Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides
Pronouns: she/her

@blackdenim you could offer the VIP stuff you don’t want to @lilabet for the Dan birthday phandom gives, she could raffle it off then :)

Ps. It was lovely to meet you! See you in London x

Also, playlist spoiler
kalli wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:36 am I'm thinking the playlist will be something like this:
No Tears Left To Cry - Ariana Grande
Dreamer - Charli XCX (feat. Starrah and RAYE)
Chanel - Frank Ocean
See You Again - Tyler, The Creator (ft. Kali Uchis)
HOTTIE - BROCKHAMPTON ✔️
Icon - Jaden Smith
Thought Contagion - Muse
Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance ✔️
The Last Of The Real Ones - Fall Out Boy
Say Amen (Saturday Night) - Panic! At The Disco ✔️
MIC Drop [Steve Aoki Remix] - BTS (feat. Desiigner) ✔️
All The Stars - Kendrick Lamar (w/ SZA)
Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer
In The Middle - dodie
Sweet Creature - Harry Styles
Do I Wanna Know? - Arctic Monkeys
Hard Times - Paramore
UGH! - The 1975
Bad Boy - Red Velvet
Toxic - Britney Spears
Galway Girl - Ed Sheeran
On The Loose - Niall Horan
Lost In Japan - Shawn Mendes
Sanctify - Years & Years
This is a good list, I ticked the ones that we heard in Brighton, there was one other song but I have no idea what it is so could well have also been on the list (it was a rap song). Brighton was so slow letting people in that there could have well been more of this list played.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
human
dan hand trash

I want to shout out Dan for putting Mic drop on the playlist, it was great to see those of us who appreciate BTS having a boogie before the show lol.

Lovely to meet some folk from here yesterday!
blackdenim
procrastinator

missemma wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:14 am @blackdenim you could offer the VIP stuff you don’t want to @lilabet for the Dan birthday phandom gives, she could raffle it off then :)

Ps. It was lovely to meet you! See you in London x
Ooh that's a much better idea I'll do that thank you! And yes, really looking forward to London :) x
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Honestly, seeing an entire theatre full of kids bopping and waving their arms to Black Parade was so lovely.
malday
emo goose

missemma wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:53 pm You can thank me later 😎
i got a pretty clear recording of phils diss track and the piano song

loved this bit but where were their singing lessons this time round 😂😂
The link is not working anymore.

i'm really looking forward to reading more details/reviews if you guys wish to post them. :pls:
DatCog
blobfish

human wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:17 am I want to shout out Dan for putting Mic drop on the playlist, it was great to see those of us who appreciate BTS having a boogie before the show lol.

Lovely to meet some folk from here yesterday!
We very much enjoyed this too! Big BTS fans in our house :D
There was also Green Light by Lorde on the playlist
As an oldie, I can confirm there were plenty of more mature folks in the audience so nobody should feel too concerned - most of them were probably parents but I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as screamy as I thought it might be with a room of mostly teens! I’ll post more thoughts when I get home and don’t have to type on my phone.
I also have the full audio of the show recorded.
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

omgjo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:46 am
Sunshine wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:31 am
omgjo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 am Anyone who went yesterday - firstly I hoped you all had a good time!!

I love a spoiler so have been reading them all haha.

I've just got a question - I'm going to the Liverpool show alone but feel at 29 (and heavily pregnant haha) that I'm going to look ancient compared to everyone else! Were there plenty of other non-teenagers there?

I’m 40 and going alone to Liverpool! I also fear looking ancient. I might make up some flimsy excuse about nieces I don’t have in the better seats.....
Hahahaha I thought the same if I end up sitting next to a parent!! I'm sure we won't be the only ones! I'm going to the afternoon show so will probs just sneak in and out without loitering around too much first!

I’m at the afternoon show too and am planning on sneaking in and out. I even chose my seat so it was hidden/ inconspicuous! Hopefully!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Sunshine wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:55 am
omgjo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:46 am
Sunshine wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:31 am
omgjo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 am Anyone who went yesterday - firstly I hoped you all had a good time!!

I love a spoiler so have been reading them all haha.

I've just got a question - I'm going to the Liverpool show alone but feel at 29 (and heavily pregnant haha) that I'm going to look ancient compared to everyone else! Were there plenty of other non-teenagers there?

I’m 40 and going alone to Liverpool! I also fear looking ancient. I might make up some flimsy excuse about nieces I don’t have in the better seats.....
Hahahaha I thought the same if I end up sitting next to a parent!! I'm sure we won't be the only ones! I'm going to the afternoon show so will probs just sneak in and out without loitering around too much first!

I’m at the afternoon show too and am planning on sneaking in and out. I even chose my seat so it was hidden/ inconspicuous! Hopefully!
Haha, I love the idea of sneaking in/out! Wish I'd thought of that, I might have tried for a ticket. I spent my money on seeing Garbage later this year though so it isn't all bad. :D

Just to add to the isntastory discourse, I think given past examples he means 'bye bye', but it's still cute either way, and I always enjoy seeing the cat shirt make an appearance.
firsttimeposter
living flop

