Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

(gif credit: shinyphan)
Please carry on 😎 whilst I spend the next half an hour staring at Phils selfie.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

:'0 !!! yay my suggestion got picked!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It's been a busy day in Dan and Phil world, so just a catch up from the previous thread:
simmehchan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm There's many things I didn't need to ever see and this is near top of that list.
(Phil's selfie, of course, which is in the first post of this new thread.)
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:35 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 pm
hello9217 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 pm I can't post a photo but dan did apologize in the liveshow description that he wasn't making fun of the girl. Good on him honestly I will be happy to put this all behind us.
Edited to add: the liveshow on youtube in case of confusion
Amiaw
interactive introvert

Dan is out there apologizing and liking tweets about babies and Phil’s out there being beautiful- London should have more sunny days if this is what we get
lila23
tol bean

Phil is beautiful in that pic, wow! But, is it really a selfie? Given Phil's lack of coordination, could he really have taken such a good photo with his eyes shut? I doubt it... Who could have taken it then? :D

Poor Dan, hope he's ok now. And bravo for the apology!
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

That photo... PHIL ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL US?! I swear, i stared at my screen for at least one minute at university today.
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I just got bombarded with work, but coming back to that stunning Phil selfie and Dan's genuinely lovely apology really warms my heart.

Phil just looks so goddamn attractive with that glasses/quiff combo.

And Dan just...... very well spoken. Exactly what he needed to say. I love. So much. Everything he chooses to be.
Ilovethemohyesido
living flop

missemma wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:35 pm Please carry on 😎 whilst I spend the next half an hour staring at Phils selfie.
He's so good looking and very effortlessly so.
knq
lava lamp

Aw, the thread name makes me uncomfortable. :( It’s here because most people voted for it, so I hope I don’t annoy absolutely everyone by saying that.

I feel like it’s a bit disrespectful to make jokes out of Phil’s words from a private video that, as others have discussed here before in a much more articulate manner than I ever could, probably had a detrimental effect on Phil and his relationship with his fans.

No? Just me? :oops:
ratlad
angel bean

watsonian wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 pm Aw, the thread name makes me uncomfortable. :( It’s here because most people voted for it, so I hope I don’t annoy absolutely everyone by saying that.

I feel like it’s a bit disrespectful to make jokes out of Phil’s words from a private video that, as others have discussed here before in a much more articulate manner than I ever could, probably had a detrimental effect on Phil and his relationship with his fans.

sorry, it was my suggestion.
i mean it was 8 years ago, i don't see it as an off-limits thing to joke about..
there has been worse things that have happened in the phandom. remember that these are two grown men, they don't dwell on that video every single day.
is it possible to change it to something else?

another edit cause I can't shut up: but we have people talking about their personal lives on here (of what they show us)
and the cherry references weren't necessarily private, they plastered it all over their formspring back in the day. but i understand where you're coming from.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I finally watched the liveshow tonight and its kind of funny watching it after the events happened, especially when he used the words "dont freak out" haha, he must know the phandom better than that! I actually enjoyed the liveshow a lot though and didn't see as much negativity as was posted across social media at the time he was doing it.

My thoughts:
[*]I know he said that he said in his apology in the youtube upload that he wasn't making fun of Sandra however his first words were "subject, love you, xd, real thing" whilst pulling a face and then reads out words the person has said, including typos and "nine exclamation marks". I'm glad he apologised now because I didn't want to make a comment until I had watched it myself, but he did come across as being very sarcastic towards that fan and I'm sure if it was a real email (I doubt highly that is was) the fan would have been kind of hurt by the fact he read it out in the way he did.

[*]Him talking about the flu jab makes me LOL, dude the flu jab has been proven to not actually work, especially with the new strain that was around this year as it's not made to fight that off. I work in a hospital and so many people got the flu jab and still had the flu so no need to waste your money dude, you'll get ill anyways meeting all those randoms!

[*]Being a moron at 13 - same Dan, same.

[*]He keeps mentioning Instagram stories, it makes me think it's some kind of spon because if he was so interested in it, why not use it more often before the tour to start sponning the tour, there is only a few weeks to go now so they need to start the hype train. Only 22 days to go before the first show.

[*]Riverdale chats, yes! I binge watched all of season 1 and 15 episodes in two days following their recommendations so I am here for Dan talking about it.

[*]Him talking about CAH - yes. I think the card that he mentions the "you can't say that you'd do that lewd sex act to that inappropriate object on youtube" must be
either Golden Showers, Doin' it in the butt, Necrophilia or Fingering
as they are the only sexual act ones in the cards. You can look at the different cards here

[*]Norovirus. Poor guy, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Lol to him saying that he drank 5 pints of water to stop vomiting, dude that would give you actual vomiting if you had norovirus, if you have it then everything that goes into you literally comes straight back out, both ends.
simmehchan wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:31 pm
Wow, the reaction is shocking. I can't imagine that just from wearing a t-shirt that his face would swell like that. The left side of his face is swollen including his ear. Bit scary that he's saying that he started wheezing as well, lucky that he had some anti-histamines in the flat. If it was a reaction to washing powder then surely he would get it with all the other clothes he wears? Can I just say though, him and Phil must be working out hard because they both have the most fantastic arms (I have a thing for arms what can I say) right now, flex those arm guns boys.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
ratlad
angel bean

@japaninpics’s Tweet: Dan liked this..... :garbage:

i cant ever link things properly im sorry
Last edited by missemma on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed tags
so_cheesy
butt chair

Well that was fast. This thread name must be a joke
knq
lava lamp

ratlad wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 pm
watsonian wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:48 pm Aw, the thread name makes me uncomfortable. :( It’s here because most people voted for it, so I hope I don’t annoy absolutely everyone by saying that.

i mean it was 8 years ago, i don't see it as an off-limits thing to joke about..
there has been worse things that have happened in the phandom. remember that these are two grown men, they don't dwell on that video every single day.

another edit cause I can't shut up: but we have people talking about their personal lives on here (of what they show us)
and the cherry references weren't necessarily private, they plastered it all over their formspring back in the day. but i understand where you're coming from.
I hope I haven't insulted you, then? I definitely don't mean to. I understand everyone draws the line somewhere different, and I (probably) wouldn't be uncomfortable if that quote came from their formsprings; they chose to make those public. I don't think the thread name should be changed just because one person is put off. I think I'm more seeking to understand where it is IDB as a group/in its administration draws the line, as I would have guessed before private content, and now I'm uncertain. But maybe that's not something I should even be talking about in the main thread because hey, it's not actually on topic.
ratlad
angel bean

watsonian wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 pm
ratlad wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:00 pm

I hope I haven't insulted you, then? I definitely don't mean to. I understand everyone draws the line somewhere different, and I (probably) wouldn't be uncomfortable if that quote came from their formsprings; they chose to make those public. I don't think the thread name should be changed just because one person is put off. I think I'm more seeking to understand where it is IDB as a group/in its administration draws the line, as I would have guessed before private content, and now I'm uncertain. But maybe that's not something I should even be talking about in the main thread because hey, it's not actually on topic.
nah im not insulted
pastelspectre
stress mushroom

hello i am late but

the dan liveshow? i genuinely enjoyed it and laughed at a few parts. and phil's selfie was a blessing. i'm glad dan apologized for the sandra email thing though. i appreciate that.
:transheart:
autumnhearth
senpai

You’re not alone @watsonian it made me a bit uncomfortable too. Yes it’s a clever pun, but I would hate for D or P to see it (not that I think they would). As for the forum itself drawing the line I mean, there are FAQ pages on the V-Day video and ‘what’s the deal with “cherry”’ and an emoji called “omgsomuch” :omgsomuch: So I don’t think a pun is out of line. I would assume the line would be drawn at posting the video. I’m sure it’s in the forum rules.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:29 pmI hope I haven't insulted you, then? I definitely don't mean to. I understand everyone draws the line somewhere different, and I (probably) wouldn't be uncomfortable if that quote came from their formsprings; they chose to make those public. I don't think the thread name should be changed just because one person is put off. I think I'm more seeking to understand where it is IDB as a group/in its administration draws the line, as I would have guessed before private content, and now I'm uncertain. But maybe that's not something I should even be talking about in the main thread because hey, it's not actually on topic.
Hi! I'm happy to clarify for you. Our rules currently state that we prohibit the sharing of information that has not been made publicly available, that we prohibit sharing of information that involves a risk of harassment or loss of privacy, and that we do not allow embedding of copyrighted content that was not distributed with the consent of the creator.

What this means is that while embedding a copy of that particular video would be against forum rules, discussion of or reference to it isn't. We do understand that jokes about private material may not be to everyone's taste, but we prefer to let the forum itself as a community set the tone and avoid over-moderation for issues that are not clear rule violations.
ratlad
angel bean

im sorry guys
i didn't wanna make people upset
i feel like we could come up with a better one tbh.
pls don't hate me
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

ratlad wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 am im sorry guys
i didn't wanna make people upset
i feel like we could come up with a better one tbh.
pls don't hate me
Aw don't feel bad :platonic: This little discourse will be good for future reference and stuff, we're all learning as we go.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Dan liked this on twitter, but mostly I'm sharing it because it's the best thing I've seen today aside from Phil's tweet.
autumnhearth
senpai

@ratlad nobody hates you. Honestly jokes like this are pretty ingrained in phandom culture. I follow plenty of blogs that have some reference to the vid or 2009 stuff of a more delicate nature in their urls. Many people use phrases from then as tags, myself included. And well it is the 69th thread and someone called for a sexy title. :shrug:

@missemma ooo Instagram sponsoring the tour would make sense! I’m ready for this “so much content we won’t know what to do”. (Probably not an exact quote, probably not going to be an exact reality, but bring it!)
cheetopapi
smol bean

super duper late, but if we're talking about deleted videos, I'm surprised he hasn't deleted how to befriend your favorite internet stars.
(and yes, I do realize that that video is totally satirical, even in an edgy way, but I've been in the phandom for 7 years now and I've figured that out like 2 years ago, soo)
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

very very pleased with dans apology.

was shocked by the pictures he posted earlier, at first i didn't even know it was him and i was super confused. looks like a bad reaction but i hope he's ok now.

and side note, i often forget that dan is fully grown man...a Large one, at that. his shoulders and his arms and his back...nice.

also big phan of phils pic from today. super cute that they have a cherry blossom tree. also love phi's "our" in the tweet because like of course it's theirs and he expects everyone to know he's talking about dan anyway. <3
alien
procrastinator

sugar wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:52 am
also big phan of phils pic from today. super cute that they have a cherry blossom tree. also love phi's "our" in the tweet because like of course it's theirs and he expects everyone to know he's talking about dan anyway. <3
thank you for pointing this out because I somehow missed that when he posted and that's very cute :love2: