Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

Loving the IG stories so far! Hoping we get a sneak of the set next.

I do fear bedgate 2.0 will grow tiring. The WITL bed issue wasn’t as there was content for us to work with. The instastories doesn’t prove anything either way and picking over it and every subsequent time without any real proof will get old fast. Maybe next time Dan can be more considerate and show Phil’s water bottle on the bedside table or something. Lol
kuensukki wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm (Also lol at bedgate 2.0 starting, phil literally filmed dan in a DITL half naked in their room at 2am with phils fucking shoes on the shoe rack I would think that would nail the coffin)
Contradicting myself slightly here by asking about this, but were Phil’s shoes actually shown? Does anyone have a screencap pointing them out? My inner demon would like to know. ;)

ETA: Also deeply appreciating the collarbones shown in both their stories posted last night.
LurkingTrash
woodland creature
Pronouns: She/Her

Okay this whole instagram stories feels like a daydream
Can I just say how happy I am that they are using it and this much?
I love seeing their faces, especially a few times, to know what they are up to is amazing.
I rlly don't care to analyze if they share a bed or not or even in depth looking into every snap, I'm just so content seeing them, knowing what they are doing and when, and feeling like I'm connected, seriously, I'm over the moon happy.
I know they will probably dial it down once they get busy but I agree with the person who said that insta stories can be addicting (meh, even I that barely have anything to share can't go a day without posting something) and I hope so, wouldn't mind seeing one or two a day from now on.
I think this is the word of the week for me: connected. it's been so long since I felt like that with the boys, everything feels like a dream since GTPWTW and every day keeps getting better.
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

@kuensukki yes i noticed it too!
and @topdanhowellmemes
you can see phil's gray shoes on the shoe shelf in the moon room from WITL, the same ones dan tried on in GTPWTW! i can't send pics through mobile unfortunately ): but they're there!

edit: i'm aware of how annoying i am and i'm sorry because i over explain things but i promise i'm not as obsessed with the bed arrangements as you think i am, it's just normal to me and idc if they share hotel rooms or not.
dan just posted an insta story of him and phil seeing the set for the first time!!!!!!!
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

ame wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:54 pm oh boy, im but a simple child, i was quite satisfied with their ig stories and of course i had enjoyed the first couple minutes of the "sleeps in the same bed" discussion...but it grew old quite fast as soon as a couple people took it seriously. it was fun joking around entertaining my ~inner demons~ by drawing a shitty fanart and reblogging shit posts about them sleeping tgt for about 5 seconds but seeing people tear limb from limb on each other at tumblr(dot)coms is kinda tiresome. tho im not saying its bad to have these discussions, so long as it stays lighthearted or within reason, its fine.

it could also be because its fucking tumblr, what did i expect
I don't think i've seen you on here yet so.. hi ;)
Yeeee the lord knoweth I enjoy a good shitpost and D&P can be so quite that they make me puke (in a good way) but at the same time I know there will be plenty of people, especially young people, who will be swayed by these all these edited pictures and start believing parts of the narrative.

Personally I would have hoped that the whole "they are a couple" narrative would have died down after they explicitly denied it for years, but it endures. For some people their relationship and not their content is the prime reason they are involved in the fandom. i'm just glad there's something to talk about and hey anything that has to do with sleeping arrangements peeks my interest. It's the hot issue on my twitter timeline. Speculating about every move they make is kind of what we always do all the time. Tour or not.
It's entertaining and I much prefer a silly 'bedgate 2.0' to less pleasant topics. As long as people don't start cutting of arms and limbs I'm fine with whatever people see and think of their behavior and it's only normal that opinions will diverge.

The IG stories so far have lifted a tip of the veil and it's nice to seem them active in daylight for once :mrgreen: My hope is that it will compliment and not replace content. I think it will take a good amount of time to see if that's the case. I'm eying their personal channels and the next D&P games release.
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

ratlad wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:16 pm @kuensukki yes i noticed it too!
and @topdanhowellmemes
you can see phil's gray shoes on the shoe shelf in the moon room from WITL, the same ones dan tried on in GTPWTW! i can't send pics through mobile unfortunately ): but they're there!
Thanks, I’ll take another look. :)

I’m in a meeting atm so can’t catch up on the stories. Can’t wait to see the new ones they’ve posted though! I agree they’ll get less active when the shows actually start as they’ll be busier, but I’ll be grateful for whatever we get.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

As someone who definitely enjoys their relationship more than their content (or more accurately: enjoys their content because it's the vehicle through which I'm allowed to witness their interactions and chemistry, which is what fuels my insight into their relationship) I can say that personally the narrative I'm seeing right now that I enjoy is two people who live their life with every aspect of togetherness. I am totally living for 2018 Dan and Phil and how relaxed and open they seem.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

ahh stage content
autumnhearth
senpai

alittledizzy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:33 pm As someone who definitely enjoys their relationship more than their content (or more accurately: enjoys their content because it's the vehicle through which I'm allowed to witness their interactions and chemistry, which is what fuels my insight into their relationship) I can say that personally the narrative I'm seeing right now that I enjoy is two people who live their life with every aspect of togetherness. I am totally living for 2018 Dan and Phil and how relaxed and open they seem.
Where’s the like button so I can slam it?

Love love love their reaction to first seeing the set. That is exactly what I was hoping they would post, before showing us the set itself. I like the silver blue (almost periwinkle) lighting as well. I’m good with these little teases.

@onceinaugust I don’t want to make a separate post but I agree :/
Last edited by autumnhearth on Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

I think I wish Phil hadn't put the white stripes on his shirt sleeves....it looks a little bowling shirt-esque.
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

Can someone ID Dan's sneakers? I want 'em.

ETA: JK. Found 'em. Shoulda known they'd buy ASOS for tour. :lol:
BSV
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie

onceinaugust wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:47 pm I think I wish Phil hadn't put the white stripes on his shirt sleeves....it looks a little bowling shirt-esque.
I think Phil's just getting with the current fashion! Which is sweet - stripes on everything daaaaaarrrling ;)
ratlad
angel bean

are people forgetting that you can enjoy their relationship, chemistry AND their content at the same time? to me, what makes their content good is their personalities and interactions with each other. so, basically their relationship. it doesn't matter what they do, they can always make it enjoyable if they're together, no other way i can put it.
there's no need to talk down to people who enjoy dnp's relationship.
discourse regarding their relationship won't stop just because they've denied it 6 years ago, and it definitely isn't stopping now given all of the information we've gotten throughout these years.
let people enjoy things.
that's all.
omgjo
smol bean

Hi all! I'm new! I've been lurking for months and months and just want to say love all the posts here. Thought I'd register incase I fancy joining in some time! :love2:

Like everyone else I'm loving all of the recent content BTW.
MythicalPinkTrashCan
phabergé

MythicalPinkTrashCan wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:03 pm I'm in need of tour spoilers! Not true, hardcore spoilers, but baby ones. Flashing lights are a HUGE migraine trigger for me. I need to know if this show is going to be flashy with those neon lights. (Or just flashy in general) If someone could either a)PM me if they know or b)direct me to someplace with the answer? Just so I can know how prepared to be. I don't wanna be at my show and just start barfing from pain.
Everyone, please ignore how dumb I was with this post. For some reason, I thought the first show wasn’t yesterday? I’m so confused.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

lmao oh, Phil
liola
rankussy

Honestly, bedgate 2.0 was kinda fun until people started ruining the fun. They share a bed, it's nothing new. If people really believe they didn't share the bedroom in the tour bus when there was a giant ass Dan & Phil stitched welcoming sign on the door that was filmed in their documentary, then I don't know what to say.

As someone who firmly believes they're in a long lasting committed relationship, it's more fun to watch how people are actively trying to find reasons as to WHY they wouldn't be together/sleeping together than years ago, when it was the opposite. It shows how much more open derpy and preppy are compared to even a couple of years ago, and how much a big chunk of the phandom has grown - not all of it, dear god, but a big chunk.

I'm enjoying the content from instagram so much and I hope the boys are enjoying sharing it just as much, bedgate or not bedgate. They can review the stuff they film before posting so they're aware of whatever they've been sharing - and whatever the phandom thinks of it. They're not new to actively denying something if they want to (even when it's as clear as glass) and the narrative for now seems to be to just go with the flow, so i'll enjoy it.
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
ratlad
angel bean

liola wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07 pm Honestly, bedgate 2.0 was kinda fun until people started ruining the fun. They share a bed, it's nothing new. If people really believe they didn't share the bedroom in the tour bus when there was a giant ass Dan & Phil stitched welcoming sign on the door that was filmed in their documentary, then I don't know what to say.

As someone who firmly believes they're in a long lasting committed relationship, it's more fun to watch how people are actively trying to find reasons as to WHY they wouldn't be together/sleeping together than years ago, when it was the opposite. It shows how much more open derpy and preppy are compared to even a couple of years ago, and how much a big chunk of the phandom has grown - not all of it, dear god, but a big chunk.

I'm enjoying the content from instagram so much and I hope the boys are enjoying sharing it just as much, bedgate or not bedgate. They can review the stuff they film before posting so they're aware of whatever they've been sharing - and whatever the phandom thinks of it. They're not new to actively denying something if they want to (even when it's as clear as glass) and the narrative for now seems to be to just go with the flow, so i'll enjoy it.
big agree
i might have went a bit overboard with my analysis though, sorry about that.
i'm gonna try to relax and enjoy everything now.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:06 pm lmao oh, Phil
So they are brothers after all
malday
emo goose

whatdoiknow wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:29 pm
obsessivelymoody wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:06 pm lmao oh, Phil
So they are brothers after all
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

iero
phabergé

the merch is nice. the long sleeve reminds me of twenty one pilots merchandise or something tho... i love the jacket the most, it's decently priced for a denim jacket too imo. i wish the tote just said 'introvert' then i would have gotten it :( i can't see myself buying anything else.
malday
emo goose

I have to say, the tour merch looks good? The gray textured t-shit looks nice, i wonder if the Radiohead merch shirt Dan always wears was any inspiration for it. Everything with the minimalist "introvert" on it is going to sell like hotcakes.

why am i excited by this..
Last edited by malday on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hello9217
flower crown

I actually really like the "give the people what they want" long sleeve top. If I don't end up going to a show I might still buy that when it becomes available online.
greenergrass
stress mushroom

lol @malday perfect response pic

I can only see small images of the merch on my phone screen, but I like what I see. I never buy merch anyways, but I like the colour scheme of this tour
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I like that they're fully sharing the tour merch before it starts. I actually really like the designs too, as they're nothing too obvious or cringe. As someone who hoards t-shirts from events I go to for working out and stuff, I think the black t-shirt, or even the long sleeve will be a nice addition to my collection.

(also lmao to whatdoiknow and malday)