself wearing a trendy flower crown at one point that year and looking back.... i looked ridiculous and it was hideous) but, to each their own :ribena:

+1 to his merch being subtle. the in-your-face youtuber branding is what puts me off from ever buying any.
»»-————𝓯𝓵𝓸𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓭𝓸𝓷𝓰————-««
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

I’m kinda taken aback by the harsh reaction to the merch. Don’t forget his core audience are teenagers and he must’ve taken that into consideration designing the merch. Would I buy it? Some of it, yeah, but not the shirts. I love the cap and might actually get it because it’s the kind of low-key merch I appreciate, the kind that other fans recognise as merch but other people will only see as a hat.

It’s all very 90s grunge/goth and it will probably appeal to a lot of punk-ish, goth-ish teens out there. The main reason I like it though is that you can see actual thought went into the design. It’s minimalistic but it doesn’t look lazy and I appreciate that. Also: Each and every item is unisex and I’m loving that. It’s totally aimed at teenagers but I don’t think it’s cringey at all. (Doesn’t mean y’all can’t have your opinions of course, I’m just a bit surprised about how harsh some reactions are, I didn't expect that :D .)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:17 pm If Dan pulled out the eclipse shirt, what do you think Phil's retro equivalent will be? Lion branded things?
If I don't get an "All or Nothing" t-shirt/sweater, I'm boycotting the both of them.
starwatersong
phabergé

rizzo wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 pm If I don't get an "All or Nothing" t-shirt/sweater, I'm boycotting the both of them.
Yes!!! That would be amazing!
dancy
procrastinator

I guess it could've been worse :shrug: It's not obviously Youtuber merch, so that's good but (not to take away from those who do like it) I expected something less Hot Topic, more "aesthetic" or less teen, more young adult. I think I'll just wait for him to release new stuff that I may like better and Phil's merch. All the pictures where Dan, Cornelia and Sarah are modeling the clothes are lovely though!
willowgarden
squish

Fairly good merch, really nice. I won't be buying anything because it's not my personal style. This explains some of the jittery anxiety. And, in regards to the fears of a conscious uncoupling in the near future,

... Faith Hill doesn't appear in all of Tim McGraw's movies, even though they tour like bamfs.
... Garth Brooks isn't cooking every episode in Trisha's Southern Kitchen with Trisha Yearwood on her Food Network show, even though they make excellent Christmas albums together.
... Rhea Butcher might tour with her wife Carmen Esposito, but she's headlining by herself right now.
... I'm waiting for A Quiet Place, but I know that it might be the only time I see John Krasinski and Emily Blunt as co-stars.
... Beyonce and Jay both took off the top of the Maybach for DJ Khaled, but I'm not going to expect joint feat. bills every day.

Entertainers are allowed to do different things, in the same sphere, without each other. The two merch shops are like that. Let's all calm the fuck down and be happy for :deppy: . YouTubers are just like any other entertainers. They'll have their own lines of product.
I don’t know anybody or anything. Please don’t ever talk to me again. Tell everybody to stop talking to me. ~ Kurt Vonnegut
Kimship
glabella

Ewok wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:10 pm
Kimship wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:30 pm

oh! i’d never heard of that haha. there’s one reason to like it i suppose. :shrug: it just really reminds me of tumblr in like 2013 (i definitely remember myself wearing a trendy flower crown at one point that year and looking back.... i looked ridiculous and it was hideous) but, to each their own :ribena:

+1 to his merch being subtle. the in-your-face youtuber branding is what puts me off from ever buying any.
It's a bit of an odd association, I know. I only found out when I went to FlameCon a couple years ago and the Hannibal panel audience, and most or all of the panelists, were wearing flower crowns. I was so confused, but someone explained it to me(it was from a fanart trend that became A Thing) and now that's what I think of when I see them. And, I was a fan of Hannibal before I found Deppy, so let me just tell you that the Pastel Edits IRL video is always extra funny to me. And if you look up some other panels from other events, even the show creators/crew/cast would wear them sometimes.

(Also, from what I can tell, it looks like they've never seen Hannibal, which makes me sad, because based on some of the other tv shows they watch/have watched, they'd probably like it. Nihilistic philosophy and beautiful aesthetics for Dan, murder and gore for Phil. It might be too pretentious, though. I enjoy that, in this case, but it's not for everyone.)
fancybum
senpai

Kimship wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 am (Also, from what I can tell, it looks like they've never seen Hannibal, which makes me sad, because based on some of the other tv shows they watch/have watched, they'd probably like it. Nihilistic philosophy and beautiful aesthetics for Dan, murder and gore for Phil. It might be too pretentious, though. I enjoy that, in this case, but it's not for everyone.)
Plus all the underlying (and overlying) gay.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
Kimship
glabella

fancybum wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 am
Kimship wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 am (Also, from what I can tell, it looks like they've never seen Hannibal, which makes me sad, because based on some of the other tv shows they watch/have watched, they'd probably like it. Nihilistic philosophy and beautiful aesthetics for Dan, murder and gore for Phil. It might be too pretentious, though. I enjoy that, in this case, but it's not for everyone.)
Plus all the underlying (and overlying) gay.
Yeah, it doesn't shy away from its own queerness; by S3 they don't even bother trying to be subtle with it.

Now I want to buy Dan's black flower crown and marathon the show while wearing it. :blueflower: