Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flurry
living flop

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm Okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. It had no dnp personality to it! There were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants, I guess. Compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. I'm not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? Everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. There were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. They both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween.
I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
Overall it was a fine video, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
OMG this is exactly what I thought! I really wondered if this was professionally done because everything seems so clear and well lit and cleanly done and it just doesn't have that old school homemade youtuber doing everything themselves feel. I enjoyed the video and it was cute but I also really wondered if someone else was behind the camera or someone else did the editing. I didn't comment on this so much when Dan brought it up but my first thought was "bye - the day they have a professional crew filming them like something out of Good Mythical Morning (which I do like by the way) I'm out of here" - not saying that's what happened here but it certainly feels a bit like it? Wonder what everyone else thinks!

Negativity aside (it's not really negative, more like a niggling feeling or observation), I did actually enjoy the video and I always like them baking anyway.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Will this joint pigeon livestream be available on youtube after?1?11!!
fancybum
senpai

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:47 pm
BSV wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:41 pm ?Oh my god, what? they were flashing a light in morse ode that spelt out pigeon? that is amazing :stan:
I'm so curious, how much money they are making from this live show - i feel like this is actually like modern art :lol: people will write essays of this in the future - its a comment on society as a whole - you know? :tu:
You know you've reached a certain level of popularity when you can make money off of a webcam livestreaming pigeons :corn:
Springwatch eat your heart out :lol:
I mean especially when like 99% of the so-called pigeon stream has no pigeons in sight. I demand a time refund. But since that’s impossible, I will also accept a refund in the form of pigeons.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop
Pronouns: she/her

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:00 pm Will this joint pigeon livestream be available on youtube after?1?11!!
Probably not, but you should be able to watch it on Tumblr and YouNow.
starwatersong
phabergé

anime_is_not_cool wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:19 pm i've personally witnessed 2 out of the total 3 (?) pigeon sightings and i have a theory!
every time a pigeon appears and tries to move around flapping it's wings, the air makes the letters move against the wall, which immediately scares the bird away. could dépanneur themselves be the ones causing their failure? #removetheletters ??
pls provide comments and critique with arguments for/against my theory
Not only do I agree with your theory, I feel they did it *on purpose* because the greatest troll is NOT having a pigeon cast — it’s having one with no pigeons. :tinfoil:
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

flurry wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:53 pm
firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm Okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. It had no dnp personality to it! There were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants, I guess. Compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. I'm not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? Everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. There were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. They both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween.
I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
OMG this is exactly what I thought! I really wondered if this was professionally done because everything seems so clear and well lit and cleanly done and it just doesn't have that old school homemade youtuber doing everything themselves feel. I enjoyed the video and it was cute but I also really wondered if someone else was behind the camera or someone else did the editing. I didn't comment on this so much when Dan brought it up but my first thought was "bye - the day they have a professional crew filming them like something out of Good Mythical Morning (which I do like by the way) I'm out of here" - not saying that's what happened here but it certainly feels a bit like it? Wonder what everyone else thinks!

Negativity aside (it's not really negative, more like a niggling feeling or observation), I did actually enjoy the video and I always like them baking anyway.
I agree with both of you guys, it just felt different and more...clean and empty? Idk how to really explain it, but it felt more like something you'd see on the Food Network rather than something Phil would make? The whole reason I enjoyed previous baking videos is that they messed things up and were a bit confused, which while it started to become a slightly overdone trope, it was more real. Part of what gave it its charm was that they showed us the countertop and documented everything they messed up did to make it. Let's be real, I didn't watch that video (or any of their baking videos) to learn how to make biscuits, because there are other channels/websites which are easier to follow and better in that regard, I watched that video for entertainment and to have a laugh. And I feel like I found maybe 12% of the video entertaining, rather than the usual 75-87%. (These statistics were pulled out of my ass but I think they helped get my point across :lol: )
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

...what did I wake up to?? This is literally beyond my capacity to understand, what???

I could not have expected anything less, oh my god (and speaking of, happy Easter to anyone who celebrates!)
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

fancybum wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:05 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:47 pm
BSV wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:41 pm ?Oh my god, what? they were flashing a light in morse ode that spelt out pigeon? that is amazing :stan:
I'm so curious, how much money they are making from this live show - i feel like this is actually like modern art :lol: people will write essays of this in the future - its a comment on society as a whole - you know? :tu:
You know you've reached a certain level of popularity when you can make money off of a webcam livestreaming pigeons :corn:
Springwatch eat your heart out :lol:
I mean especially when like 99% of the so-called pigeon stream has no pigeons in sight. I demand a time refund. But since that’s impossible, I will also accept a refund in the form of pigeons.
I mean, I swear they must be driving off the pigeons on purpose as part of the prank (!) because they live in the fuxking middle of London and it's not like birds, specifically pigeons, are hard to come by there :sideeye:
Edited for grammar.
Last edited by TheHomosexualAgenda on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hello9217
flower crown

Considering every time someone tips bars or sends applause dnp get a cut of the profit, they sure as hell are making quite a bit of money from this stream. Capita£ester is thriving
Last edited by hello9217 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Guys. I feel like someone else is editing this pigeon feed.
hello9217
flower crown

rizzo wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:17 pm Guys. I feel like someone else is editing this pigeon feed.
Yeah it definitely doesn't seem the same as previous streams plus I noticed that the noises in this one are different than in previous ones. I think you are onto something
vincentian
hobbit hair

missemma wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:32 pm Flash the light again and spell out capita£ester please!
I expect Phil to spell out the tour promo at the end. Don't let me down, Philly. :D
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

vincentian wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 pm
missemma wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:32 pm Flash the light again and spell out capita£ester please!
I expect Phil to spell out the tour promo at the end. Don't let me down, Philly. :D
Haha I’m expecting D&P themselves to come on dressed as pigeons and start pecking at the seed otherwise I’m going to be side eyeing them for pulling this off and cashing in at the same time!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

hello9217 wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:23 pm
rizzo wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:17 pm Guys. I feel like someone else is editing this pigeon feed.
Yeah it definitely doesn't seem the same as previous streams plus I noticed that the noises in this one are different than in previous ones. I think you are onto something
+1. some jumpcuts are definitely suspicious and i might be wrong but this balcony kinda looks like a set ? Because it's pretty small and the pigeons never stay very long there... idk they probably have another real one somewhere else and that's where the birds actually go :tinfoil:
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

vincentian wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:24 pm
Maybe he'll put a reminder for the new dates added?
(They added another tour date for Ireland but I can't go see them why are they doing this to me? :brokenheart: :onfire: )
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Is this a spoiler for how Interactive Introverts is going to go? They haven't started rehearsals because it's just going to be them live streaming from their dressing room and the audience interaction will be the fans sending them bars on younow?
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

this is far better than any other april fools joke i expected omg
:transheart:
sonicgreen
woodland creature

the morse code is definitely them messing with us. 10/10 prank
hello9217
flower crown

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:43 pm i tried translating the morse, think i made some mistakes. all i got was "d?"
I'm pretty sure it was pigeon spelled backwards then forwards
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I can only hope that dinofvyou1 comes out of hiding and makes an edit of pigeongate! that will be the real win here.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
knq
lava lamp

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:12 pm

I agree with both of you guys, it just felt different and more...clean and empty? Idk how to really explain it, but it felt more like something you'd see on the Food Network rather than something Phil would make? The whole reason I enjoyed previous baking videos is that they messed things up and were a bit confused, which while it started to become a slightly overdone trope, it was more real. Part of what gave it its charm was that they showed us the countertop and documented everything they messed up did to make it. Let's be real, I didn't watch that video (or any of their baking videos) to learn how to make biscuits, because there are other channels/websites which are easier to follow and better in that regard, I watched that video for entertainment and to have a laugh. And I feel like I found maybe 12% of the video entertaining, rather than the usual 75-87%. (These statistics were pulled out of my ass but I think they helped get my point across :lol: )
Besides the crafty editing, I feel like some of the strangeness people are experiencing with the baking video could have been due to the the clips being out of order? Like when they 'preheat' the oven at 15:37 you can see finished cookies in the reflection of the glass. The Delia Smith and 'you need sticks' bits were filmed before intermission but after rolling the dough and PIGEON PIGEON I SEE A PIGEON

sorry

That actually reminds me that 1. They moved their plant around to be more in shot what adorable dorks. and 2, what is the little bobble head like creature in the plant base while they're decorating? Merch?

it's my spring break dont judge me this is what i want to do with my time this and invisible pigeons
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I like how a livestream about (a lack of) pigeons generates even more buzz on social media and IDB than the baking video. We're all whipped. Deppy are laughing their asses of at us, shit posting in morse code and rolling in cash. And I can't hate them for it. :thumb:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alien
procrastinator

why do I find their squeaky door endearing?
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

watsonian wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:59 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:12 pm

Besides the crafty editing, I feel like some of the strangeness people are experiencing with the fursuit roleplay video in which they also bake could have been due to the the clips being out of order? Like when they 'preheat' the oven at 15:37 you can see finished cookies in the reflection of the glass. The Delia Smith and 'you need sticks' bits were filmed before intermission but after rolling the dough and PIGEON PIGEON I SEE A PIGEON

sorry

That actually reminds me that 1. They moved their plant around to be more in shot what adorable dorks. and 2, what is the little bobble head like creature in the plant base while they're decorating? Merch?

it's my spring break dont judge me this is what i want to do with my time this and invisible pigeons
Ooooh maybe that's part of the reason why it feels weird?
fancybum
senpai

You know what, I remember when Pigeon Fest was actually about something (..pigeons, mainly) and now it’s all about commercialism. Really bums me out to see how things have changed over the years :cry:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me