Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
whelpkeeper
sad dimple
Pronouns: they/their

finally, confirmation of the video tomorrow- excited to see what it is! :D
omg top of the page :6-year-old dan:
Last edited by whelpkeeper on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The air soft as that of Seville in April,
and so fragrant that it was delicious to breathe it.
AroboticPhil
sad dimple
Pronouns: she

whelpkeeper wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:29 pm
so... yoga i guess ?
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

My mind went immediately to the yoga challenge, but I don't know how "Daniel Howell" that is...hmm
Edit: I don't know why I said that, they literally did the blindfolded makeup challenge three years ago so I'm about 98% sure we're getting a yoga video.
Last edited by obsessivelymoody on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I'm excited. :D
sonicgreen
woodland creature

who's mind didn't assume yoga challenge? I need the theories (as outlandish as possible) for what ELSE it could be?
hello9217
flower crown

Literally I can only think of yoga challenge but it sounds like more of an AP video rather than a DINOF one. Also II is in two weeks and no tour info; it's just a bit strange.
citizen_erased
truth bomb

YOGA YOGA YOGA YOGA. Is it too much to hope for similar outfits to thomas sanders' exercise video?

(sliightly off topic, but I got the 'have you tried doing yoga to cure your depression?' question the other day and I'm still a bit mad that I had to endure this cliche :sideeye: )
fancybum
senpai

Okay but the whole thing isn't just going to be yoga right? They're going to shove a bunch of other things into it... right...? I don't think just watching them do yoga will inspire people (who weren't already inclined) to buy tickets to see them live lol

(and.. it doesn't need to be "Daniel Howell" as it's a video to promote their joint tour that they're putting on the channel with the most subs, so)
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
sparkle
blobfish

sonicgreen wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:31 pm who's mind didn't assume yoga challenge? I need the theories (as outlandish as possible) for what ELSE it could be?
a coming out video.

by coming out I mean of a giant cannon. He pulled muscles trying to stick the landing.

OG PHIL IS DUE A NEW VIDEO THOUGH so I wouldnt be surprised if they tag teamed and did a two parter.

Also I have a request for Phil and Phil games - can they PLEASE play The Witness? I decided to get Xbox Live Gold while it was on offer so I could play Fortnite online (this is how I also cave and buy Overwatch) and its one of this months Games with Gold. I've been playing it for the last 2 hours and i'm really enjoying it and I think it would be interesting to see them try and play it. Its reminding my a lot of Myst -and I'd like them to try and tackle a puzzle game like this because it seems to be the sort of thing where you could talk to someone while playing it.

(Also if any of you have Xbox Live my gamertag is VioletPixiee - come be my friend #spon :lol:)

edit: someone on Twitter suggested a sex tape. I am scared for that person.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

literally what else could it be? couples yoga challenge was suggested and super popular but idk what else involving pulling muscles..?
well what's better than giving what the people want to 6.4M subscribers right? and it's tour related as well obviously. Color me intrigued.

Edit: i'm gonna be that person to remind everyone that there's more than 30 muscles in our face, used to open and close our mouths for eating, speaking, and .. other things.
Last edited by yellowsubmarine on Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

if it isn't a couple's yoga (like, teamwork, joint yoga) then i'm unsubbing because that is some ultimate robbery if it's just dan off camera telling phil to do a crow pose.
but if we're right, then yaaayyy bc i suggested it and i've been waiting for this vid for YEARS.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A Dan video that won't be 8 minutes of pretentious philosophical waffling for 8 minutes OR another ISG? God fucking bless, I haven't even seen it yet but as far as I am concerned this is a win and I'm taking it.

Now watch me regret saying this tomorrow.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
firsttimeposter
living flop

Not to bring up really old stuff, but in phils second last video about the Instagram explorer pages, dan said "and you wonder why I didn't send you Christmas cards". Not only is sending Christmas cards something you do to someone whom you DON'T live with, but saying 'Christmas cards' means there's more than one person (meaning phil + someone else that's not dan)? I'm so negative, and this might be just a slip of words that mean nothing, but to me 'sending a Christmas card' sounds like something you wouldn't do to your roommate/ partner? (So sorry to bring this up now, but it's something I've wondered about since the video came out lol).

About the video tomorrow: I'm really exited for the yoga (though I hope they'll do some of our other suggestions some other time)! I am however scared it is just gonna be individual poses that they do instead of the traditional "zoella, Caspar lee couples yoga", which I think will be fun with dnp. Individual poses will be boring, but also weird since they should know that that's not 'what the people want'. Anyways, can't wait for tomorrow's vid!
ratlad
angel bean

firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:28 pm Not to bring up really old stuff, but in phils second last video about the Instagram explorer pages, dan said "and you wonder why I didn't send you Christmas cards". Not only is sending Christmas cards something you do to someone whom you DON'T live with, but saying 'Christmas cards' means there's more than one person (meaning phil + someone else that's not dan)? I'm so negative, and this might be just a slip of words that mean nothing, but to me 'sending a Christmas card' sounds like something you wouldn't do to your roommate/ partner? (So sorry to bring this up now, but it's something I've wondered about since the video came out lol).
nonono, he said "didn't send YOUR Christmas cards"
meaning they were making joint cards to give out, but decided on Dan's (most likely)
plus, they literally spent Christmas eve together and a couple days before that.
firsttimeposter
living flop

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 pm
firsttimeposter wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:28 pm Not to bring up really old stuff, but in phils second last video about the Instagram explorer pages, dan said "and you wonder why I didn't send you Christmas cards". Not only is sending Christmas cards something you do to someone whom you DON'T live with, but saying 'Christmas cards' means there's more than one person (meaning phil + someone else that's not dan)? I'm so negative, and this might be just a slip of words that mean nothing, but to me 'sending a Christmas card' sounds like something you wouldn't do to your roommate/ partner? (So sorry to bring this up now, but it's something I've wondered about since the video came out lol).
nonono, he said "didn't send YOUR Christmas cards"
meaning they were making joint cards to give out, but decided on Dan's (most likely)
plus, they literally spent Christmas eve together and a couple days before that.
Oh okay lol thx. I'm not native to the English language, so watching videos without subtitles sometimes give me some screwed up interpretations haha. Thank u for clarity mate. Sounds like dan to not send out phils ideas for Christmas cards lmao.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

To me this bit has always seemed pretty clear, but my read disagrees with probably everyone's I've seen.
Dan is in the role of "the guest." Phil pulls his chair out and tucks him in -- things Phil envisions doing for guests. And the guest doesn't send Christmas cards anymore after leaving. Not sending Christmas cards is like the adult version of not inviting someone to your birthday party: snubbing the host that makes the guest go first.
ratlad
angel bean

Templeofshame wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:23 pm
To me this bit has always seemed pretty clear, but my read disagrees with probably everyone's I've seen.
Dan is in the role of "the guest." Phil pulls his chair out and tucks him in -- things Phil envisions doing for guests. And the guest doesn't send Christmas cards anymore after leaving. Not sending Christmas cards is like the adult version of not inviting someone to your birthday party: snubbing the host that makes the guest go first.
wait, so was it a metaphor for something? i am confusion.
malday
emo goose

I look forward to the drunken-yoga-friendship-AmazingDan3-challenge-tag.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:53 pm wait, so was it a metaphor for something? i am confusion.
Phil: Whose phone should we start with?
Dan: Yours obviously.
Phil: Mine?
Dan: Yes! Because then if it's a terrible idea/I can go 'haha that was funny, thanks for inviting me,' and then leave.
Phil: / You're the guest! Guests first.
Phil: I pull your chair out, tuck you in, and send you off on the adventure.
Dan: And you wonder why I didn't send you Christmas cards.

I'm curious, for people who don't think they're talking about a scenario in which Phil is host and Dan is guest, what do you think the "pull your chair out, tuck you in" part is about?

To me, it makes total sense as a hypothetical guest/host relationship, and it makes no sense as a real best friend/partner relationship.
sparkle
blobfish

malday wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:59 pm I look forward to the drunken-yoga-friendship-AmazingDan3-challenge-tag.
if theres alcohol involved omg I might actually die.

(especially because isn't Dan a 'sexual predator drunk'....)

I'm hyped. I'm hyped and it's going to be fucking ISG: Yoga Edition Feat. Phil. Considering this video has been in the process for so long it better be fucking good. Like I've somewhat calmed my inner demon down, but she still wants to be impressed by fan service.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
knq
lava lamp

@Templeofshame I just brushed that whole encounter off as "and other sentences by Phil and Phil." I didn't think they were actually making sense and didn't expect them to, so thanks for sharing! The guest/host metaphor didn't occur to me on my own.

On a related note, I may have re-watched the new Sims video enough times that I've become confused by the innuendo:

Phil: I know, I'm more of a sausage in the evening kind of guy, rather than the morning... like some jam, or some cereal. I don't know--I don't know why you're finding that so funny.
Dan: fuck

(Dan's contribution is very important, obvs.) I'm curious, did we miss part of the joke in the jump cut before Phil says "like some jam or some cereal'' that would have made that addition make more sense? Does it already make sense in a way that hasn't occurred to me?

I'm looking forward to some couples/friendship yoga and more banter that goes over my head soon! :D
sonicgreen
woodland creature

watsonian wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 am @Templeofshame I just brushed that whole encounter off as "and other sentences by Phil and Phil." I didn't think they were actually making sense and didn't expect them to, so thanks for sharing! The guest/host metaphor didn't occur to me on my own.

On a related note, I may have re-watched the new Sims video enough times that I've become confused by the innuendo:

Phil: I know, I'm more of a sausage in the evening kind of guy, rather than the morning... like some jam, or some cereal. I don't know--I don't know why you're finding that so funny.
Dan: fuck

(Dan's contribution is very important, obvs.) I'm curious, did we miss part of the joke in the jump cut before Phil says "like some jam or some cereal'' that would have made that addition make more sense? Does it already make sense in a way that hasn't occurred to me?

I'm looking forward to some couples/friendship yoga and more banter that goes over my head soon! :D
On the topic of analyzing phil and phil jokes, they rarely are as thought-out as we try to make them to be. I feel like if you say just about anything in a suggestive tone or add "you know what I mean" to the end you get their stupid ~suggestive~ jokes. I love the two of them but analyzing half the shit they say doesn't yield any results :lol:
The addition of him mumbling something about jam and cereal was phil trying to bring the original topic back to breakfast foods, not the blatant statement, "I'm more of a sausage in the evening kind of guy".
Phantasy
woodland creature

Tyler Oakley has graduated to full on twunk (from Dan’s likes)...
autumnhearth
senpai

I would hope that at least some of it will be couples yoga. I mean they attempted a friendship yoga pose a couple pinofs ago and they’ve done conjoined baking and not your arms, which Dan mentioned was about their comfort level and people were welcome to suggest more challenges along those lines. So to assume that all the poses would be individual seems too pessimistic to me. I’m excited for it regardless. Whether the whole thing is yoga or if it’s only one part, whether it’s a trailer or just a tiny promo at the end (I like the idea of there being a part two on AP: II) I’m totally here for a silly Dan and Phil collab on dinof.

I just rewatched the Sims with the husband and Phil totally looks at Dan mischievously before making the sausage joke. I think he knows exactly what he’s doing. Maybe.
ratlad
angel bean

@Templeofshame that actually makes sense, especially in the situation where dan is a guest star on phil's channel (er.. i mean, phil²'s channel ??)
i had his whole domestic moment in my head of them sending out joint christmas cards and bickering over them (which totally happened irl anyway)