Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
hello9217
flower crown
Pronouns: she/her

I typically don't mind these types of videos and this one had a few good moments but I really want them to play a proper game. The last video game they played was a month ago with crash bandicoot. I can respect that these are probably immensely easier to film and edit and tour is just around the corner but I really do miss actual gaming.
Reizam
butt chair

I enjoyed that! I actually thought they had good vibes and it made me laugh quite a bit.
I couldn't help but notice for the immortal grandparent question their minds went straight to a grandpa lover instead of grandma... interesting...

Phil doing the "I hate you" thing cracked me up, and him teasing Dan for his "Hi I'm Phil" thing was great.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

lilabet wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:11 pm
flarequake wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm All the UK tour tickets were £25 because the guys managed to get a deal with the theatres. They couldn’t for the rest of the world so they were all different prices as usual.
That’s not quite true. They’ve managed to keep the price down for the cheapest tickets to about £30 or under. Some theatres have big restoration/admin fees. However the prices above that vary from theatre to theatre and have a range up to vip. I paid 30 for Milton Keynes but 45 for London.
Oh, I meant for Tatinof (unless I’m still wrong, memory isn’t perfect), though VIP were still higher.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I really liked that video! Even though it's not really a game, I love the banter we get from them. Lmao to Dan saying he'd fuck and then kill his alternate universe self, and the bit where he said he'd like to get probed around 6 mins in. I also loved that they broke down Dan introducing himself as Phil.

Off topic from the video, but I think I'm getting too used to the quiff to the point where all I want to do is push Phil's hair back when I watch old videos lol.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i am happy whenever they upload regardless, but it wasn't an absolute favorite of mine this year.
i'm glad we got a little more detail about the awkward Phil² interaction when dan introduced himself as his literal other half lmao.
this video really was all about clones, wasn't it? dancest fics are coming to life i guess.
i feel like the vid went by too quickly and was a bit rushed tbh. personal space still doesn't exist with them, i'm not complaining!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really love the insight they sometimes provide on how they resolve conflict. Phil was so immediately insistent that you've got to "have the conversation" if it matters, and how important it is not to let things like that just sit and fester.
ratlad
angel bean

Reizam wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:34 pm
I couldn't help but notice for the immortal grandparent question their minds went straight to a grandpa lover instead of grandma... interesting...
lmao i just noticed that, wasn't the question about your s/o becoming a grandparent? i forget. but it Makes You Think.
i have a theory that dan is actually married to his stunt double (which was used in the first pinof as phil tackled him to the ground)
it explains why phil said "howard" instead of "howell" cause the stunt doubles last name is howard. it all makes sense now...
autumnhearth
senpai

I think I over analyze what they say too much in this type of game. Not their answer per say, but what they do and don’t say about their personal life and that makes me anxious and the video less enjoyable. I dunno. I went back and watched the first one and I was fine with it. Maybe I’m just in a weird mood. Will give it another shot.

Glad to know Dancest is still in the cards. The contrast of Dan wanting to fuck and kill himself and Phil just wanting to check himself out from behind is funny. Also Dan was in the mood for probing.

Nice to confirm the introduction fail was with someone on their touring team. Oh dear, James Howard what the heck? Glasses and plaid button up is a classic look on Phil.
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:40 pm I really love the insight they sometimes provide on how they resolve conflict. Phil was so immediately insistent that you've got to "have the conversation" if it matters, and how important it is not to let things like that just sit and fester.
*breathes in*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
never go to sleep on an argument
: happytears:
phil has used that piece of advice about relationships and his and dan's friendship before and.... yeah....
unrelated, but i have something in my eye.
dancy
procrastinator

Not one of my favorites but I liked it! I don't really mind flash or Google games, since I feel like these types allow them to chat and banter with each other more. I understand wanting them to play console games but I've noticed the last two times they did that (with Crash Bandicoot and Zelda) the videos didn't get great views, so I think that's also a reason why they don't play those often. Seems like the video was filmed six days ago, considering Phil mentioned the "Phil and Phil moment" happened yesterday but in reality he tweeted about it a week ago.

