Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith
Pronouns: she/her

onomatopoeia wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 pm
TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:13 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:32 pm I’ll just be over here reading about ai-ai gasa and Japanese umbrella culture (they have umbrella “condom” err sheathing machines and paid locking stands).
Just logged in after a week to tell you how much "umbrella condom machines" made me laugh.
What actually is an umbrella sheathing machine? I'm imagining something along the lines of that umbrella cover I had which was a fucking NIGHTMARE to put on and was waaay too small. I think I dropped it in my school corridor once and I never saw it again. It was a bit sad tbh, I felt like I never really appreciated it until it was gone...
:cry: :lol:
hi! so i'm from eastern asia and it rains a fuck ton here. when we go in a store or a mall, there will usually be an ~umbrella condom machine~ at the entrance, and you basically just insert your umbrella in the plastic bag and pull it out so the water won't drip everywhere! picture under the cut
Woah, that's so interesting + cool! I wish they had those here in Ireland, but usually if you buy like a mini folding umbrella (I keep mine in the drinks pouch of my school bag just in case) it comes with a plastic pouch in the same pattern and material of the umbrella and you keep the pouch dry in a pocket or bag to fold up the umbrella and store it in after you use it.

Edit: What an interesting post to be at the top of the page :garbage:
autumnhearth
senpai

starwatersong wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:54 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:52 pm I'm still amazed at how little of their trip we actually know about. We got the barest of highlights and one really cute DITL but they were there for a couple of weeks, right? (That "Well done, Phil" instagram video from their dinner out still makes me feel things in a deep way. Dan's voice was so soft and fond.)
For those who haven't seen it, I'm going to add Mimei's video from Mount Fuji (still part of Day in the Life, though). Featuring Mimei, Dan, Phil, and Duncan.
Thank you for sharing this I was just thinking I need to watch this after Dan mentioned it in Japan Haul (kiddo and I watched that and the DITL yesterday, they are two of his favorites). I know it’s linked in the description but well this is a better reminder.

Yeah, umm some people are convinced April must be significant. I just think it was probably a good time for vacations for them (Singapore, Japan and Portugal turned Blackpool). So I’m a bit cynical and realistic there. I agree with dizzy that they are probably just visiting friends. But that doesn’t mean I’m not sappy and reblogging imagines and phan art, just for the feels.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i feel like with about a decade of sharing online we could find a pattern of pretty much anything in most months if we tried hard enough. april isn't the most expensive month to travel usually and japan being in april makes the most sense because it's a popular time because cherry blossoms even if cherry blossom season is overrated and i won't stand for this tokyo in autumn erasure
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I'm jealous
SquishPhan
capita£ester

obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:03 pm I'm jealous
I'm jealous too, that sounds like a great way to spend an evening to me.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

are those Ian's dogs?
oh i love them :( <3 chunk babie
look at the cute nose on the brown one
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

Well there we go, a nice game nice with friends. Can anyone id the game?
starwatersong
phabergé

That’s Takenoko, I think. I’ve played it before.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/70919/takenoko

Edited to add link to board game.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:09 pm are those Ian's dogs?
They were up in Manchester for NYE 2016 right? If so, probably. Although they could know multiple people with yellow labs :shrug:
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
ratlad
angel bean

onceinaugust wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:39 pm
ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:09 pm are those Ian's dogs?
They were up in Manchester for NYE 2016 right? If so, probably. Although they could know multiple people with yellow labs :shrug:
if they know multiple people with yellow labs, i envy them so hard. good chance both pics were taken at Ian's, i reckon.
malday
emo goose

lefthandedism wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:07 pm
ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm
biiig big big agree
me me big agree
also apparently when u search "clear umbrella" into google, a lot of wedding stuff comes up. but then again, clear umbrellas are just really cheap and easy to find.
i definitely do think something happened, like them talking about their future a lot there, but i just don't have any thoughts about proposal or marriage.
Well, they declared their desires to be together forever in February 2010, so "proposal" does seem the wrong vibe, I agree. It was probably more like what alittledizzy said: a commitment to concrete plans for the next several years that they were both excited about and looking forward to sharing together.
And Dan accidentally faved a tweet in Japanese about a wedding venue when they were there, to stir things up i'm sure, of course, yes.
sparkle
blobfish

THE MOTHER FUCKERS..

I LIVE IN FUCKING MANCHESTER.

I WAS IN TOWN TODAY BECAUSE I WENT HOME TO MY PARENTS TO SEE MY FRIEND (it went very well omg)

I KNOW WHERE THAT PHOTO WAS TAKEN FFS - LIKE THAT IS DEFINITELY IN PICCADILLY STATION, NEAR THE STAIRS FOR THE TRAMS.

FUCK. MY. LIFE.

:sadgarbage:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
ratlad
angel bean

malday wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 pm
lefthandedism wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:07 pm
ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm
biiig big big agree
me me big agree
also apparently when u search "clear umbrella" into google, a lot of wedding stuff comes up. but then again, clear umbrellas are just really cheap and easy to find.
i definitely do think something happened, like them talking about their future a lot there, but i just don't have any thoughts about proposal or marriage.
Well, they declared their desires to be together forever in February 2010, so "proposal" does seem the wrong vibe, I agree. It was probably more like what alittledizzy said: a commitment to concrete plans for the next several years that they were both excited about and looking forward to sharing together.
And Dan accidentally faved a tweet in Japanese about a wedding venue when they were there, to stir things up i'm sure, of course, yes.
he could be in a platonic marriage, lol me and my friend literally marry eachother all the time!!!!!!!!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

That photo is cute and board game night with dogs :thumb: I just finished the first area of guild wars 2 with my charr character, quite an accomplishment, but games night with dogs does kinda top that. Though my cat is very cute (came to stare at me for food twice).

Anyway. On Tatinof videos before the show, they did put up a general one about the kinds of interaction and how it would work with collecting challenges and crafts, and recording weird kid stories etc, and then had a few specific ones for a few US theatres (I’m not sure why, I don’t remember them having different information). I can’t remember anything else.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Hi there! This might be a weird question and I looked around and didn't find anything but I wanted to know if there's any topic/threads on discussing the boys zodiac signs?I recently got interested in it despite not knowing much about.
Thanks!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

LurkingTrash wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:01 am Hi there! This might be a weird question and I looked around and didn't find anything but I wanted to know if there's any topic/threads on discussing the boys zodiac signs?I recently got interested in it despite not knowing much about.
Thanks!
There doesn't seem to be a thread for that, though zodiac signs have been discussed occasionally in the main threads. You can see where by typing "zodiac" in the forum's search box.

You are of course welcome to make a thread on the topic!
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
hello9217
flower crown

LurkingTrash wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:01 am Hi there! This might be a weird question and I looked around and didn't find anything but I wanted to know if there's any topic/threads on discussing the boys zodiac signs?I recently got interested in it despite not knowing much about.
Thanks!
I don't think there are any but if your interested I can link you some stuff under the cut:
Someone Reading Dans Natal Chart: https://heterophobicdaniel.tumblr.com/p ... atal-chart
Someone Reading Phils Natal Chart:https://heterophobicdaniel.tumblr.com/p ... atal-chart
Someone Reading Dans Astrology Chart:
And Phils:
And Their Synastry Chart: (For some reason it's not letting me link this properly but just click it)
Last edited by lefthandedism on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
fancybum
senpai

There was an astrology thread, it’s just pretty old.
Thanks and have a great day! Oil me
blueskies
phillion/danosaur <//3

has anyone seen the twitter post about a girl threatening to kill herself and Phil when she meets dnp during ii? tons of people have already emailed the management, and i know that security definitely won't allow murder weapons in, but i still feel quite irrationally worried. i really hope nothing will happen to dnp when they're on tour.

were there any cases like this during tatinof?
parallel
phabergé

blueskies wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 am has anyone seen the twitter post about a girl threatening to kill herself and Phil when she meets dnp during ii? tons of people have already emailed the management, and i know that security definitely won't allow murder weapons in, but i still feel quite irrationally worried. i really hope nothing will happen to dnp when they're on tour.

were there any cases like this during tatinof?
I hear their management have already been contacted, but yikes. I'm sure it'll be handled by the time the event happens.
so_cheesy
butt chair

That woman looks like she seriously needs help. Her social media accounts are full of incoherent ramblings.
I won't link anything but you can find it very easily.
captainspacecoat
stress mushroom

so_cheesy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 am That woman looks like she seriously needs help. Her social media accounts are full of incoherent ramblings.
Yeah her tumblr is incredibly disturbing, and given her age I doubt it's a kid making things up for the drama. It's good that management have been notified, and I really hope she receives help because it's clear she's not very well and I worry for her safety just as much as anyone else's.
ijustwantdeath
squish

captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am
so_cheesy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:31 am That woman looks like she seriously needs help. Her social media accounts are full of incoherent ramblings.
Yeah her tumblr is incredibly disturbing, and given her age I doubt it's a kid making things up for the drama. It's good that management have been notified, and I really hope she receives help because it's clear she's not very well and I worry for her safety just as much as anyone else's.
she mentioned on Instagram that she'll sue dan and phil if they block her from attending the show. is that even possible? how do you think dan and phil will react to something like this? or will they just brush it under the rug and not really shine a light on it?

when i first came across it i thought it was just some kid doing it for attention but she's seems a bit too unstable for that to be true. quick question for people who've been in the fandom for a long time - has anything like this happened before?
fun fun fun
so_cheesy
butt chair

ijustwantdeath wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:49 am
captainspacecoat wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:38 am
she mentioned on Instagram that she'll sue dan and phil if they block her from attending the show. is that even possible? how do you think dan and phil will react to something like this? or will they just brush it under the rug and not really shine a light on it?

when i first came across it i thought it was just some kid doing it for attention but she's seems a bit too unstable for that to be true. quick question for people who've been in the fandom for a long time - has anything like this happened before?
Anyone can sue anyone for anything. It doesn't mean that it will be succesful.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

blueskies wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 am has anyone seen the twitter post about a girl threatening to kill herself and Phil when she meets dnp during ii? tons of people have already emailed the management, and i know that security definitely won't allow murder weapons in, but i still feel quite irrationally worried. i really hope nothing will happen to dnp when they're on tour.
From what I’ve read this morning, management/authorities have been contacted multiple times. The lady’s niece also put up some videos explaining the situation which UpdatedPhan linked to here:
I really don’t think people need to worry, from what the niece says there has been a massive misunderstanding.

Also (to everyone) please do not link directly to the woman in questions social media pages. A lot of attention has already been given to this and we don’t need to give it anymore. Thanks :)
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart: