Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Catallena wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:00 pm The video that has been teased for the weekend is most likely the thing Dan wanted out video ideas for and I think it's gonna be a 'give the people what they want' themed trailer for II. It's a good way to sell the supposed audience participation aspect of the show.
Yes I think you're right!

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:34 pm So based on Dan's tweet, I'm guessing we're getting the video he tweeted out asking for ideas for. Or it could be II promo too. But based on the 'giving people what they want', I'm thinking it's gonna be the fan-suggested video.

Anyone on twitter know what the most liked suggestions have been?

I figured it was one or the other lol but I think you're right, it's a combination of the two.
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

whatdoiknow wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:34 pm So based on Dan's tweet, I'm guessing we're getting the video he tweeted out asking for ideas for. Or it could be II promo too. But based on the 'giving people what they want', I'm thinking it's gonna be the fan-suggested video.

Anyone on twitter know what the most liked suggestions have been?
I'm pretty sure the most liked suggestions were drunk gaming, which I doubt they would do because we just got a gaming video, best friend vs brother (Martyn), but since this is going on dan's channel I don't think it would be this, yoga challenge, best friend tag, and pinof 1 reaction. These all had around 1k-4k likes

There was also a suggestion that had around 500 likes last I saw that said they wanted to hear from phil about living with someone who has depression but I also saw a lot of people saying they would definitely not want that in reply to it. I personally don't want that video because I know what it would turn into.
autumnhearth
senpai

I don’t catch his drift and I’m not sure if I want to, but any thoughts? :?
Ablissa
pastel persona

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 pm I don’t catch his drift and I’m not sure if I want to, but any thoughts? :?
What does that even mean? I'm confused :/
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

Ablissa wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:57 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 pm I don’t catch his drift and I’m not sure if I want to, but any thoughts? :?
I'm pretty sure he's just referencing the "sausage in the evening" thing phil said in the video? I don't think its anything deeper than that
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
Phantasy
woodland creature

“We’re just jealous because he’s so beautiful.”
Couldn’t agree more about Tom Holland, Dan!
autumnhearth
senpai

Ablissa wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:57 pm
Like, does he want it made clear that he does not... eat sausages... at the same time as Phil? And what does that even mean? Not having sex together? Not 69ing? :shock:

I mean if it’s not a euphemism tofu dogs are really more of an afternoon thing.
But it’s clearly a euphemism.

And are tofu dogs even penises or are they dildos? :dildo:
Sounds like some kind of vegan lesbian thing.

@KatjaZoe Oh, so you’re saying, that he’s saying that he’ll eat the tofu dogs, just not sexually, like Phil? I don’t comprehend not deeper on this forum...
KatjaZoe
sad dimple

autumnhearth wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:36 pm @KatjaZoe Oh, so you’re saying, that he’s saying that he’ll eat the tofu dogs, just not sexually, like Phil? I don’t comprehend not deeper on this forum...
No lol thats not what I was saying at all. I was just saying I didn't read it in a way that was anything more than "lol can you believe phil made a comment about the tofu dogs and it sounded like an innuendo, let me refer back to that funny moment." I didn't think it was a reference to his own actual preferences for "sausages" (not saying he doesn't enjoy a good sausage in the evening, i just don't think thats what this specific tweet was about :lol: )
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

malday wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:33 pm Is it just me or did Dan get a bit embarrassed when they were watching the kiss happen? I liked that Dan gave the 'realistic expectations' advice and Phil said to keep hope alive, very fitting. :lol:
The only thing I noticed from them watching the kiss was phil checking out their monitor to make sure they were both in shot whilst giving the fans what they want

Bar the sausage comment from Phil this video was kinda boring, soz. I also couldn’t stop looking at how painful Dans lips looked, he really needs to invest in a wholesale amount of chapstick.
Looking for forwards to the weekend if they really are releasing tour videos.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
thestigdrivesamini
sad dimple

firsttimeposter wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 pm I kinda wish dnp were an out couple Just so we could hear them compare devan to themselves haha! I also kinda hope the next episode will be them 'introducing evan to dabs family', and then maybe a story about dan meeting phils family for the first time (imagine that lol).
YES! I think about this all the time. I would love to hear their genuine input on situations that remind them of their own lives (I know it’ll never happen because they’re so private but let me dream)
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Not a bad sims video, the zany editing had me giggling today but I'm just in that mood. I will say I was distracted 79% of the time because Phil looked so pretty today. Unfair, honestly.
Also, I noticed a lot more of Phil's natural hair peeking through? Does anyone think he may start keeping it that way or are they just that busy with tour prep? (I've also been known to extend time between appointments so I could look fresh for a trip… maybe he is doing the same?)
Phantasy
woodland creature

Happy to see Dan liking Tom Daley’s tweet about winning gold (along with Dan Goodfellow) at the Commonwealth Games and the positive awareness message about LGBT+...
knq
lava lamp

Sims~
Dan coined (with 100% no context totally yep didn't hear a thing) the expression "having a Phil experience."