Also @flarequake and @honeybee, thanks for letting me know! Shame they couldn't get every UK ticket to be 25 pounds again, because that is quite a nice deal and I feel like a lot of people probably can't afford a ticket now since tickets in the stalls tend to cost around 60 pounds.
tyhane
delia smith

My favorite part was def the bit with Phil talking about having to have a conversation if it was something important enough. Also enjoyed the grenade part and the talk about the "hi I'm Phil" incident. (they were laughing so much and those tiny taps Phil gave Dan to get his attention were strangely cute.) Not a remarkable video, not going on my rewatch playlist and probably won't think about it again after today, but I can't expect a new knockout hit every time.

Also, I was actually surprised they posted a dapg video so soon. I was kind of expecting the vloggy thing on Phil's channel to be the next video, and the next dapg one to be... I dunno. A lot farther than a week after the last one, that's for sure. Surprised they're putting out so much even though now we're really right in the pre-tour time.
fieldoflovers
living flop

My favourite part was phil saying “i don’t want to get political but...” and then saying the most non-political statement in the universe. I stan one(1) non-political man.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

A bit meh but still enjoyable. tbh I'm at a point where I can't tell the difference between all these internet games anymore :')

some v short commentary:

- Phil's go-to relationship advice is a recurring guest star on the channels at this point, but Dan's resistance makes me think it doesn't always quite go that way. Turns out they're normal people and that their relationship does have flaws just like any other, who knew?
- I wanna know more about this James Howard guy, Daniel Howell who?
- Dan would fuck his doppelgänger, all the Dancest writers have been validated. Phil apparently wants his doppelgänger from behind. :thumb:
- I'm so glad that Dan introducing himself as Phil was brought up.
- Phil's thing with immortality is yet another recurring guest star. He scares me sometimes.
- Top notch editing on the entire video, but especially the grenade part.
- These damn Apple fanboys. :roll: Phil saying 'not to get political' and then talking about dongles was true comedy though.
- Phil wants all the holes.
- Lottery numbers. Guys idk whether at this point he's taking the piss because of our capitalism jokes or whether money is just really all he thinks about. :shrug:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
ratlad
angel bean

im givin the vid another watch and i find myself smiling more this time ?? maybe it was me who was rushing it?
if u can't blame urself how the hell are u gonna blame somebody else's youtube video, can i get a gaymen?
flirty boyfriends <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Catallena wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 pm- Phil's go-to relationship advice is a recurring guest star on the channels at this point, but Dan's resistance makes me think it doesn't always quite go that way. Turns out they're normal people and that their relationship does have flaws just like any other, who knew?
I wonder if Dan's resisting because that's not how it usually works out, or if maybe it does work just fine but Dan's uncomfortable with that bit of ~real life~ relationship advice being out there on the channel?
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 pm
Catallena wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 pm- Phil's go-to relationship advice is a recurring guest star on the channels at this point, but Dan's resistance makes me think it doesn't always quite go that way. Turns out they're normal people and that their relationship does have flaws just like any other, who knew?
I wonder if Dan's resisting because that's not how it usually works out, or if maybe it does work just fine but Dan's uncomfortable with that bit of ~real life~ relationship advice being out there on the channel?
It felt to me like Dan was going with the Phil-avoids-confrontation approach, which we've gotten (as branding or as accurate) a fair amount, but Phil makes the point that with a best friend "or something like that" it's different and the conversation needs to happen anyway.
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Forget Dan Howell, I'm only stanning James Howard.

I actually really like these videos even though they're not playing proper games. The banter we get from these browser games is priceless and that's what I'm here for. :lol:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Templeofshame wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:12 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 pm
It felt to me like Dan was going with the Phil-avoids-confrontation approach, which we've gotten (as branding or as accurate) a fair amount, but Phil makes the point that with a best friend "or something like that" it's different and the conversation needs to happen anyway.
Yeah, I agree with that. It feels like Phil was making it personal and Dan was making it objective.
fancy_nancy
phabergé

That video was ok, I guess, made me laugh a couple of times. Dans outfit: he looks so so so so handsome but rompers are clothes from hell
starwatersong
phabergé

Game was good; but not phenomenal. Part of it was, I’m sure, that I’m coming off of the high of “Giving the People what they want.”

