Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
fancybum
senpai

Well I hope Sandra, who definitely exists, feels better. Karma is real :sparkle:

Looking at that makes me feel so itchy :?
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
sparkle
blobfish
Pronouns: she/her

simmehchan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm There's many things I didn't need to ever see and this is near top of that list.
I think i'm supposed to come here and say something relevant about Dans liveshow (though as someone whose email address from 2008 is so offensive that I dont want to put it here for fear of being banned. seriously) I agree with what he did.

My only relevant comments is FUCK ME LOOK AT THOSE ARMS :stan:

(also Dream Cream from Lush is amazing for urticaria, sincerely someone with skin writing disorder)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

the happiest colour brings him pain and agony

i have a friend who's allergic to red dye, but i wonder what was in the yellow that made him like this? he wore yellow before for Young Minds, then the cheese costume, and then that ugly yellow hoodie he got from topman when he was 15.
hives are very uncomfortable, i get hives from hot and cold weather it sucks. not to fabric though.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

jfc he really needs to zero in on exactly what caused that to avoid it before tour starts
fancybum wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:38 pm Well I hope Sandra, who definitely exists, feels better. Karma is real :sparkle:
lmfao this is the best take on it.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

I hope he goes to a doctor to do those tests to see what exactly you're allergic to because that looks pretty bad, itchy and painful, what if it happens while on tour? Stress can sometimes trigger new allergies
autumnhearth
senpai

Yikes indeed, but at least he seems in good humor about it. @ratlad I don’t think it’s the color yellow in general, but something specific about the chemical in or on that shirt. My mom always warns me to wash new clothes before wearing them too. Ouch!
sadshrew
tol bean

That's a pretty impressive rash he's got going on there. I hope he didn't wear a new shirt before washing it first (although that would explain the allergic reaction and make it easy to avoid it in the future), it always shocks me when people do that. You don't know what kind of surfaces your garments have spent time on in the factory.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

sadshrew wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm That's a pretty impressive rash he's got going on there. I hope he didn't wear a new shirt before washing it first, it always shocks me when people do that. You don't know what kind of surfaces your garments have spent time on in the factory.
or what kind of dye they used and all the people that handled it before it made its way to you. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who always washes their new clothes first. I genuinely thought it was my OCD making me do this so this is making me feel really validated, thanks! :tu:

That reaction looks awful, I hope he's okay. He replied to a question about whether he's going to the doctor's, and apparently he's not going, he just took an antihistamine??? Again, this might be my ocd/anxiety talking, but this isn't normal. I'd have been at the doctor's asking for allergy tests hours ago instead of casually tweeting about it.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Yikes I feel really bad for him, that looks like it feels so horrible. I hope he finds out what caused it so he can stay away from it forever lmao
I'm having an extremely hard time understanding how some people are thirsting over those pictures tbh, all I wanna do is put him in an ice bath and permanently remove that photo from my mind
....or maybe i'm just too much of a lesbian
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

oh yikes, what are the odds it was something from ASOS? He did mention they bought some stuff from there in his liveshow last night...
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
fancybum
senpai

sadshrew wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm That's a pretty impressive rash he's got going on there. I hope he didn't wear a new shirt before washing it first (although that would explain the allergic reaction and make it easy to avoid it in the future), it always shocks me when people do that. You don't know what kind of surfaces your garments have spent time on in the factory.
Maybe they were still trying on clothes for tour? He mentioned they were doing that yesterday. So if they’re just going to send back things they don’t decide on, washing isn’t an option. But that might be a reach because would Dan really choose a yellow shirt for tour...? Orrrr maybe Janice was just finally trying to take him out because she’s sick of sharing Phil.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

fancybum wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm
sadshrew wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm That's a pretty impressive rash he's got going on there. I hope he didn't wear a new shirt before washing it first (although that would explain the allergic reaction and make it easy to avoid it in the future), it always shocks me when people do that. You don't know what kind of surfaces your garments have spent time on in the factory.
Maybe they were still trying on clothes for tour? He mentioned they were doing that yesterday. So if they’re just going to send back things they don’t decide on, washing isn’t an option. But that might be a reach because would Dan really choose a yellow shirt for tour...? Orrrr maybe Janice was just finally trying to take him out because she’s sick of sharing Phil.
According to Dan it was a Young Minds shirt.
fancybum
senpai

