Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
autumnhearth
senpai
Pronouns: she/her

dancy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:12 pm Boy, did I miss that guy and his live shows! I loved every single bit of it :love2: He was really chatty, told so many lovely anecdotes and I'm excited for them to start using IG stories!

I hope he'll do another one in the upcoming 5 weeks before the tour starts or a joint one would be nice as well!
A joint ls before tour starts would be lovely. I thought they might share their tour designs and whatnot in a side channel video, but it does look more likely that will be through an IG story. I know I signed up for Instagram a year or two ago, but I need to remember my password so I can be ready for all this.
malday wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:12 pm What kind of weird cute-ass system was that where the level of stress is measured by the pitch of the yee meme?! They are on a different plane of existence!
Oh, is yee a meme? I just noticed that Phil had been saying it a lot in gaming videos. I may go investigate that. But yes, I love their system. :love2:
DatCog wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:19 pm Well that was just delightful!

Here's the other quiff pics that someone kindly grabbed on Tumblr:
Gah! Those are such lovely pics, I wish he had posted a set.

Oh and it definitely sounds like his individual merch will not be ready for II.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I just saw this on Twitter and I literally think I might die if he ever grew some stubble like that
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I can't believe I missed a Phil liveshow that was actually interesting fml. Tour IG stories, wearing Dan's merch next video, general domestic shit? Gotta put that on the watch back list.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217
flower crown

missemma wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 pm I just saw this on Twitter and I literally think I might die if he ever grew some stubble like that
This just makes me want to fill in his eyebrows even more.
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m all here for some stubble as long as they never do this:
But I don’t like that it’s “perfected” him. It changed his eye shape... :|
It looks like they merged his face with some young male celeb.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Oooh the ls sound so lovely!! I can't wait to watch it later!!

Those unpost quiff photos are killing me
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

that liveshow put me in such a good mood!
im pretty sure he kept looking to his far left off camera at dan
also i heard a lot of typing lmao
he wouldn't shut up about dan!!!
phil looked so damn good and he always has nice stuff to talk about aaaaa
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Didn't realize just how different the hair makes him look until I saw this omg
I mean like....his face looks the same...but so different
victorycafe
squish

God, he looks so good. And is it just me or does he seem a bit more confident too? Maybe I'm projecting but either way he looks fantastic and happy :)

Is it weird that the thought of their impending, nearly half a year long tour makes me kind of anxious? I think it sends my empath senses skyrocketing, because I know that being away from home for that long, and in a new city every day, would probably make me have a breakdown. Plus I can only assume it'll be weird content-wise; I wasn't around for the TATINOF days so I don't have a precedent there. Anyway, when it comes to this tour, this is one of the times I really hope that they're ~together~ because I think being with my SO would probably be the only way I could survive something like that. Although I guess no matter what the nature of their relationship, they make each other feel at home wherever they are.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

RIP Fabrice, you won't really be missed. Great LS, I'm glad he didn't post that second photo of the quiff (the one not in front of the blue wall), i think it was too beautiful for my mortal eyes. He streamed with chocolate pretzels and I'm so thirsty for Phil content I didn't mind that he had a 3 minute chat about sweets.
starwatersong
phabergé

Also, forgot to mention that when talking about his merch he flushed a lovely red colour. Very cute. :love1:
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd

wow, what a great liveshow :love2: I have nothing particularly interesting to say, just that it for real made me feel the happiest I've been since probably the start of the year (basically, since Phil's last ls). Also, I feel oddly reassured about the II now, after being a bit unsettled by all Dan's "give the people what they want", "explore the relationship with our audience" and his general nervousness (nevermind the discourse about his mental state and the phandom crying #phandivorce, yikes). Yes, Phil can appear superficial at times, but deppy really complete each other by having different approaches to communication with their audience, that's something I truly love about them!

