Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

I enjoyed that video. Definitely not my fav baking but it felt a lot more chill than other baking videos and was nice to relax after work. I agree Phil seemed the more hyper one in this video. Will probably come back and do timestamps of it tonight!
happy Easter (and passover!) everyone :love2:
:lion: :prideflag:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. it had no dnp personality to it! there were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants I guess. compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. and im not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinions, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. there were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. they both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween. I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
overall it was a fine video though, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
I have to disagree with you on them getting someone else to edit this video. I don't think that's something they're really heavily considering at this point, and if you're thinking of what Dan said in his liveshow, I think that was Dan talking about how he would benefit from an editor (since he holds his content at a very high quality threshold). Besides, Phil literally went to school for post-production. It was definitely music and effects heavy, but it actually felt very 'Phil' to me. The over-use of royalty free music felt like a bit of a piss-take, and kind of a nod to their older videos, especially since he used Kevin MacLeod's 'Deliberate Thought' when displaying the cookies. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion on my part, but the editing was actually something I really, really loved about the video. I liked how different it felt from what we usually get lately with main channel videos.
Kurai
smol bean

Sorry just completed stuffed up a post plz ignore/delete
anime_is_not_cool
living flop

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:04 pm
firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. it had no dnp personality to it! there were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants I guess. compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. and im not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
Overall it was a fine video though, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
I have to disagree with you on them getting someone else to edit this video. I don't think that's something they're really heavily considering at this point, and if you're thinking of what Dan said in his liveshow, I think that was Dan talking about how he would benefit from an editor (since he holds his content at a very high quality threshold). Besides, Phil literally went to school for post-production. It was definitely music and effects heavy, but it actually felt very 'Phil' to me. The over-use of royalty free music felt like a bit of a piss-take, and kind of a nod to their older videos, especially since he used Kevin MacLeod's 'Deliberate Thought' when displaying the cookies. Maybe this is an unpopular opinion on my part, but the editing was actually something I really, really loved about the video. I liked how different it felt from what we usually get lately with main channel videos.
I'll have to disagree too, it was funny for me to read @firsttimeposter 's opinion because watching the video for the first time i remember thinking "aww the editing is so traditionally Dan and Phil™" multiple times :D imo they have quite a distinct editing style compared to other youtubers i've watched (to the point where i might watch a random person's video and go "based on the timing of that jumpcut, this person must watch deppy" and then the next minute they are mentioned as the person's biggest youtube senpais or something). i would be sad if they've decided to take that route and hire an editor (yay for production value and their choice etc etc but i think they are so on brand all the time that using a professional editor would remove one of the last actually personal aspects of the vids and they would become robot youtubers) but on the other hand, if the editor is this good at replicating their pacing and music choices, let's give deppy all the time they need for tour organizing and secret projects and anime and let the new (gender neutral) guy edit everything they want them to.
// i thought that this video felt a bit different too, but imo it's more about the new kitchen & most importantly dan & phil's behaviour. (and it's been a gradual shift and they are evolving all the time, video by video etc etc.) when they started editing less stuff out (2016 gamingmas/post-baking universe, anyone?) and acting more naturally, taking the jokes further, i would even say talking more (no awkward stares!), the pacing changed a bit and videos are obviously different from 2014. but i'd focus in some of the moments that they've kept since the beginning (like the intermission dance), and how they give the videos a structure that's hard to replicate.
Last edited by anime_is_not_cool on Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesadassassin
dank meme

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm Okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. It had no dnp personality to it! There were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants, I guess. Compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. I'm not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? Everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. There were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. They both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween.
I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
Overall it was a fine video, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
yeah i noticed the different editing style too but i put it to them buying a new app or something for editing
AltMay
glabella

Well, all in all I think it was a good video, not the best baking for sure, but it wasn't the worst either. However, I do felt there was something off with the editing, not sure about the "new editor" theory, but there was definitely something weird. And rewatching it, I found these creepy, unjustified editing flashes a bit suspicious and a bit on the dnpcrafts side of things. But also it coud be me reading too much into it (AS FLIPPIN USUALLY) so idk man. Some screenshots under the spoiler.

1:12 "...we're talking about cookies, crunchy, biscuit, BUNNIES"
??? maybe it's related to that horrible bunny they made at the end. w/e, was worth mentioning.

6:16 This one I don't get it, I mean no need for such a terrifying transition, wth guys.

