Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

Salt wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:32 am Aah now I'm curious! I wouldn't mind knowing what they said :lol:
Any tech people know how to add images from a phone to the thread?
Kimship
glabella

liola wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 pm
Stakhanov wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:08 pm
rizzo wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm about phil sharing his straighteners:
cheers to dan for confirming that the moon room is shared! :alcohol:

:glasses:
Each to their own but I think that's an odd conclusion to draw from that tweet. He implies they shared straighteners and we have one photo of a straightener in Dan's room. So presumably Phil straightened his hair in Dan's room at at least that one occasion.
They live together, they spend a lot of time near one another, they might prepare and might freshen up for filming together. They've been known to share some clothes, and generally share a lot of things. So I don't see anything that remarkable here.
It's an interesting tidbit of information which may or may not mean anything, but doesn't give us any informatin at to make me jump to the conclusion that Dan has confirmed that they share his bedroom together as a 'master bedroom'.
If I found something like a hair straightener of a friend in the room of another friend he/she lives with, my immediate conclusion is not that they are sharing that bedroom. Given that I don't think they are in a romantic relationship, I don't see this as something that by itself offers confirmation or insight about their relationship status: it's way to ambiguous and insignificant a fact for that, imo.

Their tweets were pretty funny, and i feel like Dan knew what he was doing by tweeting about phil's fringe xD. 11/10 on the engaging your audience scale, and probs just a nice thing he could poke fun of phil with a bit.
I hope the flue shot works, flu is not limited to one season and they are going to see tons of people different hemispheres so it's a smart idea. To bad he also seemed to have used it as (yet another?) reason of sorts not to livestream :sideeye: .
I feel like things like this always end up in the same way: what about the rest of the context? There's Phil's mirror in Dan's room, right there in front of the seat with the straightener. Why would Phil, who supposedly has his own room, not have things he uses basically every day in the space he lives in? This, coupled with everything else that is out there about their relationship makes it really logic to take a tweet like that from Dan as a 1+1 conclusion like the original post :thumb:
My answer to that would be that Phil's room is stupidly small, so it makes sense to put the mirror in Dan's. And I can completely believe that Dan would "borrow" Phil's straightener and leave it laying around his room until Phil has to go looking for it. I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, but making an offhand comment about sharing a beauty device that was in one person's room at some point doesn't automatically equal sharing that room. It could mean that, and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the context doesn't really make the assumption more likely to be true. I'm one of those who doesn't really think they're together, but wouldn't be surprised if they were, but this isn't the evidence that is going to convince me.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

Kimship wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 am
Stakhanov wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:08 pm
rizzo wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:29 pm
AroboticPhil wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 pm about phil sharing his straighteners:
cheers to dan for confirming that the moon room is shared! :alcohol:

:glasses:
Each to their own but I think that's an odd conclusion to draw from that tweet. He implies they shared straighteners and we have one photo of a straightener in Dan's room. So presumably Phil straightened his hair in Dan's room at at least that one occasion.
They live together, they spend a lot of time near one another, they might prepare and might freshen up for filming together. They've been known to share some clothes, and generally share a lot of things. So I don't see anything that remarkable here.
It's an interesting tidbit of information which may or may not mean anything, but doesn't give us any informatin at to make me jump to the conclusion that Dan has confirmed that they share his bedroom together as a 'master bedroom'.
If I found something like a hair straightener of a friend in the room of another friend he/she lives with, my immediate conclusion is not that they are sharing that bedroom. Given that I don't think they are in a romantic relationship, I don't see this as something that by itself offers confirmation or insight about their relationship status: it's way to ambiguous and insignificant a fact for that, imo.

Their tweets were pretty funny, and i feel like Dan knew what he was doing by tweeting about phil's fringe xD. 11/10 on the engaging your audience scale, and probs just a nice thing he could poke fun of phil with a bit.
I hope the flue shot works, flu is not limited to one season and they are going to see tons of people different hemispheres so it's a smart idea. To bad he also seemed to have used it as (yet another?) reason of sorts not to livestream :sideeye: .
I feel like things like this always end up in the same way: what about the rest of the context? There's Phil's mirror in Dan's room, right there in front of the seat with the straightener. Why would Phil, who supposedly has his own room, not have things he uses basically every day in the space he lives in? This, coupled with everything else that is out there about their relationship makes it really logic to take a tweet like that from Dan as a 1+1 conclusion like the original post :thumb:
My answer to that would be that Phil's room is stupidly small, so it makes sense to put the mirror in Dan's. And I can completely believe that Dan would "borrow" Phil's straightener and leave it laying around his room until Phil has to go looking for it. I'm not saying that's definitely what happened, but making an offhand comment about sharing a beauty device that was in one person's room at some point doesn't automatically equal sharing that room. It could mean that, and I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but the context doesn't really make the assumption more likely to be true. I'm one of those who doesn't really think they're together, but wouldn't be surprised if they were, but this isn't the evidence that is going to convince me.
dan stopped straightening his hair months before that liveshow though. phil's room may be small, but i'm sure it can fit his white stand mirror in there.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
fancybum
senpai

Here's a theory: Phil's room came with a mirror on the back of the door. Or his bathroom is full of mirrors. Him having a cheap mirror in his room in one flat doesn't mean it's required to be in his room after he moves, whether that's because it's unnecessary or doesn't fit or Dan is just a filthy thief and wanted it for himself. This conversation is hilariously pointless every time it happens. Straighteners, mirrors, they barely have individual possessions, everything gets rolled into their giant sticky katamari ball of "ours". Maybe that even extends to bedrooms, who caares (and yes, the person who comes in going "who cares" obviously cares the least, obviously, it's science). It's not worth trying to convince anybody of anything (in either direction) if your argument comes down to the placement of a cheap ass mirror or janky old straighteners. We don't know shit about their bedrooms or how they use them and pretending otherwise to serve your own narrative is a waste of time. But so is most of the internet, so you know, as you were.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

I don't actually think anyone was trying to convince anyone of anything. I think people who already believe Dan and Phil are together and share a bedroom notice and delight in the details, and that's really all there was to posting that comment.

