Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

yeah, i definitely sensed phil was wondering why dan asked him about the tackle. you can just see the blankness on his face and hear it in his voice. lmao, dan fully knew why.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:02 pm
alien wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pmI finally got around to watching the video for a second time and have some time for a couple thoughts.
There was this awkward tension I felt (and it could have just been me and not them) during the pinof tackle moment where I was bracing for another tackle coming on lol. I was like please no. The tackle is just so innocent and organic I didn’t want them to touch that haha.
I think Phil seemed slightly affronted by Dan asking - the sort of thing where there's an obvious answer (nervous, flirting, first day-date) that he fully expects Dan knows and knows Phil can't actually say and therefore he doesn't know why Dan is posing that question on camera.
THIS. tbh, I was offended that Dan was asking that question, because like.... wtf is Phil gonna say? How awkward! So I totally understand his brief discomfort there. He had to quickly come up with an answer that was neither a reference to their ~blooming romance~ nor a rejection of it.

Thinking of this thoroughly brought back the cringe I felt when I first watched that bit.
coffeepenguin
rainbow nerd
Pronouns: she/her

re: the tackle question, you don't think they discussed it at all beforehand, even in a broader sense, as in "do we talk about the circumstances of our meeting"?
Dan wants to be understood. Phil just wants to make the viewer smile and sell some backpacks (c) fancybum
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

LOL. Someone doesn't like that nobody's talking about this bit in the video. :lol:

Sorry, Dan. Set layout can't compete with what the people wanted.
yellowsubmarine
hobbit hair

Hahaha. That stage looks really really nice. Once again, I hope everyone has the time of their lives on tour :)

I actually freaked out for like half a second when Dan began to address "The Tackle", but I didn't see any change in Phil's demeanor, he looked pretty neutral to me, kinda fidgety but he always looks fidgety to me. Or I'm just not good at picking up on cues.
You know what confused me? When Phil leaned in close to Dan and then did the tongue thing, I thought THAT'S what they would address, but no it was the tongue thing. Because "The Lean In" is another sacred treasure from PINOF1.
alien wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm I can’t get over how boyish dan is in the face sometimes. I see it a lot in the part after the 3rd yoga pose where he’s up close to the camera. Ever since he showed us those childhood vids of him I can’t help but see that little face sometimes. Anyone know what I’m talking about or just me?
He does!! Totally saw baby Dan for a minute there. Phil looks too good to be true in the video obviously , but wow did Dan look so pretty too.
And also why is his neck so distracting?! More than usual to me at least, that jacket and grey tshirt look too good on him, and his little hoop and hair... honestly too distracting :oops: I'm not even gonna pretend his looks aren't a plus to me, because honestly he has the prettiest smile in the whole video, and wow does that make me wanna rewatch a million times.
"Treat yourself, because you're special and you're worth it."
so_cheesy
butt chair

rizzo wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:22 pm LOL. Someone doesn't like that nobody's talking about this bit in the video. :lol:

Sorry, Dan. Set layout can't compete with what the people wanted.
It’s a nice concept but this is so funny. The set might as well look like their balcony because as we already know people would still be satisfied and watch it for 5 hours, even if they weren’t there lol
autumnhearth
senpai

Totally agree that asking about the tackle was awkward and unnecessary. Another kinda odd moment for me was Dan over enthusiasticly agreeing with Phil’s cute “we just want to please you” at the beginning, it felt fake. Still love the video overall. Still watching it everyday.

I really hope the lighting of the set doesn’t give me (or anyone else, Phil included) a headache. Also I hope they show up as more than silhouettes during most of the show... The set also seems the opposite of real and personal. I get the game show aesthetic especially as there will be a Dan vs Phil element, but I dunno... Just have to wait and see (or rather wait to hear from those of you attending the first shows in the UK)
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

So.... AP vlog tomorrow, then a joint LS Thursday followed by gaming on the weekend and the tour trailer next week?
Please give the people what they want. And by people, I mean me.
ratlad
angel bean

@yellowsubmarine haven't we seen phil lean into dan in more recent years? in the impossible quiz, after the whole "PHIL LESTER, YOU'RE A GENIUS!" then when dan proceeds to accidentally ruin the game completely, phil hid his face and tucked into dan's side.
phil just likes bein close to his bf and :( i :( ugh.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

alien wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:54 pm I can’t get over how boyish dan is in the face sometimes. I see it a lot in the part after the 3rd yoga pose where he’s up close to the camera. Ever since he showed us those childhood vids of him I can’t help but see that little face sometimes. Anyone know what I’m talking about or just me?
Yes!! I rewatched that childhood reaction video recently and know exactly what you mean! I think it’s because he had his hair pushed back off his little round face :)
susan2
rainbow nerd

I'm sill riding a high off that video :D (effective ticket selling :thumb:).
Phil trying to swear reminded me so much of him trying to press that pen that gives you a electric shock (y'know everyone's gonna be rooting for Phil to win during the tour so he doesn't get shocked haha).
Speedygonz33 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 am Also just rewatched the video with my FBI tinfoil hat on and realized that they have A LOT of candles. Wonder when Dan will FINALLY give us what we truly want
When the dandle is ready to sell ;)
LtrllySusan wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 am My only problem is the prospect of singing/rapping on tour—idk why but stuff like that (Yasuhati, sudden singing in movies, etc.) makes me so uncomfortable. Even as a kid I knew how to fast-forward those Disney VHSs. So if you see someone in Amsterdam suddenly hiding under their seat and covering their ears, that's probably me :oops:
Same! Dan's diss track is peak cringe for me and I'm really struggling with the thought of witnessing Phil doing something like that live...please no.
live??!? or "live"
e.g. via their website / drop-in-the-box answer sheets / a pre-show (pre-recorded and filtered) video booth

I wonder if many people are going to attend more than one show so we get to hear how much variation there is / if they re-use interactions when they need to. I get the feeling (with each show having some different content) there's going to be a lot of rumours floating around in the coming months about what they apparently did/said at X show.
fancybum
senpai

susan2 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 pm I wonder if many people are going to attend more than one show so we get to hear how much variation there is / if they re-use interactions when they need to. I get the feeling (with each show having some different content) there's going to be a lot of rumours floating around in the coming months about what they apparently did/said at X show.
Can’t wait to see what can top the ‘Dan farted’ and ‘Phil cried and/or threw up’ m&g stories and what they bother personally refuting afterward (like Phil telling us in a ls that Dan absolutely did not fart :lol: ). Not looking forward to awkward photo requests (like the proposal one and others I’ve probably repressed) though. It’s going to be a mixed bag for the next few months, that’s for sure.

Anyway, Tom’s on board with my earlier ‘murder tour’ prediction, so that’s nice:
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

fancybum wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm
susan2 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:15 pm I wonder if many people are going to attend more than one show so we get to hear how much variation there is / if they re-use interactions when they need to. I get the feeling (with each show having some different content) there's going to be a lot of rumours floating around in the coming months about what they apparently did/said at X show.
Can’t wait to see what can top the ‘Dan farted’ and ‘Phil cried and/or threw up’ m&g stories and what they bother personally refuting afterward (like Phil telling us in a ls that Dan absolutely did not fart :lol: ). Not looking forward to awkward photo requests (like the proposal one and others I’ve probably repressed) though. It’s going to be a mixed bag for the next few months, that’s for sure.

Anyway, Tom’s on board with my earlier ‘murder tour’ prediction, so that’s nice:
Wait, what? :lol: Please elaborate? I missed this and now must know everything.
fancybum
senpai

sarmstr2 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 pm Wait, what? :lol: Please elaborate? I missed this and now must know everything.
There’s nothing to really elaborate on lol (except that those weren’t related! Just realized it looks like a cause and effect, but they were different days lmao), someone just said on twitter or wherever that Dan farted during a m&g and it just spread around (because lol) to the point they were asked about it in a liveshow (maybe it was Dan who defended himself? I can’t remember but somebody definitely said No Farting Occurred, just for the record. I feel like it was Phil..). And I think one or both of them commented on people saying Phil cried (I think it was Phil as a response on Twitter). But I can’t produce any receipts at the moment as I’m pretending to work right now. Maybe somebody has a better memory than me.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

fancybum wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:33 pm Can’t wait to see what can top the ‘Dan farted’ and ‘Phil cried and/or threw up’ m&g stories and what they bother personally refuting afterward (like Phil telling us in a ls that Dan absolutely did not fart :lol: ). Not looking forward to awkward photo requests (like the proposal one and others I’ve probably repressed) though. It’s going to be a mixed bag for the next few months, that’s for sure.
You just KNOW this meme is gonna be recreated in every possible combination:

Though, I fully intend on making them do a slav squat with me and I'm not even sorry.
liola
rankussy