9:03 "can you not?"
can you not... what? so out of context but not that scary i guess

9:58 "They bake onto the sticks, like a bisc-stick, so you can hold it up like a flower, or a bunny face."
Totally uncalled for OH GOD. Maybe again, in relation to that satanic bunny idk.

Anyway, all of this could be nothing really, but it just seemed too out of theme for an easter baking and had more like a halloween baking vibe. It just seems impossible for me not to at least think about the crafting videos.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
000dia000
emo goose

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm
Okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video. It had no dnp personality to it! There were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants, I guess. Compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. I'm not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? Everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. There were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. They both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween.
I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
Overall it was a fine video, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
I get what you mean. While I don't think that they actually had a new editor for this video, it feels so different that my mind actually jumped there while watching. I can't really pinpoint what it is exactly, especially considering that the video isn't even devoid of the usual jokes and editing that they do, but something feels off about the tone and I just don't know what.

The video was alright, I'm not really hyped about it. They were cute, but it didn't really have the usual energy they have in baking vids, it felt a little different. I'm starting to think that they're trying to change their style slightly? Experiment more? The beginning with the rabbit was so oldschool Phil if felt like a different video. I honestly hope to God they don't get an editor, I could understand getting one for the gaming channel if they planned for more frequent uploads but getting one for their respective channels will be death for what initially made they unique. Become even more generic, boys, let's see what happens.
:cactus:
malday
emo goose

Why would they pay someone for such a basic editing job when the goal of an editor is to improve quality?
Their editing changed throughout the years with the improvement of editing programs. This looked like Phil bought some new special effects and had to get his money's worth.
AltMay
glabella

000dia000 wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 pm
The video was alright, I'm not really hyped about it. They were cute, but it didn't really have the usual energy they have in baking vids, it felt a little different. I'm starting to think that they're trying to change their style slightly? Experiment more? The beginning with the rabbit was so oldschool Phil if felt like a different video. I honestly hope to God they don't get an editor, I could understand getting one for the gaming channel if they planned for more frequent uploads but getting one for their respective channels will be death for what initially made they unique. Become even more generic, boys, let's see what happens.
I had the same feeling about that intro. It was a pleasant surprise.

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

y'all... the editing was SO DnP. if they had an editor, they'd have the decency to credit them at the very least.
but there's no credit in the description is there? it matches perfectly with their sense of humor and chemistry together. i don't know where this theory stemmed from other than Dan briefly mentioned it in a liveshow, but it's not that convincing.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:04 pm
firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm okay so I'm 100% sure they had someone else edit this video.
it had no dnp personality to it! there were so many jumpcuts, and what they left in was nothing but the actual baking (which isn't that fun when they do it well lmao) and a bit of bants I guess. compared to halloween baking 2016, you could definitely see the difference in editing. and im not saying it was bad editing, it was /more/ editing than ever, but imo it was quite generic.
I'm sorry to be this negative, and maybe it's just me being me lol, but it didn't quite feel like the fun and "homemade" content we're used to. I know this is a very unpopular opinions, especially with this video which I don't quite understand?? everyone is saying how flirty and natural it is, but nah mate, I see the complete opposite. there were some moments I liked, the small bants that WERE included, but this really seems like a video I want the directors cut of (the directors being dnp), or 'bloopers' or w/e. they both looked real good though, and their baking was very good though it was pretty much the same as 2015's halloween. I feel as though phil and dan have swapped their energies around this year, phil is f*cking zazzed and seems quite flirty nowadays, and dan is kinda moody which is fine and cool cause it's his branding, if just he stops taking it out on phil all the time hmm.
overall it was a fine video though, I just wish they would edit their videos again.
Aww is that what it’s called? Good to know. I love that music and I like how it was interrupted by little demonic moments. I think it was definitely edited by them. Would a hired editor zoom in on Phil’s ass? Nope. I enjoyed the video. I liked it better than last year’s Easter Baking, but maybe not as much as the triple chocolate nests. And a few of the Halloween bakes probably rank above it for me. Looking forward to rewatching later tonight and tomorrow. Phil’s Jesus and his egg rock was funny and I love Phil’s face as he was waiting for Dan so saw what the dough was as thick as (or should have been thick, they said long).
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:19 pm
blueskies wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:57 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:17 pm
thesadassassin wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:37 am
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 am Maybe the hyping up of the Easter baking video is part of the prank? Like they're making us all excited and speculate-y and when they drop the video it'll just be a "normal" baking vid (normal as in compatible to other previous baking videos lol).
Also I am in agreement with the people who said they'd like to see Dan in more traditionally "feminine" clothes or shoes, but judging by his height he probably has a very large shoe size. Wouldnt that make it quite difficult to find more "feminine" shoes in his size?
Side note: does anyone know Dans shoe size or be able to estimate it somehow?
im pretty sure he said that he's an 11.5 (and phil said he's an 11 btw)
Ah thank you! Oh wow 11.5 is preeeety large. As a size 3.5 I always find it hard to get shoes in my size, even online, as hardly any shops sell .5 shoe sizes. :lol:
wellll...you know what they say about those with big feet ;) (i'm kidding i'm kidding i'm sorry)
i've rarely been so hyped for a vid tbh (pinof excluded). anyone knows when they usually post baking videos?

