Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lefthandedism
simply stressed bisexual
simply stressed bisexual
Pronouns: she/her

gif credit crowfest
gif credit moonchair

Moderator note: Guidelines for discussing Interactive Introverts

General opinions and discussions of the show belong into the main thread, but please be considerate of other users and use spoiler tags for aspects of the show that will be part of each performance.

Full show reviews belong in the Interactive Introverts subforum, where there is a thread for each show. No need for spoiler tags!

Meet & Greet pictures and stories can be posted in the main thread, but cross-posting in the side thread for the particular show is great for archiving!

Please be aware that some things may be "spoiled" in the main thread despite everyone's best efforts.
"If you're left-handed, ask a friend."
"Why am I left-handed?"
"Everybody makes mistakes."
starwatersong
phabergé

:RE: Montréal

Dropped a premium message to ask, but the money got returned. Lots of chanting from various people in the chat about it — they must still be waiting for stuff to iron out, so there was no mention. :roll:
Loafer
sofa crease

So I'm half asleep but (like many others here apparently) I've been dwelling on how dnp's flat/duplex/housing situation is laid out. Since I ended up messily doodling what we have seen so far, I thought I might as well share and see if there was anything I missed!

Drawings very obviously done by someone with no architecture experience whatsoever because lol what is scale.

I'm realizing that I labeled places based on what I remembered them by, so hopefully it's relatively clear what I mean...

Upper Floor

TV, gray sofas, kitchen, white dining table, possibly skylight? Stair going down.

Downstairs from upper floor

Main entrance, moon room, mystery room (likely another bedroom. No, I don't think Phil sleeps there, it's most likely used for storage or as a guest room)

"filming flat"

Located on the first floor of the building, likely opens up to a courtyard, from what we've seen. Contains AP room, gaming room, empty kitchen, slounge, and the dinof filming area (behind the roll-y glass door)

alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:22 - Dan gives Phil the finger of Don't.
:55 - Phil tells Dan what to say and he says it exactly.
1:14 - Conversation about whether Phil is "allowed" to say 'it's time to dip' or not.
1:48 - The last Dan-slash-and-or-Phil livestream for a while.
2:09 - "It was more of a Buffy reference, that."
2:16 - The Buffy metaphor gets away from Dan a bit.
2:26 - They ordered pizza in celebration and it's on the way.
2:57 - Dan says six months, then corrects himself and says "four and a half."
3:12 - They're gonna go naked and get arrested instantly.
3:17 - Dan's just gonna wear merch all the time so he doesn't have to do laundry.
4:05 - Spon about the show/it being interactive. "Live decisions" in addition to stuff submitted online.
5:58 - "We are really letting people say what they want." Phil laughing while Dan says that and then Dan turning to look at Phil. The positions they're in are great for Dan looking over and slightly up at Phil in a nice way.
6:41 - They talk about how Phil is straddling Dan's piano stool.
6:50 - "If you slip and break my piano, I will..." and Phil is offended that Dan is worried about the piano and not him.
7:48 - Phil boops us on the nose.
8:11 - Dan is impressed by how in sync they are.
8:47 - They talk about Phil cursing; he didn't know the question was coming "until Dan pounced it on me." Dan: "We had like - that was a real argument we had there."
9:14 - Dan defends himself against people who were upset or thought Phil was peer pressured.
9:33 - Phil jumps in and agrees that he is filthy.
10:14 - The show is PG-13. Mild banter and maybe a couple accidental innuendos.
10:48 - Phil: "Us in a live situation - like this one - is always slightly unpredictable.
12:07 - Phil talks about how he could have broken dan's neck with his thighs.
12:16 - They borrowed a friend's puppy thinking it was a tiny dog and it was a three month old golden labrador: massive and hyperactive.
13:39 - Phil feels like a grandad because he doesn't know how to do instagram stories. Dan's description of them leads me to believe Bryony's are actually the only instagram stories he has ever seen. (Phil's fear of accidentally livestreaming himself or posting something without being aware of it is REAL.)
14:20 - Talking about reacting to pinof 1; Dan starts to say he looked so young then changed it and said weird instead.
14:28 - Discussing their voices/accents having changed; Dan speaks with more confidence now, Phil's accent has been gentrified.
14:35 - Phil looks at Dan and says "When I met you-" and there's no real reason for me to react with a giddy noise and yet I do.
15:07 - I like Dan's expression when he asks Phil, "Which one?" about the plants. Actually, the whole conversation about plants is great.
16:36 - Discussion about singing; Dan thinks singing in his "man voice" is better for comedy.
16:58 - They're worried for people's suggestions, but that's the point.
17:11 - Phil saying "nipple" loudly then asking Dan where the nips are and then reporting to us that he can see the nips.
17:35 - Thor trouser spotlight issues from TATINOF. Dan points out that it's a good thing Phil soundchecked.
18:33 - The gaming channel will continue; they come back through London a couple times, they're going to film a couple series. Phil wants to do apps on the road.
19:25 - Spoiler discussion; Phil says this show will be different each night. Dan says it's less about what happens in the show and more about what happened in YOUR show.
20:18 - Phil wants to sneak peak some merch and tries to pass it to Dan, Dan refuses because watching Phil try is hilarious.
20:56 - Are they still going to make normal videos? Dan just laughs. Phil says they're taking the cameras. "Rumor has it, we might be doing a few more liveshows on tour as well." "Liveshows aren't stopping even if they evolve." "They might be changing."
21:41 - Will they ever go on tour again? Probably not. (Dan wants to bury himself in an airtight coffin after tour. Then looks at Phil and says, "Metaphorically."
21:59 - Intensely fond look from Dan to Phil when he starts to talk about how the tour started out as a "quest to Manila" and ended up being a whole world tour.
22:45 - Dan's phone falling off the stairway story. (In his story about his previous phone that broke he says he was sitting on his mum's floor.)
24:32 - Romper
24:48 - Santa Clarita Diet. Phil loves Drew Barrymore. He's drawn to her as a person.
25:11 - Riverdale is "an effing mess" according to Phil. (But he can't get enough of it.)
25:40 - Westworld
26:01 - Love Simon; they're saving it for a plane. (Dan mimes himself crying on a plane and cracks Phil up slightly.)
26:54 - Dan's proud little smile at saying he can translate Phil.
28:00 - Phil says he just remembered his dream; Dan's response is, "Which one?" Dream: him and dan walking through manchester in a park (just after ditl) then the queen's guard started walking either side of them (three other people there as well) all of a sudden on a golden chariot the queen comes zooming towards them then him and dan have to dive out of the way onto the floor and the queen almost runs them over, her chariot goes sideways, she stops and gets out, and she starts shaking hands, gets to phil goes to shake his hand and then she pulls her hand back.
29:59 - [Dan, you look so Done with Phil.] Dan: "Not specifically Phil." and then Phil goes ultra cute talking about them spending time together on a bus.
31:12 - Dan and Evan will continue on tour.
31:22 - Capitalester isn't bothered about the kiss; he's excited about how much they can buy.
31:32 - Dan says maybe they can finally get those floor to ceiling windows.
31:55 - Talking about visiting Manchester.
32:36 - Dan yawning
32:49 - Phil and his carsickness; wants podcast requests.
34:00 - What's on content wise after the tour? pinof 10 is the only thing he says.
34:20 - Ariana single. Phil: I like it. Dan: [talks for a minute straight]
35:24 - Reminiscing about when they met Ariana.
37:00 - II trailer now that the set's built. They'll be filming "some things" at the first few shows when they go on the road.
37:23 - Phil scolds people for not watching his video.
37:51 - Onscreen squabble about if they should talk about the pop up shops or not. (Phil is very excited. Dan seems less so.)
39:40 - Phil doesn't know which dogs he allergic to and which ones he aren't; the lab made him sniffy but that won't stop him having a dog.
40:37 - Dan sings a bit and then Phil joins and they have a moment about how Phil is singing the John Cena song and didn't realize.
41:30 - They are coming back and nothing's changing.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Oh boy are we at floor plans? I’ll put my running sketch under a spoiler because I know some people aren’t fans of flat discourse (and thats ok!)

Not pictured- AmazingPhil room, gaming room & adjacent bathroom. (I have imagined these all in one hallway to the left of the slounge.)
Edit: Just specifying my useless arrows aren't directing stairs to balcony, but stairs to stairs.
forgive my tiny writing
Last edited by sonicgreen on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
dailybooth
glabella
Pronouns: She/Her

Gosh I have missed joint liveshows!

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 am 26:54 - Dan's proud little smile at saying he can translate Phil.
This moment was just really cute,
alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 am 37:51 - Onscreen squabble about if they should talk about the pop up shops or not. (Phil is very excited. Dan seems less so.)
This moment I found really interesting, its always interesting when we get a a little peek into them talking things out, esp. such business related things. My guess to as why Dan wasn't as hyped about it as Phil was his general adversion to #spon and his "buy mercy if you want! No pressure!" attitude.

Another moment that made me laugh was Phil dragging Dan for his piano/ls corner being dusty. Makes me wonder how they split up chores around the flat(s). I can't imagine Mr. and Mr. Privacy hire maids/cleaning services even tho they could obviously afford it.
:lion: :prideflag:
apathy
sad dimple

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 am 9:33 - Phil jumps in and agrees that he is filthy.
I first thought he was making a "Philthy" pun since he immediately said "not really" and laughed. If he wasn't then he should have, I'm disappointed.
That's my socializing quota for the month up.
kindofatrashcan
pumpkin spice pumpkin cookie
Pronouns: She/Her

dailybooth wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:13 am Another moment that made me laugh was Phil dragging Dan for his piano/ls corner being dusty. Makes me wonder how they split up chores around the flat(s). I can't imagine Mr. and Mr. Privacy hire maids/cleaning services even tho they could obviously afford it.
I've always wondered about that.

I really really loved the liveshow! They seem so happy and eager to start the tour.
scientia
phabergé

alittledizzy wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:27 am 21:41 - Will they ever go on tour again? Probably not. (Dan wants to bury himself in an airtight coffin after tour. Then looks at Phil and says, "Metaphorically."
Idk, I just found the "I just mean Metaphorically" explanation to Phil interesting...it's not like Dan often spends time clarifying his ~I love death~ jokes, especially directly to Phil.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm so excited for this tour to start! It's felt so far away for so long but now it's finally here. I can't wait for the m&g pictures, the reviews, their instastories, seing how they manage to keep their channels alive, cute outings to zoos and museums and landmarks all over the world. Bring on the era of TIIT :yippee:
JustMe
living flop
Pronouns: She/her

Can anyone make out what Dan said after the 'take care of yourself and eachother' message? Phil starts talking as well and I just can't make out what Dan's saying.

Also any quesses as to the 'added feature' to Dan's show jeans? crotch slapper
~ I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart ~
Stakhanov
haru pillow
Pronouns: he / him

Don't have a chance to rewatch now but to Dan's show jeans, i'm expecting something like lined pockets that have a fluorescent strip / emit light similar to the shoes he showed off in the last tour.
Phil described them as "butt lights", which will go nicely with the crotch slapper. Fashion, baby ;-)
Finding my own inarticulate prose
Weirding out strangers and laughing at those
Jaundiced and jaded, postured and posed
Not that we’re special it’s just that we’re
Closing in on a place where we might get to be
Living real people regularly
knq
lava lamp

JustMe wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 am Can anyone make out what Dan said after the 'take care of yourself and eachother' message? Phil starts talking as well and I just can't make out what Dan's saying.

Also any quesses as to the 'added feature' to Dan's show jeans? crotch slapper
I hear ‘I give that like 3 weeks’ which is in line with his comment about Phil confronting him ‘sometime this summer.’ Dan seems wary of the stress of spending a long time traveling and working. I hope they end up having a lot of fun too.

Also wanted to ask: thoughts on what series they might do on the gaming channel? They said there were a couple games people have always been telling them to play. What might those be?

I thought Instagram stories were like short videos. :( Are they not videos, guys? Dan described them as text and emojis.
kavat
pastel persona

watsonian wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 am
I thought Instagram stories were like short videos. :( Are they not videos, guys? Dan described them as text and emojis.
It can be both. You can do 10 second videos with filters and effects, or boomerangs, or pictures with text and stickers. When Dan did it that one time when it launched he did both pictures and videos. Each one is up for 24h but you can save them as collection on your profile if you want them to stay.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

Not going to mince my words: I hate that they are forcing me to get an instagram and that they see instagram "stories" as a legitimate way to keep us up to date. 10 seconds video's don't give me anything meaningful. Text and stickers? Can it get any more superficial? I'm sure they can do some funny things with It, but it gives none of (the behind the scenes) content i'd like them to give us and which Phil talked about. I'm expecting something more than the occasional IG photo.
In my opinion this doesn't give us much real content and it offers them to much of an excuse to replace what could have been an actual vlog. I hope they are still trying to be vloggers or make sketches (that last longer than a couple of secs).

All in all though it was good to hear their claim on the liveshow that "nothing is going to change" and that they will be taking the camera's with them, and might do liveshows and generally would be "making content". Because it's far from everybody that's got a chance to see them. Even if you go to their show, there's still months where their schedule will be all about doing the world tour and you just have to hope that they don't forget about fostering the connection with their audience at large.
LtrllySusan
lava lamp

Stakhanov wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:39 am Not going to mince my words: I hate that they are forcing me to get an instagram [...]
I am pretty sure that updatedphan will be putting them on twitter!
Does anyone know their spoiler policy btw? I might have to unfollow until I've seen the show.
Stakhanov
haru pillow

First story is out. It instantly appeared on my twitter feed. :number1: everywhere :lol:

I don't remember updatedphan spoiling anything about their previous tour. They were fast with the meet&greet photo's and such, but i don't think they ever linked to in-theater vids or something. It might depend on how broad you definition of "spoilers" is though.
dancy
procrastinator

And no one got a notification, get your shit together Instagram!
onceinaugust
rainbow nerd

Do we think they're going to continue with their normal distribution of daily content (ie, one tweets one day, the other tweets the next when there are no videos) with the IG stories? Or is there a chance we'll actually get two at once?
"You loved it, you want to do it more."
"Alright"
dancy
procrastinator

And here's Phil. Does anyone know if story notifications do usually work?
liola
rankussy

Look I'm just loving it already, we get something actually live, there's a level of domesticity in there and if by the end of the day they haven't taken videos of each other packing i'll eat my own foot
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
annabanana
sofa crease

i'm wondering how they are going to do the "live decisions." tbh i really hope it is not which one gets the loudest scream like during tatinof fanfic. i know there are a bunch of apps/websites that can do on-the-spot polls. maybe they would use something like that especially because they have the huge screen?
Have a red velvet cupcake and for fucks sake, dip some toast in your soup. Bye.
liola
rankussy

Phil posting a random selfie with glasses and quiff i'm sorry insta stories already win for me and I can't post it on mobile damn it
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
dancy
procrastinator

I got notifs this time!
annabanana wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:22 am i'm wondering how they are going to do the "live decisions." tbh i really hope it is not which one gets the loudest scream like during tatinof fanfic. i know there are a bunch of apps/websites that can do on-the-spot polls. maybe they would use something like that especially because they have the huge screen?
It says on the website that all electronic devices need to be turned off, so I don't think they will use an app/website. I hope they won't do screaming either because my poor ears won't be able to handle that. I've seen people here suggesting they might use paddles?
autumnhearth
senpai

For a second there I thought Dan was going to say, “why don’t I show you around?” lol. I have no idea how to view stories in my browser, but in the app if I just click on Dan’s bubble his story starts playing, with a picture of his suitcase following the vid, Phil’s robot spider and the a pic of Phil in a car with a horrible edit over his mouth and a caption about the driver talking about football. And I’m just really chuffed that their stories just flow together. The one thing the app is actually good at, because the photo quality on it is actually shit compared to the web version. Oh yay someone added the pics, cheers! Good to know he stands behind that cringe tween backpack. Any idea what that bit of copper might be in his suitcase? Expensive skin care product? Scented candle? Exotic lube? And what pillow will Phil be bringing? Will it have the AP bedding case on it? Or will it be a complimenting light grey to Dan’s charcoal one? Sorry apparently I’m a demon this morning.