Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Man. Nipples and penis. Those are just the words of the week... month... year? aren't they.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

i loved the nipple shirt so much, im glad that it is back!!!
looks a lot nicer, he looks beautiful in a larger neckline.
also whenever phil talks about dan's nipples, he always seems so... enthusiastic? honestly same.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
autumnhearth
senpai

Well putting his nips out there in the beginning did gain him a strong following.

Excited, enthusiastic, fond, familar... like a friendly friend.

I totally agree about the neckline.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:13 pm Man. Nipples and penis. Those are just the words of the week... month... year? aren't they.
I think we can add butts to the lexicon after the last vid and Phil's most recent story. There certainly appears to be a theme emerging.
karma_yeah
philussy

Is it just me, or does anyone else kind of wish their instagram content didn't have so much duplication?

I don't mind if the "stories" are about the same event, but I'd like different perspectives. If they just insta the same things, I don't feel like I need to look at both of them. Or they could just have one account.
What goes around, comes around Image
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cute anecdote they told at the start of the show that didn't really fit in the Reference subforum. (It's not really a spoiler since it's literally just a story about their morning but since it was in the show, spoilering it nonetheless.)
D: Today was actually a really big day for me and Phil personally, because we did something we don't usually do - we actually went outside to get breakfast.
P: We did!
D: We were really scared, but we both slept past the time which - I mean, what hotel stops serving -
P: We ventured out.
D: - breakfast at nine?!
P: I don't know!
D: I don't wake up at nine! So we were like - oh god, Phil, are we gonna have to do this?
P: We had to venture out, and I got myself some stellar pancakes. They weren't just pancakes, but they were on five tiers held up by chocolate sticks. It was like a colosseum of pancakes.
D: Okay. Very excited for Phil. I'm gonna have to tell you - Phil has had pancakes two days in a row now.
P: Stop pan-
D: Which is fine! Which is fine! Except we're like, less than a week into the tour and he's already double pancaking.
P: Don't pancake shame me!
D: When you get to America and pancakes is the only option, Phil, you're gonna die.
P: That'll be an issue. We also got heavily rained on as well.
D: I know. That was upsetting. The thing is, since I changed to having my curly hair - that's fine. Not a problem anymore. 2016 Dan is just crying in a corner somewhere. I would be stood here in front of you right now like [crying sounds] just looking like a mess.
P: But it used to be fine for me! But now I've changed my hair, I'm like nooo, the quiff is drooping.
D: Oh no. So Phil almost got droopy earlier.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

thank you @alittledizzy for sharing the transcript of that beautiful anecdote. im feeling really blessed 🙏🙏🙏

also
"2016 Dan is just crying in a corner somewhere"
same
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean

oof... oof... @alittledizzy my bones and my heart,,,,
waking up together, accidentally sleeping in together, eating breakfast together. most importantly, sharing it so casually with us.
i mean, We Have Been Knewn about them doing that any other day, but just hearing them say it?
i feel soft. i love it all.
:happytears: :pancakes:
alien
procrastinator

oooh does this sound like we might get bloopers from dan’s video or have I just gotten my hopes up for nothing?

- Swearing on camera
P: My grandad still hasn't forgiven me!
D: For like, the thirty seconds of Phil struggling in that video I uploaded there was about four minutes of footage of Phil just going NO! NOO! and I was just going Phil! It's what the people want! So look forward to that.

And aw at them talking about how to resolve disagreements with someone you live with. The green sock bit made me seriously chuckle.
malday
emo goose

alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 2:07 am Cute anecdote they told at the start of the show that didn't really fit in the Reference subforum. (It's not really a spoiler since it's literally just a story about their morning but since it was in the show, spoilering it nonetheless.)
D: Today was actually a really big day for me and Phil personally, because we did something we don't usually do - we actually went outside to get breakfast.
P: We did!
D: We were really scared, but we both slept past the time which - I mean, what hotel stops serving -
P: We ventured out.
D: - breakfast at nine?!
P: I don't know!
D: I don't wake up at nine! So we were like - oh god, Phil, are we gonna have to do this?
P: We had to venture out, and I got myself some stellar pancakes. They weren't just pancakes, but they were on five tiers held up by chocolate sticks. It was like a colosseum of pancakes.
D: Okay. Very excited for Phil. I'm gonna have to tell you - Phil has had pancakes two days in a row now.
P: Stop pan-
D: Which is fine! Which is fine! Except we're like, less than a week into the tour and he's already double pancaking.
P: Don't pancake shame me!
D: When you get to America and pancakes is the only option, Phil, you're gonna die.
P: That'll be an issue. We also got heavily rained on as well.
D: I know. That was upsetting. The thing is, since I changed to having my curly hair - that's fine. Not a problem anymore. 2016 Dan is just crying in a corner somewhere. I would be stood here in front of you right now like [crying sounds] just looking like a mess.
P: But it used to be fine for me! But now I've changed my hair, I'm like nooo, the quiff is drooping.
D: Oh no. So Phil almost got droopy earlier.
cute! That explains the picture with a fan that bumped into them in the morning.
obvsly
#relatable

karma_yeah wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 1:18 am Is it just me, or does anyone else kind of wish their instagram content didn't have so much duplication?

I don't mind if the "stories" are about the same event, but I'd like different perspectives. If they just insta the same things, I don't feel like I need to look at both of them. Or they could just have one account.
What is the kind of duplication you're talking about? I'm a bit confused because the one time I saw them do the same thing on insta is the selfies with Pearl? I actually think they're trying hard not to do anything repetitious on their accounts. (You wouldn't believe some of the youtubers who would take tons of stories in a day going on and on about the same things. Ugh.) Or did you mean the picture with PJ and Sophie and then a boomerang of them? I would feel those are "different perspectives" personally. I think maybe it feels like a lot because those content get reposted all over social media afterwards. :shrug:
kavat
pastel persona

liola wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:04 pm There is something so endearing about these instagram stories and I think it's the casualness they use when filming each other and just the very mundane stuff they decide to share. I don't even know why Dan made a big deal out of starting them only when they were out doing stuff because I've never felt a deeper level of contentment with the things they sharing than when Phil instagrammed his weird bird sick and a random video of Dan filming Phil with lights.

It's the simple things and I'm fucking soft for deppy
I don't have much to add more than that I agree. There's a reason people like ditl so much, and now we get a snippet of that every day. We truly are blessed.
ratlad
angel bean

alien wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:09 am
oooh does this sound like we might get bloopers from dan’s video or have I just gotten my hopes up for nothing?

- Swearing on camera
D: For like, the thirty seconds of Phil struggling in that video I uploaded there was about four minutes of footage of Phil just going NO! NOO! and I was just going Phil! It's what the people want! So look forward to that.

And aw at them talking about how to resolve disagreements with someone you live with. The green sock bit made me seriously chuckle.
is there a way i can read more about that part in the show?
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

Yep, video full of dick jokes followed by nips and butts. I don’t know what’s got into them, but it’s funny for it all to hit at once.
ratlad
angel bean

ratlad wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:39 am

- Swearing on camera

i cant find a way to edit my previous post hngdg

EDIT: nvm i found the subforum and the green sock thing, wow. their separately-shared sock drawer, that's a beautiful thing. was there even mention of "omg how did ur clothes get in my room!?!?11" or was it just "you put your sock in my drawer instead of your own" ?? domestic boyfriends.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

ratlad wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 am

- Swearing on camera

EDIT: nvm i found the subforum and the green sock thing, wow. their separately-shared sock drawer, that's a beautiful thing. was there even mention of "omg how did ur clothes get in my room!?!?11" or was it just "you put your sock in my drawer instead of your own" ?? domestic boyfriends.
Definitely the second one.
Informal poll time: Do you guys want me to start crossposting the show notes here (under a spoiler cut, obviously) as well as in the references subforum?
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I have a tab open to it so I can check back to see if there is a new show update, but it might be useful to at least know when a new post is added there? I’m happy with them being posted here too though.
animad
squish

Ablissa wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:01 pm
alittledizzy wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:47 pm
Could anyone transcribe what they are saying? All I caught was Phil being scared.
I don't know if you still wanted this but

D: I must admit I don't have much practice with this
P: I do not trust you with that!
D: [?] so you should be scared phil-
P: I'm scared!
D: ?? [Points arrow toward the crowd, says something about not hitting them?]
D: you're scared hu? Haha isn't that funny
P: dan be careful with that it looks dangerous!
D: right so there a lot of Phil-
P: ahh
D: not to hit-
P: don't pull it back any further!
D: but its fine
D: say it with me guys (audience counts with him) 3 2 1
(Hits Phil,  lot of screaming, dan collapses laughing)
P: oh no! [??] Oh my gosh (more screaming)
D: [says something to phil]
D: [to the audience] I'm trying not to hit him-
P: you're trying not to hit me!
D: if this was real Phil would be missing one leg [??] and grateful that it didn't go any higher
D: this is on you remember this is your fault!
ratlad
angel bean

alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 11:05 am
ratlad wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 am

- Swearing on camera

Definitely the second one.
Informal poll time: Do you guys want me to start crossposting the show notes here (under a spoiler cut, obviously) as well as in the references subforum?
hell yeah... my sock drawer hc is real...

and only if u wanna! if you don't mind. i just opened the tab to the subforum and i'll keep it open from now on. thank u so much for your work btw, being able to know spoilers puts me at ease.
autumnhearth
senpai

Cross posting would be lovely please!

I really don’t think this needs to go under a spoiler but
side eyeing Phil for not posting insta stories of his pancakes especially if they are that structurally interesting. It’s easy delicious on brand content.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

I popped over to the pop up shop in Camden this morning. It was rather empty, but the merch looks good. The marble shirt looks better in person, and the long sleeve shirt looks really nice as well. Major con though: they don't have any introvert caps! :( Apparently they're only selling them at venues. Which is a letdown since that's the only merch I'd buy and wear.
So, to any of you going to the London show (bc I'm not)- do any of you want to do me a huge favour and buy me a cap?? :tu:
firsttimeposter
living flop

Which green sock bit are ya talking about here? :)
alien
procrastinator

firsttimeposter wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:19 pm
Which green sock bit are ya talking about here? :)
its in the last post here in the 2nd to last section where they’re talking about what they argue about.
viewtopic.php?p=88916&sid=9f231606b346b ... 3e8#p88916
phantastically-avg
sad dimple