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:43 pm According to Dan it was a Young Minds shirt.
Oh damn. Well he definitely should have washed it first then, skin irritants from a charity are still skin irritants, whoops :lol:
sadshrew
tol bean

citizen_erased wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:30 pm
That reaction looks awful, I hope he's okay. He replied to a question about whether he's going to the doctor's, and apparently he's not going, he just took an antihistamine??? Again, this might be my ocd/anxiety talking, but this isn't normal. I'd have been at the doctor's asking for allergy tests hours ago instead of casually tweeting about it.
I don't know his situation, but judging from the I Nearly Blinded Myself video, he seems to me like the type of person who doesn't want to go to the doctor unless he has broken a leg or ruptured his spleen. In my country public healthcare is free, but being free means the doctors don't have time to look at every scratch or bump, so in the case of an allergic reaction like this one people are usually advised to monitor it at home and see if it goes away on its own before seeking a doctor's opinion. It's only serious and demands immediate treatment if it affects your breathing.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

sadshrew wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:00 pm
I don't know his situation, but judging from the I Nearly Blinded Myself video, he seems to me like the type of person who doesn't want to go to the doctor unless he has broken a leg or ruptured his spleen. In my country public healthcare is free, but being free means the doctors don't have time to look at every scratch or bump, so it in the case of an allergic reaction like this one people are usually advised to monitor it at home and see if it goes away on its own before seeking a doctor's opinion. It's only serious and demands immediate treatment if it affects your breathing.
He did say he was wheezing, though, and he could definitely afford to see a private doctor. :shrug:
citizen_erased
truth bomb

I don't know his situation, but judging from the I Nearly Blinded Myself video, he seems to me like the type of person who doesn't want to go to the doctor unless he has broken a leg or ruptured his spleen. In my country public healthcare is free, but being free means the doctors don't have time to look at every scratch or bump, so it in the case of an allergic reaction like this one people are usually advised to monitor it at home and see if it goes away on its own before seeking a doctor's opinion. It's only serious and demands immediate treatment if it affects your breathing.
Obviously it's all up to him in the end, but he did say he was wheezing. (In my country it's also free to go to the doctor's, but I would personally consider this serious enough to want to go instead of just waiting it out.)
sadshrew
tol bean

somethingsketchy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 pm
He did say he was wheezing, though, and he could definitely afford to see a private doctor. :shrug:
If it's affecting his breathing, I agree he ought to get it checked just to be sure. And yeah he can definitely afford going to a private doctor, I don't think money is the issue here but rather Dan not wanting to make a big deal out of it, which to me is in line with some of his earlier behaviour.
noodlebum
flower crown

Bit cuter than Dans photos from today :lol:
autumnhearth
senpai

Cherry blossoms, sunshine, quiff and glasses! Thank you for the eye bleach Phil!
firsttimeposter
living flop

Phil in that picture! I am swooning! Every time he does - that pose - I know it's gonna be good, and with the glasses and the small streak of natural hair color... uhh yes phil. Also the cherry blossom is much larger that what I imagined yesterday when dan mentioned them, and I love iT.. They just wanna live in their own little England/Japan world, those weebos.
sadshrew
tol bean

Aww I'm glad Dan's wish from yesterday came true so soon! Phil's looking amazing and freshly shaven and I now demand a cherry blossom fest 2018.
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Aw he looks so sweet, especially with his roots showing and the sunlight reflecting off of his glasses :love2:
edit: and he changed his twitter avi!! I love one (1) man
hello9217
flower crown

He looks so beautiful. Finally quiff and glasses. Good good goodness :love2:
dancy
procrastinator

The day has come... I'm now on team quiff <3
The damage control is working
firsttimeposter
living flop

liola wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:04 am On another negative note because I can't help myself, since the beginning of the year he seems to portray himself as distanced from Phil am I the only one having this thought? It disappears when they are in videos together or when he talks about the tour. I'm not sure how to describe it either tbh
I feel the exact same way, more and more things he does and says are beginning to look like him distancing himself from phil, and the Dan and Phil branding. It seems to me like phil pretty much runs the gaming channel all by himself (obviously dan is in them, but I feel like phil finds all the games they're playing, has control over the spons they do, and maybe even edits them all himself??). I hope they'll keep their private relationship even if dan does rebrand away from amazingphil of Dan and Phil.