I just don't know why dan would use bb as goodbye when we all know his favorite expression is ttfn? Haha. Can't wait for more ii spoilers to come in from other shows, as I'm not gonna be attending the show at any time.
Will someone be posting the full audio clip anywhere?
Anyways, I'm so hyped for this show and these boys being so exited for it, can't wait for this summer to really begin! :)
onomatopoeia
squish

i mean, whether or not dan actually meant bye bye, he absolutely knew that most people would read that as baby and he still put it in. it's not like he didn't have another way to phrase his sentences. OR he could mean both, who knows. that's just his way of doing things isn't it? leaving things vague-ish so there's a lot of room for interpretation. and i'm a sucker for sap, so i read it as baby. (look at me posting this and seconds later we'll get a dan ig story saying "well, actually..." :sideeye: )
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

kavat
pastel persona

onomatopoeia wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 am i mean, whether or not dan actually meant bye bye, he absolutely knew that most people would read that as baby and he still put it in. it's not like he didn't have another way to phrase his sentences. OR he could mean both, who knows. that's just his way of doing things isn't it? leaving things vague-ish so there's a lot of room for interpretation. and i'm a sucker for sap, so i read it as baby. (look at me posting this and seconds later we'll get a dan ig story saying "well, actually..." :sideeye: )
"It's funny really, what I ment to say was byebye but theeen I realized that it could be interpreted as baby and that's just too funny to not let it stay up"

:sideeye:
human
dan hand trash

Me and Emma are driving from Brighton and have been working on transcribing the lyrics to Interactive Introverts, should be ready to post later tonight! Trying to put in all the chatter and ad libs from Dan too.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

kavat wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:02 pm
onomatopoeia wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 am i mean, whether or not dan actually meant bye bye, he absolutely knew that most people would read that as baby and he still put it in. it's not like he didn't have another way to phrase his sentences. OR he could mean both, who knows. that's just his way of doing things isn't it? leaving things vague-ish so there's a lot of room for interpretation. and i'm a sucker for sap, so i read it as baby. (look at me posting this and seconds later we'll get a dan ig story saying "well, actually..." :sideeye: )
"It's funny really, what I ment to say was byebye but theeen I realized that it could be interpreted as baby and that's just too funny to not let it stay up"

"Here, let me show you a clip I filmed when I was typing the message. LOL, funny amiright?!" :facepalm2:
so_cheesy
butt chair

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:07 pm

"Here, let me show you a clip I filmed when I was typing the message. LOL, funny amiright?!" :facepalm2:
Is this really necessary?
liola
rankussy

I don't know if I should laugh or cry about this BUT I can't say I didn't imagine this same scenario Lmao

Again, Dan knows what he's doing and what his audience will think, I def think he meant bb as in baby ( remember the bby tweet? :philtrash: ) but it's ambiguous enough that he can laugh at people getting worked up over it and enjoy his food, his big sleep and I guess his super healthy nutella latte yum
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
kavat
pastel persona

so_cheesy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:09 pm

It's all in good fun :) Dan is known for backtracking like this as soon as he crosses a new line of sorts, we're just teasing. He probably won't mention it at all and that's fine. :thumb:
hello9217
flower crown

Just a heads up, the reason that the clips posted on here yesterday from twitter don't work is because they have all been copyrighted and taken down. This isn't even to do with deppy's show specifically but on all theater websites it says that any recordings of shows can face copyright. If it becomes a bigger issue and your account gets a lot of claims then it can be reported and suspended/taken down. So if you do want to post clips be careful.
Phantasy
woodland creature

kavat wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:17 pm
so_cheesy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:09 pm

It's all in good fun :) Dan is known for backtracking like this as soon as he crosses a new line of sorts, we're just teasing. He probably won't mention it at all and that's fine. :thumb:
Y’all... this bb discussion is becoming ridiculous. He clearly meant “bareback”—after all, food and sex are two pillars of his happiness (and he already had dinner sorted). :wink:
autumnhearth
senpai

So we haven’t gotten a trailer yet... perhaps we will get one today with some footage from yesterday’s show?

Oh and if anyone can help with the two missing lines here that would be great, the crowd was too loud in the recordings to make them out.

Last edited by autumnhearth on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

That'd be nice. We've only had one Instagram story so far today and I'm already feeling deprived of content. However I'd expect they'd probably wait until after the MK shows so they have more footage to work with.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

malday wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:36 am
missemma wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:53 pm You can thank me later 😎
i got a pretty clear recording of phils diss track and the piano song

loved this bit but where were their singing lessons this time round 😂😂
The link is not working anymore.

i'm really looking forward to reading more details/reviews if you guys wish to post them. :pls:
Yup looks like it got taken down, no angry phil dm though 😑. I’ll reupload it and you guys can DM me for the link. I’ll only give it out to people who I recognise so that way you lovely peeps on here can at least enjoy it :) I said it before about tatinof but I’m not sure why they’re so funny about taking things down, yeah I get #spoilers but actually stuff like this also helps the hype train and give them more money when they sell more tickets etc.

And as @human said, on our drive home we pretty much managed to transcribe the whole end part so she will be posting that under a spoiler later. The lyrics are hilarious. Just walking in my front door now and will start writing my review for both shows. It was annoying that the staff were policing the no phone thing so much, I really wanted to take notes but we weren’t allowed our phones and I’m hardly going to whack out a clipboard and pencil. Hopefully my memory won’t be too bad.

Edit to add, this is cute.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

kavat
pastel persona

That picture is lovely, PJ's tweet is also really sweet
autumnhearth
senpai

Ah it was Sophie who was wearing the bright stripey shirt at breakfast! I was wondering. My husband says PJ looks like a raven master, but I dig. Dan’s wearing his merch and is probably chillier than the rest but it’s okay he’s trying to be more transparent and I support him. Phil seems very fond of that grey shirt, I like it!