also: good god if the play button indeed is the one they got for dapcrafts then what are they gonna do in the vid i'm so hyped but also so suspicious
Haha I was about to edit my last post to add something about people with big shoe sizes but you beat me to it :lol:
Oooh if it is the dapc play button maybe they're doing some sort of fake serious apology or like a rebrand to a Good Christian Channel™ if they post the video on Dan's channel.
I may not be the most reliable source to answer your question regarding when they usually post baking videos, but I remember being very sick with a stomach bug and the flu on the sofa this time last year and I believe they posted the baking video after it started getting dark, so around 8 to 9? I guess it also depends on whose channel they post it on as Dan tends to post a bit later than Phil.
Just thought of this but maybe Phil tweeted that picture at 9:30 as a kinda 24 hour preview? I'm proabaly over-thinking this!
Edit: i probably messed up the quotes somehow sorry lads!
this is a late reply but thank you! :D
i quite liked the video! they seemed really flirty in this, especially the bunny fight moment, and the part where dan was so close to making a dick joke but changed it to something Phil-appropriate at the last moment :lol: i feel like that's probably going to be the limit (threshold??) for sexual jokes on Phil's channel for now - explicit enough that anyone who had heard it before would get it, but veiled enough so all the little kids phil keeps talking about won't understand. i do appreciate it though, to me it feels like a step on the amazingphil channel.

is it worth getting my hopes up for an april fool's video tomorrow or will i just be disappointed?
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

It was valid. Just thought I'd use Dan's new buzzword.

My standards for baking videos are admittedly high and while it definitely had it's moments I think it's one of my least favorite baking videos.

Highlights:

- They finally got an electic mixer after almost 6 years of me wondering why the fuck they didn't own one.
- Their reaction to the sound of the dough slapping on the counter.
- The (Almost) Dick Joke. Mostly that full rainbow of emotions that Phil's face goes through in 5 seconds.
- Empty fridge looked empty and suspiciously hidden. I don't want to believe in the 2 flats theory buuuuuut... *grumble*
- Capitalist King Phil Of The IRL Digital Empire sponning Carrie's oven glove.

I don't think they had someone else edit it.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

enjoyable baking video but not my favorite. i'm not sure anything could top monster pops for me.

totally agree @Catallena, i've ALWAYS wondered why they don't use an electric mixer. watching them do that stuff by hand has always been painful.

also i'm sure there was already a conversation about this here but posting the day before easter and leaving tomorrow open for....something....anything at alll.....one fear. i'm going to be on edge all day hahah.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Definitely don't think they had anyone else edit it. I think Dan was talking about an editor and filming crew for his own very scripted, sketch-filled videos - which is a whole different ballgame than Dan and Phil hiring an editor for something like this or the gaming videos. Dan would easily be able to trust someone else to help him execute a vision when he gets to give them a shot by shot guide. There's a loose guide for DAPG or joint videos like this (baking video = bake cookies) but dialogue and shot wise... it's just Dan and Phil, being Dan and Phil. And at it's core... this video just felt full of genuine Phil edits. If they hired a professional, I'd say kudos to that professional who must surely be a student of classic AmazingPhil. (But really: I think it was just Phil.)

I do think that this video was overly edited, though I sort of put it down to time. They seemed to have a lot of ambitious ideas, and the thing is - they mostly pulled it off? But the video was sixteen minutes as is and we didn't see: them coloring the fondant (assuming that's basically what they used) or them making the batch of chocolate ones. (But out of fairness to them, I think watching them make two identical batches would have been repetitive so I understand one being cut.)

This was a really enjoyable chill baking video to me. I think they're just at a catch-22 where people expect more and more, newer and cooler, funnier and yet also more genuine with every single new video and when something doesn't exceed what the last one did people start to pick it apart. The more years they do this the less each video will actually be that special and unique, unless they start trying to put in a twist to each one (like they did with Halloween). This legitimately just felt like watching Dan and Phil bake to me, except with big chunks edited out. I actually prefer this to the handicapped twist, but I can understand why it felt boring to some people.

So idk, this is a rambling response. I'm all over the place because it was highly enjoyable to me yet I get why some people are unsatisfied. This video wasn't as fast paced or funny but it's still the exact sort of video I'll be rewatching when I just want to smile at Dan and Phil. (And I think a lot of what I'm responding really well to is just their general chill attitude with each other and lowkey flirtiness with no real attempt at distancing from it.)
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

the editing felt weird at times and it's def not my fave baking vid but I also think they'll have the decency to let us know at least in the comments if someone else is doing it for them
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

a couple of things I wanna note... :frantictyping:

I love the new ranks and themes :love2: big thank you to everyone who works so hard to keep IDB up and running- I appreciate you guys so much! :D

I was pretty pumped for a new DnP video, but was anyone else happy to see Nathan Zed pop up in their feed? god i wish he'd post more frequently, love that man :philtrash:

Now, this wasn't my favorite baking video persay, but I didn't think it was particularly boring or anything- I still really enjoyed it, even with a lack of any big fails or whatever. I'm probably the only one who's a bit sad to see the electric mixer, it feels like the end of something... or maybe I'm just too dramatic :roll: (yeah definitely that).

that said, this video felt very authentic and cute to me, and I didn't really think the editing was too off. I felt like it was still edited by Dan and Phil, everything from that stupid raining screen effect (that I love so much for whatever reason) to the music seemed like it was done by them. It did feel maybe a tad bit more sterile, but I think that was the new kitchen... like someone said earlier, it doesn't feel as cozy as the old one, but I still like it enough- god, remember back when all we wanted to see was their new apartment's kitchen?? not that we have a grasp on the apartment's layout yet, all these months later... (sorry to bring that up again!)

it'll be interesting to see if they post tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath- it'd just be a nice surprise. This video was satisfying enough so I won't be horribly let down by no April Fools vid. All in all, fairly content with this content :blackheart:
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
tyhane
delia smith

I'm struggling to put my finger on why it was that I was kind of bored by this video. Not necessarily disliked, honestly just bored. It definitely wasn't my least favorite of the baking videos (that one goes to 2017 Easter baking) but it felt somehow different than all the others.

I find that usually, I enjoy a video if it's either plain old funny and entertaining, or flirty/domestic enough that I can just appreciate their chemistry. Usually videos are a mixture of both, but as long as there's one side, I'm good. So I think my problem with this video was that it didn't bring enough of either for my tastes. Typically I appreciate baking videos more for the funny side, but this one didn't do it for me.

I saw a lot of people say it felt more relaxed and chill, and I wish I could've enjoyed it for that, but they still felt quite "on" to me. Also, I'm apparently very unobservant because I didn't notice a single thing different with the editing and I was very confused when I was seeing stuff about it on my dash. :lol: And I have to say it, that moment with the kneading was... a lot. Might have rewound that a couple times.
hello9217
flower crown

I suppose I liked this one quite a bit because it did feel more genuine to who they are. I kind of get tired of the over the top exaggerating everything type of attitude. I get why some people may not enjoy that but I also think people set their expectations way too high for deppy. This video was really cute to me :shrug:

Also as for the editor: I only think this is a discussion because Dan made everyone see it. If he never brought up an editor in his liveshow then no one would think twice. Phil and Dan have both said that Phil is freakishly fast at editing things, he has a degree in it, so it literally makes 0 since to me that he would use/trust someone else to edit his videos. I could see dan using one for dinof but only for dinof.
idk
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

i agree with the people who thought it was mildly boring but i’d say more uneventful without the connotations of boring. i think the best summary of it is that it was pleasantly alright. i dont think there was anything stand out about it and it’s not a video that begs for an immediate rewatch either

the only parts of the editing that felt slightly weird to me were the sounds overplayed on top like the bouncing sound though idky. the rest did seem like it was trying to throw back to their old baking videos but i'd attribute that to their lack of spare time rn and as a consequence falling back on old formulas that they know are tried and true

i also agree with the fact that dan was lower energy than phil and that made it appear as if phil was overcompensating but i think there was just a disconnect between their two moods rather than phil deliberately over compensating bc he knows dan’s not up to it iygwim. i’d assume phil just ate too much sugar beforehand & dan didn’t but it did result in looking like phil carried the video

