Dan & Phil Part 69: our cherry blossom

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

sparkle wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:20 am Am I the only person who thinks popping an antihistamine for an allergic reaction is normal? :shrug: even when I went to the doctor about my skin I got told just to take antihistamines and was never offered an allergy test, I've had to work out triggers on my own.

I'm also sort of eye-rolling at how it feels like every time Dan breathes it gets backlash. Let the guy live.

I'm currently watching Dans liveshow. If that man designed shoes - fuck me... take my money.

(this post is sponsored by anxiety - I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen in five years in an hour and im so scared)

it's not recommended if it occurs with breathing difficulties, that's another level past just skin irritation and yes, is dangerous and shouldn't be self-treated. i'm not sure it's a critical backlash per se, and more genuine concern? i'd express the same thing to a friend who i wanted to stay safe.

yesss i would also buy dan shoes (probably). all-black or flower containing heels. or both!

you will be fine! they are probably feeling the same way as you. five years in the grand scheme of things is nothing, and it's lovely that you're reconnecting.
<3
art in avatar by lily
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

sparkle wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:20 am Am I the only person who thinks popping an antihistamine for an allergic reaction is normal? :shrug: even when I went to the doctor about my skin I got told just to take antihistamines and was never offered an allergy test, I've had to work out triggers on my own.

I'm also sort of eye-rolling at how it feels like every time Dan breathes it gets backlash. Let the guy live.

I'm currently watching Dans liveshow. If that man designed shoes - fuck me... take my money.

(this post is sponsored by anxiety - I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen in five years in an hour and im so scared)
Good luck with your friend meeting!

I also think Dan just taking a bendryl is normal. I react to everything (body current favorite thing to hate is soap/shampoo and makeup) and I can get rashy like that. That’s why we have the medicine over the counter. Yeah he should figure out the trigger (probably laundry soup or just an unwashed shift) but.... it’s a big deal, but also not a big deal. It can be easy to figure out when it’s not often.
autumnhearth
senpai

Oi I had a pretty horrible dream about Interactive Introverts last night. Well it didn’t start off as II, more of an onstage Q&A like at a convention, and I wasn’t there with my kid, but it was at the same location and by the end it was clear that’s what it was and what I had paid for. There was no elaborate set, just two of those yellow question mark blocks spaced about two long boy leg lengths away from each other. Dan sat on one with his legs stretched forward, but Phil had a hard time sitting on his so Dan helped him then just sat on the floor at Phil’s feet.

I forget exactly what the first two questions were. They were coming directly from the audience who had microphones. The third though was from a young woman asking Phil for advice about film school, but before she let him answer she added on another question about phan... it was pretty waffley, something about the BONCAS, but everyone knew where it was going and instead of the audience getting screamy and excited they started doing a rhythmic clap to drown her out, followed by a hum, as if to protect deppy from hearing the rest of the question. I didn’t join in, but my dream friend did. Then her friends started to drag her out, then other people were carrying out their upset friends. I was so bewildered by all of this. Then Dan and Phil just left the stage and it was clear they weren’t coming back. After just three questions. So everyone just got up and left the theater.

I was shocked and upset and called my husband to say I was on my way home. He asked why and I explained and he asked if we would be getting a refund and I said I didn’t think so. Getting in the car I suggested to my friend, turned sister, that we go to a hotel bar where I thought they might be staying. She gave me a look, then I said nevermind sorry, that’s totally inappropriate. I planned on coming on here and warning everyone not to do anything like that at their shows and then I woke up.

Now obviously none of this would ever happen. The show wouldn’t be structured to allow for it, the audience wouldn’t react in that way (I think this might have been inspired by recent scrolling back too far on someone’s Tumblr and seeing evidence of how the phandom was self policing back in 2012, combined with the clip of that girl being booed at a Supernatural panel) and I don’t think deppy would be that unprofessional. But in the dream I really didn’t blame them for it.

I didn’t think I was having any pre-tour anxiety, but thanks subconscious. It was probably also a late reaction to all the guilt in the phandom in the last few months, a ‘look what we did, we made them so uncomfortable’ type of thing. Which, just ugh. Anywhoo...
blackdenim
procrastinator

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:41 am I didn’t think I was having any pre-tour anxiety, but thanks subconscious. It was probably also a late reaction to all the guilt in the phandom in the last few months, a ‘look what we did, we made them so uncomfortable’ type of thing. Which, just ugh. Anywhoo...
I haven't been having any dreams but I am definitely having CONSCIOUS pre-tour anxiety. I kind of wish I wasn't going! I definitely wish I had roped a friend into coming with me and that I hadn't bought a M&G package (I know that's a very spoilt thing for me to say and others would love to have my ticket). I don't know why I feel so uncomfortable about the whole thing! But I think that's why I've not been on the forum very much this year so far :|
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:32 am

Good luck with your friend meeting!

I also think Dan just taking a bendryl is normal. I react to everything (body current favorite thing to hate is soap/shampoo and makeup) and I can get rashy like that. That’s why we have the medicine over the counter. Yeah he should figure out the trigger (probably laundry soup or just an unwashed shift) but.... it’s a big deal, but also not a big deal. It can be easy to figure out when it’s not often.
Like @mermaid blood said, I don't think people are expressing concern over Dan not going to the doctor for the rash - it's that he said he was wheezing. Dan's someone who is about to be traveling internationally for an extended period of time, he's not really got time to just process of elimination it if he doesn't know what it was. if I were him I'd maybe just want to have a quick doctor trip to at least get an epi pen if not figure out the allergy itself. It's not criticism at all - it's concern.
susan2
rainbow nerd

Speaking of Interactive Introverts - "it's gonna be lit"
[6:52] 13 November 2017
[18:49] 4 April 2018

^ just a random thing I noticed - out of the very sparse details shared about the tour, Dan's said this same phrase twice - 5 months apart. So I'm guessing it's more than a turn of phrase and the neon lighting / things lighting up is gonna play a big part in things. I'm still envisaging a game show vibe of sorts (Phil's already made all his real-life-friends play his games so he's turning it on the audience...first Truth Bombs...now this :lol:). Hopefully they start sharing some actual details this week, it's getting super close.

I've been wondering what the chances might be of Dan doing a piano (/keyboard) solo during the show. We know Dan likes a musical number, and they've said there's not going to be a 'song'. I guess getting approval for the music would be a factor...unless...I mean for some reason I've been envisaging them opening with a nostalgic piano-only rendition of The Internet is Here - to set the scene and transition them artistically from TATINOF to the new show. He never did mention those piano lessons again. Maybe just wishful thinking, but it'd certainly be crowd pleasing.

Also...how long had Phil really been thinking about streams along the lines of Pigeon Fest 2018? :hmmm: https://youtu.be/nm3SX4KAvG0?t=40m47s
hello9217
flower crown

I'm hoping that we will start hearing stuff soon about tour. Dan said that they would "start uploading some stuff after we release a video" in his last liveshow. I have a question for people that were here during last tour; was the only trailer they released for tatinof the one that went with the book announcement? Like did they ever release an unlisted video that told more about the show and just tweet the link or something? I'm just curious on if they will make another trailer actually telling us what's going on in the show. I'm not buying tickets yet until I hear some kind of feedback or find out what the show actually is so I'm just curious.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

hello9217 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 pm I'm hoping that we will start hearing stuff soon about tour. Dan said that they would "start uploading some stuff after we release a video" in his last liveshow. I have a question for people that were here during last tour; was the only trailer they released for tatinof the one that went with the book announcement? Like did they ever release an unlisted video that told more about the show and just tweet the link or something? I'm just curious on if they will make another trailer actually telling us what's going on in the show. I'm not buying tickets yet until I hear some kind of feedback or find out what the show actually is so I'm just curious.
From what I can remember (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), they really wanted it to be a surprise for everyone, so they kept everything pretty vague on their end (though in reality it was super easy to know exactly what the show was before they released the films with youtube red). I think they feel the same about this one, but in a different sense because the show will be unique at every venue. Going off of how they were with the last show, it's actually been surprising to see how much they're (eventually) willing to share.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Sighting in the wild:
hello9217
flower crown

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:34 pm Sighting in the wild:
Looks like they are in Manchester apparently.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

idk if this was talked about, since it's kinda old ish, but
i just realized something really cute!
DnP went to Japan in April 2015 right? which birthed that beautiful umbrella picture in front of the studio Ghibli statue (sharing an umbrella in Japan is a widely known sign of romance)
AND in the dan and phil and dogs calendar, they did a shibe pic with cherry blossoms and sharing an umbrella in the month of April!!!!!
i know there's a theory that one of them proposed in Japan, which I don't have an opinion on really cause there's really no evidence to back it up, but i find this adorable and interesting. I'm not saying it means anything, but i think it was intended.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
ratlad
angel bean

hello9217 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:34 pm Sighting in the wild:
Looks like they are in Manchester apparently.
aww cuties, where did you see that they were in Manchester? (not sayin ur wrong, it's probably easy to figure that out)
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m not familiar with the shirt Phil is wearing but from the vantage point of the camera it coordinates really nicely with Dan’s jumper and that makes me stupidly happy. I love monochromatic matching boyfriends. Glad to see both Phil’s forehead and glasses and Dan just has such a cute face? Also the shared traveling backpack. Sorry for staring all the obvious things. They just look nice. :blackheart:

I think it was talked about, I mean, April is peak cherry blossom season in Japan, but the umbrella is a lovely touch. :japhan:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm idk if this was talked about, since it's kinda old ish, but
DnP went to Japan in April 2015 right? which birthed that beautiful umbrella picture in front of the studio Ghibli statue (sharing an umbrella in Japan is a widely known sign of romance)
AND in the dan and phil and dogs calendar, they did a shibe pic with cherry blossoms and sharing an umbrella in the month of April!!!!!
i know there's a theory that one of them proposed in Japan, which I don't have an opinion on really cause there's really no evidence to back it up, but i find this adorable and interesting. I'm not saying it means anything, but i think it was intended.
I'm gonna do the thing I hate doing and go ahead and disclaim that I know people who don't think Dan and Phil are together find this kind of discussion absolutely silly and I don't caaaaaaaaaaare I'm gonna indulge my inner fluff monster anyway.

I think it's not that unlikely that a proposal happened. Or if not a proposal in the grand dramatic sense of down-on-one-knee-with-a-ring then I think it's likely that pre-tour period was good timing for them to have a serious talk about their relationship and their life plans in/around/after the period of big upheaval that was book/tour. And if so then I think it could definitely explain a lot of their sentimental attachment to cherry blossoms and the idea of going back to Japan.

I'm still amazed at how little of their trip we actually know about. We got the barest of highlights and one really cute DITL but they were there for a couple of weeks, right? (That "Well done, Phil" instagram video from their dinner out still makes me feel things in a deep way. Dan's voice was so soft and fond.)
autumnhearth
senpai

@ratlad The girl who posted the pic replied it was at Manchester Piccadilly Station. What a great place to get a deppy pic.
hello9217
flower crown

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:45 pm
aww cuties, where did you see that they were in Manchester? (not sayin ur wrong, it's probably easy to figure that out)
The person in the photo replied to someone saying it was taken in Manchester Piccadilly Station
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:52 pm
ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm idk if this was talked about, since it's kinda old ish, but
I'm gonna do the thing I hate doing and go ahead and disclaim that I know people who don't think Dan and Phil are together find this kind of discussion absolutely silly and I don't caaaaaaaaaaare I'm gonna indulge my inner fluff monster anyway.

I think it's not that unlikely that either a proposal happened. Or if not a proposal in the grand dramatic sense of down-on-one-knee-with-a-ring then I think it's likely that pre-tour period was good timing for them to have a serious talk about their relationship and their life plans in/around/after the period of big upheaval that was book/tour. And if so then I think it could definitely explain a lot of their sentimental attachment to cherry blossoms and the idea of going back to Japan.

I'm still amazed at how little of their trip we actually know about. We got the barest of highlights and one really cute DITL but they were there for a couple of weeks, right? (That "Well done, Phil" instagram video from their dinner out still makes me feel things in a deep way. Dan's voice was so soft and fond.)
biiig big big agree
me me big agree
also apparently when u search "clear umbrella" into google, a lot of wedding stuff comes up. but then again, clear umbrellas are just really cheap and easy to find.
i definitely do think something happened, like them talking about their future a lot there, but i just don't have any thoughts about proposal or marriage.
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual

ratlad wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:59 pm
biiig big big agree
me me big agree
also apparently when u search "clear umbrella" into google, a lot of wedding stuff comes up. but then again, clear umbrellas are just really cheap and easy to find.
i definitely do think something happened, like them talking about their future a lot there, but i just don't have any thoughts about proposal or marriage.
Well, they declared their desires to be together forever in February 2010, so "proposal" does seem the wrong vibe, I agree. It was probably more like what alittledizzy said: a commitment to concrete plans for the next several years that they were both excited about and looking forward to sharing together.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
autumnhearth
senpai

I’ll just be over here reading about ai-ai gasa and Japanese umbrella culture (they have umbrella “condom” err sheathing machines and paid locking stands).
dancy
procrastinator

Aw, back at the place they first met :love2: I wonder what they're doing there, meeting up with friends perhaps? Dan looks like usual again, so I think the antihistamine worked just fine.
hello9217 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:25 pm I'm hoping that we will start hearing stuff soon about tour. Dan said that they would "start uploading some stuff after we release a video" in his last liveshow. I have a question for people that were here during last tour; was the only trailer they released for tatinof the one that went with the book announcement? Like did they ever release an unlisted video that told more about the show and just tweet the link or something? I'm just curious on if they will make another trailer actually telling us what's going on in the show. I'm not buying tickets yet until I hear some kind of feedback or find out what the show actually is so I'm just curious.
I'm pretty sure Dan mentioned they'll probably release another trailer of some kind during the live show before that. Obviously they won't be able to show any actual parts of the show, since the tour hasn't started yet but I do think we'll at least get a look at the set and some of the segments of the show. No idea when they plan on uploading it but since the tour is starting in three weeks, I'm sure it's sometime soon (I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting a bit impatient for tour details).
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I can't believe tour is only 3 weeks away. I'm a bit anxious tbh, because we have no idea what to expect from both the actual show and uploading frequency.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:32 pm I’ll just be over here reading about ai-ai gasa and Japanese umbrella culture (they have umbrella “condom” err sheathing machines and paid locking stands).
Just logged in after a week to tell you how much "umbrella condom machines" made me laugh.
What actually is an umbrella sheathing machine? I'm imagining something along the lines of that umbrella cover I had which was a fucking NIGHTMARE to put on and was waaay too small. I think I dropped it in my school corridor once and I never saw it again. It was a bit sad tbh, I felt like I never really appreciated it until it was gone...
:cry: :lol:
starwatersong
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:52 pm I'm still amazed at how little of their trip we actually know about. We got the barest of highlights and one really cute DITL but they were there for a couple of weeks, right? (That "Well done, Phil" instagram video from their dinner out still makes me feel things in a deep way. Dan's voice was so soft and fond.)
For those who haven't seen it, I'm going to add Mimei's video from Mount Fuji (still part of Day in the Life, though). Featuring Mimei, Dan, Phil, and Duncan.
Last edited by alittledizzy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed youtube embed
onomatopoeia
squish

TheHomosexualAgenda wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:13 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:32 pm I’ll just be over here reading about ai-ai gasa and Japanese umbrella culture (they have umbrella “condom” err sheathing machines and paid locking stands).
Just logged in after a week to tell you how much "umbrella condom machines" made me laugh.
What actually is an umbrella sheathing machine? I'm imagining something along the lines of that umbrella cover I had which was a fucking NIGHTMARE to put on and was waaay too small. I think I dropped it in my school corridor once and I never saw it again. It was a bit sad tbh, I felt like I never really appreciated it until it was gone...
:cry: :lol:
hi! so i'm from eastern asia and it rains a fuck ton here. when we go in a store or a mall, there will usually be an ~umbrella condom machine~ at the entrance, and you basically just insert your umbrella in the plastic bag and pull it out so the water won't drip everywhere! picture under the cut
ratlad
angel bean

everyone on tumblr is talking about the month of April now, good to know I'm not alone in these thoughts!!! I didn't even read or see anything related to April before i came on here about the Japan thing, I didn't even know they were in Manchester. that's wweeeiirdd.. does the phandom have some sort of psychic communication? I'm convinced Phil lester shared his powers with us tbh.