In other news, some Dan twitter likes:
And one from Phil:
applegrass
dank meme

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 am In other news, guess who just got catfished by a supposed Daniel Howell on okcupid?!?

We had good convo going for a moment there before he blocked me for asking for proof of id (can you REALLY blame me? C'mon now :roll:)
Anyways, I've screenshot the messages if anyone is interested in reading my brief exchange with "Daniel" (heaven help me if it WAS actually Dan :wahh: :wahh: :wahh: To think there is the slightest possibility I could have been the forevermore hated homewrecker of the Deppy house! I would die :lol: )

So, d'y'all want the screenshots? Could be a fun little game of analysis :shrug: :tinfoil:

Edit: ooh I'm a Drama Llama now, what an appropriate level/status :lol:
Sounds interesting. :sideeye: I would really like to see those screenshots.
liola
rankussy

fancybum wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:34 am Here's a theory: Phil's room came with a mirror on the back of the door. Or his bathroom is full of mirrors. Him having a cheap mirror in his room in one flat doesn't mean it's required to be in his room after he moves, whether that's because it's unnecessary or doesn't fit or Dan is just a filthy thief and wanted it for himself. This conversation is hilariously pointless every time it happens. Straighteners, mirrors, they barely have individual possessions, everything gets rolled into their giant sticky katamari ball of "ours". Maybe that even extends to bedrooms, who caares (and yes, the person who comes in going "who cares" obviously cares the least, obviously, it's science). It's not worth trying to convince anybody of anything (in either direction) if your argument comes down to the placement of a cheap ass mirror or janky old straighteners. We don't know shit about their bedrooms or how they use them and pretending otherwise to serve your own narrative is a waste of time. But so is most of the internet, so you know, as you were.
For the record, I wasn't trying to convince anyone, it was just a comment on their comment, I feel like at this point everyone is set on their opinion as long as we get actual "proof" (which is prob never gonna happen lol)

I was just pointing out how often these things that people take as comments on their romantic relationship come from a place of considering the context of the past 8 years, not just the actual sharing of a straightener. It's the same explanation I would give to people telling me they don't see anything romantic between how they look at each other or what they do and don't get why is something people consider.

The answer is never the single piece, but the whole cake. That was the point of my comment, but I wasn't trying to be like "This is the truth accept it!"
SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 am Hi IDB! It's been awhile since I've been on here - I had to step back from the Phandom after the whole diccourse because it was all just too negative for me.
Looking back on my post, I still stand by what I said, but I'm not going to rehash it here. What has passed had passed and I'm hella glad to just move on to more positive topics, like Phil's fwiff :fan:
I DO want to thanks to the couple of you who reached out to me in pm and made me feel better after opening up about my mental health and sexuality crisis (both ongoing, joy). I'm really grateful for your kind words! :valentine:

So fortnite was a solid video, the Sims video was great, Phil is delicious, and the boys are both on fire with the Twitter replies (a special SO to the hilarious naked dance video Dan liked, my boys have been in hysterics).

In other news, guess who just got catfished by a supposed Daniel Howell on okcupid?!?

We had good convo going for a moment there before he blocked me for asking for proof of id (can you REALLY blame me? C'mon now :roll:)
Anyways, I've screenshot the messages if anyone is interested in reading my brief exchange with "Daniel" (heaven help me if it WAS actually Dan :wahh: :wahh: :wahh: To think there is the slightest possibility I could have been the forevermore hated homewrecker of the Deppy house! I would die :lol: )

So, d'y'all want the screenshots? Could be a fun little game of analysis :shrug: :tinfoil:

Edit: ooh I'm a Drama Llama now, what an appropriate level/status :lol:
I wouldn't mind seeing this lmao
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I don't think we should give catfishers any attention. It's quite pathetic to impersonate someone, so we shouldn't give them the satisfaction of being the center of attention.
It's obviously not Dan. You might as well analyse my posts to see how much they (don't) sound like him.
malday
emo goose

ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 am
dan stopped straightening his hair months before that liveshow though. phil's room may be small, but i'm sure it can fit his white stand mirror in there.
Phil's room is also a set for his videos in a (most likely) separate apartment they use for filming. If that's where he really sleeps he should sue, and we should start a gofundme to get him out of that cupboard.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

malday wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:01 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:15 am
Phil's room is also a set for his videos in a (most likely) separate apartment they use for filming. If that's where he really sleeps he should sue, and we should start a gofundme to get him out of that cupboard.
separate apartment? isn't it downstairs though? i think it's connected to the gaming room. they live in a duplex.
also im not trying to convince anyone anything really!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Really, really hoping that Phil does a liveshow today to show off his hair, I wanna see more of it!!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

snokoplasmic wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:13 pm Really, really hoping that Phil does a liveshow today to show off his hair, I wanna see more of it!!
I'm about 90% sure phil will do a ls today. He's due for one. Unless they have some other important plans tonight, I think he'll be doing one.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Please continue here
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: