Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
liola
rankussy
Pronouns: she/her

Here your usual Twitter rumour report to share how the hottest claim is that last night, as Dan joked he's a rat, Phil apparently said "I married a-" then proceeded to cut himself off but the first row managed to heat him. Lots of screaming going around.

Amuse rate, 4/10

EDIT: oh no, I'm so sorry that this is too of the page dammit
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
sparkle
blobfish

missemma wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:00 am
alien wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:33 am
To those that have seen the show is this part at all interesting? Do they make comments about any of it? I don't get why this is a thing it seems so boring lol
Survey Section
- What would you save from a burning building? “my friends” or “my phone” (65% said phone)
- Do you like audience participation? “Heck yes” or “hell naw” (85% said hell naw)
- Do you feel like you really know Dan and Phil? “Yes” or “no” or “who are Dan and Phil?” (85% said yes, 5% said who are dan and phil)
- What is your favorite Dan and Phil video series? “Pinof, ditl, sims, baking, dapc” (45% like The Sims,

Also there's been 4 shows and I still don't really get what's going on during this part (I read Dan's explanation but just??):
Wholesome Howell and X-Rated Lester
Dan - falling in a volcano
Phil - toast
Dan - dan's black mail romper
Phil - world peace
Dan - Theresa May running through a wheat field
Phil - dogs

Does anyone know if this is just body parts in general or is it Dan's least fave about himself? (idk why this is important for me to know lol)
Phil's question: What is Dan's least favorite body part?
D: I have an answer for this.
P: You have an answer? ... an ear!
D: Toes.

And thank you soooo much to the people audio recording and transcribing the shows! I really appreciate getting to read them.
Having seen the show twice already:
the survey thing is a build up to the wheel of doom and one of them launching things at the other (which is a fantastic part of the show). Personally I find the whole build up too long and it’s basically irrelevant. It would have been more interesting imo to have used things related to dan and phil from the beginning rather than use the “would you save a friend/your phone” and the “do you like crowd participation” questions or just cut them completely, they’re not really interesting and feels a lot like filler.

The other sections you mentioned are quite funny providing the questions they get asked are funny and not just lame/obvious things like houseplants or memes. Mandy already answered this better than I could anyway haha
I fell asleep early last night so watched the new video this morning and wow what a way to start the day. I’ve heard Dan bring up a spitroast twice in 4 days now, jeez give the man what he so desperately wants lol.
We all know I’m a dirty biatch so this was gonna be the video for me, full of innuendos and crude comments (yassss m8). I don’t think I was ready for Phils small eyebrow lift after he says “my eyes keep going there, it’s hard”. I need more dirty Phil in my life please. Also, what was up with dan trying to cover his manhood at the end, boner much 😇
I didnt notice this at first but then I went back and... can someone please get Dan laid because he is desperate af :lol:
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
noodlebum
flower crown

Did anyone see Louise's story today of a drawing a viewer had done of Dan Phil and Pearl?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Does anyone here have experience with touring or venue booking? I'm so curious to know what the ballpark price Dan and Phil would be paying to rent out venues.
obvsly
#relatable

They were browsing for new twitter headers together and are now matching again. Cute. <3

These are the ones they're using:
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:27 pm Does anyone here have experience with touring or venue booking? I'm so curious to know what the ballpark price Dan and Phil would be paying to rent out venues.
Most will be a base rate plus a certain percentage of the ticket profits- I found a couple really quick for the NA leg of the tour.
https://assets.culturaldistrict.org/cul ... _17-18.pdf
http://www.sonycentre.ca/rentals/promoters/rates
http://www.proctors.org/wp-content/uplo ... pdated.pdf
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
TheHomosexualAgenda
delia smith

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 2:27 pm Does anyone here have experience with touring or venue booking? I'm so curious to know what the ballpark price Dan and Phil would be paying to rent out venues.
Apparently , the average cost to rent an arena is $20, 00 per night, and amphitheatres tend to be in the $10,00 ballpark, but I don't think Deps are doing the show in such large venues.
http://www.wisebread.com/how-much-a-bre ... ket-prices This website has a chart outlining what percentage of an audience member's (concert) ticket goes where, but I could't find anything about the price to rent any of the places Deps will perform in.
hello9217
flower crown

I guess dan has learned a thing or two from phil because if you swipe up on his most recent insta story it takes you to the tour website.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Jesus, looking at these figures just makes me realize how much bank they're really making. Someone who is better at math/numbers please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like just to use the Heinz Hall for example... seating capacity is 2676 and it looks like it's maybe 3/4 sold out... but just to give the most conservative estimate possible (saying that it's 1500 tickets sold at the lowest price $37) then that's $55,500 solely in ticket sales. For a Sunday show, that venue takes "$8,700 base rent or 10% of net receipts" plus a few hundred extra in insurance and docking fees. So again, low estimate: rent comes out to 10k. That still means solely on ticket sales alone if all they sold were the absolute cheapest tickets and not counting merch or VIP then they've pulled in 45k for that show.

(Unless my math is just super bad and that's entirely possible.)
so_cheesy
butt chair

Okay but not all that money goes into their pockets. They have to pay their staff, the people who helped them put the show together, the props, transport, accommodation... I mean they probably wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t worth it and they probably swim in cash. But they do have expenses
alien
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm Jesus, looking at these figures just makes me realize how much bank they're really making. Someone who is better at math/numbers please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like just to use the Heinz Hall for example... seating capacity is 2676 and it looks like it's maybe 3/4 sold out... but just to give the most conservative estimate possible (saying that it's 1500 tickets sold at the lowest price $37) then that's $55,500 solely in ticket sales. For a Sunday show, that venue takes "$8,700 base rent or 10% of net receipts" plus a few hundred extra in insurance and docking fees. So again, low estimate: rent comes out to 10k. That still means solely on ticket sales alone if all they sold were the absolute cheapest tickets and not counting merch or VIP then they've pulled in 45k for that show.

I'm not saying you're not thinking of this but it's good to remember that they also have a whole team of people they have to pay and travel with too so it's not like they're just pocketing all of that every show lol. But yeah that's a good chunk of change to be getting regularly for the next couple of months. That forever home is just right around the corner haha
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

alien wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:44 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:31 pm Jesus, looking at these figures just makes me realize how much bank they're really making. Someone who is better at math/numbers please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like just to use the Heinz Hall for example... seating capacity is 2676 and it looks like it's maybe 3/4 sold out... but just to give the most conservative estimate possible (saying that it's 1500 tickets sold at the lowest price $37) then that's $55,500 solely in ticket sales. For a Sunday show, that venue takes "$8,700 base rent or 10% of net receipts" plus a few hundred extra in insurance and docking fees. So again, low estimate: rent comes out to 10k. That still means solely on ticket sales alone if all they sold were the absolute cheapest tickets and not counting merch or VIP then they've pulled in 45k for that show.

I'm not saying you're not thinking of this but it's good to remember that they also have a whole team of people they have to pay and travel with too so it's not like they're just pocketing all of that every show lol. But yeah that's a good chunk of change to be getting regularly for the next couple of months. That forever home is just right around the corner haha
so_cheesy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 pm Okay but not all that money goes into their pockets. They have to pay their staff, the people who helped them put the show together, the props, transport, accommodation... I mean they probably wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t worth it and they probably swim in cash. But they do have expenses
I mean, of course they have expenses? I wasn't discounting that or implying that 45k goes straight into their pockets every single night. My question was specifically about how much a venue costs to book, and my curiosity was how much on top of venue booking costs they walk away (they, as the entire tour operation, not specifically just Dan and Phil as individual people) with, not what their bottom line profit after expenses is.

If someone wants to add estimates of how much staff, transport, and accommodation also cost that'd be interesting.
so_cheesy
butt chair

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:46 pm
alien wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:44 pm

so_cheesy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 3:42 pm Okay but not all that money goes into their pockets. They have to pay their staff, the people who helped them put the show together, the props, transport, accommodation... I mean they probably wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t worth it and they probably swim in cash. But they do have expenses
I mean, of course they have expenses? I wasn't discounting that or implying that 45k goes straight into their pockets every single night. My question was specifically about how much a venue costs to book, and my curiosity was how much on top of venue booking costs they walk away (they, as the entire tour operation, not specifically just Dan and Phil as individual people) with, not what their bottom line profit after expenses is.

If someone wants to add estimates of how much staff, transport, and accommodation also cost that'd be interesting.
Okay, that wasn’t clear at first, I understand
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ooh, the rare guy at the m&g... and damn this one looks like he could actually be their offspring if that were biologically possible.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Another new story. I'm glad we're getting a few this afternoon, I was feeling deprived this morning!
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 4:15 pm Ooh, the rare guy at the m&g... and damn this one looks like he could actually be their offspring if that were biologically possible.
Well, Dan did say that he has ovaries now...
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
liola
rankussy

There is something so endearing about these instagram stories and I think it's the casualness they use when filming each other and just the very mundane stuff they decide to share. I don't even know why Dan made a big deal out of starting them only when they were out doing stuff because I've never felt a deeper level of contentment with the things they sharing than when Phil instagrammed his weird bird sick and a random video of Dan filming Phil with lights.

It's the simple things and I'm fucking soft for deppy
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Phantasy
woodland creature

They'll make bank, especially if selling out or close to capacity. But the expenses of a world tour are astronomical. The tour is really a vehicle for merch sales, which is the big money maker.
Ablissa
pastel persona

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 pm
Could anyone transcribe what they are saying? All I caught was Phil being scared.
Phantasy
woodland creature

Some of the responses to Tyler's tweet are--let's just say--predictable...
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I just need to say I have watched the last gaming videos about 100 times, it's such a shitty game but their bants are so on point I can't stop watching and laughing. Been a while since I enjoyed a video this much.

Also, don't forget the Phandom Gives page for dan's birthday drive is live, yay to over £2000 being raised already.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
fancy_nancy
phabergé

lmao @ that insta story, come see us on tour and you'll get to see Dans nipples. Now that's a way to sell a show!!!