Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yikes, that photo's so like some of their Tatinof promo pictures, they look all sad and scared. I don't like that edgy look on them, I don't think they pull it off. It's like fashion modelling where smiles are apparently not allowed and puts me off looking at the clothes. It's sold out already, though :thumb:
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

What do you think are the chances of a video tonight? I'm really craving some content, I think I'm even more restless after Dan teasing with that request tweet! And after he was online on tumblr earlier I really want to know if something is planned
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

flarequake wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 pm Yikes, that photo's so like some of their Tatinof promo pictures, they look all sad and scared. I don't like that edgy look on them, I don't think they pull it off. It's like fashion modelling where smiles are apparently not allowed and puts me off looking at the clothes. It's sold out already, though :thumb:
Funny you should say that. I saw this on twitter :lol:
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

daniel howell shop got competition, watch out boi
i want a video tonight, chances are it will be a sims vid (which i'm happy about)
i hope it's 20+ mins long though, cause there's only so much interesting things you can do in the sims in like 15 mins.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
flarequake
not an airport stalker

lilabet wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm Funny you should say that. I saw this on twitter :lol:
Well, I thought it looked familiar ;) But still a little different, but I didn't notice the lack of hands. Yikes. Stiff punishments for fictional crimes. Scary au.

I hope their next video will be about the show, but it could be gaming. It seems about time to tell us something.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

lilabet wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm
flarequake wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:34 pm Yikes, that photo's so like some of their Tatinof promo pictures, they look all sad and scared. I don't like that edgy look on them, I don't think they pull it off. It's like fashion modelling where smiles are apparently not allowed and puts me off looking at the clothes. It's sold out already, though :thumb:
I'm way too amused by how they just slightly rotated Deps+the signs idk why :rofl:
I'm waaay to sleep deprived to be posting hope I don't regret this later
hello9217
flower crown

lilabet wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:56 pm
I don't know how these things work but the last shirt that was sold at hot topic that was deppy's looked like the merch that they sold in Australia (I could be remembering wrong but I'm pretty sure they just changed the coloring and made it neon.) So my question is could they have just sold those merch designs and allowed hot topic to change them slightly to better fit their store? Like the shirt looks like badly done photoshop, it's just a strange thing for deppy to want to put out.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Today is day #100 of 2018 and we've had two DINOF videos. I know he's busy with the tour and feels limited by all his standards, but not doing videos at all isn't really the way to go either, is it?

It kinda went from 4 weeks between videos to 5 to 6 and I guess then 7 are ok too?
Literally what would he be doing without the gaming channel ...
sparkle
blobfish

Dan saying his video is 'in the process'

me_irl
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
starwatersong
phabergé

:lol: at him calling out Phil for having a million tabs open.

Not a super exciting tweet, but the replies have been entertaining.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Dan's video problem reminds me a lot of me. I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I've been slowly, so slowly, working on a creative thing where my perfectionist, idealist standards make it so hard to start. It's so easy for time to go by while you're not getting much done, but feeling so much calmer and comfortable, albeit also guilty.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

knq
lava lamp

I just finished watching their Undertale series today. I think it's the last of the dnpg content I hadn't seen. Their bants shine most when they're not following a set storyline and voice-acting. For example, I enjoyed the parts of Dream Daddy where they had to make a choice and discussed it, but the story generally progressing I could watch on any channel.

I'd really like to see them play Don't Starve, now that I've thought about it! I think there may even be a co-op version now. It's a bit dark, a bit cute, very weird, and has survival mechanics that are pretty fast moving. Lots to react to and strategize around.
ratlad
angel bean

maybe there will be a dan video this week? tour trailer, probably.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

flarequake wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm Dan's video problem reminds me a lot of me. I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I've been slowly, so slowly, working on a creative thing where my perfectionist, idealist standards make it so hard to start. It's so easy for time to go by while you're not getting much done, but feeling so much calmer and comfortable, albeit also guilty.
I can definitely relate to this, especially in regards to my artwork+coursework. I have 12 ( ! )empty journals and 5 ( ! )empty sketchbooks because the thought of being unhappy with what I write or draw makes me feel weird and like prickly? Like even if I'm the only one who'll ever see it. I convinced myself to start a journal and at the beginning I was unable to reread past entries because it made me want to rip the page out. Weirdly, if I'm doing something which will be displayed I'm never that bothered about making it perfect.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

Not to be too whiny and entitled, but: tour hasn't even started yet and we're already getting less videos? This isn't giving me a lot of hope for regular content during tour.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

citizen_erased wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 pm Not to be too whiny and entitled, but: tour hasn't even started yet and we're already getting less videos? This isn't giving me a lot of hope for regular content during tour.
I'm trying to look at it like now is when they'd be pre-filming all the content for tour, so that might explain less videos right now.
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

citizen_erased wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:08 pm Not to be too whiny and entitled, but: tour hasn't even started yet and we're already getting less videos? This isn't giving me a lot of hope for regular content during tour.
Here's to hoping that we are having a short drought while they stockpile videos to post while they're touring! :wine:
Edit:@alittledizzy beat me to it!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

As we all know I am the negative person here who is always skeptical and I honestly hold out no hope of regular content. If they think a few Instagram stories a week is going to suffice then they’re wrong, for me anyway.

I wish I could be more: “don’t worry it’ll be fine” but after tatinof US and the drought (that was real) I just have a hard time thinking it’ll be different. I hope they prove me wrong though. I have said all along though, the reduction in their live shows was a pre-planned way to ease us into the drought this time. These boys (& their management) are clever.

I can’t imagine they are going to pre-film enough content for 6 months worth of tour, yes they’ll probably film some videos whilst they’re away but seeing as Interactive Introverts starts in almost 2 weeks and we are still waiting for any information from that I’ll just be over here hoping that I’m proved wrong on all counts.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
hello9217
flower crown

Idk lack of content seems to somewhat benefit them. Their last four gaming videos have done really well view-wise. It could be that those are just games people wanted to see but I remember last year there was a discussion over why views were dropping and someone thought it was because they uploaded so frequently that people didn't need to go back and re-watch vids as much because there was always new content.

I always knew that content would slow down a lot, no matter how much deppy assured us it wouldn't. I'm pretty easy to please though so even if they just started insta stories I would be happy with that. Plus tour starts in 18 days and there will be a lot coming from that. I'm going to assume the video that will possibly go up tomorrow is the trailer for tour/video talking about tour, since that's what dan said they needed to get done in his last ls.
tyhane
delia smith

Yeah, as soon as the tour was announced I was mentally preparing for a drought. Since it's starting so soon I don't mind the lack of content now, it's sort of like a preparation. (Has there actually been less frequent uploads or does the cut in liveshows just make it feel that way? I haven't actually compared the numbers.) I mean, I don't think they're lying per se, when they say the content will keep up, I just... don't trust their pre-filming abilities that much lol. Instagram stories will be great, but it's not enough to fully replace a video load for me. And I'm reaaalllyy curious how frequent they'll be/what they'll actually consist of.

In general I'm just keeping my hopes low. Worst case scenario it goes exactly as I expect, best case I'm pleasantly surprised.
autumnhearth
senpai

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:05 pm
flarequake wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm Dan's video problem reminds me a lot of me. I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I've been slowly, so slowly, working on a creative thing where my perfectionist, idealist standards make it so hard to start. It's so easy for time to go by while you're not getting much done, but feeling so much calmer and comfortable, albeit also guilty.
I can definitely relate to this, especially in regards to my artwork+coursework. I have 12 ( ! )empty journals and 5 ( ! )empty sketchbooks because the thought of being unhappy with what I write or draw makes me feel weird and like prickly? Like even if I'm the only one who'll ever see it. I convinced myself to start a journal and at the beginning I was unable to reread past entries because it made me want to rip the page out. Weirdly, if I'm doing something which will be displayed I'm never that bothered about making it perfect.
Same. This is part of what made me realize I needed to see someone about my anxiety. I was at a workshop for parents of gifted children and there was a section on perfectionism and it’s positive and negative aspects and when it might be a problem. Being paralyzed by your perfectionism so you don’t even start anything... shit that me. I was an art major, but it took me two years to even start a small painting for my mom’s *bathroom* then one day I just got so mad at myself that I just grabbed my supplies and did it. Anywhooo... to bring this back to Dan I’ve got a similar issue to his Tumblr aesthetic flow issue, except that I have hundreds of things in my drafts and queue so I have to keep it moving. My mind sometimes has a hard time comprehending how most people can just see something the like and reblog it. Yeah, not a functional adult. I’m working on it. But I do have plenty of patience and sympathy for his quality threshold issues, even if I would like him to make more frequent casual content.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I think less content re: videos won't bother me since I do enjoy 'following' Dan and Phil as much (or more) than I like just strictly videos.

I do wonder if when Dan says we're gonna have tons of content coming up he also means the fact that there will be tour related things popping up daily, too? To me, meet and greet pictures and stories and anecdotes from shows every night and pics of the tour bus and fan encounters other places in cities and the whole saga of getting to follow a multi-person merch crew and everyone else associated with it... it just becomes the fun of phandom for me for the duration of tour, and that supplements video content pretty well for me personally.

I can see how it's frustrating for people who are mostly here for the videos, though. I'm not blind to that aspect of it, it just doesn't hit that nerve with me for the reasons I said above.
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 am I think less content re: videos won't bother me since I do enjoy 'following' Dan and Phil as much (or more) than I like just strictly videos.

I do wonder if when Dan says we're gonna have tons of content coming up he also means the fact that there will be tour related things popping up daily, too? To me, meet and greet pictures and stories and anecdotes from shows every night and pics of the tour bus and fan encounters other places in cities and the whole saga of getting to follow a multi-person merch crew and everyone else associated with it... it just becomes the fun of phandom for me for the duration of tour, and that supplements video content pretty well for me personally.

I can see how it's frustrating for people who are mostly here for the videos, though. I'm not blind to that aspect of it, it just doesn't hit that nerve with me for the reasons I said above.
i agree 100% !!!!!
i want updates on people's experiences meeting dnp, i want tweets from dan and phil about how beautiful each place is, i want photos they take of each other, i want them spotted out on a date (lol that's demon, im joking mostly bc i don't want anyone to disturb them)
i am looking forward to every single domestic thing they do on tour.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

I dreamt that I was at II but I left before the show started cause I'd rather watch the recording a few months after? And Phil was playing "All of me" on piano on stage :lol: I should go to bed earlier.

I am a bit worried that if the Dinof video is intended as a teaser/trailer for the tour, it might be very short. So the editing of the requests would be quick-paced like pinof.

Also, since Dan says "in progress", I'm not expecting it in the next days, rather on the weekend.