Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

That’s a lovely photo and his key word does seem to be “trying” lately.
starwatersong
phabergé

kavat wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 pm Love the picture, they really do well in being each others personal photographers. I wonder why he didn't tweet it though?
Perhaps for this reason?
Last edited by alittledizzy on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

KatjaZoe wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:38 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 pm Just thought of this now, but wouldn't he look lovely with a nostril ring (silver, a la Troye Sivan) or like a septum ring? Or maybe some sort of industrial ear piercing?
Yes, i would love a more pierced Dan! Especially the industrial bar in his ear, i think he could really rock that look. (maybe i'm biased cause i have that piercing)

On another note, has anyone that ordered some of Dan's new merch received it or gotten and email that it shipped yet? I'm p sure I remember it saying on the website that they would ship March 23, but I haven't gotten an email saying they've sent it yet. I'm sure its probably just because they got an overwhelming amount of orders, but I was just wondering if this is normal? This is the first time i've ever ordered any of their merch, does it often take a long time to ship? I'm in america so i was prepared for it to take a while to get here, but I thought they would have at least sent it out by now
Yes, I think he would totally suit most piercings if they were in like a delicate silver material. I also think Phil would particularly suit a lip ring or something similar. <3
kavat
pastel persona

starwatersong wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:22 pm
kavat wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:57 pm Love the picture, they really do well in being each others personal photographers. I wonder why he didn't tweet it though?
Perhaps for this reason?
I thought it might be something like that, but he did tweet the one with the sequin jacket a while back... Maybe that was an exception.
starwatersong
phabergé

kavat wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm
I thought it might be something like that, but he did tweet the one with the sequin jacket a while back... Maybe that was an exception.
Probably because he looked so damned good in that picture! <3
alch
ar·tic·u·late

starwatersong wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:40 pm
kavat wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm
Probably because he looked so damned good in that picture! <3
what picture does he not though
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

dan would have a problem with an industrial piercing, or, at least phil would perhaps.
you know, poor limb control philly will accidentally tug at it or something. industrials take a year or two to heal and they hurt apparently! I don't think dan will mind that though because of his pain kink lmao.
i think phil would suit an eyebrow piercing tbh, but i don't see him getting one ever in his life. dan would look nice with a cartilage on his right!! that picture is so nice! i love the coat, i want it!!!!! his hair looks so soft

edit: nevermind, i'm too poor for that coat
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
citizen_erased
truth bomb

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 pm
Ok real talk but when is Dan going to become a model, because imo he looks way better in this than the model on the website

Although I do agree the photo would've been even better with some kind of earring/piercing, but I might be biased here because I want more piercings in my own ears.
dontpanic
#relatable

citizen_erased wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:25 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:57 pm
Ok real talk but when is Dan going to become a model, because imo he looks way better in this than the model on the website

Although I do agree the photo would've been even better with some kind of earring/piercing, but I might be biased here because I want more piercings in my own ears.
If Marcus Butler can be a runway model for big-name designers Dan sure as hell can (just work on that posture, yo). Come on Danny, give the people what they want :ribena:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

whatdoiknow wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 pm Love the subtext in the caption. Keep on trying man, you're getting there.
autumnhearth wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm That’s a lovely photo and his key word does seem to be “trying” lately.
+1

other observations:
in it's un-worn state it looks like a bit like a condom.
dan's top lip looks nice faintly stubbly. i think that picture is conveying a more mature look to me than we usually get.
art in avatar by lily
kavat
pastel persona

Okay we may have mocked Phabergé but the other day I saw Fabergé easter eggs in the store, beautiful tin eggs filled with chocolate priced at about €20. I didn't buy one but I was damn close. I hope they send one to Phil for keeping them top on mind.
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

oh they're pretty. and you could use them to store things afterwards! come on Fabs spoil ya boy(s)
how domestic tweet opportunity sad would it be if they sent a goodies bag addressed only to phil and he ate them all in front of dan...

edit: quoting myself from the IDB 2 year anniversary/birthday thread! in case anyone missed it, if you're not able to see our lovely celebratory header:
mermaid blood wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:46 am
FYI: if you can't see the anniversary header, google how to do a "hard refresh" on your system/browser. for Mac + Chrome: hold down up arrow, shift, and click the refresh button!
top of your IDB should look like this right now:

we have more treats planned, so keep checking back in the About this Forum section every time you visit, visible from the index page! :6-year-old dan: :babuse: :elephant:
art in avatar by lily
susan2
rainbow nerd

Did the winner of the #BackEgg design competition ever get their $500 prize from Fabergé?
(from social media postings it doesn't look like it).

If that's the case I'd hope, if he's aware of it, Phil doesn't mention them ever again.
autumnhearth
senpai

^^ nice! :ribena:

Speaking of eggs and Easter. My son got his basket early, as we will be heading back home on Easter day, so he has more time to enjoy his treats. I’d like to say that the pastel Dan and Phil plushies are enjoying Florida, but during their first couple hours out of their plastic bags they were forced to watch sports on tv (basketball championships) and now they are both shut inside a glass front bedside table with a llama plushie for company. Dan literally cannot escape his old branding. They sure are cute though.
sparkle
blobfish

That photo of Dan makes me want to send him a petition to get his rook pierced because a. it's my favourite ear piercing followed by anti-tragus and daith, b. its the only cartilage piercing apart from my nose that my body has successfully kept, c. HE HAS PERFECT EARS FOR PIERCING WTF I'M SO JEALOUS.

for those who have no idea wtf i'm on about, this is what I mean; I adore mine and want more people to appreciate them :lol: I love piercings, I'm trying to get my lobes to heal some nasty scar tissue so I can get them re-pierced (yay allergic reactions to nickel) and I'm so, so close and yet so far.

also...

am I allowed to be hyped about Easter Baking yet?? (because I doubt we'll be getting a Dan video anytime soon even though I would give my leg for one)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

sparkle wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:11 pm That photo of Dan makes me want to send him a petition to get his rook pierced because a. it's my favourite ear piercing followed by anti-tragus and daith, b. its the only cartilage piercing apart from my nose that my body has successfully kept, c. HE HAS PERFECT EARS FOR PIERCING WTF I'M SO JEALOUS.

for those who have no idea wtf i'm on about, this is what I mean; I adore mine and want more people to appreciate them :lol: I love piercings, I'm trying to get my lobes to heal some nasty scar tissue so I can get them re-pierced (yay allergic reactions to nickel) and I'm so, so close and yet so far.

also...

am I allowed to be hyped about Easter Baking yet?? (because I doubt we'll be getting a Dan video anytime soon even though I would give my leg for one)
Mmm yes rook piercings look fabulous! I think it'd look really cool of Dan got a couple of scattered piercings on his right ear (something about multiple piercings on the ear opposite the parting side looks cool - does that make any sense?).
That article made me want to get my rook pierced :lol: .
Maybe I'll try convincing my mum to let me have it for Christmas? It took me a year to open her up to the idea of getting the right side of my nose pierced (getting it done in June!)...
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Easter baking confirmed! And this is super cute! Now the real question is: will this year's baking feature something demonic?
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Yay to the easter baking confirmation! Also I love it when they do Make-A-Wish events. So sweet.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I just love that even with tour only being a month away and their probably insane schedule rn, they still make time to do Make A Wish things.

And yay Easter Baking!
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

obsessivelymoody wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:50 pm Easter baking confirmed! Now the real question is: will this year's feature something demonic?
Oh, you beat me to posting this! I'm hoping they find a way to weave in an April Fools prank, but that's just me. (also, it's always so sweet to see them do Make A Wish- that little girl got to see Phil's quiff irl, so she basically lived out my dream)

... also, a bit belated, but Dan's insta pic yesterday was amazing :love2:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
annabanana
sofa crease

So cute! But wth did Dan make on his cake???
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
obvsly
#relatable

The fact that Dan's gingerbread man dresses like his pastel edit self... I'm... :love2:

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Omfg that is the cutest Make a Wish activity I’ve seen them do, I think it beats even the meerkats just for sweet wholesomeness. I’m glad they showed off the finished product, I wasn’t sure what Phil’s purple blob could be. I think Dan’s is a poppy, btw.
scientia
phabergé

Phil looks great in pink!