Dan & Phil Part 68: The Quiffening

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
droopy
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

of course this is the video that finally makes me break and come crawling back to post on idb instead of just lurking and doing homework, o f c o u r s e

Phil in a flower crown nearly gave me a heart attack, and I think the only reason I'm still alive is the fact that he was wearing it for the sake of a #spon and not #spontaneously. Still, feeling blessed.

To answer the people asking about Dan's "which is more distressing for me" comment, I think he was asking, "which is more a more distressing answer, that I think about robots during sex or tiny pigs in booties?" Dan was so against the piggy card that Phil switched it out with the robot one, and Dan was like, "well, thanks, they're both terrible, which is the lesser of two evils?" :lol: That was how my brain initially interpreted it, at least.

(edit: in an old, old forum I used to visit as a kid, whenever someone's post ended up at the top of the page, they would edit it to add "TOTPD" which was short for, "Top of the Page Dance!"

so... TOTPD :elephant: )
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

Catallena wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:35 am - As soon as I figure out a capitalism joke about Dan's name it's over for that Capita£ester bitch! (anyone any ideas?)
Here are some terrible suggestions I came up with while procrastinating that'll hopefully spur someone else to have a better idea

• The Invisible Howell (like... hand... but not... I'll go)

• Ho-welfare Capitalism

• David Hume (the initials are the same so it remind me of Dan? idk...)

wow such quality word play top notch if I do say so myself! actually just do me a favor and ignore all of these...
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
knq
lava lamp

droopy wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:20 am To answer the people asking about Dan's "which is more distressing for me" comment, I think he was asking, "which is more a more distressing answer, that I think about robots during sex or tiny pigs in booties?" Dan was so against the piggy card that Phil switched it out with the robot one, and Dan was like, "well, thanks, they're both terrible, which is the lesser of two evils?" :lol: That was how my brain initially interpreted it, at least.
I mean the micro pig (which I... totally wasn’t expecting to be something else. nope) is obviously funnier. ;)

Phil says “that’s more of a roast” while Dan is reacting to the robot answer. Maybe the robot is a vibrator? Maybe he’s implying Dan isn’t getting any? That’s sort of roasty? Am I thinking about this too hard?
autumnhearth
senpai

Phil Lester has never looked prettier. That flower crown gave his hair all sorts of dimension, it actually looked a bit wavy, his face was glowing, he looked very lithe in that black jumper and so demure behind a fan of cards. The black and white aesthetic of this video was just :blackheart:

I took the final decision of the ‘what do I think of during sex?’ to be between ‘dying’ and ‘teaching robots how to love’ as was reflected by the cards on the screen. The micro pigs were already ruled out. :shrug:

Also at the very end of the end screen there is a jump cut “something” became “cheeky bum sex”. How ironic. :sideeye:
Artdefines06
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: She/They/Nothing

Hey - I'm only 1.45 into the cards against humanity video and it has already made me come out of lurkdom.

Did they film this seconds after a team of professional stylists left their flat?The perfectly curled and coiffed hair on both of them. The clear skin and bright eyes and clothes that fit. Dan's little earing and phils flower thing that I hated/loved.

The only thing that would have made it perfect would be if Dan's lips arent chapped.

They look so grown and professional and happy and I am really looking forward to stories of this tour and I pray that it isnt some meme-ridden, same 20 jokes every time script. Please let them just have fun and be spontaneous and feel safe being themselves among the people, and let the people support and enjoy them without hassle. Please.

I guess I should watch the rest of the video now. Wish me luck.

EDIT: OMG they might play CAH in the show and everyone from each show needs to commit everything to memory and report back pls. thanks.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I've had a think and I've decided that they're going to do one of those weird electrocution things as a forfeit for a game on stage. Like that machine Tyler had in his video with Dan.

And probably they have the potential of attaching it to each other's nips.

This is my assumption and you can't take it away from me~
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

rizzo wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 am I've had a think and I've decided that they're going to do one of those weird electrocution things as a forfeit for a game on stage. Like that machine Tyler had in his video with Dan.

that's what i was thinking too!!!! also another prediction i have is maybe a lie detector test??
maybe a "best friend test" live, all the truth will be revealed.
is this what dan meant by 'living his truth' ?? i think i am onto something y'all....,,,,,
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Dear diary,

Today, Phil taught me to use a condom during anal sex as to not get pregnant.
That is all.

(Oh, and he did look amazing. And I am usually not a person to point that out. I can also totally get behind the thought process of giving him the flower crown to not hide the quiff under the cap. Giving the people what they want! )
rizzo wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:43 am I've had a think and I've decided that they're going to do one of those weird electrocution things as a forfeit for a game on stage. Like that machine Tyler had in his video with Dan.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Overall I think II will be a mix of onstage challenges with some audience input.
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

I was thinking that as a possibility too. I wonder if there would be any repercussions from doing that almost every day for months though? Like I feel like maybe it would be rough on their bodies to get electrocuted so often and for so long? I'm pretty sure the thing most youtubers use is an actual medical device, so its probably doing a lot more than just like a novelty shock toy or something. Does anyone know if that could be an issue or not?
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

If they actually bring out a TENS machine as a forfeit, I will roll my eyes very hard. I had one, it stopped working, but they're good for pain relief. Not meant for giving pain :roll: Some info https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/transcuta ... de-effects Not all that dangerous unless you have a epilepsy, a heart condition, pacemaker or, good timing on this one, are pregnant, but still seems pretty daft to me.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Dan and Phil playing CAH - sign me up for this.

When they uploaded I was actually in bed and falling asleep so I have only just watched the video and I enjoyed it, although I'm sure that they took out the proper offensive cards because I can't imagine them uploading anything really bad (which is the main aim of the game lbr).

Whilst I thought that the game play was pretty tame tbh, it was recitified by Phil with his hair pushed back, in that black sweater and looking hot af. They sponned the merch so hard but I honestly don't care because we were gifted with Phil in that outfit with the hair and wow. I agree with others that there if there had been glasses in that mix too that it would have pushed me over the edge haha. Phil was really awkward when they started mentioning using condoms, I'm all about them promoting safe sex tbh.

On another note, did you know you can play CAH online? Even better you can install Dan and Phil cards into it to make a proper filthy phandom version. I think we should have an IDB game of phandom CAH, I'd be up for setting it up if people wanted to play? We could set it up for later on today given that today is a bit of a special day for IDB, more coming soon if people fancied it, say around 9pm UK time?
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

Ooo that sounds awesome missemma! I did play CAH online recently with some of my husband’s D&D friends, they added a bunch of expansions like Harry Potter and The Big Bang Theory but I didn’t know you could do a D&P one! I’m bummed I won’t be able to participate (I was on a plane heading for Florida when they uploaded and am staying with my parents) but I hope you all have a blast and that it’s repeated in the future!

One thing I was thinking about before falling asleep last night was Phil quietly asking Dan if he wanted a mustache caressing his thighs. Anyone else catch that?
DatCog
blobfish

missemma wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 am
On another note, did you know you can play CAH online? Even better you can install Dan and Phil cards into it to make a proper filthy phandom version. I think we should have an IDB game of phandom CAH, I'd be up for setting it up if people wanted to play? We could set it up for later on today given that today is a bit of a special day for IDB, more coming soon if people fancied it, say around 9pm UK time?
Count me in! :thumb:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yesss! Playing CAH with IDB members seems like a blast. :D
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
fancybum
senpai

Aw happy special day IDB :blackheart: I'll never get all these hours back.
and cah gets an enthusiastic maybe! from me!
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I mentioned in my post earlier that there was something special for IDB today:

IT'S OUR TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY

(gif credit: glittergradient)

Hope you all enjoy our fancy new anniversary header 8-)
alch
ar·tic·u·late

happy birthday idb!
+idb cah sounds great
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

:birthday: happy birth IDB!!!!!!!! ive only had an account for a couple of months but i feel very homey here :love2:
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
loonyradish
living flop

Happy birthday, IDB!! Thanks to everyone involved for giving us a great place to discuss things, and for the great layout, which makes it even more fun to be here <3
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

Happy Birthday IDB!! :happytears: i feel like home here.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

missemma wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 am On another note, did you know you can play CAH online? Even better you can install Dan and Phil cards into it to make a proper filthy phandom version. I think we should have an IDB game of phandom CAH, I'd be up for setting it up if people wanted to play? We could set it up for later on today given that today is a bit of a special day for IDB, more coming soon if people fancied it, say around 9pm UK time?
I'm down to join in if it's still going on when I get home from work (which would be about 10-10:30pm UK time)
knq
lava lamp

Happy creation day IDB! :birthday:

I've only been signed up for like two days, but I'm so glad there's a forum for discussing d&p content. I still haven't figured out how tumblr works and I like this format. <3
snokoplasmic
procrastinator

Happy birthday IDB!!
And if today is IDB's birthday, that also means that it's been one year since the best video ever uploaded on youtube: The Mark of Oxin :rainbowsparkle:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

whatdoiknow wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:25 pm
missemma wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:23 am On another note, did you know you can play CAH online? Even better you can install Dan and Phil cards into it to make a proper filthy phandom version. I think we should have an IDB game of phandom CAH, I'd be up for setting it up if people wanted to play? We could set it up for later on today given that today is a bit of a special day for IDB, more coming soon if people fancied it, say around 9pm UK time?
I'm down to join in if it's still going on when I get home from work (which would be about 10-10:30pm UK time)
What I’ll do later is set up and game and set it to the D&P cards and I’ll post the link on here and people can join. Maximum amount of people is 10 I think but we can always play another time as well :) it’s a fun online game.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

Happy birthday IDB! :birthday:
I've only had an account for a couple of hours but I already thoroughly love this forum.
The CAH sounds like a great idea, it's a wonderful game!