also, with 27 days until their 6 month worldwide tour starting i absolutely do expect ~lower, more tired moods and faux attempts to perk themselves up for the camera bc i assume there’s a whole lot going on rn with finalising details + rehearsals + prefilming videos + those tbc dates that are still giving them trouble + preparations for leaving etc. so i don’t think this video is out of the ordinary at this point in space time

tldr; i think it was an alright video that is a product of everything else they have on their plates rn & i love empty fridges & phil sponning multiple corners of the irl company
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

idk wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:19 am
also, with 27 days until their 6 month worldwide tour starting i absolutely do expect ~lower, more tired moods and faux attempts to perk themselves up for the camera bc i assume there’s a whole lot going on rn with finalising details + rehearsals + prefilming videos + those tbc dates that are still giving them trouble + preparations for leaving etc. so i don’t think this video is out of the ordinary at this point in space time

tldr; i think it was an alright video that is a product of everything else they have on their plates rn & i love empty fridges & phil sponning multiple corners of the irl company
I think you made a few really good points there. The more lowkey/chill attitude could definitely be down to them just genuinely being exhausted because of other reasons.
AltMay wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:34 pm Well, all in all I think it was a good video, not the best baking for sure, but it wasn't the worst either. However, I do felt there was something off with the editing, not sure about the "new editor" theory, but there was definitely something weird. And rewatching it, I found these creepy, unjustified editing flashes a bit suspicious and a bit on the dnpcrafts side of things. But also it coud be me reading too much into it (AS FLIPPIN USUALLY) so idk man. Some screenshots under the spoiler.

??? maybe it's related to that horrible bunny they made at the end. w/e, was worth mentioning.

6:16 This one I don't get it, I mean no need for such a terrifying transition, wth guys.

9:58 "They bake onto the sticks, like a bisc-stick, so you can hold it up like a flower, or a bunny face."
Totally uncalled for OH GOD. Maybe again, in relation to that satanic bunny idk.

Anyway, all of this could be nothing really, but it just seemed too out of theme for an easter baking and had more like a halloween baking vibe. It just seems impossible for me not to at least think about the crafting videos.
Thank you so much for all the screencaps. Idk if it's intentional or not but I'm super intrigued.
swofro
angel bean

annetamiau wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:16 pm What I found very distracting (and not in a good way) was that you couldn't see the actual countertop surface. Just why?
Same. I think this video lacks the footage of them actually doing stuff. There is only a bit of creaming the butter thing and a small cut of adding the flour. No kneading or rolling the dough footage, only the product when the action is finished. And also no countertop. (Do I watch the vid for baking or for deppy? I have no idea) I'm sorry for the nitpicking but it really bothers me. Maybe I need a second watch to properly enjoy it.

Seconding the two flat theory because of the empty fridge.

Phil's hair is on point tho. :love2: :love2:
Love is forever
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

AltMay wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:34 pm Well, all in all I think it was a good video, not the best baking for sure, but it wasn't the worst either. However, I do felt there was something off with the editing, not sure about the "new editor" theory, but there was definitely something weird. And rewatching it, I found these creepy, unjustified editing flashes a bit suspicious and a bit on the dnpcrafts side of things. But also it coud be me reading too much into it (AS FLIPPIN USUALLY) so idk man. Some screenshots under the spoiler.

Exactly. I think all the creepy bits (that Phil edited in) were a deliberate homage to danandphilcrafts--folding the April Fool's video into the Easter one.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
pilotlight
#relatable
Pronouns: he/him

I haven't had time to read all the discussion yet but I really liked the video even though the cookies didn't looked like they tasted very good tbh. Maybe I'm just not a fan of that kind of cookie though. (I also watched it after doing some easter baking myself, so it's also possible that I was feeling a little queasy from a few too many cupcakes...) The weird editing did reminded me of the April Fools videos, and part way through I wondered if the baking was going to descend into weirdness, but I guess it was just a bit of a nod instead. (Or just a coincidence?)
The decorating especially cracked me up because Phil's bunnies were honestly horrifying.

Anyway, not my favourite baking video, cuz it's hard to top Monster Pops, but it made me laugh, they both looked great, and I'll probably rewatch it.

OH, and the new theme is really cool!
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

I also think there were some deliberate references to DAPC (the way Dan said 'Hygiene is important' while Phil was washing his hands for example). Combine that with the fact that they stated pretty clearly that DAPC was over last year, and that it would mean posting two videos in two days, makes me very confused as to why so many people are expecting a april fool's video.

But I definitely won't complain if they prove me wrong.
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~