Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:04 am Okay so it's been a long while since I last posted here let alone lurked, but it feels so good to be back (it also feels terrible because I know I'm going to get addicted to this forum again oops).

The thing that made me want to come back is this video I stumbled upon, which I would love opinions on. Do you think it's true? Why or why not? I'm dying of curiosity.

Also, do you think it's likely that they aren't together? I personally think it's close to impossible, but I would love to hear thoughts on this as well. It's been discussed before, I know, but does anyone have any new perspectives? Do you think they have girlfriends, or would we have spotted them somewhere?

Edit: I forgot to mention another thought: do you think Dan still supports Jeremy Cornyn after the anti-Semitism allegations? I'm not British (nor Jewish lol) and I'm just wondering as a politics junkie. Thoughts?
Re the Jeremy Corbyn stuff, he is in no way anti Semitic. The stuff in the press is the same as last year when the conservatives realise nothing is sticking and blame him for any anti semitism from any labour supporter online including fake twitter accounts. There are issues but they are across the entire political spectrum. Considering the conservatives are worse but don't get called on it by the right wing press i doubt Dan has changed his mind. That's just my view.
Last edited by mermaid blood on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: url code within quoted post - fixed
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

watsonian wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:08 am
smartcookie wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:09 am
Noodle wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:11 pm Long-time lurker here posting just to ask if anyone else noticed something about the new fursuit roleplay video in which they also bake. The biscuits they hold up at the end are clearly pre-made. You can tell because they just randomly pull them up from somewhere and they're not ones they were working on in the video. Also, in that little display footage, the creepy bunny's eyes are dripping because the icing hasn't dried yet, but the bunny faces are very much dry.

This makes me wonder if they practised the recipe beforehand or if someone else made the ones they're using at the end? I'm leaning towards someone else having made them, simply because the icing looks a lot neater than the ones they made (no 'decayed' teeth either) and the corners of the mouths are pointing up, unlike the one Dan was shown making. You can see the two other bunny faces they were working on at 13:59 and 14:13 and they don't look anywhere near as neat as the ones they pull up a few seconds later. It looks more like DnP are trying to copy the 'good' ones they already had.

I know this is such a random thing to wonder about and probably not really significant, but what do you guys think? And if someone else pre-made those biscuits, who do you think that could be? Is this something they've done with previous baking vids?
Don’t worry I definitely noticed that too, but I more so thought that they just didn’t show the decorating of all of them. I mean they decorated like, maybe six biscuits, when I’m pretty sure a batch of that size would have made at least twice that amount.
But then, they do admit to forget putting sticks in them despite clearly showing them in the biscuits on another tray. This confuses me viewing it either way tbh, did they forget sticks in half the batch or did they think it was such a big fuck up they decided to redo it? Wow I’m taking this too seriously

Tho I must ask, how could people see the time??? I could only see the clock on the oven and that was far to small and blurry for me to read! Have my sight just gotten so much poorer or am I just awfully bad at searching?
Literally driving me mad
Just a lot of squinting at the oven clock in the 1080p quality video. I have somewhat poor eyesight but it helps when a rare minute passes on the clock while dnp are on screen. Riveting stuff! Second only to binge watching invisible pigeons.
If you pay attention to the reflection in the oven when they are 'preheating' it, you can see some - what looks to be - already baked biscuits on the counter. I think they just pulled a food show reveal à la 'and here we have some which are already complete' yada yada, which I can understand.
fancybum
senpai

phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:04 am Okay so it's been a long while since I last posted here let alone lurked, but it feels so good to be back (it also feels terrible because I know I'm going to get addicted to this forum again oops).

The thing that made me want to come back is this video I stumbled upon, which I would love opinions on. Do you think it's true? Why or why not? I'm dying of curiosity.
Also, do you think it's likely that they aren't together? I personally think it's close to impossible, but I would love to hear thoughts on this as well. It's been discussed before, I know, but does anyone have any new perspectives? Do you think they have girlfriends, or would we have spotted them somewhere?
My opinion on that video is that it was mind-numbingly dumb and I’m mad I watched it. And it’s obvious they both have secret girlfriends, but I doubt they’ll reveal that before tour, or ever, since they’re dating members of their management team (who I believe are all married) so you know, scandal.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
theseclouds
crusty sponge
Pronouns: she/her

Re: baking, I agree, I think they just did two batches (maybe to make sure they wouldn't fail as hard as with the meringues last year) and only filmed the second one.

Personally I always took that "you'll see some of that on II" comment as that they'll have some electroshock-thing (similar to the one Tyler had in the Tyler/Dan collab) that one of them has to be hooked up to during II, maybe if they lose a challenge or sth? There will definitely be no "inner thigh touching" and I think we as a whole should stop taking a lot of the things they say so literal. :shrug:
I also don't think there's any chance of them ~coming out before II, and I think just like during TATINOF, any questions the audience gets to ask will be chosen beforehand and checked by them/their team so it's not a "ogm is Phan real?!1?!1?!" situation which would be awkward for everyone involved.
There's no doubt in my mind that they are, and idk if this counts as a new perspective, but a few friends I have that only vaguely know who DnP are were completely shocked when I told them that they aren't ~publically dating~ because for them as outsiders it already seemed like they were.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I kept seeing that video recommended so I watched it last night and rolled my eyes. No, they won't be saying anything of the sort before, during or after (in my opinion, if I need to clarify). I'm always surprised people still think they're on the verge of saying anything and think any surprise they hype is going to be that. Still also hoping they won't be bringing a bloody TENS machine on tour for forfeits, though I mentioned it to my chiropractor and she thought they'd be fine (actual gospel of truth, yo :roll: )
phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:02 pm

My opinion on that video is that it was mind-numbingly dumb and I’m mad I watched it. And it’s obvious they both have secret girlfriends, but I doubt they’ll reveal that before tour, or ever, since they’re dating members of their management team (who I believe are all married) so you know, scandal.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but why does it seem obvious? If it were members of their management team wouldn't it be easy to find out by going through their social media (checking if they have girlfriends/boyfriends, etc). Has this been done before?
liola
rankussy

For me, thinking about their 8 years of history, there's no way they aren't together. I just can't see anything else and I think if one of them was a girl there would be less people trying to prove how they're not together tbh
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
fancybum
senpai

phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:24 pm I don't know if you're being sarcastic but why does it seem obvious? If it were members of their management team wouldn't it be easy to find out by going through their social media (checking if they have girlfriends/boyfriends, etc). Has this been done before?
It’s obvious because the ladies on their management are the only women they’re constantly seen out with (I mean just look at their Australia ditl, it’s like they weren’t even trying to hide :roll: ) and like, if they’re not together, that means they’re obviously just two straight guys, right? With girlfriends. Like that’s the only possible scenario, obvs. So straightness + constant proximity to specific women = obvious secret affairs. Because as I said, I’m pretty sure they’re married and/or have families. But that’s like, the perfect cover in addition to being management. They can hide in plain sight.
phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 pm
phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:24 pm I don't know if you're being sarcastic but why does it seem obvious? If it were members of their management team wouldn't it be easy to find out by going through their social media (checking if they have girlfriends/boyfriends, etc). Has this been done before?
It’s obvious because the ladies on their management are the only women they’re constantly seen out with (I mean just look at their Australia ditl, it’s like they weren’t even trying to hide :roll: ) and like, if they’re not together, that means they’re obviously just two straight guys, right? With girlfriends. Like that’s the only possible scenario, obvs. So straightness + constant proximity to specific women = obvious secret affairs. Because as I said, I’m pretty sure they’re married and/or have families. But that’s like, the perfect cover in addition to being management. They can hide in plain sight.

Australia ditl? Hold up what? I'm missing something. What are the time stamps? I'm only seeing Cornelia.

Edit: Theyre rarely seen out with anyone else except when theyre on tour. Are you playing? 😂 I swear to god...

Wait, around 6:21 you mean? Who are those people? You might have ruined my life just now.
pearshaped34
morning quiff

I don’t know what any of you people are talking about both Dan and Phil confirmed Phil’s wives Sabrina and Janice. Are you just going to ignore what they say and pretend they aren’t real?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yeah, that’s their management ladies Marianne (brunette) and probably Fleur (blonde) with Martyn and Cornelia behind Dan and Phil.
phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

flarequake wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:18 pm Yeah, that’s their management ladies Marianne (brunette) and probably Fleur (blonde) with Martyn and Cornelia behind Dan and Phil.
Do we know anything else about them?
fancybum
senpai

pearshaped34 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm I don’t know what any of you people are talking about both Dan and Phil confirmed Phil’s wives Sabrina and Janice. Are you just going to ignore what they say and pretend they aren’t real?
You’re right, I’m sorry. There’s just so much adultery going on it’s hard to keep track of. But yeah, their homewrecking knows no bounds, it’s pretty sick when you really think about it.
phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:59 pm
Edit: Theyre rarely seen out with anyone else except when theyre on tour. Are you playing? 😂 I swear to god...
Hey this is the internet, and the internet is no place for jokes.
phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:19 pm
pearshaped34 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm I don’t know what any of you people are talking about both Dan and Phil confirmed Phil’s wives Sabrina and Janice. Are you just going to ignore what they say and pretend they aren’t real?
You’re right, I’m sorry. There’s just so much adultery going on it’s hard to keep track of. But yeah, their homewrecking knows no bounds, it’s pretty sick when you really think about it.
You do s o r t of have a point though. I mean it's possible? But at the same time they are never seen with anyone outside, not even their management team on regular days, and a relationship in hiding like that would be pretty tough. Would you be willing to do it? No contact outside except for on tour?

But why would their management join them to Australia? Was the Australia trip for the tour as well? My memory is shitty.

I am bloody shook right now. I need some milk but it's too bad I'm lactose intolerant.
liola
rankussy

phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:26 pm
fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:19 pm
You do s o r t of have a point though. I mean it's possible? But at the same time they are never seen with anyone outside, not even their management team on regular days, and a relationship in hiding like that would be pretty tough. Would you be willing to do it? No contact outside except for on tour?

But why would their management join them to Australia? Was the Australia trip for the tour as well? My memory is shitty.

I am bloody shook right now. I need some milk but it's too bad I'm lactose intolerant.
I don't know if you're being serious or not right now :rofl:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
theseclouds
crusty sponge

flarequake wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:22 pmNo, they won't be saying anything of the sort before, during or after (in my opinion, if I need to clarify). I'm always surprised people still think they're on the verge of saying anything and think any surprise they hype is going to be that. Still also hoping they won't be bringing a bloody TENS machine on tour for forfeits, though I mentioned it to my chiropractor and she thought they'd be fine (actual gospel of truth, yo :roll: )
Agreed, I don't think we'll ever get a huge dramatic coming out video/moment, and I can't really blame them. Despite the fact that they're online personalities, and thus have to share a lot of their lives with us, they also seem like very private people. The current situation seems to work out fine for them (it's not like they're in hiding tbh), and since it's not "confirmed" it doesn't open them up to horribly annoying and personal questions from not just the fans but also traditional media, etc. :shrug:
malday
emo goose

fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 pm It’s obvious because the ladies on their management are the only women they’re constantly seen out with (I mean just look at their Australia ditl, it’s like they weren’t even trying to hide :roll: ) and like, if they’re not together, that means they’re obviously just two straight guys, right? With girlfriends. Like that’s the only possible scenario, obvs. So straightness + constant proximity to specific women = obvious secret affairs. Because as I said, I’m pretty sure they’re married and/or have families. But that’s like, the perfect cover in addition to being management. They can hide in plain sight.
Why else would they frolic on the beach like that and why would Dan give his jacket to one of them if they weren't secretly bumping uglies, do you think they would take the job of dealing with screaming fans just for a measly percentage?!1!

phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

malday wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:33 pm
fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:56 pm It’s obvious because the ladies on their management are the only women they’re constantly seen out with (I mean just look at their Australia ditl, it’s like they weren’t even trying to hide :roll: ) and like, if they’re not together, that means they’re obviously just two straight guys, right? With girlfriends. Like that’s the only possible scenario, obvs. So straightness + constant proximity to specific women = obvious secret affairs. Because as I said, I’m pretty sure they’re married and/or have families. But that’s like, the perfect cover in addition to being management. They can hide in plain sight.
Why else would they frolic on the beach like that and why would Dan give his jacket to one of them if they weren't secretly bumping uglies, do you think they would take the job of dealing with screaming fans just for a measly percentage?!1!

Ooohh I never noticed this. I'm more shook now.

I know you're joking but my paranoia is real.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:40 pm I know you're joking but my paranoia is real.
The Australian DITL was during tour. Their entire team was with them, not just managers. Fleur, their blonde manager, is married and had a baby last year. We have no idea what Marianne's relationship status is but she travels with Tomska just as much, if not more, than she does deppy so proximity shouldn't make for paranoia.

Even if they were single (lmao) and straight (lmao) then there still wouldn't be any need to assume that any woman within eyesight of them more than once a year is someone they're fucking. Women can actually exist in the lives of men without just being a romantic connection for them.
phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm
phanbanter wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:40 pm I know you're joking but my paranoia is real.
The Australian DITL was during tour. Their entire team was with them, not just managers. Fleur, their blonde manager, is married and had a baby last year. We have no idea what Marianne's relationship status is but she travels with Tomska just as much, if not more, than she does deppy so proximity shouldn't make for paranoia.

Even if they were single (lmao) and straight (lmao) then there still wouldn't be any need to assume that any woman within eyesight of them more than once a year is someone they're fucking. Women can actually exist in the lives of men without just being a romantic connection for them.
Yes you're absolutely right, look at Louise for example. I honestly don't think they're straight, but I don't know if that's my emotionally invested for the past 5 years side speaking. It's terrible - I would warn you to not be emotionally invested in any such thing especially if you have anxiety but I guess I'm preaching to the wrong choir here.
obvsly
#relatable

@phanbanter seeing as everyone is having fun with your theory :D I think I’m just gonna be honest and say to think that they want to come out publicly just to get it over with before the tour is absurd. What good would that do? It would only take the attention away from the tour which should be the last thing they want. And it would be so stupid as there are many countries on their tour dates with homophobic laws which would cause a ton of problems. These two are smart professionals; they would never jeopardize their own business like that. And that’s just from a purely business point of view. There are still many other aspects against the theory.
fancybum
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm Women can actually exist in the lives of men without just being a romantic connection for them.
Sounds fake but okay.
autumnhearth
senpai

The spirit of April Fools lingers. Thanks for the laughs @fancybum .

@phanbanter everything is fine dear, just have a cup of tea. :daddy:
phanbanter
phillion/danosaur <//3

autumnhearth wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:00 pm The spirit of April Fools lingers. Thanks for the laughs @fancybum .

@phanbanter everything is fine dear, just have a cup of tea. :daddy:
Man it's 2nd of April, have some mercy And how am I supposed to drink spilled tea?😂 I need another break off this website.
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

fancybum wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:54 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm Women can actually exist in the lives of men without just being a romantic connection for them.
Sounds fake but okay.
:stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: :stan: