Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:42 pm
snokoplasmic wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:50 am
pearshaped34 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am Off topic but I just decided to re-watch some the the radio stuff and have only just now realized that Tahani in The Good Place is played by Jameela Jamil the woman who used to do the chart show before Dan and Phil's show and compare them to celebrity couples and my mind is blown. :lol:
Have either of them ever mentioned that as I think maybe Phil has mentioned they watch?
Yeah, I remember Phil talking about that in a liveshow, said something about loving The Good Place, and then realizing that Jameela was in it and was like "omg that's Jameela!" lol, I can't remember which liveshow it was, but it's somewhere out there :D
Yep, he said he had a hard time picturing her as her actual self now, instead of her character :lol: I took a scroll through some ls timestamps but couldn’t see it. I think it was before Christmas.
Phil talked about The Good Place in his 16th November liveshow, the same one where he introduced us to the mince pie list!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

If anyone missed what @mermaid blood quoted out from the Jim and Chels stream before (where Chels said she's ambivalent, Jimmy said they're sweet and he likes them) - @corininin managed to grab the ls before it got deleted and clipped that out as well as the later "situation" part!

allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

let the man lick his chips in peace, phillip
Image Image
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:06 pm If anyone missed what @mermaid blood quoted out from the Jim and Chels stream before (where Chels said she's ambivalent, Jimmy said they're sweet and he likes them) - @corininin managed to grab the ls before it got deleted and clipped that out as well as the later "situation" part!
Thanks corininin!

I wonder if Jimmy was shaking his head at her or anything off camera as well. It's such a weird thing to be asking a pair of strangers about the private lives of another pair of strangers who are ~80% all strangers to each other (not that asking close friends is any better lol). And even after Jimmy said they've got nothing to tell. Like if the person asking was an actual viewer of D&P's, then it's kind of funny that that person probably knows more about what Dan and Phil get up to (their situation) than Jimmy and Chels would. Frankly they should be asking the viewer what's going on with Dan and Phil, more information would have been available in that direction. It's kind of weird to think about sometimes that nobody that could be called their peers are keeping up with all the gaming/videos, liveshows, etc. (like imagine trying to keep up with everybody you know's content, all of it, if you were in that world too, there'd be no way, and also: why would you want to), so they don't have any clue how Dan and Phil present themselves, other than not being together. And the person asking if D&P are gay was probably asking in a badly-phrased way if they're together, which isn't a question anybody but D&P are in a position to answer. And if that person was actually just asking 'are they gay' with no other baggage, well obviously nobody else is in a position to answer that question for them either but in terms of how they deal with their own sexualities online, with only what, instagram and twitter to go on, maybe a main channel vid here and there, their peers and YT-friendquaintances honestly have less of a clue about that than their viewers. Like there's not ~knowing and then there's actually just not knowing. And somebody who doesn't ~know asking people who don't. know. is pretty funny. Chels said 'we all know the situation with D&P' but do we? Does she? Was she calling them gay or together? Both? 'We all think we know the situation with D&P' would have been more accurate. We all know, and we all don't know, all at once. The internet's weird.

Anyway more importantly, I had a dream last night that Phil's shop launched (apparently my subconscious is hyped?) and it was shop.philshop.com which is the only url I will accept from him now.
edit: actually I'll also accept shop.shopphilshop.com since he can make use of 'shop' as a verb and really cement his capitalist branding
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

fancybum wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 pm Anyway more importantly, I had a dream last night that Phil's shop launched (apparently my subconscious is hyped?) and it was shop.philshop.com which is the only url I will accept from him now.
edit: actually I'll also accept shop.shopphilshop.com since he can make use of 'shop' as a verb and really cement his capitalist branding
I'll be happy as long as he or someone else buys capitalester.com or .co.uk and makes it redirect to the shop.
fancybum
senpai

LtrllySusan wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:41 pm
fancybum wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:27 pm Anyway more importantly, I had a dream last night that Phil's shop launched (apparently my subconscious is hyped?) and it was shop.philshop.com which is the only url I will accept from him now.
I'll be happy as long as he or someone else buys capitalester.com or .co.uk and makes it redirect to the shop.
shop.shopcapitalestershop.shop
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

I know the conversation has changed a bit but I just want to know if Dan is actually a furry I will be happy because I’m openly a furry on the Internet. However if he’s not that’s okay too. I just don’t think he’s joking about this because he’s been doing it for so long. That’s just me though.
:transheart:
karma_yeah
philussy

autumnhearth wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:10 am
See I do agree that ‘I think it’s just to hide that you’re secretly a furry’ could be analogy for ‘to hide that you’re secretly in a relationship with Phil’, but the two don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
This is an analogy that has crossed my mind before. Partly because I think Phil has a clear affinity for animals, and sometimes blurs the lines (cat whiskers, saying "arf" and other animal sounds frequently). He's always wanting to cuddle something, as does Dan. I think "furry-like behavior" made Dan more attractive to Phil; the photos from their first halloween together come to mind. We don't really have any archival information/videos from Dan prior to meeting Phil to know if it was something he was into before he met Phil, but there are plenty of times they've dabbled together afterwards, like wearing animal onesies, even casually around the house. And I'm not saying it's a necessarily sexual thing at all.

So to me, it would make sense that "closet furry" comments could also do double duty as a way of acknowledging or referring to his relationship with Phil.
What goes around, comes around Image
sparkle
blobfish

karma_yeah wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:56 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:10 am
See I do agree that ‘I think it’s just to hide that you’re secretly a furry’ could be analogy for ‘to hide that you’re secretly in a relationship with Phil’, but the two don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
This is an analogy that has crossed my mind before. Partly because I think Phil has a clear affinity for animals, and sometimes blurs the lines (cat whiskers, saying "arf" and other animal sounds frequently). He's always wanting to cuddle something, as does Dan. I think "furry-like behavior" made Dan more attractive to Phil; the photos from their first halloween together come to mind. We don't really have any archival information/videos from Dan prior to meeting Phil to know if it was something he was into before he met Phil, but there are plenty of times they've dabbled together afterwards, like wearing animal onesies, even casually around the house. And I'm not saying it's a necessarily sexual thing at all.

So to me, it would make sense that "closet furry" comments could also do double duty as a way of acknowledging or referring to his relationship with Phil.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some form of an analogy - it would be an interesting euphemism. And it would be extremely, extremely clever.

(this post has also dragged up memories of my 16/17 year old self who was a bit too into cats. Brb i'm now cringing at myself)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

THE QUIFF IS BACK!!! :stan: also, both are in dan's merch and my soul is very happy.
Image Image
alch
ar·tic·u·late

what? britney mention without a failed attempt to sing toxic? is this really dan and phil that i'm watching??
sparkle
blobfish

I'M DEAD.

I'M ACTUALLY DEAD.

CHEEKY BUM SEX KILLED ME.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
SquishPhan
capita£ester

:rofl: I was not expecting them to play this, so I'm happily surprised. It was very fun to watch. Will be rewatching it for sure.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Whew, that was a ride. I’m surprised I only remember one of those cards from Dan’s video with Tyler, the cheeky bum sex. The rest were all unique to this, I think. Pretty funny and some great reactions especially Dan and the cute tiny pig. They both look gorgeous too, Phil looks even better in this one than the last one. Aside from all black, long-sleeved tops look great on him.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

A few moments I found to be notable:
3:41-Phil (but really both of them) totally start blushing lmao
9:27-Dan giving Phil elevator eyes

Otherwise (demon-ness aside), the video was a solid 9/10 for me. Some good bants, and I always like to see them be more "explicitly adult". I'm sort of a sucker for cards against humanity though, despite the fad surrounding it being long dead.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

This video was a blessing. That’s all I can say
:transheart:
blackdenim
procrastinator

Did anyone else think it looked a bit like Phil was wearing highlighter on his cheekbones? I noticed it particularly at the end! If that's what it was, it really suited him.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

I'm going to say it:This is(without a doubt) my favourite video of all time !
:newyear:
bluebox-away
woodland creature

I don't think I've fully processed all of this yet, but that video was such a ride I felt the need to immediately rush to IDB for the first time in months. (Yes, I know, it's been forever - insert it's been 84 years gif - I have missed you all but let's just say academia is somewhat hellish..)

My main takeaway so far is the moment at 8.14 - that was a serious look from Daniel after the sex chat..
Also, based on how rude I know CAH can get, I feel like this was a filtered subset of the normal UK pack so I'm pretty surprised we still got some of the cards that we got.
Almost makes me think that penultimate round was a deliberate set up :illuminati:
06/04/2016 - I found The Weakest Link :ninja:
Gif credit: IckleMissMayhem
kavat
pastel persona

I never in my life thought I would hear Phil say cheeky bum sex in a video. And I'm now slightly scared about what's actually going to happen at II.
malday
emo goose

That video was something else, even if they watered the game down there were so many funny moments!

Also, what are they going to subject themselves to on tour? Are they going to play that game that shocks your finger, are they going to punish themselves with an electrical muscle stimulation device?
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

what a wild ride of a video, I loved all of it!!
also, I want to write a whole poem book for Phil in black and with his hair like that, they both look amazing btw
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Very fun video, they didn't let it get as lewd as it could be (which makes sense given their average audience age). Still really fun, love phil in black long sleeves, appreciated the cheeky tour mention. Solid 8/10 very very cute.
Also I full on snORted at the tone Phil had when he read, "grave robbing!"
greenergrass
stress mushroom

malday wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 pm That video was something else, even if they watered the game down there were so many funny moments!

Also, what are they going to subject themselves to on tour? Are they going to play that game that shocks your finger, are they going to punish themselves with an electrical muscle stimulation device?
Yeah, I already mentioned this somewhere else, but I have a feeling they were talking about some sort of TENS machine for shocking each other when they got answers wrong for some sort of question thing? It would explain how "50,000 volts straight to the nipples" could relate to anything at II. But hey, I'm all for the more creative interpretations of this, so bring on the theories!

Also, that video was great.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

malday wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 pm That video was something else, even if they watered the game down there were so many funny moments!

Interactive Introverts? more like kinky electro-stim exhibition with neon! :ASs: :jd: 8-)
I'm so sorry