The only thing I regret is the fact that it's been so long (and now we'll probably have to wait another two months before a new one *sigh*) and so we don't have the opportunity to hear about some things at all this year, from one or both of them. Like, for example, Dan gave some of his opinions on films nominated for Oscar, Phil didn't and now the topic is obsolete (I know that they usually have the same opinion on everything, but it's still interesting to hear, their reasons aren't necessarily the same), or they haven't talked about gifts, or, you know, a million other topical things that are important only at a particular moment. Maybe that's just privacy, maybe she's born with it but in any case, reducing dramatically the number of liveshows doesn't create the healthiest atmosphere in the phandom, as it's been thoroughly debated on here, just saying. I'm excited about instagram stories though!
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

coffeepenguin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 amThe only thing I regret is the fact that it's been so long (and now we'll probably have to wait another two months before a new one *sigh*) and so we don't have the opportunity to hear about some things at all this year, from one or both of them. Like, for example, Dan gave some of his opinions on films nominated for Oscar, Phil didn't and now the topic is obsolete (I know that they usually have the same opinion on everything, but it's still interesting to hear, their reasons aren't necessarily the same), or they haven't talked about gifts, or, you know, a million other topical things that are important only at a particular moment. Maybe that's just privacy, maybe she's born with it but in any case, reducing dramatically the number of liveshows doesn't create the healthiest atmosphere in the phandom, as it's been thoroughly debated on here, just saying. I'm excited about instagram stories though!
I agree with this, though I do think it might be one of those situations where Dan and Phil are putting what feels healthy to them over what is healthy for us as a group. In an immediate sense it frustrates me, but what keeps floating through my brain is Dan saying one reason he doesn't want to do weekly set schedule liveshows is 'what if he's having a crisis that day' and it makes me wonder how draining on them sticking to something just because the audience is used to it was on them. It feels like another step in line towards making their lives something they want to live and not just performed for us, along with dan ditching dinof and both of them ditching the matching straightened hairstyles. So while again I personally want liveshows it's just hard for me to be mad about it, because (last two weeks aside) everything they're doing right now just makes for two blindingly happy boys putting out the best gaming content they've done to date.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

Does anyone have a YouTube link to Phil's liveshow?
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sapienveneficus wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 am Does anyone have a YouTube link to Phil's liveshow?
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:12 am
sapienveneficus wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:04 am Does anyone have a YouTube link to Phil's liveshow?
:thankyou:
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

im thinkin about dans merch again... and... wow. i kinda want the eclipse sweatshirt... yeah yeah, old branding, but i just like it in the form of a sweater.
but i know i won't buy it cause I'm an unemployed young adult living with his parents with only a $1 coin in my clown-piggybank.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I'm sorry. I know a whole (really wonderful) LS happened, but all I can really focus on is Phil and his hair and his beautiful face with his beautiful new hair. And.... the hair. Phil changed his hair. For good.

No more lego hair. No more fringe.

:fan:

I'll get over it eventually, I'm sure.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

I can't believe the reign of Fabrice has finally ended, god bless. Phil has literally never looked better in my opinion, he looked stunning in this liveshow!! And whoever said he seemed more confident as well, I totally agree. I felt like he knew how good he looked, and that added a little burst of confidence into his mannerisms - like he was more comfortable in himself or something? Which could totally be me projecting, but regardless - this new hairdresser is my new best friend and I owe them my life.

Phil's blinding beauty aside...... god I love that man. He is just so likable. I couldn't stop smiling the entire liveshow, god. He talked about his new hairstyle with pride and confidence, but never arrogance or cockiness. He was so bubbly and cheery, and he told entertaining anecdotes (the Martyn story omg), and he was kind to people who were sad (telling the person in the chat that they wouldn't be heartbroken forever).

And also god, he couldn't shut up about Dan!! I loved hearing about how Dan betrayed him when they got needles (I like to think he downplayed the pain so he wouldn't freak Phil out), and their Fortnight Arrangement to keep Phil from getting overstressed, and how Dan's hair (thick and curly) is the opposite of Phil's (thin and straight), and how Dan is a photographer extraordinaire, and Dan's gonna have his birthday in Poland, and Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan. It was cute :')

Also that they're gonna do instagram stories!! That has the potential to be amazing, I hope they have a similar vibe to the little videos Phil used to post on LAP throughout 2014 and 2015.

In conclusion: I love Phil.
autumnhearth wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 pm Oh, is yee a meme? I just noticed that Phil had been saying it a lot in gaming videos. I may go investigate that. But yes, I love their system. :love2:
'tis a classique:
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

What, the era of the lego hair finally ends and I miss it? :sideeye: I'm so glad though. Obviously Phil needs to do his hair like he wants but it looks so much better. Looking back, the matching hairstyles were kinda cringey actually. I never felt like it back when they had them somehow, probably because I was used to seeing them, but rewatching older videos, the matching hair sticks out now and not in a positive way. So glad they've moved away from that and I hope we'll see more surprising and "not on brand" fashion decisions from them. It feels like they're letting go of their formulaic personas bit by bit (Dan starting a bit earlier than Phil though).
Loafer
sofa crease

I knew Phil would suit this hair, but I was not prepared for how good he would look. I’ve been staring at gifs from the live show like :loveeyes:

Do y’all think they will continue the Easter baking tradition? I think it will be hard to top the Halloween conjoined one, so I’m kinda hoping for a bizzare Easter/April fools satanic Easter baking video. I enjoyed seeing their weird/creative sides come through more during the DanAndPhilCrafts videos, and I imagine combining that concept with a baking video could be really cool. Might be a bit offinsive though :lol: Or maybe something troll-y, like “we fucked up so bad last year that this year we’re making toast!” And just do twenty minutes of progressively more creative toast. Or maybe another challenge? Dan has to carry Phil piggy-back for the entire video? Or one is blindfolded, the other can’t use their hands? (Like the Mario cart challenge?)
autumnhearth
senpai

Loafer wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 pm I knew Phil would suit this hair, but I was not prepared for how good he would look. I’ve been staring at gifs from the live show like :loveeyes:

Do y’all think they will continue the Easter baking tradition? I think it will be hard to top the Halloween conjoined one, so I’m kinda hoping for a bizzare Easter/April fools satanic Easter baking video. I enjoyed seeing their weird/creative sides come through more during the DanAndPhilCrafts videos, and I imagine combining that concept with a baking video could be really cool. Might be a bit offinsive though :lol: Or maybe something troll-y, like “we fucked up so bad last year that this year we’re making toast!” And just do twenty minutes of progressively more creative toast. Or maybe another challenge? Dan has to carry Phil piggy-back for the entire video? Or one is blindfolded, the other can’t use their hands? (Like the Mario cart challenge?)
This. I would prefer something like this. Though obviously I’ll take anything. They skipped a year of Easter Baking didn’t they? It was 2015 and 2017. I’m also down for their pastel personas doing crafts. Oh dear... I just got an image of their pastel *plushies* baking... like a short stop motion film... set to the cat face drawing game music. Why is imagining this making me emotional? Honestly, what’s wrong with me? If they don’t make it, somebody else should. Though it would probably ruin the plushies.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

I dig Phil's new hairstyle. Haven't had the chance to see the liveshow yet, so I don't know if he went into the reasons why he changed his hair (I'm guessing not?) but this really does feel more suitable to his hair. My theory is that besides any sort of branding issues he liked to hold on to the emo fringe because fringes just seem youthful, and he had been sporting one for so long now that cutting it off kind of must have felt like waving a piece of your youth goodbye. But for a lot of men, retreating hairlines and thinning hair are just hard facts of life :D

I'm still hopeful that the liveshows may make a more regular comeback after the tour but the first signs aren't good. Once every two months would be so little, and it looked like Dan would go for a biweekly sort of arrangement but that idea has been blown out of the water this week (so far).
Frankly i hope they just don't care about anything people say about their liveshows and just do them for the people who enjoy them. Hopefully, they really do feel about those liveshows as enjoyable get-togethers with their audience, and a way to foster a connection with their less cleansed, more genuine selves.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
AltMay
glabella

Hello there! New user old lurker here, as it's meant to be :)
Just chiming in to point out (aside of all the fwiff discourse which is on point) how his voice dropped and went all soft while impersonating Dan comforting him. We know they obviously use a different tone of voice to talk out of camera, but something about how aware of it he is or idk maybe I'm reading too much into it but it felt really personal and i loved it.
Also, gotta agree with everyone on the fact he's showing so much confidence and I'm absolutely living for it. It was about damn time!!!

The world is an amazing place, look at it instead of your flaws.