Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
bookfiend
spork
Pronouns: She/her

sparkle wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:25 pm
mm_sunny1993 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:03 pm I LOVE this video. It was really good and I had a few good laughs :tu: I always enjoy the google feud videos. They are the ones I probably rewatch the most.
I lost it at the 'ohhh' part with the owls edited in and the part where they tried to remember the name from one of the guys from queer eye :rofl:

They said it is snowing. But when was the last time it was snowing in London? Must have been filmed some time ago.
it snowed yesterday near me, I dont know if that meant it was snowing down south, but it was definitely snowy yesterday in England
It’s not snowed down here in a couple of weeks now. Although the weather forecast does warn about us potentially getting more at some point.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

mm_sunny1993 wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:03 pm I LOVE this video. It was really good and I had a few good laughs :tu: I always enjoy the google feud videos. They are the ones I probably rewatch the most.
I lost it at the 'ohhh' part with the owls edited in and the part where they tried to remember the name from one of the guys from queer eye :rofl:

They said it is snowing. But when was the last time it was snowing in London? Must have been filmed some time ago.
it snowed yesterday near me, I dont know if that meant it was snowing down south, but it was definitely snowy yesterday in England

All it's been doing in London has been raining at least for the last week or two. Unless they live way out of London but I don't think they do. I think they filmed it about three to four weeks ago.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Fazbaz
dank meme

lilabet wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:30 pm

All it's been doing in London has been raining at least for the last week or two. Unless they live way out of London but I don't think they do. I think they filmed it about three to four weeks ago.
But Phil already has his quiff :shrug:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

We’ve had hail a few times recently, but no snow for a few weeks now :shrug:

This was very funny, they were sparking off each other in their best relaxed way. Phil’s face continues to have a hold on me. When he used to just push his hair back he always looked good, but sometimes less interesting than with his fringe, but this hairstyle, or just his face, is really doing it. I keep looking over at Dan and, yep, he’s still a beauty too, but Phil just shines.

I hope the YouTube HQ shooting is over soon, I saw on Twitter they’ve partially-evacuated the building, but there wasn’t a lot of information.
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

Yeah that was a good viddy. Like please get rid of food forfeits and keep the domestic forfeits. Play for who has to load the dishwasher or cook food that night or do the laundry. Also I'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying because Phil looked so sooo good (now if he paired glasses with it then we would have hit the holy trifecta). Also Dan's curls were so fluffy in the video. Also that apple juice part made me laugh really hard. I really like these types of gaming vids.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Amazing video, loved it. Their argument about who takes out the bin is literally the same thing me and my boyfriend argue about on a weekly basis - worst chore ever. When Dan was complaining about Phil being super messy and scraping food evergwhere and emptying stuff and creating bin juice I couldn’t relate to him more haha, so annoying when your partner does that! Will definitely give this video a rewatch!

Edited to say: there has definitely been no snow in London this weekend/week.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
hoopearring
first-time poster

I normally just lurk but I thought the vid was cute the google feud series is just great overall, good content 👌👌👌 Phil was very touchy and Dan had no chill.

Not to stir anything up, but the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way in this vid was their bit about Karamo’s name? (one of the fab 5 of Queer Eye). Idk if dnp are aware of the problematic history of white people ridiculing Black names, but then again I’m sure they were just trying to be entertaining/funny/just genuinely forgot lol. Don’t know if anyone else has any thoughts on this, I just feel like the joke went on for a little too long/could’ve been edited out?

(Still enjoyed the video though!!)
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I loved that video. It was so domestic. So many good bants. It felt like I was literally just watching them play this game on their own time, with no camera
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

hoopearring wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:19 pm Not to stir anything up, but the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way in this vid was their bit about Karamo’s name? (one of the fab 5 of Queer Eye). Idk if dnp are aware of the problematic history of white people ridiculing Black names, but then again I’m sure they were just trying to be entertaining/funny/just genuinely forgot lol. Don’t know if anyone else has any thoughts on this, I just feel like the joke went on for a little too long/could’ve been edited out?

(Still enjoyed the video though!!)
i'm not black so my opinion isn't really the one that matters but to me it didn't feel like ridiculing at all, just that they couldn't remember it!
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

ugh, I love them
Phil was so energetic
Both hairs look so good I'm jealous
I freaking love and treasure every time Dan says "dear'
pcvaidya
squish

100% my favorite deepy thing is Dan shaming Phil for how horrible he is to live with but never making any indication of wanting to live with anyone else
malday
emo goose

That video was an instant mood booster. How does Phil's hair get better and better? I wish they would relax and act this natural on all their channels.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Google Feud videos are always so good for bants so I loved this. <3

- Noogles, search history, Dan expressing his hatred of moths once again and looking up moth furry suits. The first minute and 36 seconds were a trip.
- I hope their neighbors heard Dan screaming SEX. I really do :')
- The best coke is no coke. Hot take for y'all right there.
- Playing for who has to take the bins out... I didn't realize playing for domestic forfeits was an option until seconds ago and now I never want them do anything else ever again. :stan:
- Dan criticizes Phil for sometimes leaving spoons in his mug when it's in the microwave, but let's not forget that time he got his legs waxed by Louise and they didn't take the foil off the jar of wax even though they literally read that they were supposed to do that 5 seconds before. :thumb:
- I feel offended on the behalf of owls, they don't sound like two British idiots annoying each other.
- "Don't get us d€mon€tiz€d!!"
- I don't think you two have to talk to your neighbours. They hear enough of you as it is. :shrug:
- The roasting got intense there for a bit. Who knew apple trees could lead to all that?
- Dan is right, the 1 euro on apple chips is possibly the worst money I ever spent.
- "Lots of cannibals out there." You wanted to bite Dan only seconds ago, don't expose yourself.
- "I deserve for this video to be triple monetized." Phil, your influence on Dan is getting out of hand... Also I genuinely can't tell whether that sound Phil made is out of annoyance at Dan getting higher scored answers or excitement at the thought of triple profit. You'd assume it's the first, buuuuut...
- Dan, please don't call your boss daddy. Is this the real reason BBCR1 ended things? :illuminati:
- Phil gets dirty thoughts about Dan failing to spell business correctly on his first try.
- Tour was never ending for you was it Dan? Well think about how the rest of us felt...
- lol poor Dan. All those perfect scores, yet he lost.
- Dan complaining about Phil's bad habits. That's some married shit :ribena:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
annabanana
sofa crease

Such a good video. Not much more to add that hasn't already been said, except that Phil's soft "come on, danny" @ 2:23 killed me. :loveeyes:
pcvaidya wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:54 pm 100% my favorite deepy thing is Dan shaming Phil for how horrible he is to live with but never making any indication of wanting to live with anyone else
omg i LOVE this
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
autumnhearth
senpai

I enjoyed that thoroughly. I watched it twice since it didn’t come up on the PS4 app for awhile and will watch it a third time tonight. I didn’t know I needed to see Phil’s glorious face and hair today until I was looking at it. Very cute, very good banter, much domesticity and closeness and shoving and almost biting. The teasing about apple juice and apple trees was probably my favorite bit.

One thing Catallena’s post reminded me of was the apple crisps thing. I think the people Googling that phrase were looking for baking recipes, the same way they were searching for apple pie recipes. It’s not a pie or a strudel, but a crumble. But yeah no one really cares about apple chips, their pretty lame for dried fruit.

Edit to add: Did anyone find it odd that Dan used Phil’s phone to calculate their scores? Does the phone have to recognize his voice?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:00 am
One thing Catallena’s post reminded me of was the apple crisps thing. I think the people Googling that phrase were looking for baking recipes, the same way they were searching for apple pie recipes. It’s not a pie or a strudel, but a crumble. But yeah no one really cares about apple chips, their pretty lame for dried fruit.
I enjoyed that more than I thought I would! Definitely some good laughs.

