Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

i'm in too deep with dan tbh. that tweet and his look - the curly hair, the earring, the romper, and his confidence - it pleased me far too much. this can't be healthy. why do i stan so hard?

(i was about to wish him luck using the bathroom and then i remembered he'd only face that problem 50% of the time.... sigh)

ETA: This is a thing apparently? That Hot Topic deal is really working out for them, isn't it?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

Love the outfit on Dan, he looks great. Really great.

I'm pumped there's a gaming video tonight. Not only because I'm excited for a gaming video (which I am!) but also because that means there shouldn't be much of a drought this next week since they've still got to fit in Phil's vloggy video and the trailer on Dan's channek before tour. Lots of content this next week, and then tour will be starting before we know it!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Happy that we're getting a video today, and I do love the gaming vids, especially the ones we've been given this year, so I have high hopes for this one too.

I do wish we'd get Phil's video soon though. This semi-regular content across channels is making me thirsty for more. I was originally hoping for more from the mini-DITL, but I've since changed my mind. As someone else mentioned, a video similar to the making of TABINOF would be cool, or even just a few days of tour prep would be fun.

Loving Dan in the romper, though not sure how cool it'll be since it's black!
kavat
pastel persona
Pronouns: she/her

Ugh he's cute and I love his style. Rompers are hell to wear when you need to go to the bathroom though.
starwatersong
phabergé

I think this is the romper
here
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Damn, he looks cute in that outfit. It does look too black for this weather, but it’s loose and short I guess. Still, it looks like he’s wearing a black hole (I don’t know why, technically wearing jeans and a jumper would be more).

Argh, so curious about the bts video, I guess that’ll be over the weekend and then the trailer next week. Still, deppy fix is deppy fix. Tour’s almost here!

What have I learned from them? Hmm. Firstly, the glabella and weenii. That I could still fall as hard for a bloke as ever. That one man can have a sexier baritone voice than half a Welsh male-voice choir. How to make slime and get glitter everywhere. How to cool down your pjs. How to keep people off your tail by tweeting strategically. That I can live without bi-weekly liveshows even though my life does feel emptier now (hobbies and social life have gone meh, otherwise I’d be fine). That two guys with good marketing skills (not that I know exactly what they are), lucky timing and cuteness on their side (plus work, obv) can take over the fricking world.
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:32 pm I kind of want those shoes.

Also looks like we're getting a gaming vid tonight instead of Phils video.
Love the confidence and twitter responses, but I am not fan of the romper. That's not dig at Dan or anything, I think rompers are a no for everyone. Unless you're a baby; babies get a pass.
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Rompers were a fashion mistake.

But I'm excited for a new DAPG, I hope it's a good one :ribena: Please bring golf back.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

starwatersong wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:49 pm I think this is the romper
here
I have two thoughts.

1. Dan wears it way better than the model, though Dan does benefit from having his own personal photographer who knows how to capture his best angles (assuming any bad ones exist).

2. My first thought after opening the webpage was that there was no way that could be the right one, because it was way too cheap for a 'Dan outfit'. lol
sapienveneficus
rainbow nerd

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:11 pm
here
I have two thoughts.

1. Dan wears it way better than the model, though Dan does benefit from having his own personal photographer who knows how to capture his best angles (assuming any bad ones exist).

2. My first thought after opening the webpage was that there was no way that could be the right one, because it was way too cheap for a 'Dan outfit'. lol
Maybe Phil's convinced him to be a little more frugal going into the tour. Think of all the ridiculous t shirts and bejeweled hats he'll need to buy while they're abroad!
"Someone, somewhere is into that." Daniel Howell
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

sapienveneficus wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 pm
here
I have two thoughts.

Maybe Phil's convinced him to be a little more frugal going into the tour. Think of all the ridiculous t shirts and bejeweled hats he'll need to buy while they're abroad!
Haha true! I'm sure there will be plenty of those to come over the next few months!
alien
procrastinator

I can’t believe we’re living in days where Dan Howell is wearing a romper with actual confidence.
flarequake
not an airport stalker

Dan always wears things better than the model and he’s prettier than any of them that I’ve seen in the clothes he’s bought. He also brings his sad vibe to it, I think that might help, he looks vulnerable while some models just look unfriendly since none are allowed to smile.
honeybee
squish

dancy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:42 pm Quick question: I vaguely remember someone saying all TATINOF UK tickets were 20 pounds but I don't know if my mind just made that up or whether it's true. Does anyone know?
*Looks at ticket which is blue-tacked to my wall*

My Sheffield Tatinof ticket was £25 and I was on the very back row of the very top balcony lol, so I don't think any tickets would have been that cheap- I think mine might have been the cheapest.

Edit: things I've learnt from deppy? There's probably a lot of things, but I think for me it's mostly about the value of self reflection and doing what you want in life and not settling if there is better for you. I think Dan gave me a lot of confidence to drop out of uni and work out what I actually wanted to do rather than just toughing it out as I might have done, and Phil encourages me to try not to be too serious if things are tough.
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

NIce pictures but i don't see any point in wearing rompers. It sounds mighty unpractical and i find it a rather odd idea that they would look more fashionable than a well fitting two piece garment.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
flarequake
not an airport stalker

All the UK tour tickets were £25 because the guys managed to get a deal with the theatres. They couldn’t for the rest of the world so they were all different prices as usual.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I can forgive the lack of liveshows if we get Phil in glasses more often tbh. I am just about to watch the video but needed to tell you all this first.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
starwatersong
phabergé

here
Don’t worry, it was originally £45 in sale. Still somewhat pricy. And I’m sure the shoes make up for it.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

flarequake wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm All the UK tour tickets were £25 because the guys managed to get a deal with the theatres. They couldn’t for the rest of the world so they were all different prices as usual.
That’s not quite true. They’ve managed to keep the price down for the cheapest tickets to about £30 or under. Some theatres have big restoration/admin fees. However the prices above that vary from theatre to theatre and have a range up to vip. I paid 30 for Milton Keynes but 45 for London.
Last edited by lilabet on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
Kimship
glabella

That was fun. I love the games where they have to discuss the answers/what to do. It always leads to weird and entertaining conversations.
malday
emo goose

The gaming video wasn't that remarkable but a funny moment was at 11:56 when Phil said "can i see you from behind" and made himself laugh but Dan ignored him.
SquishPhan
capita£ester

I enjoyed that, I like these kind of videos so not surprsing.

Slightly kinkshaming Dan for really wanting to have sex with himself.

Also Phil looks so good with his quiff and glasses. :love1:
pastelspectre
stress mushroom
Pronouns: he/him

That was a good video!! I laughed a few times.

Also, what Dan and Phil have taught me: well I’ve been watching them since 2012-2014/2015 I think and then was gone for a while but.. they taught me to be myself. To live my truth and not care what others think. That’s super cheesy but.. they’ve taught me so many great things and bring me such joy in my life.
:transheart:
yeetussy
glabella

Phil looks great! I can’t vibe w the vid tho, idk the interactions b/w them are grating with me a bit. I also don’t care for this game

I did love that moment where Dan said he’d fuck himself and Phil was stunned and moved swiftly on, that had me wheezing.