Is it pointless to hope for the AP video tonight? I just really really need a good distraction before bed sigh come on Phil feed us again
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
susan2
rainbow nerd

fancybum wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:58 pm
sarmstr2 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:37 pm Wait, what? :lol: Please elaborate? I missed this and now must know everything.
There’s nothing to really elaborate on lol (except that those weren’t related! Just realized it looks like a cause and effect, but they were different days lmao), someone just said on twitter or wherever that Dan farted during a m&g and it just spread around (because lol) to the point they were asked about it in a liveshow (maybe it was Dan who defended himself? I can’t remember but somebody definitely said No Farting Occurred, just for the record. I feel like it was Phil..). And I think one or both of them commented on people saying Phil cried (I think it was Phil as a response on Twitter). But I can’t produce any receipts at the moment as I’m pretending to work right now. Maybe somebody has a better memory than me.
i'd forgotten all about that...thanks for the reminder :lol:
16:43 & 17:11 - https://youtu.be/kpO6Vn_fNoQ?t=16m43s
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Hello all! first time posting here! I couldn't resist the lure of an old-fashioned message board (Tumblr is great, but god, it's terrible for conversation).

Most of what I had to say has been covered by everyone else, but I do have a few things I wanted to talk about...

Add me to the list of people who loved seeing them 'break the fourth wall' in this video, in a small way at the beginning, and more so at the end with Phil talking about why he doesn't swear on his channel. I personally love moments like this, where we see more of a... behind the scenes look at the choices they make for their channels I guess? I loved the interview they did with Sue Perkins for the same reason, where they talked about the business side of what they do.

I loved the little Manchester DITL2 we got. Firstly because I finally know how far up their apartment was (I'd always wondered), but also because it showed how much time had passed. They both look so much more mature up now - Especially Phil with the glasses and fwiff combo. I loved the parallels, though I do kind of wish Dan had left out the 'own little world' comment. It just felt a bit too obviously said as a reference to the previous video, rather than organic.

One thing I loved throughout the video was how giggly they were. We've always seen them laughing and having fun, but I feel like several of the moments we got in the video would have either have been cut out or had them react differently for the camera a year or so ago. When Phil spat on Dan for example, I could see Dan in the past acting fully mock outraged for the camera, but instead we got only a little of that and him mostly rolling around on the floor laughing. Also when Phil was trying on Dan's clothes and Dan said 'What's monetized? Not this video, yikes!' and Phil gave this blushing, embarrassed giggle. A few years ago I don't think they would have kept that in, or had Dan say that. It was cute and kind of flirty and I loved it. Also, he looked good in that black grid jumper. Damn good.

As far as the tackle in PINOF1 goes, though it might have been a little awkward, I understand why Dan asked the question. The tackle had to be addressed in some way since it was such an iconic moment, or people would be upset/mad it was ignored, or start a million different theories as to why they skipped it. I think they handled it the best they could without getting too personal about it.

As far as upcoming content goes, I'm really looking forward to whatever 'vloggy' stuff Phil is going to upload (DITL stuff they cut couldn't fit into Dan's video I hope), though I do wish there was time for him to post a solo video before that. 6 of the last 8 video on his channel have featured Dan, and while I personally love watching videos of them together, I do worry that some that subscribe to him might start getting annoyed by it. With the tour coming up I'd expect any videos he puts up over the next few months to probably feature Dan in some way too. Hopefully that doesn't negatively impact things.
autumnhearth
senpai

^ :welcome:

Quick post to answer my own concern:
sgt_meowenstein
phillion/danosaur <//3

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:13 am ^ :welcome:

Quick post to answer my own concern:
PLEASE tell me this means glasses Phil is here to stay! 🙏

There’s only 2 things that really got my attention in the Holy Video that I haven’t seen discussed:
1) Is it me or is Phil going slightly salt n pepper around the front of his hairline? Hot damn 😍
2) Phil’s giggle of absolute delight when Dan came out in the first outfit made my entire year. It’s the cutest thing I’ve ever heard
autumnhearth
senpai

I think some shows will get glasses, some will get contacts, but all with get the fwiff
*left

It’s hard to tell if there is really grey/silver/white or if it’s just the light, but I’m totally here for it if it is. (The only person in my everyday life that I currently have a crush on is our silver fox UPS guy.)
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I don't think it was grey hair so much as just his natural gingery-brown showing through and reflecting the light, highlighting it. Saying that I got my first grey hairs at his age, so it's possible.
fancybum
senpai

He tweeted something boring just to remind the internet he exists which means he will post a video later today and that’s how science works or else.

edit: I thought it was Thursday, which seems like prime Phil video day, but it's Wednesday, so maybe not. The "or else" still stands though.
ratlad
angel bean

i hope phil posts today... i've been thinkin bout thos beans ever since...
(and when i say thos beans, i mean vloggy ditl and extras)
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Remember live shows? Those were nice.