Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

ratlad wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 pm they're uploading in 5 minutes...... just a guess... since it would be exactly 24 hrs since phil posted the teaser for it yesterday...
i have lied to you all, my friends. i am sorry.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
hello9217
flower crown

I loved that so much. Imo it was much better than last years-sorry but the wigs totally ruined it for me last year. Also the treats they made actually turned out really well. Their baking videos are typically pretty great and this one did not disappoint. Also as a side note thank God Phil has embraced the quiff he looked so good. Also dan looked amazing as well. All in all i loved it <3
ratlad
angel bean

THAT WAS GOOD AS HELL
they put a lot of emphasis on the sticks but didn't even use them properly
this was cute i loved it so much!!!!!!
also, the entirety of that bread kneading segment had a lot of sexual tension... nobody asked for that but i guess it's inevitable in twentygayteen, so go off i guess!
Last edited by ratlad on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm not sure what I just watched, but I do know I liked it.
Not my fave baking vid, but still one I'll rewatch.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I think I need to give it another watch because although I enjoyed it something just seemed strange! Like they were purposely more hyper and over the top than usual. Their baking videos are fab but I think this is my least favourite one! The bunny faces were super cute but not particularly a difficult bake (and almost the same as the cookies they did years ago!)

Im gonna rewatch it tomorrow and will give my final verdict then! LOL to the empty fridge though, add that to the list of two flats, one for filming! Also, I couldn’t not notice the rack in the oven was almost on its side and Dans phone kept lighting up at the end! Always notice the most random things.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
dancy
procrastinator

"In conclusion, that was a complete disaster" No Dan, it wasn't? It went really well actually but that also made it a bit boring to me tbh. I'm kinda hoping they'll do something seperate for April Fools Day as well but I'm not holding my breath.
loveparanoia
tol bean

what was that dick joke tho
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

Phil definitely seemed more energetic in this video and part of me thinks its down to them filming super early/late but another part of me thinks it may be down to alcohol :lol:
For some reason I got really excited when I saw those teeth and lips jellies (candies???) because they are the exact ones I buy (I think-they look like Tesco own or maybe Morrison's )!
I could FEEL the tension during the bread kneeding.
Uh oh my phones at 14℅ I better go.
Just remembered this- maybe they'll wait until tomorrow to post for April fool's as in Ireland and the UK its considered unlucky and foolish to do a prank before the day itself.
annetamiau
lady door

What I found very distracting (and not in a good way) was that you couldn't see the actual countertop surface. Just why?

Ohter than that, they are very married.
Behind every great person, there is a great cat
mm_sunny1993
spork

aw that was just really cute and chill somehow and the end product actually looked alright so it is a big improvement :thumb: I liked it! :love1:
missemma wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 pm Im gonna rewatch it tomorrow and will give my final verdict then! LOL to the empty fridge though, add that to the list of two flats, one for filming! Also, I couldn’t not notice the rack in the oven was almost on its side and Dans phone kept lighting up at the end! Always notice the most random things.
I noticed these things too!

Also, that bread kneading part was something :roll: They had a total of 2 fights in this video, a wink from Dan and one butt wiggle from Phil. I'm not complaining they were cute in this video. Especially Phil he just seemed really hyper and happy.
phillyforgot
butt chair

It was a great video. Made me smile. I'm satisfied with it. :love2:
pararlama
phillion/danosaur <//3
Pronouns: they/them

i really loved their energy in the first half.. then i got bored ngl.

dan's earing thoughhhhh I'll never be over it

((also why was phil's ass so active i didnt ask for this))

so i think it's only fair that he comes up here and shares this with me

flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

This was fun, though I also thought they were purposely hyping things up and it isn’t necessary, it just gets silly, though the throwing things culminating in Phil ducking at least gave us the info that he was wearing red pants. The bunny ears and flower crowns are cute, and so are the decorations. I’m not sure I get the cubes on top, but maybe they think it looks boring otherwise? Also not sure why Phil feels the need to stand in front of the oven and wiggle his butt, but it’s cute.

I was glad they referred to Phil’s sweet-stealing habit, kinda funny that it wasn’t even a secret or a surprise this time and he just ate them on-camera. Terrifying bunny with those teeth, but they were mostly quite cute, especially Phil buying a dinosaur cutter. I saw some dinosaur stickers in Sainsury’s in 2015 and thought I’d buy them for him if I got Deps in the sitc meetup, but then I didn’t (also couldn’t think of something to take Dan). It’s funny how they keep up silly traditions like touching the butter along with the Delia and whisk references. Also Dan’s orgasm face the moment he tasted the biscuit.

The deep-voiced-bunny intro spon was a bit frightening. I guess that was Phil’s voice? I couldn’t actually tell.
malday
emo goose

This wasn't my favorite baking video either. I think their old smaller kitchen made things seem more intimate, this space is echo-y and impersonal. And their hyper acting didn't match the uneventful tone of the video. Maybe it's because they weren't sleep deprived enough, and they didn't have any major baking mishap.
fieldoflovers
living flop

This wasn’t my fave baking video but it definitely was soo cute. Someone on tumblr said that their videos have become more sexual recently but i went back and watched their Christmas cookies video and its just as sexual. Maybe baking is just an inneuendo filled sensual activity.

I do love their dynamic and how little its changed over the years. Like they might be a little more flirtier now but its nice knowing that they’ve always been them, if that makes sense.
NarrysCanary
janice from the shop

Have you guys seen the bi flag magnet on the fridge during the decorating ?

edit: I'm struggling to think what else this magnet could be.
:biheart:
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Maybe it's because I came in with literally no expectations, but I really loved it so much. I found it really cute, just them doing some successful baking and being adorable with each other.
Phil really caught my eye in this one, which made me realize that I much prefer the full quiff to the "fwiff," but we know that Dan likes the fwiff more so that's probably gonna be staying lmao
edit as I'm rewatching: yeah, the chill, nothing-gets-effed-up vibe in this is making me love it even more
Last edited by snokoplasmic on Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

NarrysCanary wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:33 pm Have you guys seen the bi flag magnet on the fridge during the decorating ?

edit: I'm struggling to think what else this magnet could be.
i noticed it too! can't think of anything else it could be either, but knowing the phandom, someone is soon gonna go through all their belongings visible in videos & mentioned in social media, and find out it's an ass eating flag

and just for the record i loved that video, can see why someone would say they were annoyingly overenthusiastic but i think it shows how much they like filming (baking) videos and leads to great funny moments
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I liked it this video! I'm probably going to rewatch this at some point though, I feel like I missed a lot on the first watch. And was it me, or was the editing kind of weird at times? Still, it was cute, and I'm glad to see they seem to be improving! I also love how their utensils are apparently rainbow coloured, judging by their purple knife and their multicolour whisk.

Also lmao @ phil for basically confirming all their channels are now shared. "Our last video" he says, about a video with dan on his own channel :lol:
knq
lava lamp

I'm predicting the toothy Easter cookie comes back for an April Fools video to murder everyone in some sort of satanic, electric whisk related incident.

Also, I liked this but was thrown off by the editing and my expectation that there would be murder. Maybe I just generally expect murder? Or maybe it was just that Dan had his earring in the wrong ear and Phil made most of the sex noises. STRANGE MIRROR DIMENSION.
Secretstanner
truth bomb

Definitely wasn’t my favourite but neither was the most recent Halloween baking. I know it’s controversial because a lot of people liked that one. I guess the over the top need to over react doesn’t tickle my fancy, I would rather have them being very casual than the need to play up their interactions to make it seem better. I know that they need to exaggerate everything they do because they are preforming to a camera it’s something I easy pick up on when I spend a lot of time reading them and they way they act. It wasn’t a bad video at all but I just like the more natural interactions between them in their old baking videos that’s all. It’s almost 12am here so happy Easter guys and April fools day (and happy birthday to me :lol: )
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Ok, I'm in love with this video, it felt very natural to me, and oh my god the flirting.
I wasn't even 7 minutes in I already knew it was something I would rewatch a lot , especially from how natural the whole thing felt.
Fancy decorating of the place this year, it looks so much more put-together, I do miss the messy 'very diy' decorating tho.
Gotta say I was like 'wo?' when the shot of the things displayed was different from the ones they did on camera and had a few seconds of panicking that they didn't do all the baking andtheyhadacrewthatpreparedthingsnothingisrealanymore and realized they could have easily made another batch, wow that one time Dan suggested getting a crew has scared me more than I thought it did.
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

I quite liked this video! I liked the energy of it and the jokes they kept making. I might actually go and make these, but i don’t think I’ll go all out and decorate them lol.
:transheart:
firsttimeposter
living flop

Okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. It had no dnp personality to it! There were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants, I guess. Compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. I'm not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? Everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. There were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. They both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween.
I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
Overall it was a fine video, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
Last edited by firsttimeposter on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.