Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
allsaintshowell
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: she/her

during part of the show one of the audience participation things they got was “a dildo” and i have never seen two men panic on a stage more than i did watching them spend a minute trying to convince us the girl said “a dil doll”
Image Image
hello9217
flower crown

liola wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:18 pm Apparently their families are there? I saw a few people scream about it
I think it's just dan's mom and grandma. I think when people say Phil's family they are referring to Martyn and Cornelia. My guess would be that Phil's parents are going to the Manchester show.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

hello9217 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:16 pm
sarmstr2 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:46 pm Tomska is on his way to the show according to his Instastory.
Cornelia and Martyn are also in the audience and Cornelia is also wearing a sparkly jacket.
It kinda looks like she swiped Dan's. :lol: Though who could blame her?

Nice to see the whole fam is glittering it up today!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Cool shot of the stage from a crew member!

KatjaZoe
sad dimple

AroboticPhil wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 pm this is definitely one of my new favourite pictures of them. they look so good and sparkly and confident and adult and together :love2: :love2:
okay im late and everyone likes the b&w pic better, but i would just like to say: DANS THIGHS. okay thank you that is all.
of course the first (?) time someone shouts dildo as an answer is when dan's mom and grandma are apparently in the audience :lol: poor thing
"He's the guy with his flesh on show. What a hoe.
That's. Our. Dan."
:dogue: :dogue: :dogue:
human
dan hand trash

Who was the person who wanted a hat? I got two anyway lol.

Solid show tonight. No spoilers.

We saw Tomska in the pub beforehand so it was nice at least one friend showed up.
Pamivia
tol bean
Pronouns: she, her

hello9217 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:30 pm
liola wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:18 pm Apparently their families are there? I saw a few people scream about it
I think it's just dan's mom and grandma. I think when people say Phil's family they are referring to Martyn and Cornelia. My guess would be that Phil's parents are going to the Manchester show.
How do people know they are there? Is Dan's mum's face known in the fandom? Or did e say "my family is here"? Dan's family is the biggest mystery to me lol, I was just a casual viewer when shit went down with his brother so I know nothing about them (feeling like a fake fan)
hello9217
flower crown

Pamivia wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:53 pm
hello9217 wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:30 pm
How do people know they are there? Is Dan's mum's face known in the fandom? Or did e say "my family is here"? Dan's family is the biggest mystery to me lol, I was just a casual viewer when shit went down with his brother so I know nothing about them (feeling like a fake fan)
There's a pic of her when dan and louise pranked called her in "Prank Calling My Mom" on his second channel. She also went to Tatinof in 2015 and sat next to Phil's family. Someone took a pic of them all together.
Ablissa
pastel persona

Honestly you're not a fake fan, Dan would certainly prefer it if people didn't know about his family and/or discuss it, from what I've seen over the years. Anyway, yeah, pics of Dan's mum have been on the internet here and there, so maybe a fan recognized her?
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Ablissa wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:11 pm
Honestly you're not a fake fan, Dan would certainly prefer it if people didn't know about his family and/or discuss it, from what I've seen over the years. Anyway, yeah, pics of Dan's mum have been on the internet here and there, so maybe a fan recognized her?
There's a picture of her in his prank call video with Louise, which is how I'd imagine most people would recognize her.
SHITiveHITtheFANdom
butt chair

human wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm Who was the person who wanted a hat? I got two anyway lol.

We saw Tomska in the pub beforehand so it was nice at least one friend showed up.
Ahh hi! It was me who wanted a hat. Could I buy one off of you? Cheers
Pamivia
tol bean
Pronouns: she, her

@hello9217 @Ablissa @alittledizzy
I always assumed the picture from the pranking my mum video wasn't real, so thanks for letting me know! :love2:
I know Dan's a very private person when it comes to his family which I 100% respect, which is why I guess I couldn't understand how people recognized her. It's all cleared know, thanks again :thumb:
human
dan hand trash

SHITiveHITtheFANdom wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:33 pm
human wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm Who was the person who wanted a hat? I got two anyway lol.

Ahh hi! It was me who wanted a hat. Could I buy one off of you? Cheers
Of course! I’ll dm you tomorrow!
God, I can’t inagine how I’d feel if my mum was in the audience and saw this show about me lol cringe. I don’t think I could hack it hahahaha. I love the show but lol.
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

I’ve just got home from a lovely night watching deppy in my home town of london, but can I say, it was so nice to meet some of the lovely peeps from this forum. Hanging out and chatting was way fun, I hope to do it again sometime soon. IDB peeps are the best.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
liola
rankussy

I can't post it but from Mark's instagram story , he apparently interviewed some fans at the show today? Wonder what that is about, maybe the trailer? I doubt it's non-deppy related since he interviewed fans at the show, I'm intrigued
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
blackdenim
procrastinator

missemma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:33 pm I’ve just got home from a lovely night watching deppy in my home town of london, but can I say, it was so nice to meet some of the lovely peeps from this forum. Hanging out and chatting was way fun, I hope to do it again sometime soon. IDB peeps are the best.
SAME. Meeting people from here was the bit I was most nervous about (lol) but you were all babes and made the shows for me really :love1: Hope we can have a reunion some time! And that other people from IDB who are meeting at shows around the tour have as good a time as we did!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Show notes are up but here's one part of the show that's a spoiler so I won't say what it is but it was hilarious tonight in particular.
Someone in the audience shouting an answer for Phil's magic section:"dildo"
D: It is a DOLL of our Sim, DIL.
P: Yes.
D: To clarify.
P: That's what it is.
D: It is a Dil Howlter doll.
P: Yeah. That's what it is. So. So it's basically a doll, is what we're saying.
D: A doll. Okay yeah, that's better. Get that fricking ball back right now.

And later on Dan had a callback to it:

Survey question: Do you feel like you really know Dan and Phil? “Yes” or “no” or “who are Dan and Phil?” (1% said who are dan and phil, 39% said no)
D: Why don't they feel like they know you, Phil? Why are you so shady? Tell us your secrets.
P: Well, it's you that has got a secret box of my hair under your bed.
D: Apparently, and a dildo(ll).
P: Dil. Doll.
allsaintshowell wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:22 pm during part of the show one of the audience participation things they got was “a dildo” and i have never seen two men panic on a stage more than i did watching them spend a minute trying to convince us the girl said “a dil doll”
This is now the second dirty answer they've gotten for this segment and the first week of tour is barely over. Why on earth did they think a free range audience suggestion segment was good?
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 1:51 am Show notes are up but here's one part of the show that's a spoiler so I won't say what it is but it was hilarious tonight in particular.
Someone in the audience shouting an answer for Phil's magic section:"dildo"
D: It is a DOLL of our Sim, DIL.
P: Yes.
D: To clarify.
P: That's what it is.
D: It is a Dil Howlter doll.
P: Yeah. That's what it is. So. So it's basically a doll, is what we're saying.
D: A doll. Okay yeah, that's better. Get that fricking ball back right now.

And later on Dan had a callback to it:

Survey question: Do you feel like you really know Dan and Phil? “Yes” or “no” or “who are Dan and Phil?” (1% said who are dan and phil, 39% said no)
D: Why don't they feel like they know you, Phil? Why are you so shady? Tell us your secrets.
P: Well, it's you that has got a secret box of your hair under my bed.
D: Apparently, and a dildo(ll).
P: Dil. Doll.
allsaintshowell wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:22 pm during part of the show one of the audience participation things they got was “a dildo” and i have never seen two men panic on a stage more than i did watching them spend a minute trying to convince us the girl said “a dil doll”
This is now the second dirty answer they've gotten for this segment and the first week of tour is barely over. Why on earth did they think a free range audience suggestion segment was good?
I'm honestly waiting for the day someone yells out "lube" in a silent auditorium.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 1:51 am

This is flipped from what was actually said earlier, right? It was supposed to be Dan keeping Phil's hair under Dan's bed? But Phil's saying that Dan hid a box of his own hair under Phil's bed? Probably just misspeaking or misremembering but I'm procrastinating so it's interesting to me.
obvsly
#relatable

Templeofshame wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 2:59 am

This is flipped from what was actually said earlier, right? It was supposed to be Dan keeping Phil's hair under Dan's bed? But Phil's saying that Dan hid a box of his own hair under Phil's bed? Probably just misspeaking or misremembering but I'm procrastinating so it's interesting to me.
I'll forgive their confusion because we all know it's the same bed. :mrgreen:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

It's Dan's box, every night, so people are guessing what's in Dan's box. The guess was Phil's hair. I just typed it wrong!
obvsly
#relatable

alittledizzy wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:14 am

It's Dan's box, every night, so people are guessing what's in Dan's box. The guess was Phil's hair. I just typed it wrong!
There goes my demonic theory. Damn.
Templeofshame
rainbow nerd

obvsly wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 3:27 am
There goes my demonic theory. Damn.
It was definitely on my mind that Phil might accidentally have referred to Dan's bed as "my bed." Alas, not every demonic theory comes true.
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Thanks for the show notes Dizzy! I'll look forward to reading those when I'm slightly more awake (why, WHY am I up at 6.30am on the weekend?!).

Here's another photo of our sparkly boys from last night.
LadyLackless
cheeky #spon
Pronouns: She/Her

blackdenim wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:27 am
missemma wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:33 pm I’ve just got home from a lovely night watching deppy in my home town of london, but can I say, it was so nice to meet some of the lovely peeps from this forum. Hanging out and chatting was way fun, I hope to do it again sometime soon. IDB peeps are the best.
SAME. Meeting people from here was the bit I was most nervous about (lol) but you were all babes and made the shows for me really :love1: Hope we can have a reunion some time! And that other people from IDB who are meeting at shows around the tour have as good a time as we did!
ALSO SAME! I had a brilliant night and it was great to meet everyone and talk about dnp as that is not something I ever get to do in real life. Everyone made me feel so welcome :love2: