Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
dancy
procrastinator

So I know the Glasgow show is gonna be recorded (though I don't know how much of it) and I noticed a couple of rows of the venue are suddenly not available for purchase anymore as opposed to a few days ago, which I assume they did so there'd be more space for the equipment. Though I've been wondering whether they're gonna record any other shows or perhaps already have... does anyone know if there have been any professional video cameras around? I'm also kinda curious as to when they're gonna release the trailer and what exactly they'll show in it.
human
dan hand trash

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:14 pm I popped over to the pop up shop in Camden this morning. It was rather empty, but the merch looks good. The marble shirt looks better in person, and the long sleeve shirt looks really nice as well. Major con though: they don't have any introvert caps! :( Apparently they're only selling them at venues. Which is a letdown since that's the only merch I'd buy and wear.
So, to any of you going to the London show (bc I'm not)- do any of you want to do me a huge favour and buy me a cap?? :tu:
I can try, I want to get myself the cap too actually so I can get two.
serenlas
tol bean

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 12:14 pm I popped over to the pop up shop in Camden this morning.
It looks like D&P have been there this afternoon, judging by Dan's Instagram story!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

knq
lava lamp
Pronouns: she/her

Dan loves to complain about Phil’s cereal stealing, his sock littering, and his cupboard leaving open, which is pretty standard since like 50% of Dan’s comedy is complaining about things.

Does Phil ever complain about Dan for comedic effect? It occured to me that I can’t think of any instances except the Roulette video which, imo, didn’t go well, wasn’t necessarily focused on comedy, and for which Phil’s “complaint” seemed to be ‘does it bother you that you have insomnia?’

Wondering what your thoughts are! And if there really aren’t any instances of Phil complaining about Dan, do you guys think that’s because of Dan (doesn’t like being complained about) or because of Phil(doesn’t like complaining about people)?
Ribona
crusty sponge

watsonian wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 pm Dan loves to complain about Phil’s cereal stealing, his sock littering, and his cupboard leaving open, which is pretty standard since like 50% of Dan’s comedy is complaining about things.

Does Phil ever complain about Dan for comedic effect? It occured to me that I can’t think of any instances except the Roulette video which, imo, didn’t go well, wasn’t necessarily focused on comedy, and for which Phil’s “complaint” seemed to be ‘does it bother you that you have insomnia?’

Wondering what your thoughts are! And if there really aren’t any instances of Phil complaining about Dan, do you guys think that’s because of Dan (doesn’t like being complained about) or because of Phil(doesn’t like complaining about people)?
I don't remember the details, but I'm positive that in their first book (The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire) Phil complains about Dan's habit of throwing away important documents and mixing white clothes and coloured ones in the laundry in the "Roommate Assessment Form" section.
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

Just a heads up if anyone's going to the London pop up shop that I found it really hard to find. I was only 20 minutes away but spent so long wandering around that I didn't bother going in as it was so close to 6. However I found a good map with a pin on Camden Markets websitehttps://www.camdenmarket.com/events/dan ... 6-may-2018
It actually puts you in the right place unlike the map link on the D&P website!
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ribona wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:48 pm
watsonian wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 pm Dan loves to complain about Phil’s cereal stealing, his sock littering, and his cupboard leaving open, which is pretty standard since like 50% of Dan’s comedy is complaining about things.

I don't remember the details, but I'm positive that in their first book (The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire) Phil complains about Dan's habit of throwing away important documents and mixing white clothes and coloured ones in the laundry in the "Roommate Assessment Form" section.
That's interesting, I'm also struggling to think of things outside of the stuff listed in TABINOF and the roulette game that Phil complains about. All I can come up with is how he said Dan plays screamy music when he's cleaning the kitchen. Phil definitely doesn't gripe on an ongoing basis like Dan does. (Not that I think Phil particularly cares when Dan gripes, it's definitely just another layer of their dynamic.)
realeyesrealize
living flop

hello9217
flower crown

realeyesrealize wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:40 pm
I guess they went with Bry and Wirrow, since Wirrow also just tweeted about it. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an election today in the UK? If so, I'm surprised Dan didn't tweet about it.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

It’s local elections today, not a general election, if that makes a difference. That photo of the shop in Dan’s ig story doesn’t need him to have been there, they’d have had to go before 10am, though I guess it’s possible.

Phil complained about Dan not waking up when he got shut out of the house on his way to America for Tatinof, also I’m their missed-flight story at Vidcon when Dan had packed his passport because he’d changed his outfit three times. Otherwise I can’t think of anything other than the roommate gripes in Tabinof.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

Phil also complained about Dan playing remixes of All Star in the second Yasuhati video.
dancy
procrastinator

Thought I'd share this because I find it quite interesting. Basically she went to the pop-up shop in London and talked to one of the employees there.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dancy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:24 pm Thought I'd share this because I find it quite interesting. Basically she went to the pop-up shop in London and talked to one of the employees there.
I'm instantly dubious that someone who "goes to their house every day" and controls their upload schedule is working at their pop up shop - or out there volunteering information like upcoming product releases to any random fan that asks.
confusedpanda
ar·tic·u·late
Pronouns: Her/she

dancy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:24 pm Thought I'd share this because I find it quite interesting. Basically she went to the pop-up shop in London and talked to one of the employees there.
:sideeye: I don’t believe this.. mostly because this person is also claiming that this persons name is Hannah and she’s apparently “practically lives with them and has complete control over them” they also say that she’s a bigger deal than Marianna... unless she’s a tour manager or someone who works for irl digital, but still!! They can’t spill that info to just random fans!! Talk about unprofessional!
Edit: basically what @dizzy said
We're here, we're queer, we're filled with existential fear!
gif cred: pseudophan on tumblr
sarmstr2
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 pm
I'm instantly dubious that someone who "goes to their house every day" and controls their upload schedule is working at their pop up shop - or out there volunteering information like upcoming product releases to any random fan that asks.
I agree - SURE JAN.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

I think someone just has too much time on their hands. None of this really makes any sense

Edit - others have already said it better (and nicer) than me, but yes, agreed with the previous posts
Last edited by greenergrass on Thu May 03, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liola
rankussy

Lol if someone that really worked for dnp actually went out their way to reveal secret stuff and gossip about how "secretive" they are to a random fan during working hours, that person would be a. Stupid b. Fired

But hey, I enjoy these daily Twitter rumours!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
moaninglisa
drama llama

i doubt this is true, and even if it was, it makes 'hannah' look really bad and unprofessional. someone who apparently is very close to dnp and admits they are really private people told some rando about 'some new things that will be released' and that they used to live on top of a bar, isn't that shady?
dancy
procrastinator

Sigh, I guess the idea of Phil being savage and witty being true amused me too much to immediately discount it (but I'll keep it as a "headcanon" anyway for lack of a better word).
liola
rankussy

dancy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:02 pm Sigh, I guess the idea of Phil being savage and witty being true amused me too much to immediately discount it (but I'll keep it as a "headcanon" anyway for lack of a better word).
If it makes you feel better I don't think it's that far away from the truth, if I remember right lots of people have said he can be very witty and quirky, but sure not rude.

This person was at the shop today, yes, and there is someone working for them called like that but I doubt the rest is real, and I wouldn't trust someone who spoke about Marianne as "irrelevant" or claimed someone is every day at dnp's house running their upload schedule when they have shown time and time again they upload themselves (or either schedule) most of the times!
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

This all seems a lot to invent out of nowhere so :shrug: but Phil not holding back... He seems such a polite, friendly guy. He does come out with the innuendos apparently without thinking, though we only see that when he’s in entertainment mode. In vlogs with other yters and when they meet fans he’s always nice. I can see him giving a strong opinion and being firm, but in a professional way still. I guess you could call giving an honest opinion savage, but idk.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dancy wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:02 pm Sigh, I guess the idea of Phil being savage and witty being true amused me too much to immediately discount it (but I'll keep it as a "headcanon" anyway for lack of a better word).
I definitely feel like it's true with or without the twitter post tbh. At least the witty part; he doesn't seem like the type who would be "savage" to people in a way that Dan has to step in and soften.
flarequake wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:12 pm This all seems a lot to invent out of nowhere so :shrug: but Phil not holding back... He seems such a polite, friendly guy. He does come out with the innuendos apparently without thinking, though we only see that when he’s in entertainment mode. In vlogs with other yters and when they meet fans he’s always nice. I can see him giving a strong opinion and being firm, but in a professional way still. I guess you could call giving an honest opinion savage, but idk.
For Dan and Phil (and Marianne)'s sake I hope it's not true; it'd be awfully crappy for someone who works for them to be going around calling their coworkers irrelevant and talking about where Dan and Phil live.
jaej
moon room
Pronouns: he/they/idm

i'm not saying any things true or untrue but keep in mind that for a long time people genuinely believed that phil was such a delicate, non confrontational flower that if he ever blocked someone on twitter or took down a video people said it had to be dan doing it because phil couldn't do that. since then people realised it definitely is phil who sent out serious DMs, blocked people and claimed copyright

remember on That Place when phil blocked that guy on twitter and he was so shocked that he insisted dan went onto phils twitter while he was doing a liveshow to secretly block him and that other, definitely not the same person got very defensive whenever it was brought up
my name is jaejmine masters and i have something to say. dan and phil have fucked up japan :japhan:
phil lester threw the first brick at stonewall, we love a queer icon :biflag:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

jaej wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:30 pm i'm not saying any things true or untrue but keep in mind that for a long time people genuinely believed that phil was such a delicate, non confrontational flower that if he ever blocked someone on twitter or took down a video people said it had to be dan doing it because phil couldn't do that. since then people realised it definitely is phil who sent out serious DMs, blocked people and claimed copyright

remember on That Place when phil blocked that guy on twitter and he was so shocked that he insisted dan went onto phils twitter while he was doing a liveshow to secretly block him and that other, definitely not the same person got very defensive whenever it was brought up
I definitely believe Phil is someone who will stand up for what he feels like the appropriate actions in a situation are, but to me that's a different type of person than someone who is "savage" in the way the tweet seems to be implying. Maybe I'm just projecting a lot onto savage though; to me it seems like it's being used to say that he can be mean. I believe Phil can be confrontational when he feels like he needs to be; I don't believe he'd be mean to the point that Dan has to step in and play nice cop.