Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

pararlama wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:58 am super hyped for the vid today, i hope they don't upload too late at night.

also them giving us a warning is a bit ooc isnt it im :tinfoil:
Hmm well they always post a pinof selfie before hand (though I understand that is special). Recently Dan posted a selfie before his Top Dan Memes video. Pics from the Punk and Pastel Edits went up afterward, because that would spoil the reveal. They did post a selfie before filming Dil’s wedding though. So it’s not unheard of.

Welcome new folks!
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Oh I just realised Dan must look quite a bit taller cause he's wearing those house shoes he got for Christmas. Phil's probably just in socks.
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 pm
thesadassassin wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 am
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am Maybe the hyping up of the Easter baking video is part of the prank? Like they're making us all excited and speculate-y and when they drop the video it'll just be a "normal" baking vid (normal as in compatible to other previous baking videos lol).
Also I am in agreement with the people who said they'd like to see Dan in more traditionally "feminine" clothes or shoes, but judging by his height he probably has a very large shoe size. Wouldnt that make it quite difficult to find more "feminine" shoes in his size?
Side note: does anyone know Dans shoe size or be able to estimate it somehow?
im pretty sure he said that he's an 11.5 (and phil said he's an 11 btw)
Ah thank you! Oh wow 11.5 is preeeety large. As a size 3.5 I always find it hard to get shoes in my size, even online, as hardly any shops sell .5 shoe sizes. :lol:
wellll...you know what they say about those with big feet ;) (i'm kidding i'm kidding i'm sorry)
i've rarely been so hyped for a vid tbh (pinof excluded). anyone knows when they usually post baking videos?

also: good god if the play button indeed is the one they got for dapcrafts then what are they gonna do in the vid i'm so hyped but also so suspicious
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixd quote tags
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

blueskies wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:57 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am Maybe the hyping up of the Easter baking video is part of the prank? Like they're making us all excited and speculate-y and when they drop the video it'll just be a "normal" baking vid (normal as in compatible to other previous baking videos lol).
Also I am in agreement with the people who said they'd like to see Dan in more traditionally "feminine" clothes or shoes, but judging by his height he probably has a very large shoe size. Wouldnt that make it quite difficult to find more "feminine" shoes in his size?
Ah thank you! Oh wow 11.5 is preeeety large. As a size 3.5 I always find it hard to get shoes in my size, even online, as hardly any shops sell .5 shoe sizes. :lol:
wellll...you know what they say about those with big feet ;) (i'm kidding i'm kidding i'm sorry)
i've rarely been so hyped for a vid tbh (pinof excluded). anyone knows when they usually post baking videos?

also: good god if the play button indeed is the one they got for dapcrafts then what are they gonna do in the vid i'm so hyped but also so suspicious
Haha I was about to edit my last post to add something about people with big shoe sizes but you beat me to it :lol:
Oooh if it is the dapc play button maybe they're doing some sort of fake serious apology or like a rebrand to a Good Christian Channel™ if they post the video on Dan's channel.
I may not be the most reliable source to answer your question regarding when they usually post baking videos, but I remember being very sick with a stomach bug and the flu on the sofa this time last year and I believe they posted the baking video after it started getting dark, so around 8 to 9? I guess it also depends on whose channel they post it on as Dan tends to post a bit later than Phil.
Just thought of this but maybe Phil tweeted that picture at 9:30 as a kinda 24 hour preview? I'm proabaly over-thinking this!
Edit: i probably messed up the quotes somehow sorry lads!
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed quote tags
cherrybomb3
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: he/him

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Haha I was about to edit my last post to add something about people with big shoe sizes but you beat me to it :lol:
Oooh if it is the dapc play button maybe they're doing some sort of fake serious apology or like a rebrand to a Good Christian Channel™ if they post the video on Dan's channel.
I may not be the most reliable source to answer your question regarding when they usually post baking videos, but I remember being very sick with a stomach bug and the flu on the sofa this time last year and I believe they posted the baking video after it started getting dark, so around 8 to 9? I guess it also depends on whose channel they post it on as Dan tends to post a bit later than Phil.
Just thought of this but maybe Phil tweeted that picture at 9:30 as a kinda 24 hour preview? I'm proabaly over-thinking this!