I was also going to point out the bit about apple crisp: I guess it's not a British thing, but it's certainly an American one (and might be my favorite thing to do with apples). Apple pie might be quintessentially American, but there are lots and lots of ways to cook apples. Apple crisp is sliced apples baked with a crust of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and rolled oats (or any variations on any of those ingredients you find appealing). Yum!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
starwatersong
phabergé

Fortunately, someone explained apple crisp to Phil. :lol:
Last edited by alittledizzy on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
knq
lava lamp

God, they’re cute. Examples of cute:
Moth tangents brought to you by Dan and Phil
Phil ‘biting’ Dan and then himself.
Dan’s eye crinkles when Phil applies logic to his apple juice.
Dan’s eye crinkles, generally.
On the subject of dogs: all dogs who have not been immediately claimed by someone else are Phil’s dogs.
3:13 Dan doing an extended eyebrow thing; Phil totally ignoring Dan’s extended eyebrow thing.
Dan. Phil. Dan and Phil doing Dan and Phil things.

Unfortunate examples of not cute: joking about not remembering the pronunciation of a black man’s name. Nah, thanks.

I did try to google this but no luck: what is this ‘bin room’ they speak of?
scientia
phabergé

Given the discussion of Dan’s most recent google search at the beginning (euthanasia), I think it’s safe to say this was filmed pretty close to when he tweeted this:
Was it snowy in London on/near the 13th?
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

watsonian wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:43 am
You know, the garbage room in the basement of an apartment building. Or, more likely in this country, the shed out back with the big dumpster in it for all the trash and maybe various recycling cans/bins.

So, 'bin' is Brit speak for trash can/wastebasket/garbage pail. :tu:
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
knq
lava lamp

lefthandedism wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:33 am
You know, the garbage room in the basement of an apartment building. Or, more likely in this country, the shed out back with the big dumpster in it for all the trash and maybe various recycling cans/bins.

I'm mostly confused why if it's a room inside of their apartment building they would need to go through the snow to get to it. I'm from the U.S. and everywhere I've lived the garbage/dumpster/place you take the trash out to is just outside by the road, so I'm unclear on this bin 'room' concept.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

I had the shittiest day in a long time and this alleviated that a bit. It was so good? Very natural? Still pretty over the top with the editing but it really worked with this video. Also Phil looked particularly good today because my usual screenshot pile is mostly just him. Loved them trying to remember Karamo's name, and the cute owl moment. Solid 10/10 video for me, much appreciated laughs.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

watsonian wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:46 am
lefthandedism wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:33 am

I'm mostly confused why if it's a room inside of their apartment building they would need to go through the snow to get to it. I'm from the U.S. and everywhere I've lived the garbage/dumpster/place you take the trash out to is just outside by the road, so I'm unclear on this bin 'room' concept.
Because the room is usually only accessible from the outside.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

now that i've watched the video three times i can't stop rewinding the bit at 12:52 and how lovingly phil is staring at dan and how close he is. which he totally doesn't need to be. dan's just adding up the scores and phil's not even looking at the phone. love me some love eyes lester though.
but also, after that phil looks at the camera and moves a bit a way from dan and looks visibly uncomfortable, like he knows what he looked like staring at dan like that. reminds me a LOT of amazingdan when dan catches himself staring at phil's mouth.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I've had an absolutely terrible day today so I was glad to be able to come home to a new video. I actually laughed out loud multiple times, so thanks for the mood lift deppy. :ribena:
I have to say at the end of the vid I felt Dan's "I'm in a bad mood right now" on a spiritual level :lol:

Also, to add to my frustrations today, I (finally) received a reply from someone at IRL about my "Don't Talk To Me" shirt still not having been shipped. Apparently they are out of stock and won't be getting any more in until next week. Its frustrating because I ordered within about an hour of the online shop first opening and according to my order number it seems like I should have been pretty early in the line of shirts they did have in stock, but I feel like I probably got pushed back bc its international. Now I'll get my long sleeve, black shirt well into spring when its way too warm to wear it except for maybe inside in the air conditioning. Ugh.
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue: