Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

psa: if you use google chrome, install the "chrome ig story" extension. absolute lifesaver, i don't have to go my phone to view a story and can quickly save the whole thing to my laptop.

i love how dan teased phil for bringing his pillow around on tatinof and has now since changed his tune.

AND THEY'RE OFF! :cheer: even though tour doesn't start until saturday and they're just heading off for rehearsals with the set, i'm considering this tour starting in my mind.
Image Image
drearyquery
drama llama

As for the new types of live shows I think Instagram is definitely plausible. For those wondering about joint there is a feature where you can stream with a friend who’s on another account/device. I’m not sure exactly how it works but I think it’s some split screen kind of thing. I have a hard time imagining deppy doing that or being able to fit into one phone screen so idk
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

The only thing that makes me question instagram stories, is Dan himself mentioned in his last solo liveshow that he isn't a fan as it's just 'a wall of hearts'. If wifi is an issue (and they've said they've made that a priority), I'd expect them to use YT streaming like Dan did last year over IG.

Saying that, I can't see how else it might change, other than being shorter streams than usual.
Pamivia
tol bean
Pronouns: she, her

My heart melted because of their instastories <3 Makes me laugh/wonder if they talked about taking turns to post things: first Dan introduces what's going to happen, Phil gives us some domestic cute shit, Dan then shows us packing his stuff and then Phil posts an on-the-road selfie, they compliment each other lol
Wouldn't be surprised if those nerds planned everything from tour to who posts each story :ribena:
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

re: liveshows, what if the change they mentioned is that they just end up doing joint liveshows forever™ ? just a hunch but it could be plausible. it makes sense when you think about it since theyve already mentioned how they wont stick to a rigid schedule anymore. they could just do a ls together whenever they have free time. people are happier to see them tgt anyways, also they can filter each other on the spot cough dan rambling/backtracking/etc cough like how they had a mini discussion whether to tell us about the pop-up shop or not in the last ls.
Last edited by lesterchuu on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"you are next to me in my life"
sparkle
blobfish

dancy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:45 pm
It says on the website that all electronic devices need to be turned off, so I don't think they will use an app/website. I hope they won't do screaming either because my poor ears won't be able to handle that. I've seen people here suggesting they might use paddles?
They could do what my Psychology A-Level teacher did and have an electronic voting system with remotes that get results in real time? We used that in class for pop quizzes and its anonymous, but produces graphs. (At least I think it did, this was in 2011/2012 so a while ago)My thoughts were towards an app that essentially does the above but without the risk of people having light fingers. I understand though why they dont allow phones, theres nothing more annoying than being sat behind some twat who wants to watch everything through their phone rather than enjoying what they paid for (Except maybe how I, at 5'4 seem to get stood behind someone who is at least 6'5 at every gig I go to unless I get barrier, and then I end up stood next to someone with long hair who doesn't want to tie it up)

I'm basically imagining this tour to be a futuristic game show and it won't be until Saturday that i'm willing to be proved wrong. I'm also hoping the people with VIP in Brighton deliver about what is in those bags because I wants to know. I also have had a look at what they're taking for submissions on their website. Oh dear god the demon in me was not ready for this.
the bit where it's like 'what would make them confess everything' i'm trying to resit putting 'the threat of demonetisation' for Phil
Finally, I have reached a new level of domestic. I need Dan to link to whatever the fuck his suitcase is because I could do with a new one, mine has like 0 organisation which is frustrating because it means I can never find anything quickly when I arrive somewhere without having to empty the entire thing.
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ame wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm re: liveshows, what if the change they mentioned is that they just end up doing joint liveshows forever™ ? just a hunch but it could be plausible. it makes sense when you think about it since theyve already mentioned how they wont stick to a rigid schedule anymore. they could just do a ls together whenever they have free time. people are happier to see them tgt anyways, also they can filter each other on the spot cough dan rambling/backtracking/etc cough like how they had a mini discussion whether to tell us about the pop-up shop or not in the last ls.
I think joint liveshows on instagram sound super plausible, even if it's just them going live for ten or fifteen minutes at a time. That actually sounds more exciting to me than a sit down once-every-three-months hotel liveshow.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

ame wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:32 pm re: liveshows, what if the change they mentioned is that they just end up doing joint liveshows forever™ ? just a hunch but it could be plausible. it makes sense when you think about it since theyve already mentioned how they wont stick to a rigid schedule anymore. they could just do a ls together whenever they have free time. people are happier to see them tgt anyways, also they can filter each other on the spot cough dan rambling/backtracking/etc cough like how they had a mini discussion whether to tell us about the pop-up shop or not in the last ls.
That sounds totally plausible for the tour at the very least (I'm not placing bets on anything after that yet). Having liveshows together would give us our fill of DnP, while taking less time collectively out of their busy schedules/probably much needed free time.

Plus I'd love to hear them talking about things they experienced on tour together, rather than separately since that's bound to lead to the bants.
alien
procrastinator

Tour starting is exciting and I'm loving the insta stories so far. Their ls yesterday was so much fun I think I smiled the entire time and I remember walking away from it wondering how two people from the internet can make me feel so giddy and happy like they do. I never feel quite like that with any other content creator I'm a fan of. I can't wait to meet them! But the show I'm going to is still over 100 days away :(
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

wait i have a question: why did dan bring his pillow? isn't that phil's thing?
oh god, he's re branding into phil and literally becoming him. it started out as a joke but i'm afraid it's actually a reality.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

autumnhearth wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm For a second there I thought Dan was going to say, “why don’t I show you around?” lol. I have no idea how to view stories in my browser, but in the app if I just click on Dan’s bubble his story starts playing, with a picture of his suitcase following the vid, Phil’s robot spider and the a pic of Phil in a car with a horrible edit over his mouth and a caption about the driver talking about football. And I’m just really chuffed that their stories just flow together. The one thing the app is actually good at, because the photo quality on it is actually shit compared to the web version. Oh yay someone added the pics, cheers! Good to know he stands behind that cringe tween backpack. Any idea what that bit of copper might be in his suitcase? Expensive skin care product? Scented candle? Exotic lube? And what pillow will Phil be bringing? Will it have the AP bedding case on it? Or will it be a complimenting light grey to Dan’s charcoal one? Sorry apparently I’m a demon this morning.
On browser for me, if I go to my Instagram home page , it shows pictures recently uploaded by people I follow, and then to the left there are a bunch of bubbles under the heading "stories". It might just be like that for me though?
greenergrass
stress mushroom

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:03 pm I think joint liveshows on instagram sound super plausible, even if it's just them going live for ten or fifteen minutes at a time. That actually sounds more exciting to me than a sit down once-every-three-months hotel liveshow.
I suggested something like this on the last thread (mostly because I couldn't figure out what else would make the liveshows so different), and I'd definitely be down for that. I'm not too picky about content overall - I just like getting pretty much anything - so I would be happy with this scenario. Though, the ideal thing for me would be if they could do these shorter ones more frequently, and then still try to make time for longer liveshows every weeks or so. I like to hear them waffle on about stuff, which you wouldn't get in short liveshows (but then again, they'll be doing that sort of them every night on stage, so as long as people are recording audio, I'll be happy)
dancy
procrastinator

sparkle wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm
dancy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:45 pm It says on the website that all electronic devices need to be turned off, so I don't think they will use an app/website. I hope they won't do screaming either because my poor ears won't be able to handle that. I've seen people here suggesting they might use paddles?
They could do what my Psychology A-Level teacher did and have an electronic voting system with remotes that get results in real time? We used that in class for pop quizzes and its anonymous, but produces graphs. (At least I think it did, this was in 2011/2012 so a while ago)My thoughts were towards an app that essentially does the above but without the risk of people having light fingers. I understand though why they dont allow phones, theres nothing more annoying than being sat behind some twat who wants to watch everything through their phone rather than enjoying what they paid for (Except maybe how I, at 5'4 seem to get stood behind someone who is at least 6'5 at every gig I go to unless I get barrier, and then I end up stood next to someone with long hair who doesn't want to tie it up)
Yes, I was thinking about that as well because my university uses an audience response system too but I think it'd get rather expensive if they would need to buy/rent thousands of those keypads and they're also easy to misplace.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to more IG stories and I wonder which games they're gonna do series of on the gaming channel as I didn't really get the impression they've prerecorded much yet. It also doesn't seem like they're gonna release the trailer before the tour, seeing as they're planning to use footage from the first few shows in it, Glasgow for example (the venue website says "Please note that this event will be recorded. This will include shots of the audience which will be used for future promotion of the tour").
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

Dates and places for the pop-up shops!
allsaintshowell

i'll be in brighton on friday (and sat for the show) so yay! also yay to the london pop-up occurring during my birthday weekend (and just up the road from me)! there's a competition you can win by going to the pop-up: a special video message from deppy.
Image Image
lurker
janice from the shop
Pronouns: they/them

i had a dream last night where dan and phil where announced to appear as guests in a political satire show that's relatively well-known in my country. they were supposed to do a skit on unemployment benefits. i can't begin to describe how much second hand anxiety that gave me. i woke up fully stressed.

now that i'm already here and talking about stuff that's not exactly topical i also feel the need to express that phil's comment in the last gaming channel video still cracks me up.

phil: i'd buy apple
me: (physical embodiment of an eye emoji)
phil: not to get too political
me: (physical embodiment of 32 eye emojis)
phil: but i hate having to use dongles on the new mac!!!!
me: i honestly don't know what i expected

maybe there's some deep commentary about the essence of his character hidden in there. maybe someone extracted it already and i didn't see it skimming through the thread in which case i'm sorry. carry on!
thank's you were great
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

I'm going to go check out the London one early on. Depending on what the special things are I might pick some up and use them as a give away for PhandomGives. Probably the smaller things though as I am not made of money and I'm sure the t-shirts will be expensive.

Does anyone have ideas for what questions to ask them to go deep on?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
hello9217
flower crown

Pretty cute
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

I really like the subtle turn of the merch. I'll be really happy of the D&P is their new thing they slap on everything, especially done like the embroidered hoodies.
susan2
rainbow nerd

dancy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:33 pm It also doesn't seem like they're gonna release the trailer before the tour, seeing as they're planning to use footage from the first few shows in it, Glasgow for example (the venue website says "Please note that this event will be recorded. This will include shots of the audience which will be used for future promotion of the tour").
Damn. Guess I'm selling my Glasgow ticket then :(
I don't consent to being filmed in that way. I really wish it'd said that on the website before buying a ticket.
iero
phabergé

i really love those hoodies, especially the pink one. i wish i could go but i'm up north and i'm not travelling down south lol. i hope they make more subtle merch like this in the future
autumnhearth
senpai

I love D&P for a subtle logo (I’m a sucker for an ampersand). I like the hoodie colors objectively, they just aren’t my colors, so I’m not upset about them being limited to the pop ups. There’s a new Insta story from Dan. I’m going to have to learn how to link/embed those at some point (but the website isn’t even working for me right now so whatever). I said yay to the jacket, but I’m not so sure now.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

d&p.... gasp! they know!
i would like the purple to be more pastel though, it reminds me of a purple jellybean and those are gross.
i'm diggin the pink one, i hope dan wears it and phil wears the purple. (those colours look wonderful on them)
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

kindofatrashcan
Pronouns: She/Her

This might be controversial but i really REALLY love that jacket.

I actually love dan's style.

Edit to say 'oh! I'm a buttchair'