Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somelikeitpink
living flop
Pronouns: she/her

Lucyrg95 wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:32 pm do I even try and understand what he was trying to say
it wasn't meant that way but my original alternative was also very sexual?

And theres nothing wrong with it.... (and there not even a proper follow up after that)
Ablissa
pastel persona

Can you fill me in on what he said that got you all confused? I missed the first 20 min :(
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

So, he edited out the eating ass comment (a meme apparently) and added in something that was totally going to make people lose their shit and was clearly about penis and he thinks "it's a funny story"......

:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
formlessblob
smol bean

i KNEW he was going to deny everything my bi little heart is breaking ๐Ÿ˜ข I don't understand why he would be so open in various videos and just say the opposite in liveshows... I felt a strong #nohomo vibe, which I hadn't felt for a long time coming from them...

I was so excited when I saw his video, I really felt a connection with him and being represented in such a casual way was great and now everything's ruined. Maybe we read into it, idk. Thanks dan I guess :shrug:

I'm not native, sorry for the typos guys
somelikeitpink
living flop

missemma wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:35 pm So, he edited out the eating ass comment (a meme apparently) and added in something that was totally going to make people lose their shit and was clearly about penis and he thinks "it's a funny story"......

me at Dan:

socksparadox
glabella
Pronouns: any

That sounded like a very 2012-Dan response :? One step forward two steps back?
โ™ก ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š, ๐š’๐š'๐šœ ๐šœ๐š๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐šข๐š˜๐šž. :napsta:
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Wait, did I heard some things wrong cause I enjoyed what he said? He was making fun of people playing it up and seeing it as the only important part of the video. When was he retracting anything?

Aw, I was really loving this ls. Now I am confused.
Last edited by LtrllySusan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Philena
blobfish

The lady doth protest too much... this is very much giving me vibes of his explanation for the Virgin Bottom (heh.) retweet and also his ramble after "Full-time Internet homo." Omg. I kinda assumed some damage control when he announced the ls.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Ugh this is gonna be a mess i'm already dreading it.
I really don't wanna be in his shoes or his mind rn. It must be a mess in there. I'm so sorry.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I found it interesting to see Dan discuss the dickscourse surrounding his video because I really expected him to avoid it. Idk it felt weird. Like a step back...it kinda made me think he decided to do this last minute to address some stuff but not very well, considering how messy it is...
Edit: after thinking about it (though I will have to rewatch) it felt like he was trying to include all body parts typically involved in sex but at the same time it came across as very "penis? No thanks." :/ I could be reading into it wrong. The way Dan articulates things in live shows frustrates me a lot because I totally get what has trying to say but often times it gets lost in the language has trying to use and it confuses everyone regardless of English language comprehension.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quercussp
living flop

LtrllySusan wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:39 pm Wait, did I heard some things wrong cause I enjoyed what he said? He was making fun of people playing it up and seeing it as the only important part of the video. When was he retracting anything?

Aw, I was really loving this ls. Now I am confused.
I also didn't hear him retracting anything... I mean he didn't say I love dick it's all true, but I didn't see him really protesting it either
nigel ratburn
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

honestly his response reminded me a lot of the virgin airlines tweet-favoriting explanation. i'm disappointed, but not really surprised, but at the same time i can't even imagine what it's like to be in his position, so :shrug:
i saw it less as a retraction and more as a "it's not that serious, guys," indicating that he didn't see it as a big "coming out" moment that a lot of people are making it out to be. i don't buy him saying that he didn't realize it would come across that way, though-- the idea that nowhere in the process of posting the video he (or phil) didn't think about that implication is straight-up ridiculous.

(but right now his oscars movies and drag race commentary is giving me life and i actually agree with most of what he's saying i have MIXED EMOTIONS)
lorelei
phillion/danosaur <//3

I'm confused and frustrated. Just seemed like a lot of backtracking to me, and I was really looking forward to this liveshow... sigh.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I didn't get any sort of step back. He was trying not to specifically label anything (which is usual) but didn't disavow it or anyone's reading of it. He mostly seemed to want to emphasise that people can enjoy different parts of his videos (the overall message or just the dick).
Then again I need to rewatch it.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
malday
emo goose

A gaming video would have been good right now, but if i heard correctly an AmazingPhil video is coming?
Last edited by malday on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philena
blobfish

Conspiracy theory: he taped the "ass" version just in case he got scared.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

While admittedly the first part didn't make a lot of sense to me it did kind of feel like he was saying yeah I joked about blowjobs but #no homo.

And just FYI Dan assuming London is representative of the snowiest parts of Scotland and everywhere else in the UK is grossly inaccurate and we can probably assume he ignores all news of what is going on in other parts of the country if he thinks everything was fine and dandy that far North.
Where I am for example everything from the local shops to my work to all buses and trains were shut down for three days. Which to be fair I'm not actually complaining about I enjoy being paid to not leave the house (should have became a youtuber).
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

pearshaped34 wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:55 pm While admittedly the first part didn't make a lot of sense to me it did kind of feel like he was saying yeah I joked about blowjobs but #no homo.

And just FYI Dan assuming London is representative of the snowiest parts of Scotland and everywhere else in the UK is grossly inaccurate and we can probably assume he ignores all news of what is going on in other parts of the country if he thinks everything was fine and dandy that far North.
Where I am for example everything from the local shops to my work to all buses and trains were shut down for three days. Which to be fair I'm not actually complaining about I enjoy being paid to not leave the house (should have became a youtuber).
Haha he's even out of touch for London. People commute for over an hour and the trains were getting stuck/cancelled.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
scientia
phabergรฉ

I swear I have a tension headache, his liveshows always make me on edge
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I missed a large chunk of the liveshow because of course my boyfriend tries to talk to me THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH but heard the last bit and him saying there is going to be Dan Howell merch, ooh that sounds quite exciting! I hope it's something very simple and doesn't have his pretty face splashed all over it. Maybe he's going to do some candles or some socks or something that I won't mind buying :lol:
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
SquishPhan
capitaยฃester

To me it did seem a bit like a step back, but Iโ€™ll need to watch it again to be really sure since I was mostly confused about his whole ramble.

I canโ€™t wait to learn more about Interactive Introverts and them sharing some bits with us.

My guess is that he didn't like more people talking about the penis thing then his message, which wasnโ€™t greatly executed imo.

Iโ€™m not surprised he doesn't care about age difference. ;)

Iโ€™m up for a Phil video coming sometime this week.

Dan is still trying to make it seem like they don't control the whole devan storyline.

Nah Dan, I donโ€™t think the production is holding your videos back.

Apparently Dan merch is coming. Lots of black involved.

He was being quite shouty for a large part of the ls.
Philena wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 pm Conspiracy theory: he taped the "ass" version just in case he got scared.
That thought had entered my mind especially when he pulled it up so fast.
hello9217
flower crown

Going back on what he said in his last video, making it clear that it's the last dan and phil tour, and solo dan merch modeled by friends (that we presumably don't know) idk this ls left me with a lot of feelings and not good ones...
alien
procrastinator

There was definitely a chaotic energy about this ls but I didn't get the sense that he was backtracking or no homoing anything. If the video was supposed to be a release of some sort for himself personally I don't think it worked the way he was hoping. But that could be me projecting because I have no clue why he does anything since I'm not in his head.

I don't like the thought of him getting a "proper" camera man or editor but that's just because I'm super nostalgic for og youtube.
scientia
phabergรฉ

hello9217 wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:07 pm Going back on what he said in his last video, making it clear that it's the last dan and phil tour, and solo dan merch modeled by friends (that we presumably don't know) idk this ls left me with a lot of feelings and not good ones...
YES! Me too!