I so wish the first kiss experience had turned into one of those 'did you play in the unsanitary sand pit when you were 4 too?' conversations. I wanted them to talk about Dan's mediocre first kiss.

Dan and Phil are especially beautiful in the Sims videos. Is that a thing? Do they have their 'fancy night out' video games and their 'casual pajama day' video games?

Not Sims~
Originally I thought dnp's comments about sharing a bunch of content during their tour were just meaningless soothing things to say, but I had the thought that perhaps they'll make a video as a part of each show. If each show differs based on the audience and there was some way to include audience members in a type of video that lent itself to that environment, that would be content they could share with the whole fandom. The audience might enjoy being a part of creating a video; our fandom is formed around their videos, after all. But realistically, the large audiences, noise, high energy levels, and dnp's opinions on spoilers all make this idea unlikely.

If 'Phil and Phil' is not an ongoing joke I will be so disappointed.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Considering the tour is starting in 2 weeks (!!!??!?!?), has anyone had a look at how sold out the venues are rn?
I remember there was a really nice and comprehensive list a while back.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

sparkle wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 pm
starwatersong wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm Apparently, this isn’t it for the weekend...
I want this on record, if they upload tomorrow I'm buying @somethingsketchy a unicorn from Firebox for when she comes to see II with me in May. Idk why, but I feel like this might summon them.
Although I'm touched by your generosity, I still fail to understand why you seem to think I (or the unicorn) could affect P&P's decision to upload videos. This isn't The Sims, I don't have any superhuman mind control powers. :spy: :rofl:

Granted, I can't speak for the unicorn...
sparkle
blobfish

somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am Although I'm touched by your generosity, I still fail to understand why you seem to think I (or the unicorn) could affect P&P's decision to upload videos. This isn't The Sims, I don't have any superhuman mind control powers. :spy: :rofl:

For the banter :sunshine:

also because I feel like Phil #1 would approve of this purchase :newyear: (as in reference to that firework effect he bought which gives me life)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

sparkle wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:56 pm
somethingsketchy wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am Although I'm touched by your generosity, I still fail to understand why you seem to think I (or the unicorn) could affect P&P's decision to upload videos. This isn't The Sims, I don't have any superhuman mind control powers. :spy: :rofl:

For the banter :sunshine:

also because I feel like Phil #1 would approve of this purchase :newyear: (as in reference to that firework effect he bought which gives me life)
If all unicorns have a mental connection, it might be possible to influence the Phils through their unicorn, assuming they've still got it.
dancy
procrastinator

LtrllySusan wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:25 am Considering the tour is starting in 2 weeks (!!!??!?!?), has anyone had a look at how sold out the venues are rn?
I remember there was a really nice and comprehensive list a while back.
I've been keeping an eye on them because... I like collecting data and wasting my time. I will say though, I haven't had a look at Singapore, Hong Kong and India yet and it's been a while since I've checked the US dates. I've had some issues with some of the US venues because a couple of them don't have an interactive seating map that shows how many tickets are left and another few ones are just so big that it's hard for me or my software to count the remaining tickets. I'll just keep it at the calculations I do have for today but I can't guarantee that it's all entirely accurate so if anyone notices any errors, feel free to correct me! (I've also got some thoughts on some of the results but then it would get a bit long)

UK:

28/4 – Brighton matinee + evening (capacity = 1700)
30/4 – Milton Keynes (1400)
1/5 – Milton Keynes 2
2/5 – Nottingham (2499)
4/5 – London (3632)
6/5 – Glasgow (3000)
7/5 – Sheffield (2271)
8/5 – Newcastle (1640)
9/5 – Newcastle 2
12/5 – Edinburgh matinee + evening (2200)
13/5 – Liverpool matinee + evening (2348)
14/5 – Manchester (1730)
15/5 – Manchester 2
17/5 – Basingstoke (1400)
18/5 – Plymouth (2500)
20/5 – Leeds (1200)
22/5 – Birmingham (2262)
25/5 – Cardiff (4000?*)
28/5 – Belfast (2250)

* = not entirely sure about this one. The Motorpoint Arena has a maximum capacity of 5000 but I believe the balcony and some of the back rows were never available for purchase because it's a such a big venue. That's why I subtracted about a 1000 seats but if anyone who bought a ticket from this venue knows more, I'd love to know!

Sold out = Brighton 1, London and Basingstoke
99% = Birmingham and Leeds
90-98%: Brighton 2, Milton Keynes 1, Nottingham, Plymouth
80-89% = Glasgow
70-79% = Milton Keynes 2, Sheffield (can't access this one now for some reason but about a month ago it had sold 78%, so it could be at 80% now), Liverpool 1, Belfast
60-69% = Newcastle 1 + 2, Manchester 1, Cardiff
50-59% = Manchester 2
40-49% = Edinburgh 1 + 2, Liverpool 2

Europe:

29/5 - Dublin (1302)
30/5 - Dublin 2
2/6 - Amsterdam matinee + evening (1750)
5/6 - Moscow (1491)
6/6 - Moscow 2
9/6 - Berlin (3800)
11/6 - Warsaw matinee + evening (620)
13/6 - Helsinki (1393)
16/6 - Stockholm matinee + evening (?*)
17/6 - Malmö (1707)

* = Not too sure about this one either, it's a congress centre but I don't know the capacity of whichever hall the show is being held in.

Both Moscow shows have sold around 75% of tickets and the Stockholm shows don't have a seating map so I can't tell how many have been sold/are left. All the other shows in Europe are all sold out!

Miscellaneous:

17/7 - Toronto (3191)
12/8 - Vancouver (2765)
19/8 - Melbourne (5564)
22/8 - Brisbane (1800)
23/8 - Brisbane 2
29/8 - Auckland (2139)
2/9 - Sydney (2034)
3/9 - Sydney 2
12/9 - Manila (2197*)
13/9 - Manila 2

* = Again, not completely sure about this one. The maximum capacity is 2385 but not all rows were available for purchase, so I tried to subtract those but I dunno if this correct.

Sold out = Toronto, Brisbane 1 + 2, Auckland, Sydney 1 + 2
70-79% = Vancouver, Melbourne (the balcony was closed at first but since all the other tickets had sold out, it is available for purchase now)
35-45% = Manila 1 + 2
sparkle
blobfish

I REALLLLLLY want to know whats in the VIP bag.

what did you get in the ones from tatinof?

I'm also surprised that more venues aren't sold out - like I find it random that Leeds not Manchester nearly is especially if theres also a show in Sheffield - if they dont sell in the next few weeks maybe they'll do what I did when I saw Derren Brown for my 21st birthday where our seats got upgraded for free because there were free seats lower down the theatre?
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
susan2
rainbow nerd

Thanks @dancy :thumb: that's super interesting to see in conjunction with the venue capacities.
So over a quarter of the shows are now sold out (22/83) - nice - with a few more very close.

I've been interested to see whether they would start name-dropping some of the approaching shows that are selling more slowly, but we haven't really seen them to do that! I'm still super confused why they're doing 2 shows in Newcastle and 2 in Edinburgh. Only conclusion I can come to is they want to spend a few days in Edinburgh haha, as they've mentioned how much they like it there. It looks like Newcastle might 'feel' emptier, as the stalls are only sold to about half way back currently, but the percentages illustrate really well that capacity-wise it's actually selling better than Manchester 2 for example which is unexpected (to me anyway!). Nice to see Australia has joined the "sold out" list (save for the additional balcony opened up in Melbourne) and Ireland too (I just realised their Irish dates are going to fall right after the abortion referendum there).

The first half of June is gonna be wild for them in terms of packed out venues, and July in terms of the sheer number of shows.

...so let's hear what this show is all about then eh lads....??
liola
rankussy

I'm so ready for whatever video they want to send our way whenever that will be
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Wow... 2 shows in Manila.. what are they k-pop stars? :lol:
I'm just joking. It's really cool they are going to so many places. I'll always say it, it really impresses me how they can do a tour of this scale, seeing as they're not traditional celebrities. I really hope this is a success and everyone has a great time on tour.

No i'm not sad at all that I'll never see them, what are you talking about.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
smartcookie
drama llama

dancy wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:02 pm

16/6 - Stockholm matinee + evening (?*)

* = Not too sure about this one either, it's a congress centre but I don't know the capacity of whichever hall the show is being held in.

Both Moscow shows have sold around 75% of tickets and the Stockholm shows don't have a seating map so I can't tell how many have been sold/are left. All the other shows in Europe are all sold out!
Having had a little stalk of the venues IG and website, and I have gotten the impression they only house concerts, performances and whatnot in their main auditorium/hall which hold 3000 people at full capacity. But then, how much of it deppt have choosen to utilise is of course still unknown. All I can provide is that the venue can be altered to seat 3000 at most and 500 at the very least.
everything sucks forever
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

imagine dan uploading the video he was talking about next weekend instead of this one, that's such a dan thing to do.
"um, guys, friday is BASICALLY the weekend anyway, when i say 'this weekend' i obv meant NEXT friday/sat/sun. if we upload twice in a row, it'll ruin the whole ~aesthetic"
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
liola
rankussy

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:41 pm imagine dan uploading the video he was talking about next weekend instead of this one, that's such a dan thing to do.
"um, guys, friday is BASICALLY the weekend anyway, when i say 'this weekend' i obv meant NEXT friday/sat/sun. if we upload twice in a row, it'll ruin the whole ~aesthetic"
I honestly wouldn't put it past him lmao but i mean, i'm not expecting a video tonight but there's still tomorrow so fingers crossed i guess!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor