Dan & Phil Part 67: Laughter, Food and Sex

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

This was a great episode! Phil looked great and so did Dan. Not sure what else to say but I’m glad Dab and Evan are getting more romantic and stuff, even if it is for.. the viewers? Idk.
:transheart:
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom
Pronouns: she/her

a) Phil looks gorgeous and I'm glad to see him embracing his hair pushed back off his forehead. I'm intrigued as to whether he'll keep it up, but it's cool that he's even entertaining the idea and it really does suit him. I prefer it to the fringe personally, and I'd love to see it stay, at least for a while!

b) I'm so glad they've decided to go ahead with the Dab/Evan storyline (for all Dan pretends like they had no control over it lmao), it's really refreshed the Sims series and I think it was exactly what the series needed. Both Dan and Phil looked lovely, and I thought the video was pretty entertaining. I laughed at Dans "couple of cloud gays" joke, and like others, the reference to their Jamaica trip really stood out to me. That was SUCH a long time ago, it's cute that they still talk about it :')
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

FUCK. I know a lot of really cute things happened in this video and I will at some point celebrate them, but all I could pay attention to was the fact that Phil fucking rocked the quiff and also that he's keeping it!!!

I also find it very interesting that neither he nor Dan brought it up in the video at all. I was almost expecting it and nothing. How very AmazingPhil of them...

Dab and Evan's romantic swim was something else and I think I actually gasped when Phil brought up Jamaica in the video. Not that any of it's that deep, but fuck it. I'm making it that deep.
whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 pm (also @alittledizzy the capybara part made me think of you lol)
LMAO. Literally same.
malday
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:45 pm
Also, I feel like I am missing something in what Phil says 11:59 "He [Dab] can be the leader, he'll take Evan wherever he wants to go" and Dan comments "That's the best sentence you've ever said". Is there some subtext here I'm not getting?
Just think of "wherever he wants to go" in a sexual context, and you'll get the gist
Or it could just be about traveling since Dan said before he likes to explore and experience everything when traveling and Phil is happy to just tag along?
ratlad
angel bean

malday wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 pm
Also, I feel like I am missing something in what Phil says 11:59 "He [Dab] can be the leader, he'll take Evan wherever he wants to go" and Dan comments "That's the best sentence you've ever said". Is there some subtext here I'm not getting?
Just think of "wherever he wants to go" in a sexual context, and you'll get the gist
Or it could just be about traveling since Dan said before he likes to explore and experience everything when traveling and Phil is happy to just tag along?
i just thought it was a cute comment that was personal to them? idk. im all here for dnp comparing their experiences to dab and evan
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
greenergrass
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 pm I also find it very interesting that neither he nor Dan brought it up in the video at all. I was almost expecting it and nothing. How very AmazingPhil of them...
Same! I was expecting it right after the intro, like the whole thing they do where it's like "phil, what's up with your hair today" "yeah I just wanted to try something different. what do you guys think?" "rocking the ol' quiff eh" (this was a very poor re-enactment of them, but you guys know the thing)
ratlad wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:22 pm
malday wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 pm
i just thought it was a cute comment that was personal to them? idk. im all here for dnp comparing their experiences to dab and evan
hey yeah you guys could totally be right. I just immediately took it the dirty way, but I like these more wholesome interpretations too

edit - I somehow fucked up the quote tags, help
edit again - nevermind, fixed it
Last edited by greenergrass on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Watching Dab and Evan is a bit like a slow burn fanfic, but I did really enjoy the video.

They both looked gorgeous, they both seemed to be in a good mood (Dan sweetie good to have you back), and I'm v happy to have quiff!Phil in video format. The video description really gives me hope the quiff is here to stay. :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a fun episode, loads of explorer action and some good bants, and I spent so much of it gazing at Phil. He looks like he’s done some contouring, he’s positively glowing, and in profile he looks especially pretty. Dan looks lovely too, and Phil leaning into him is so cute.
dontpanic
#relatable

They're sponning the tour by saying "Come see Phil's forehead in real life" in the description... now I'm regretting not buying tickets
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:24 pm
rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:02 pm I also find it very interesting that neither he nor Dan brought it up in the video at all. I was almost expecting it and nothing. How very AmazingPhil of them...
Same! I was expecting it right after the intro, like the whole thing they do where it's like "phil, what's up with your hair today" "yeah I just wanted to try something different. what do you guys think?" "rocking the ol' quiff eh" (this was a very poor re-enactment of them, but you guys know the thing)
This was actually a flawless reenactment, idk what you're on about. I also fully also expected Dan to poke at it.

I've been pondering the quiff, guys. And, beyond this just being something Phil is probably ready for in his life, I feel like this is part of them wanting Inactive Ingredients to represent a big step away from TATINOF and that entire image and the only thing really left was Phil's fringe.

I'm not saying a hairstyle is by any means representative of them growing up, but-- no, you know what? That's exactly what I'm saying. I think this is going to be the new and permanent look. This is going to be Dan and Phil, on stage, looking and being their most comfortable and natural (well, as much as one can be on a stage in front of thousands), talking about what they want to talk about. RIP Ye Olde Personas.

I'm really excited. More than anything else, Phil finally changing his hair is the thing that has gotten me most pumped for this tour. :woohoo:
hello9217
flower crown

rizzo wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 am
I'm not saying a hairstyle is by any means representative of them growing up, but-- no, you know what? That's exactly what I'm saying. I think this is going to be the new and permanent look. This is going to be Dan and Phil, on stage, looking and being their most comfortable and natural (well, as much as one can be on a stage in front of thousands), talking about what they want to talk about. RIP Ye Olde Personas.

I'm really excited. More than anything else, Phil finally changing his hair is the thing that has gotten me most pumped for this tour. :woohoo:
I am also even more excited for tour too. I understand it's just hair and we shouldn't place such an emphasis on it but it's hard not to. Phil's twitter handle literally used to be "the guy with the hair from Radio 1," him and Dan constantly made jokes about Phil being the last emo, Dan made whole video basically about it. We placed an emphasis on it because they did. When you thought emo fringe you thought Phil; it was part of his branding. When I used to casually watch them a couple years ago I never thought about either of their hairstyles, except for I thought it was amusing that they went the opposite directions of each others, and then I joined the phandom and that was always a topic of discussion. So I think this is quite a big step in the right direction!
I wish I knew why Phil decided to change it up, even though I know we will probably never get the answer, because in his 'reading a letter from my younger self' video he said he would quiff it up next year. I find it kind of amusing how they were basically both silent for five days and then all of a sudden Phil has a quiff.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

Phill looks so so so handsome, I love the quiff, now I need the tbc dates of interactive introverts for my happiness to be complete :'(
karma_yeah
philussy

Loved the video, and Phil's photo. I second @alittledizzy: those eyes, you could go swimming, etc.

I loved around 5:40 when they were choosing a place to stay, Dan said "They can come back and rent the magnificent villa when they’re rich businessmen when they’re 40”. He's already planning their future together :2022:
What goes around, comes around Image
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

phil stop dyeing the hair or tint the eyebrows darker because the current state is making me twitch more than usual when it's more visible
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
greenergrass
stress mushroom

rizzo wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 am
whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:24 pm
This was actually a flawless reenactment, idk what you're on about. I also fully also expected Dan to poke at it.
*bows* 100% accurate
I've been pondering the quiff, guys. And, beyond this just being something Phil is probably ready for in his life, I feel like this is part of them wanting Inactive Ingredients to represent a big step away from TATINOF and that entire image and the only thing really left was Phil's fringe.

You know what, I think you're right about this, at least partially. We know they're big on seeding things in advance (like with the moving flats for one example), and I know it's just hair so it's not a massive deal, but I do think the timing on this was planned. No, I don't think someone has to stay with one hairstyle forever, nor do I think that a hairstyle has to be a huge deal and hold lots of meaning. But I do think that Phil wanted to change up his style (and probably at least partly because he wanted a look that he maybe is now more comfortable with / suits him more at this stage), and he wanted to do so in a way that didn't seem too drastic. By that I mean I don't think he wanted to just rock up to the first II show with a new hairstyle. So he posted the picture first to let the fandom drool / have a meltdown (to each their own) over the new hair, then put it in the video casually without mentioning it, and then by the time the tour starts and he has this new hairstyle, it will be the normal hair for him.

Did I just write an essay on Phil's new hairstyle? Yes. Do I even care that much about his hair? No (I mean, the selfie was gorgeous, but I've never really been on one side of the fringe vs quiff debate). But apparently I felt this was a useful contribution to the forum, so *josh ramsay voice* you're welcome, internet.
autumnhearth
senpai

I rewatched the Sims video with the husband and was able to take in a bit more than just Phil’s pretty face. All I came here to point out is that they are now using the big yellow question mark block from TATINOF as a side table for their ghost lamp. I’m not sure what the Tetris light is sitting on, but it’s sitting on something. Moving 2.0 less likely?

Hubby also noticed that the house Dab and Evan are staying at has only one bed (though they will probably just be camping in the leopard print tent). Phil also was delighted by Evan’s mirror butt. Or perhaps just to be able to say ‘mirror butt’ again. It’s the simple things.
pilotlight
#relatable

Those pictures of Phil, damn. :fan: :faint: Love it. I'm not anti-fringe but I do think the quiff suits him.

The video was cute even if I was a little worried that they were gonna get Dab or Evan killed by a snake or spider. (Can Sims die accidentally on vacation??) Wouldn't have guess there would be danger from sloths though. :lol:
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

idek what happened in the vid, I couldn't stop staring at phil <3 :stan: :love1:
JustMarie
drama llama

A little late but I liked today's video even though is Sims. I'm happy that Dan is not in that salty mood anymore, it stressed me out a lot and I couldn't enjoy their latest gaming videos.

But enough of that. Phil with that quiff, daaaaamn! :philtrash:
I'm so excited neither of them are in the "emo phase" anymore (I hope so) :yippee:

Also, am I the only one who feels a little weird about this? Like what's happening right now is unreal (talking about Phil's quiff). Because we always kept talking about how we wished Phil removes his fringe and stays with the quiff but now that it's actually happening (I hope) it feels like a dream, like this is not reality. I felt the same feeling when Dan began with his curly hair... or maybe I'm just weird.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sims timestamps :)

:56 - Zoom in on dan's face when phil leans in. Only noteworthy because I want Phil from every angle in this shirt and I was deprived one within the first minute.
1:15 - "I've never been readier, Dan." "... good?"
1:26 - Dan's gross knuckle clicking.
1:53 - For some reason it being Saturday is relevant to Dan and Phil, even though they definitely never send Dab to school or do his homework.
1:35 - Dead grandma mention.
2:15 - Phil rightfully interrupting Dan to point out Nuki zoomies.
2:56 - Phil calls Dan out for a misspeak (Dav not Dab).
3:02 - Dan saying 'oh, for fucks' sake' in a Northern accent.
3:05 - Dan wants to transform something from their anniversary, Phil refuses.
3:50 - Brokeback Mountain moment. (I love Phil specifying 'in the tent' when Dan tries to throw in plausible deniability.)
4:20 - Dan: Their friendship will get them through anything. Phil: Friendship. (Do they realize nonstop using friendship as the blanket term for Dab and Evan even though Dab and Evan are clearly gearing up for some romancey times just feels really meta?)
5:00 - 2012 Dan gets a shoutout.
5:11 - Really obvious jumpcut.
5:38 - Shitty trip now when they're young, they'll come back and rent the expensive villa when they're forty year old rich businessmen.
6:18 - Phil mumbling cuteness when Phil makes a joke and Dan has to ask if he's joking.
6:29 - Two bros sitting on a sofa, one feet apart.
7:32 - Phil singing Vampire Weekend. Phil's laughing apology.
9:20 - First, I love how Phil is leaning with his hand against his face. Second, Phil mentions the water bottle as "one of those festival things."
9:53 - Natural Phil voice when he asks if Dan chose Evan or the old man. Look, I'm gonna get repetitive here, I've been trying to resist myself. But I am all about everything Phil is and chose to be in this video.
10:33 - Dan cannot resist the pun: "Theyre a couple of cloud gays."
11:00 - Phil needs stylist themed outfits before they can proceed into the jungle.
12:01 - Dan saying "That's the best sentence you've ever said." and more Phil natural voice.
12:41 - CAPYBARA ENCOUNTER. 0/10 do not accept this capybara representation (though the art is super cute).
13:56 - Phil quickly tries to appease the angry Taylor Swift stans before the have time to sharpen the pitch forks.
14:40 - Indiana Dab. No.
16:10 - Very important to take a selfie that shows nothing of the actual scenic background.
17:05 - Suddenly, Sloths! I like the learning moment about what a group of sloths is called.
18:26 - Jamaica mention! The thing they jumped off of was too high.
18:39 - Phil rubs his ear then touches his eyebrow within five seconds of each other. Does he even know what to do with his hands without fixing a splinge every three seconds?
20:18 - This is the ova episode.
22:00 - What teen date did you ever go on like that? I don't know, Dan. How was Portugal again?
22:28 - Simple curves of a dual shock 4.
22:36 - Phil's hand in front of his face again. Cute cute.
22:45 - They share a look at Phil saying the rose would be "a bit sharp and thorny" (to be stored in the pants).
onomatopoeia
squish

damn i paid zero attention to what was happening in the sims bc i kept staring at phil. he looks so good i literally could not tear my eyes away. is this his scheme for getting us to watch the videos twice? because it sure is working for me! :lol:
annabanana
sofa crease

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:51 am I rewatched the Sims video with the husband and was able to take in a bit more than just Phil’s pretty face. All I came here to point out is that they are now using the big yellow question mark block from TATINOF as a side table for their ghost lamp. I’m not sure what the Tetris light is sitting on, but it’s sitting on something. Moving 2.0 less likely?
Wow so distracted by hair and outfits that I didn't even notice the background changed. Good catch! Is there a possibility that they would keep the filming flat even if they were moving (under the assumption they are in two separate flats now)?
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
neetbuzzer
delia smith
Pronouns: he/him/tired

haven't even watched it yet but

god bless
ImageImage
no one would talk to you on fur affinity
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Reading dizzy's timestamps made me realize that I payed absolutely no attention to anything that actually happened in that video, I was just staring at Phil the entire time :shock:
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

give phil a quiff and suddenly he's no longer capita£ester! unless i missed something in my tired, sick haze, there was no #spon in this video. no cheeky tour plug, no dan wearing his new merch like they usually do with merch releases... are they okay?
Image Image