Both myself and my roommate are stymied by the thumbnail, though. It looks like a random pause button Dan moment.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I really enjoyed that video. People have already mentioned everything I liked about it so I won't go into detail, but it was a good video. Nothing absolutely outstanding, but a solid video with some great moments, and deppy continue to be such a relaxed and normal version of themselves and I continue to love it.

Off topic - Alfie mentioned Dan and Phil's 'giving the people what they want' video in his vlog today at about 14:00. It's in relation to him doing a video with Zoe where they do something that people always request (i.e. have a baby - in this case it's obviously a fake baby). I now want to see deppy take care of a baby. Request for 'giving the people what they want part 2'? lol just kidding.

Here's the video for anyone interested. (I haven't finished watching it yet because I paused to post here, but I think they're just introducing the thing now, and the actual baby video will be tomorrow's vlog):

knq
lava lamp

Phil and Phil seemed very relaxed in this, which was exactly what I needed today.

Best friend hated you
Dan chooses to interpret this question as him secretly hating Phil and not the other way around. First he decides Phil can't hate him because Phil just said he hates Dan and the question says it's a secret, because Dan is hopelessly literal when it suits him. Then he says "Would I confront you if I secretly hated you?" which is... not the question.

Phil champions confronting your problems. Dan thinks that's what Phil should do, not what he would do. For whatever reason, this reminded me of the video where Dan said Phil was the kind of person who would mute someone and then not tell them on twitter, because he's sneaky like that (P: I'm not sneaky! I'm just nice.) and then I had to go looking for that video, so here you go if anyone else felt like re-watching. http://youtu.be/isJli1BH0-M?t=6m23s

Killer's basement
2:47 Phil: "But we've got different brains." Sounds fake but ok

Separate universe
Dan: I'll fuckin' kill him. I'll fuck and kill him.
Dan's pretty sure the natural reaction to meeting yourself in another universe is murder. Phil just wants to play Mario Kart and see his butt.

See the future
Phil rewords "Find out if you're still single" to "Find out if you're single." No one is surprised. :philtrash:

Martians took over
Phil wants to star in a post-apocalyptic novel fanfic. He probably already has.
Phil wants Dan to join him. Also definitely part of the fic.
Dan would enjoy being probed daily. That's a slightly different fanfic.

Erase one skill
The return of Phil and Phil. Dan doesn't seem to be cringing over this at all, actually. Why am I proud of him? I'm proud of him.
The re-branding to Phil James Howard has begun.

Immortal grandpa lover
These weirdos still want to be immortal. Can't relate.
1.2 Trillion Dollars
Phil decides what they will do with their 1.2 trillion dollars without consulting Dan. Dan holds up a phone and says "I'm contributing." good job honey :lol:

Younger self
Dan and gender: The incestuous lover is specifically a grandpa, but young Phil is a 'them.' Okie dokie then.

Doppelgangers again
Dan enters full rant mode. Phil makes a decision without him mid-rant. It's probably for the best.

Aaaand Dan does the wink thing in the end screen without even apologizing. :shrug: I feel like they were in rare, perhaps more natural form today. I'm not complaining.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

@watsonian, have I mentioned how much I love your recap posts? Because I really love your recap posts.

I also love Dan's whiny voice at the "you don't even know my name" part. Are there any compilations of Dan whining in that specific tone? Surely he's done it more than once before but the "you have another friend" one is all that's coming to mind.
starwatersong
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:04 am

I also love Dan's whiny voice at the "you don't even know my name" part. Are there any compilations of Dan whining in that specific tone? Surely he's done it more than once before but the "you have another friend" one is all that's coming to mind.
I know of the one at the beginning of Tomska's making of First Contact.

Last edited by alittledizzy on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
knq
lava lamp

meep @alittledizzy thank you :love2: Dan has such a diverse repertoire of whines. It's a talent he utilizes well. This isn't quite the same but it reminds me of fetus Dan whining about milkshake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr1yttpWdto