Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

fancybum wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:36 pm This will probably be worked into their trailer-but-not for tour, right? Like ‘look at us doing what you tell us haha this was fun right? Now imagine seeing it LIVE buy tickets below’. I am both scared and excited if they actually commit to some of the fun stuff suggested.
My thoughts as well. Dan usually describes II as giving the audience what they want and last live-stream he said they'd start showing Instragram stories of tour preparation after 'a video'.
so_cheesy
butt chair

Well that's one way to make people stop the protectdanandphil freakout lol.
autumnhearth
senpai

somethingsketchy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:19 pm This sounds... ominous?
danisplayingwithfire
fancybum wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:36 pm This will probably be worked into their trailer-but-not for tour, right? Like ‘look at us doing what you tell us haha this was fun right? Now imagine seeing it LIVE buy tickets below’. I am both scared and excited if they actually commit to some of the fun stuff suggested.
This seems totally plausible.
hello9217
flower crown

liola wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm Okay I must be out of the loop or something but why is everyone excited about a best friend tag? Isn't that basically what they've done in the best friend quiz videos, and the one dan posted on his channel from... playlist live, i think?

Unless of course they basically take the questions of the boyfriend tag and make it into the best friend tag same way they did the boyfriend choose my outfits into a viewers choose my outfit :mrgreen: :philtrash:

I think this is a good way of getting ideas for pre-filming, but also if the tour actually involves audience participation, a way to gather how much of the reaction would be about phan stuff, considering people are more likely to say it on the internet than in real life. I'm actually more surprised that it was Dan tweeting something ike this and not Phil!
Those two you mentioned were basically talking about how well they know each other. The best friend tag is questions like how and when did you meet, whats your favorite memory together, what annoys you about the other person, what's your favorite inside joke, etc. They could probably incorporate some questions from the boyfriend tag into this but yeah they are a bit different. I personally want something like the clothes swap challenge or them buying each others outfits but i'm sure I'd be happy with anything.
liola
rankussy

hello9217 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:58 pm
liola wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm Okay I must be out of the loop or something but why is everyone excited about a best friend tag? Isn't that basically what they've done in the best friend quiz videos, and the one dan posted on his channel from... playlist live, i think?

Unless of course they basically take the questions of the boyfriend tag and make it into the best friend tag same way they did the boyfriend choose my outfits into a viewers choose my outfit :mrgreen: :philtrash:

I think this is a good way of getting ideas for pre-filming, but also if the tour actually involves audience participation, a way to gather how much of the reaction would be about phan stuff, considering people are more likely to say it on the internet than in real life. I'm actually more surprised that it was Dan tweeting something ike this and not Phil!
Those two you mentioned were basically talking about how well they know each other. The best friend tag is questions like how and when did you meet, whats your favorite memory together, what annoys you about the other person, what's your favorite inside joke, etc. They could probably incorporate some questions from the boyfriend tag into this but yeah they are a bit different. I personally want something like the clothes swap challenge or them buying each others outfits but i'm sure I'd be happy with anything.
Ok that makes more sense now, thank you! I mean if it involved them talking in depth about things like their first meeting and such I'd be down, if it was just a recollection of stuff they've already said in the past not so much but I'd take whatever probably. I would LOVE a clothes swap video, like what they did in pinof but more extended and with more outfits.
I'm not sure how i feel about this tbh. I love Tyler but sometimes the allusive comments make me uncomfortable
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
majitzu
angel bean

Hi, long time no see (more than a year I think)
I've always feel that I need to read all the discussion in order to post a comment. But I don't have the time or the will.
So if I feel like saying something I will and won't bother reading everything cause I ain't got no time for that.
I'm staning BTS now and need to watch lots of videos ( the live of a new fan :babuse: )

Anyway Phil with quiff = big yes
Dan asking us for suggestions = why? xD
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Oh Tyler. You'd think he knows better? I don't know, maybe he, Dan and Phil are really close and this joke is okay but even if that's the case, he's not doing much to discourage the phandom from posting inappropriate prompts. :? I'm really curious what that video's going to be though.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

danandphilupdates knows whats up
edit: no clue why the embedding isn’t working for me lately
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed twitter embed
kavat
pastel persona

liola wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:06 pm I'm not sure how i feel about this tbh. I love Tyler but sometimes the allusive comments make me uncomfortable
Tyler's reply made me lol tbh :rofl: Other fans has replied with similar things, like "oh no what have you done" or "you have too much faith in us" and stuff, which is in the same nature as Tyler's tweet. Dan knew exactly what to expect from a certain portion of their audience, and still chose to tweet it.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:23 pmedit: no clue why the embedding isn’t working for me lately
The embed code just isn't fond of mobile tweet links! (But no worries, we never mind fixing stuff like that for people!)
vincentian
hobbit hair

watsonian wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:52 pm
My thoughts as well. Dan usually describes II as giving the audience what they want and last live-stream he said they'd start showing Instragram stories of tour preparation after 'a video'.
Alternatively, they let us entertain ourselves with our dream scenarios and leave it at that. No video lol.

And at II Dan will expose and roast all of the trashy suggestions in the eloquent monologue about 'giving people what they want'. :D
liola
rankussy

kavat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:28 pm
liola wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:06 pm I'm not sure how i feel about this tbh. I love Tyler but sometimes the allusive comments make me uncomfortable
Tyler's reply made me lol tbh :rofl: Other fans has replied with similar things, like "oh no what have you done" or "you have too much faith in us" and stuff, which is in the same nature as Tyler's tweet. Dan knew exactly what to expect from a certain portion of their audience, and still chose to tweet it.
oh don't get me wrong, it made me chuckle because it's classic tyler, but i don't think fans making jokey relationship comments are on the same level as one of their peers being allusive. But again, it's Tyler, this is what he does. I'm just not sure how to feel about it :shrug:
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i think dnp are at a point where they're not sensitive to little jokes like that anymore. i think tyler knows their boundaries and i'd think that either dan or phil has gave him an "okay" for making light-hearted jokes like that. it's vague enough to take it more than one way.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

Ooh I never thought of that! I just assumed it was for their pre-filming and that they needed content ideas, why am I always the first one to think so negatively haha!
Anyways I replied to him saying:
CAH phan edition against subscribers 😎

and
sonicgreen wrote: edit: no clue why the embedding isn’t working for me lately
as well as removing this “s” from http you need to delete everything that comes after the ? for example everything in red needs to go! Hope that helps.

https://twitter.com/thisisatest/status/983045843795304448?s=21
hello9217 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:22 pm Just in case anyone is still worried, they are aware
Glad Phil addressed it. I definitely get why people needed to report it, especially with the way of the world and people harming each other, some of the tweets were a bit much though. Feel bad for deps, hope they didn’t get harassed by the phandom too much on their one weekend with friends they don’t see that often. Always happens to them when they’re away.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

ratlad wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:51 pm i think dnp are at a point where they're not sensitive to little jokes like that anymore. i think tyler knows their boundaries and i'd think that either dan or phil has gave him an "okay" for making light-hearted jokes like that. it's vague enough to take it more than one way.
yeaa I agree with you. It's really lighthearted fun, and there's NO WAY IN HELL Dan is not aware of the responses a question like this will get, knowing how his audience is. I like to think he secretly enjoys sending them into mayhem. But it's cool, you know, it's exactly what I expected from the fans :lol:

People really want them to get drunk hahaha, but will it be that interesting? will they even do it? What if they're the sleepy drunk type. Although drunk gaming could be kind of fun I guess?

My non-jokey requests:
-A day in the life... literally go buy groceries for all I care it's fine
-Dogsitting again!! For like a whole day.. just playing with dogs
-I wore my best friend's clothes for a day/week. I really want it.
-CANDLE AND SOCKS COLLECTION HAUL. PLEASE.

Literally the moment they ask I can't think of anything interesting :/
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
kavat
pastel persona

I must say, dan tweeting that was the perfect distraction from the drama. Give the phandom something new and exciting to focus on. That's great damage control :thumb:
knq
lava lamp

kavat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:02 pm I must say, dan tweeting that was the perfect distraction from the drama. Give the phandom something new and exciting to focus on. That's great damage control :thumb:
This plus Phil tweeting they were aware of the issue, otherwise I think half Dan's suggestions would have been DONT DIE. dnp once again make an excellent team.
daichii
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she | her

I'd love a ditl or apartment tour or a sing off, I need them to play a serious singing game, those old liveshows with them singing, specially the phantom of the opera one, are amongst my favorite deps content ever.

Maybe also a tag of some sorts, they always make them fun. As for challenges, couples yoga would be hilarious.

I hope they don't react or reenact pinof 1 (I would love for them to do it on its 10 year anniversary and end it there).

Good job on tweeting this to distract peoplr, I think it should be handled privately by their management and authorities to avoid giving that person more attention.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

(I'm guessing this is Phil's hair now when he hasn't bothered to put product in and tame it a bit?)
alien
procrastinator

It's highly unlikely to happen but I'd love a video where they try a makeup tutorial on the other person. So it combines the "I tried a _ tutorial" with "My best friend/bf does my makeup" and I'd want them to actually try and buy proper makeup lol. (they could always give the leftover makeup to bryony or someone after and I know they can afford it)
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

alien wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 pm It's highly unlikely to happen but I'd love a video where they try a makeup tutorial on the other person. So it combines the "I tried a _ tutorial" with "My best friend/bf does my makeup" and I'd want them to actually try and buy proper makeup lol. (they could always give the leftover makeup to bryony or someone after and I know they can afford it)
That's what I suggested. I said that they should actually try another youtubers tutorial such as makeup or nails or crafts and actually try t o do well.

I also suggested board games and escape rooms. Although I doubt those will happen.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

lilabet wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 pm
alien wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:45 pm It's highly unlikely to happen but I'd love a video where they try a makeup tutorial on the other person. So it combines the "I tried a _ tutorial" with "My best friend/bf does my makeup" and I'd want them to actually try and buy proper makeup lol. (they could always give the leftover makeup to bryony or someone after and I know they can afford it)
That's what I suggested. I said that they should actually try another youtubers tutorial such as makeup or nails or crafts and actually try t o do well.

I also suggested board games and escape rooms. Although I doubt those will happen.
Ooooh, I'd love to see them do an escape room - it would be so interesting to see how they figure things out and how their brains work (especially Phil's)!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:36 pm (I'm guessing this is Phil's hair now when he hasn't bothered to put product in and tame it a bit?)
the girl's instagram comments said they were at the train station in Manchester, they must be headed home now! dan's hair looks like he took a brush to it or blow dried it, but somehow it looks nice?? i cant do either of those with my hair without it frizzing to heck (mine's curlier than his, useless info)
also whenever i see their shared backpack my heart explodes. such a small thing, but i love knowing that they take turns carrying it.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lilabet wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 pm

+1

I've posted before about wanting them to film a makeup video and wanting them to film an escape room video, and I still really want both of these things. I don't have twitter, but I'm hoping people have been suggesting these to them. Especially the escape room one, because I doubt it will ever happen, but I'm not willing to give up on that dream yet.
sparkle
blobfish

I have two questions:

when I watched Dans liveshow yesterday when I was getting ready, he said something about having a video he's pushed back until June that has nothing to do with his birthday. I wonder what the hell that could be, does anyone have any thoughts? I'm curious because its during tour, so if its anything 'big' he would face in person questions more than any other video (for example, his one on depression). The demon in me is curious if it could be related to Pride Month, but I SEVERELY doubt it. I'm just very curious, what would be important enough he'd mention it (like his antidepressant story) but not relevant enough to be posted immediately?

Second question;

Someone in the other thread (sorry I cant remember who it was - full credit to you) suggested that Dan could be going back to uni in the autumn. This is something I wouldnt be shocked by, except he's on tour during September. Its not exactly great to miss your first week of lectures, especially because Dans experience was so bad at UoM, start as you mean to go on and all that. Theres also the very real possibility of him being in lectures with fans of his, and I can't imagine him necessarily wanting that? I DO think Dan is very interested in returning to education though, it's a vibe I've got from him for a while. And I think he's learned a lot from when he studied at Manchester (I do genuinely feel for him being in the halls that he was, I know which ones he was in and they really do look like a prison. Tbh ALL UoM halls I've seen are horrific and I'm glad I was never in them) and I think his experience would be infinitely better. And he's got the A-Levels and professional experience to pretty much walk into any university in the country if he so desired.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle: