Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
blackdenim
procrastinator

allsaintshowell wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am the brighton venue updated the show page with times!
Does anyone who went VIP last time know if it's completely necessary to arrive as early as 4pm? I don't want to be queing for hours, to be honest!
simmehchan
butt chair
Pronouns: she/her

Ugh, not really a fan of the merch - to be honest I find the whole introvert branding really cringey but it's just personal opinion really. Guess I'm just buying the plushies. :D

"I think stalking someone to become their friend is rather weird" - Phil Lester, 2006
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

blackdenim wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:51 am
allsaintshowell wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:57 am the brighton venue updated the show page with times!
Does anyone who went VIP last time know if it's completely necessary to arrive as early as 4pm? I don't want to be queing for hours, to be honest!
i wasn’t around for tatinof but i just had m&g for niall horan and all vip experiences are similar, so i’m guessing 4pm is when vip check-in starts and they’ll probably stop checking in people around when vip begins at 4:45pm. with niall, check-in began at 3pm and ended at 3:45pm, no excuses. it’ll probably be the same so i do think you’ll need to get there around 4pm.
Image Image
blackdenim
procrastinator

allsaintshowell wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:27 am
blackdenim wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:51 am
i wasn’t around for tatinof but i just had m&g for niall horan and all vip experiences are similar, so i’m guessing 4pm is when vip check-in starts and they’ll probably stop checking in people around when vip begins at 4:45pm. with niall, check-in began at 3pm and ended at 3:45pm, no excuses. it’ll probably be the same so i do think you’ll need to get there around 4pm.
Thanks! WIll aim for 4.30 in that case. I don't really mind being at the back of the queue!
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Oh, that dog filter makes them look so fricking cute. And Dan said "ass" on Phil's insta, well done, cheeky boy. I totally missed that one last night, saw people tweeting with the hashtag and it was so late, I didn't think more of it. I don't know many current songs, just love All Star enough that their teasing with it amuses me. Starts tomorrow! :woohoo:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
dancy
procrastinator

Hm, reminds me of my dad who also always has three different drinks along with his huge breakfast at hotels :roll:
nla wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:50 pm Bitter rant about the TBC dates under the cut :sideeye:
Would it kill them to give us any news about the TBC dates? Like, are they still on? Are they cancelled? I mean, they never mention them anymore and didn't put them on the tour t-shirt, so :shrug:

If the TBC dates end up happening are they going to make new t-shirts or are they going to try and get us to buy t-shirts that don't even have our tour dates on them?

I guess I'm salty because I saved up the money to buy tickets on Christmas/ New Years (when they said they would go on sale), but it's April now and I spent part of that money so now I don't even now if I'll be able to afford it even if they do come.
Ah yes, I saw some people talking about the TBC dates on Twitter earlier and I understand your frustration, even though I don't live in the remaining TBC areas. I'm still a bit annoyed about the fact that they first said they'd go on sale around Christmas, then late January, then mid-February and now we're already at the end of April, the tour is starting tomorrow and we're still none the wiser about Montreal, Brazil and Mexico. I also don't appreciate the fact that they ignored every messages regarding this issue during their last live show and are keeping people waiting for confirmation like this. I know they're trying their best and they seem to be having trouble but I wish they hadn't promised them so soon and hadn't sounded so sure of themselves when talking about going to these places (especially Dan). Anyway, I really hope they'll be able to go and announce the dates soon!
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

as a resident of A Far Flung Place i have empathy for the TBC date sufferers. i understand their hands may be tied, and they also don't want to disappoint people unnecessarily if things change, but even a little transparency acknowledging a situation goes a long way in performer/audience relationships.

i don't remember who said it now, i'm sorry, but i'm enjoying knowing what they're doing day-to-day immensely. they're pretty low social media users compared to other creator types usually. recording their reaction to the stage set has been my fav so far, no hint of playing it cool or irony just genuine excitement. i want some dapgo, 7 sec challenge touch the wall style sitting-around-backstage-being-bored content when they get onto the road and into the groove.

Remember you can watch them back here compiled day-by-day by our very own @catallena, if you don't wanna rifle through them individually online! they have their own forum thread, and are going up on the IDB Youtube. (subscribe! cough...)

Dan & Phil > Compilations and Reference > Dan and Phil Instagram Stories

Catallena wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:11 am April 26th 2018
autumnhearth wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:46 pm Any idea what that bit of copper might be in his suitcase? Expensive skin care product? Scented candle? Exotic lube?
glad i'm not the only one who had lubegate flashbacks this week *rocks back and forth*
question 1: has anyone analysed whether the tour shirt they went with for dan is different to the Hello Nips one? it looks to be, but i can't quite tell. i wanted nips :cry:
question 2: where is this set up in? a dungeon? do these girls have their hands down their pants? are they emulating their employer?
art in avatar by lily
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

mermaid blood wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:21 pmquestion 1: has anyone analysed whether the tour shirt they went with for dan is different to the Hello Nips one? it looks to be, but i can't quite tell. i wanted nips :cry:
question 2: where is this set up in? a dungeon? do these girls have their hands down their pants? are they emulating their employer?
for question 1: the shirt is definitely different, it's got a different neckline.

for question 2: Dungeon guess isn't far off. It's a nightclub at night, according to this question on their website:
Are dogs allowed?
Sure! We love dogs. Camden Market is busy, but dog-friendly. Hideout is a nightclub in the evenings, so best not to bring your dogs inside at the Brighton venue! There is space out front to rest and play by the sea.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

kalli wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 am Bad Boy - Red Velvet
Red Velvet on the playlist just like during TATINOF? Dan and Phil coming through for girl group stans yet again! :love2:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
relatablemood

Sorry to be a bother but do non-VIP people arrive at 1pm for the 2pm show? Or do they need to be early too?
i want dan's hair and phil's hips
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Ooh, looks very funky in a vaguely-hardcore kind of way. The marbly tshirt looks darker, can't really tell for sure how much the lighting it affecting it, though. I'll probably take a trip once it's in London, from the dates not overlapping, I'm guessing it'll be the same staff and everything.

Non-VIP people don't need to be so early, 1pm would be fine.

Also, has Phil got tea and apple juice there along with his coffee? I'm guessing this was this morning? The third drink reminds me of whisky otherwise.
allsaintshowell

relatablemood wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm Sorry to be a bother but do non-VIP people arrive at 1pm for the 2pm show? Or do they need to be early too?
doors at 1pm means that doors open at 1pm aka you can start entering the venue at 1pm. you don’t have to get there at doors as long as you’re there before the show starts at 2pm.
Image Image
lilabet
philussy

flarequake wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:23 pm Ooh, looks very funky in a vaguely-hardcore kind of way. The marbly tshirt looks darker, can't really tell for sure how much the lighting it affecting it, though. I'll probably take a trip once it's in London, from the dates not overlapping, I'm guessing it'll be the same staff and everything.

Non-VIP people don't need to be so early, 1pm would be fine.

Also, has Phil got tea and apple juice there along with his coffee? I'm guessing this was this morning? The third drink reminds me of whisky otherwise.
See I didn't think that was tea as it's in a glass but what else would it be?
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
autumnhearth
senpai

I assumed the third was apple juice, it’s the middle that is tripping me up. It looks a bit like eggnog, but I’m guessing either a nice rich milk like Guernsey or a banana smoothie.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I agree it’s more likely some milk heavy product - it’s way to white to be normal tea.

Also Dan just posted a new insta story about Phil being a mucky pup and getting something on his shirt.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:58 pm
L.. Let's just say milk wasn't the first thing that came to my mind. :shock:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

obvsly wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:12 pm
I just keep watching it wondering if I'm totally misunderstanding that they're both acknowledging what that totally looks like?? Or am I projecting a dirty mind onto them... lmao
obvsly
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 pm
I just keep watching it wondering if I'm totally misunderstanding that they're both acknowledging what that totally looks like?? Or am I projecting a dirty mind onto them... lmao
I mean, Dan did comment, "Isn't that convenient?" It's at least heavily implied, isn't it? :lol:
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

Yeah that looks... like something. And they know it :lol:
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
lilabet
philussy

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:51 pm I agree it’s more likely some milk heavy product - it’s way to white to be normal tea.

Also Dan just posted a new insta story about Phil being a mucky pup and getting something on his shirt.
I thought his drink was milk but he's lactose intolerant. Maybe it's soya milk (or another alternative) for his cereal and it was put in the cup for room service but they have no room service?

Re shirt: You all have dirty minds I didn't even go there :lol:
Phandom Gives
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

How many people here are going to a Brighton show?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 pm
"It looks worse than it is..." 100% acknowledging it. I'm cackling. :rofl:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

lilabet wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:30 pm I thought his drink was milk but he's lactose intolerant. Maybe it's soya milk (or another alternative) for his cereal and it was put in the cup for room service but they have no room service?
That’s the only thing that made me pause too. It could be soya or almond milk or similar but I can’t think what else it it would be looking like that if not milk of some kind. Maybe that’ll be the mystery for tumblr tonight. ;)

Also yes, my mind when too certain place like everyone else after seeing his shirt.