Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Okay I need all of those outtakes from their little photo shoot

Ugh I'm already very satisfied with this liveshow haha

(Edit: top of the page with this pointlessness? Really?)
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liola
rankussy

Jesus he looks incredible <3 <3 <3 :garbage: :wahh: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears: :happytears:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
applegrass
dank meme

Something weird has happened rn.
I unsubscribed from DanAndPhilGAMES in December and only watched a few videos on the channel since then.
Now I opened my subscription box, and it is there, with notification turned. I am pretty sure I haven't done this accidentally (I am clumsy, right, but not that clumsy). No one else has access to my account.
So what? YouTube just randomly decided to subscribe me back? It's slightly creepy.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

applegrass wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 pm Something weird has happened rn.
I unsubscribed from DanAndPhilGAMES in December and only watched a few videos on the channel since then.
Now I opened my subscription box, and it is there, with notification turned. I am pretty sure I haven't done this accidentally (I am clumsy, right, but not that clumsy). No one else has access to my account.
So what? YouTube just randomly decided to subscribe me back? It's slightly creepy.
YouTube joined your subscriptions with your YT Gaming subscriptions. You probably got an email about that (check your spam filter). I am not sure about the specifics but I was also re-subbed to a lot of channels that I had unsubbed from a while ago.
So no hacking, just some weird transition from YT's side!

(wow sorry for all my post spam right now)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Wow Phil being a good bf and promoting Dan's merch and wearing it in a gaming video? Wonderful (I mean what else can we expect from Capita£ester?)

Damn, that fortnite story was lovely to hear as well

Edit: okay I should stop posting every few seconds but I'm glad to hear that they're going to utilize instagram stories now, as well as hearing how excited Phil is about the tour. It's really nice
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm Wow Phil being a good bf and promoting Dan's merch and wearing it in a gaming video? Wonderful (I mean what else can we expect from Capita£ester?)

Edit: okay I should stop posting every few seconds but I'm glad to hear that they're going to utilize instagram stories now, as well as hearing how excited Phil is about the tour. It's really nice
I’m actually following your posts and people on twitter as I’m at a concert and can’t watch it :lol:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

LtrllySusan wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:05 pm Going on YouNow to spam F5 when I saw...

RIP Fringe :happytears:

Time to update that?

edit: Oh and RIP Febreeze... are you ok @Catallena
I'm not watching the liveshow but tbh, now that I know my arch nemesis is gone I feel oddly... empty? What is my purpose in life now that I can't complain about that scam artist anymore? I'm gonna need some time to get over this.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
greenergrass
stress mushroom

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm Wow Phil being a good bf and promoting Dan's merch and wearing it in a gaming video? Wonderful (I mean what else can we expect from Capita£ester?)

Sounds like a good liveshow. Can't wait to get home and watch! (and don't apologize for the updates. I can rarely watch liveshows actually live, so I live for these kind of updates)
fieldoflovers
living flop

missemma wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:14 pm Phil rocking the Jughead look tonight in that jacket :heart:

If only we knew someone obsessed with Jughead.

Also phil’s liveshow is exactly what i needed today, more people will probs do timestamps but i’m just gonna point out how cute it was that Phil knew dan’s birthday would be in poland cause they’ve probably talked abt it and that makes me so happy.

Also interesting that the liveshow was only 50 mins, i wish i got to see him for longer.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Well that was just wonderful. <3 Not on youtube again for anyone looking to watch it back (which I highly recommend!) but it's on his tumblr which I think is better because it can't be edited.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ugh I've missed him/his liveshows so much. And he was so candid about so many things - whining about the flu shot and about Dan betraying him, reassuring us he wasn't flexing for the doctor (idk something about how he said it made me laugh), talking about how he overdramatizes things in his head, the whole weird tangent of a Martyn story that was hilarious, talking about Dan making sure he doesn't get too stressed playing Fortnite, the Harry Styles dream, saying they're gonna do Instagram stories, how he's already excited for Dan's birthday while they're on tour, wanting to be smacked in the face by Thor...

It might have only been forty minutes but that was personally the most quality content I could have possibly asked for.
starwatersong
phabergé

Really wonderful live show and lovely to see Phil looking and sounding so great! <3

(See ya, Fabrice. You had a good run. All hail the new hairdresser).
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm Ugh I've missed him/his liveshows so much. And he was so candid about so many things - whining about the flu shot and about Dan betraying him, reassuring us he wasn't flexing for the doctor (idk something about how he said it made me laugh), talking about how he overdramatizes things in his head, the whole weird tangent of a Martyn story that was hilarious, talking about Dan making sure he doesn't get too stressed playing Fortnite, the Harry Styles dream, saying they're gonna do Instagram stories, how he's already excited for Dan's birthday while they're on tour, wanting to be smacked in the face by Thor...

It might have only been forty minutes but that was personally the most quality content I could have possibly asked for.
This made me even more excited to watch thr ls.

How did dan betray him with the flu shot? I'm also intrigued by this harry styles dream. Did it involve harry growing out of his stomach? And dan making sure he doesn't get stressed playing fortnite sounds so domestic
alien
procrastinator

Phil somehow managed to include Dan in every topic he covered in this liveshow lol

I'm so excited for tour and them using instastories. I hope that actually happens!

I always find myself just smiling the entire time during a Phil ls. I love him.

Just things I remember w/o rewatching:
He doesn't have Fabrice cut his hair any more :stan: and asked the new stylist about new styles, he also talked about hair products, he's happy about no more splinges.
He loved Queer Eye, it made him cry, and his fave is Bobby who does the home reno.
He hasn't seen Love, Simon but will probably save it for a plane ride until someone in chat tells him that it'll make him cry and now he's not sure when he'll watch it lol.
He saw and like Annihilation.
They're doing lots of tour planning, have a timeline of it now.
He won't get a succulent because Dan already has many and he's like a "plant uncle" to them lol.
He told a story about Martyn getting a couple injections when he volunteered for a medical study and he passed out and got carpet burn on his forehead.

That's all I can remember but it was a good ls!
nephilimcat
woodland creature

Bless Phil for doing a quiff ls while I've actually got the time to watch it. It's been a while since I've had the energy to sit through a ls. It was lovely, Phil was lovely. And he looks so good if only he'd ditch the contacts completely :inlove: I'm excited to see them on tour again, I've had my doubts lately and felt a bit disconnected but the Sims video, the new pic of Phil, and this ls have brought me back. Or maybe it's just bc I'm not working for 11 days and am finally relaxed enough to actually enjoy their content.
pulvis et umbra sumus
liola
rankussy

That was truly a quality liveshow, I was surprised when I noticed it only lasted 50 minutes because he was so candid and open and just in the moment it felt longer in the best way. He looked really pleased by the nice reaction to the hair, he was more nervous about it and not saying it was a definite change, just testing it out, then finished the liveshow basically telling us he's planning on keeping this hairstyle for tour as well. Idk it just warmed my heart. And damn he looks gorgeous as well.

I loved all the sweet domestic moments he shared, the small Dan mentions, this is what I thrive for, nothing major, just casual domestic stories.

His enthusiasm for tour is so contagious, I truly cant wait now! And yes to instagram stories, I'm curious and excited to see how they'll get on with that!

All in all that liveshow was a 10/10 for me <3
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
autumnhearth
senpai

Grrr didn’t get an alert from his Tumblr even though I have notifications on for him, I even went to his page a couple times and it wasn’t there, but then there were reblogs in my feed at about 4:15, so I don’t know how much I missed, he was talking about hair products.

So the fwiff was messing with my mind a bit in this ls. On the one had he looks older and more mature, but he also looks younger and fresher and more animated and a lot of his facial expressions remind me of old school vids and fetus Phil photos. It’s kinda trippy, but he looks good.

“Qury” = “Queer Cry” was great. The story about Martyn signing up for medical testing for extra money at Uni was amusing. The little test he and Dan developed to see when he needed a break from Fortnite was adorable (it was “Yee!” Right?) I was a bit weirded out by him calling himself the “uncle” of Dan’s succulents. Looking forward to him wearing Dan merch in the next gaming vid (I’m going to guess it will be the Don’t Talk To Me Shirt and maybe Dan will wear the Eclipse, because we all love coordinating husbands). Over all it was just really good to see and listen to Phil again.
Last edited by autumnhearth on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

That was such a lovely and nice liveshow. :D
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm Ugh I've missed him/his liveshows so much. And he was so candid about so many things - whining about the flu shot and about Dan betraying him, reassuring us he wasn't flexing for the doctor (idk something about how he said it made me laugh), talking about how he overdramatizes things in his head, the whole weird tangent of a Martyn story that was hilarious, talking about Dan making sure he doesn't get too stressed playing Fortnite, the Harry Styles dream, saying they're gonna do Instagram stories, how he's already excited for Dan's birthday while they're on tour, wanting to be smacked in the face by Thor...

Totally agree with this.

Also really excited for them to use instagram stories during the tour. :ribena:
hello9217
flower crown

I loved that liveshow. It was so good and had a lot of updates in it. He seemed to be so happy and I liked him talking about all the new products he got for his hair, so cute! Just a lovely liveshow all around
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That was a good one. It is weird seeing more of his face, though, and his eyebrows are more noticeable.

The doctor story was adorable, especially compared to how calm Dan was.

I think the lava lamp was blooping away in the background, bit surprised he didn’t mention it.
malday
emo goose

What kind of weird cute-ass system was that where the level of stress is measured by the pitch of the yee meme?! They are on a different plane of existence!
dancy
procrastinator

Boy, did I miss that guy and his live shows! I loved every single bit of it :love2: He was really chatty, told so many lovely anecdotes and I'm excited for them to start using IG stories!

I hope he'll do another one in the upcoming 5 weeks before the tour starts or a joint one would be nice as well!
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

what a great liveshow god i missed phil :love2: :love2: :love2:
he looked so amazing, i liked the fringe but i'm really loving the quiff and this denim jacket is my absolute favourite on him <3 loved his happy, confident and relaxed mood !! i wish he stayed longer and we got liveshows more often but if he's always gonna be this open and delightful when he does them, i can't be mad

some random timestamps (except they're not actually time stamps because i forgot to write down the times) under the cut:
- the quiff might or might not stay?
- he thinks "who's that guy" when he sees himself in a mirror now
- lots of hair care talk
-dan is a "photographer extraordinaire" .. at least one of them gives credit where it's due. also shows extras of the photoshoot, cute af
- things phil calls himself : a boy on edge and a chilly philly
- dan has thicc curly hair
- phil has controversial opinions on bretzel. he shares them anyway. what a brave dude
- cute martyn story
- starts saying "when a guy flexes his arm" then catches himself and says he doesn't know why he said that because anyone can flex their armes
- had a flu jab (with dan). i mean couples who get vaccinated together stay together?
- he was not flexing for the doctor
- dan told him it didn't hurt but it was painful for him. first thought: "dan is a betrayer"
- we get a 2 for 1 promo : capitalester & good boyfriend!phil saying he's gonna wear dan's merch in the next gaming vid and calls it very dan.
- says he's a bad liar then acts extremely cute for a minute not wanting to give hints about his merch which is coming at some point later this year!!
- him & dan have a test to check if he's too stressed when playing fortnite that involves some cute noises :cry:
- hairy styles dream
- they're thinking of posting IG stories during tour !! Y E S bring me that soft live domestic content
- talks about queer eye and how he cried a lot. his fave is the home renovation guy
- dan won't give him ownership of the succulents so he's just the "fun uncle" (dad)
- might watch love simon on the plane
- devan is happening guys
- phil wants to be smacked in the face by thor
- this put me in such a good mood i love phil
DatCog
blobfish

Well that was just delightful!

Here's the other quiff pics that someone kindly grabbed on Tumblr:
hello9217
flower crown

hello9217 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 pm I loved that liveshow. It was so good and had a lot of updates in it. He seemed to be so happy and I liked him talking about all the new products he got for his hair, so cute! Just a lovely liveshow all around
Also I forgot to mention that when he was talking about his merch and said he couldn't read the chat because he was bad at lying so it would give it away...well all the chat was saying socks so I think it's a good possibility for sock merch