big socks amirite
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

cherrybomb3 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:59 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am
Maybe the hyping up of the Easter baking video is part of the prank? Like they're making us all excited and speculate-y and when they drop the video it'll just be a "normal" baking vid (normal as in compatible to other previous baking videos lol).

big socks amirite
Huuuuge socks. And shoes.
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed tags
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

Before the inevitable post-baking/april fools chaos begins: After waiting for them to post the video for 2 days, I've come to the realization that nowadays Dan and Phil are the absolute highlight of all holidays for me. My parents got divorced a few years ago, aka RIP all traditional family Christmas/Easter celebrations, and apparently we are too old for them to bother coming up with new arrangements (but also too young to spend them with friends). The holidays would just be really sad and uneventful if it weren't for Gamingmas, bakings and pinof bloopers. Rewatching, waiting, theorizing in advance and analyzing the videos with yall are literally my only Christmas & Easter traditions. Gosh, I'm just getting more and more grateful to those nerds (and you guys) <3
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

anime_is_not_cool wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:42 pm Before the inevitable post-baking/april fools chaos begins: After waiting for them to post the video for 2 days, I've come to the realization that nowadays Dan and Phil are the absolute highlight of all holidays for me. My parents got divorced a few years ago, aka RIP all traditional family Christmas/Easter celebrations, and apparently we are too old for them to bother coming up with new arrangements (but also too young to spend them with friends). The holidays would just be really sad and uneventful if it weren't for Gamingmas, bakings and pinof bloopers. Rewatching, waiting, theorizing in advance and analyzing the videos with yall are literally my only Christmas & Easter traditions. Gosh, I'm just getting more and more grateful to those nerds (and you guys) <3
I definitely relate to you on the level that I've kinda latched onto Dan and Phil (and lately IDB too) as a comfort thing, especially over holidays. My family is split up over two countries and my parents are divorced so not much really happens on holidays. Don't get me wrong, the days are always lovely but sometimes I struggle because I'm the kind of person who enjoys having traditions and I guess I made watching Dan and Phil a tradition for me.
Slightly off topic but still relevant, but recently I was at a sleepover and I started getting anxious and some dark thoughts started to occur ( wording??) and I kinda just subconsciously reached for my phone and lurked on IDB for literally six hours. It really calmed me down and helped me to think rationally again. This post is getting way too long but I just figured I'd share my thoughts with you guys. <3
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Some shoe size tweets are in the spoiler. But I would love that as well, however I know finding more traditionally feminine shoes in that size is ridiculously hard as one of my friends is a drag queen and he's about 6'1 and a US 12 (and studying law funnily enough). I think I'll forever mourn those lovely Alexander McQueen boots he liked awhile back haha
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:31 pm
Some shoe size tweets are in the spoiler. But I would love that as well, however I know finding more traditionally feminine shoes in that size is ridiculously hard as one of my friends is a drag queen and he's about 6'1 and a US 12 (and studying law funnily enough). I think I'll forever mourn those lovely Alexander McQueen boots he liked awhile back haha
I was actually just thinking that if Dan wanted more feminine shoes he should look at one of those specific drag queen shoes websites/shops (I might have just made them up but I'm almost certain that Rupaul gave a few drag race contestants vouchers/coupons for drag queen shoes.) but I don't know if they'd be to Dan's taste? Dan really suits a slightly more androgynous look in my opinion.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I’d be intrigued to see what feminine shoe designs are available in men’s sizes. The standard stuff I’ve seen is very generic, all red, black or transparent shiny stuff, like how fetish-wear in general defaults to latex and leather. Those white boots with the flowers in the heel were way prettier.
so_cheesy
butt chair

Did I miss something? What's up with "more feminine shoes", where's that came from?
autumnhearth
senpai

so_cheesy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 pm Did I miss something? What's up with "more feminine shoes", where's that came from?
Their relative height in the baking pic led to a discussion on shoes and boots and one person said they’d like to see Dan in heels or more feminine shoes. The Alexander McQueen boots go back to an Instagram comment of Dan’s and a mention in a ls earlier this year. :)
aleanna
glabella

flarequake wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 pm I’d be intrigued to see what feminine shoe designs are available in men’s sizes. The standard stuff I’ve seen is very generic, all red, black or transparent shiny stuff, like how fetish-wear in general defaults to latex and leather. Those white boots with the flowers in the heel were way prettier.
I did a quick google search and found this site :https://www.shoecup.com/collections/drag-queen-shoes

Some of the stuff at the top of the page is like you describe, but the further down you get, the more realistic the shoes are. They even have ballet flats! Nothing quite at the level of those boots, but some nice options of more feminine shoes for men.

A bit off topic, but I am LOVING these boots from the site: Image
I kinda want them, but I have tiny feet. :cry:
Last edited by aleanna on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
phillyforgot
butt chair

I'd hate to be the stereotypical impatient fan, but I'm starting to get annoyed with them posting so late? Why can't they just post already? :sideeye:
autumnhearth
senpai

phillyforgot wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:44 pm I'd hate to be the stereotypical impatient fan, but I'm starting to get annoyed with them posting so late? Why can't they just post already? :sideeye:
I’ve already missed the chance to watch it when it posts (out shopping and then eating with parents) but I do sympathize. I need resist checking on here and Tumblr before I get back in tonight. How strong will my will power be?
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

aleanna wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:42 pm
flarequake wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 pm I’d be intrigued to see what feminine shoe designs are available in men’s sizes. The standard stuff I’ve seen is very generic, all red, black or transparent shiny stuff, like how fetish-wear in general defaults to latex and leather. Those white boots with the flowers in the heel were way prettier.
I did a quick google search and found this site :https://www.shoecup.com/collections/drag-queen-shoes

Some of the stuff at the top of the page is like you describe, but the further down you get, the more realistic the shoes are. They even have ballet flats! Nothing quite at the level of those boots, but some nice options of more feminine shoes for men.

A bit off topic, but I am LOVING these boots from the site: Image
I kinda want them, but I have tiny feet. :cry:
Oh wow I love those shoes! They're really pretty but they won't be in my size haha.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Those are pretty. Thanks for the link. Clearly things have improved beyond what I remember.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:16 am Hurray! They seem to have got an electric mixer :stan: That hand whisking was too painful to watch.
Haha I also noticed that! I’m begging them, please leave out the whisk jokes this year, it’s an old joke now and not funny anymore.

Upload now guys, I am in bed and ready to watch some baking video whoop!

Also, hope everyone is enjoying the new IDB layouts, currently using the Daniel V2 layout and I love having a dark layout again!
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
phillyforgot
butt chair

The new IDB layouts are great. I really like them. :tu:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I found this far too amusing not to share with the class. I bet Dan would love to hear that there is a YouTube teen magazine in Finland and that he and Phil seem to be frequently featured in it. He'd be especially glad to hear that in the latest issue, Phil is in this quiz where you're supposed to connect YouTubers to quotes about dating.

(a big picture under the cut)
The options read as following:

A. "I've never dated properly."
B. "I find men with moustache attractive."
C. "I found my boyfriend through his YouTube channel. I stalked him on all social media channels, after which we started talking."
D. "I went on my first date when I was 11. We ate pizza, were silent, and the girl tickled my feet - I hate being tickled!"
E. "I'm getting married in Finland next summer."

The correct answer for Phil obviously isn't C, but it seems that someone else in the quiz has watched How to Befriend Your Favourite Internet Stars.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

That’s hilarious. So, um, which one was Phil? I’m guessing D.
phillyforgot
butt chair

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 pm I found this far too amusing not to share with the class. I bet Dan would love to hear that there is a YouTube teen magazine in Finland and that he and Phil seem to be frequently featured in it. He'd be especially glad to hear that in the latest issue, Phil is in this quiz where you're supposed to connect YouTubers to quotes about dating.

(a big picture under the cut)
The options read as following:

A. "I've never dated properly."
B. "I find men with moustache attractive."
C. "I found my boyfriend through his YouTube channel. I stalked him on all social media channels, after which we started talking."
D. "I went on my first date when I was 11. We ate pizza, were silent, and the girl tickled my feet - I hate being tickled!"
E. "I'm getting married in Finland next summer."

The correct answer for Phil obviously isn't C, but it seems that someone else in the quiz has watched How to Befriend Your Favourite Internet Stars.
I'm pretty sure that Phil's proper answer is D. I'm pretty sure he's told that story in a video once.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

The correct answer is from this video. :D

ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

they're uploading in 5 minutes...... just a guess... since it would be exactly 24 hrs since phil posted the teaser for it yesterday...
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl