Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

ratlad wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 am
KatjaZoe wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:59 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm
I don’t know how or why he’s feeling moist but damn those collar bones.
why is his face tanner than his neck? I noticed this in another pic recently too, but now I can't remember which one. Regardless, ugh he's so attractive its really not fair. Phil looking amazing (lol) too in the Poundland pics.
did he get his makeup done before heading off to the stage and m&g? he doesn't have eye bags (no shade) but if he did get his face done, then he should either get new foundation because that shit has been oxidized or he should fire their makeup artist.
maybe he's just gotten a tan while wearing a turtleneck?
Isn’t it pretty normal to get tanned on your face and not your neck? I know I am just from being out in the sun for the last few days.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus
Pronouns: she/her

lilabet wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 am
ratlad wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 am
KatjaZoe wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:59 pm
autumnhearth wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm
I don’t know how or why he’s feeling moist but damn those collar bones.
why is his face tanner than his neck? I noticed this in another pic recently too, but now I can't remember which one. Regardless, ugh he's so attractive its really not fair. Phil looking amazing (lol) too in the Poundland pics.
did he get his makeup done before heading off to the stage and m&g? he doesn't have eye bags (no shade) but if he did get his face done, then he should either get new foundation because that shit has been oxidized or he should fire their makeup artist.
maybe he's just gotten a tan while wearing a turtleneck?
Isn’t it pretty normal to get tanned on your face and not your neck? I know I am just from being out in the sun for the last few days.
nah dan wears makeup on his own and has done for at least a few years now, so it wouldn't be for the show. i know from my own phone it shows up more contrasty in the camera than in person, but it's possible he isn't in the practise of powdering down his neck. i don't think he desperately needs to, he looks nice there.

that collarbone though. oof. love that the delicate collarbone confidence is back! they're really feeling themselves in different ways, lately. fabulous shots of phil. it makes me think that in the past it wasn't (as people theorised) that dan didn't take photos of phil the way phil does of him, but what phil was exuding in those photos and/or whether he wanted them shared or not.

stage fall not good...hope there are no actual dangerous depths to fall but even with low difference you can twist an ankle pretty good stepping the wrong way.
missemma wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:51 pm also, love that deppy seem to be listening to a bit of metal whilst getting ready for the m&g. i noticed that the gorgeous lady who modelled dan's merch (who dan said worked for them) is into some really good music so I hope she's been educating them both :lol:
i enjoyed what they were listening to too, though i didn't recognise. dan listens to heavier music though doesn't he? phil called it his 'angry shouty music' on the radioshow. i hope he's bonded with that girl over it, that's a cute image of them swapping recommendations.
art in avatar by lily
honeybee
squish

Grey wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:18 am Sorry to interrupt conversations for this. Does anyone have suggestions for good first videos to show someone of Dan and Phil? (Maybe a little tame on the sexual innuendos) Either on their main channels or gaming channel?
How do you “introduce” Dan and Phil to someone?
I remember showing my dad the easter chocolate nests vid. The one time Dan swears is bleeped and it's a bit more wholesomeTM (since it's on Phil's channel). And I feel like baking is a bit more approachable/normal as an intro if you don't know much about deppy. And it has a special place in my heart bc it's the first vid they uploaded after I started watching them lol.
somethingsketchy
janice from the shop

I hope :deppy: upload tomorrow and not today or on Thursday because I want to watch Eurovision semifinals uninterrupted. :please:
autumnhearth
senpai

I’m not really a makeup wearing person, but could he be wearing tinted moisturizer? What with the caption and folks’ various complaints about blending, oxidation and whatnot. (I need to go out and get some myself as the moisturizer with spf I recently bought apparently has zinc in it and is doing that white clumping thing that natural sunscreens do. I figure maybe if I blend the two... or it could just end up a mess.)
obsessivelymoody
emo goose

I mean, I agree with the sentiment completely and this tweet truly embodies how dramatic Dan is
Grey
lady door

Thank you to the people who gave suggestions of good first videos.
I ended up going with Dan and Phil Crafts because I think that series shows off one of the reasons I like Phil especially. Also Dan Bahamas. And a bomb one. I ended up re-watching a bunch of videos to decide and it was a great time. Phil’s gym story is a good one too but I decided it was too gross for a first video. (His description of almost fainting is too real... I know that exact feeling).
Nothing new to add about anything. I really do love Instagram stories so much. And Phil looks phenomenal in that pound land photo. <3
I'm having a stress.
human
dan hand trash

obsessivelymoody wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:17 pm I mean, I agree with the sentiment completely and this tweet truly embodies how dramatic Dan is
LOLZ. Oh I adore this kid haha someone get him a blimin’ invite, plz.
flarequake
not an airport stalker
Pronouns: She/her

I hope the fan artists are getting on that outfit cos damn, it sounds amazing (not that artists are here for our bidding, but still I'd love to see it). He does have quite an imagination.
kavat
pastel persona

Bless Hector
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Hector delivered. 10/10
Phantasy
woodland creature

kavat wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 pm Bless Hector
Magnificent. (I'm half-surprised the unicorn wasn't Phil)
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

:onfire: :cactus: :onfire: vote for the next thread name or the cactus turns into one crispy dude :onfire: :cactus: :onfire:

(Also small psa that I have not heard from anyone going to the Newcastle show today, so as of right now there will not be show notes/transcripts for today.)
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:42 pm :onfire: :cactus: :onfire: vote for the next thread name or the cactus turns into one crispy dude :onfire: :cactus: :onfire:

(Also small psa that I have not heard from anyone going to the Newcastle show today, so as of right now there will not be show notes/transcripts for today.)
If updatedphan wasn't followed by insiders I'd suggest to ask them to tweet about it which would def give yout lots of options, but I don't think that's safe sadly
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
sparkle
blobfish

mermaid blood wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:32 am nah dan wears makeup on his own and has done for at least a few years now, so it wouldn't be for the show. i know from my own phone it shows up more contrasty in the camera than in person, but it's possible he isn't in the practise of powdering down his neck. i don't think he desperately needs to, he looks nice there.
does he? I had no idea.

(though this is coming from someone who's primary interest in makeup is in how many weird shades of lipstick she can own so....)
:sparkle: dan howell gives me life :sparkle:
don't waste your time
or time will waste you
:sparkle:
dancy
procrastinator

kavat wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:14 pm Bless Hector
God, I would do anything to see Dan actually wearing that.

Y'know, I found the discussion around D&P as parents and Louise quite interesting but I noticed something now that I've rewatched the pregnancy terminology video. In that video she says she'd pick Dan to be her doula because she believes he would stay calm whereas Phil wouldn't and they both agreed with her. Fast-forward six months, she's decided that Dan would be the one to freak out and leave and thus Phil would be the better babysitter. I dunno if anything in particular made her change her mind or whether she just didn't really put a lot of thought to it :shrug:
lilabet
philussy
Pronouns: She/Her

@alittledizzy you could maybe message the people posting VIP picture today on twitter? You should be able to find them via meeting phan. Just a thought.
Phandom Gives
@phandomgives on social media. Check out the website for the latest information and current donation drive! <3
autumnhearth
senpai

I take back anything I’ve ever said about Dan singing, that was painful. +1 on the reference though and the river is pretty.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

n'awwwww, cuteness
sugar
eclipse shirt
Pronouns: they/them

they’re so...married.

anyway, after watching a lot of m&g videos....i seriously want to tell dan that he’s not required to hug people. he looks so uncomfortable every time and it makes me feel awkward as a result. plenty of musicians who do meet and greets don’t allow hugs, he’d be well within his rights to say he doesn’t want to do that anymore. :shrug:
liola
rankussy

alittledizzy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:06 pm n'awwwww, cuteness
Oh my god what it is about this particular picture that made my heart clench with a feeling of soft boyfriends? Is it the relaxed smiles? The soft black and white aesthetic? I don't know but god instagram stories are being so good to us

EDIT: oh I figured out what is about this picture. Phil's soft smile and eyes and the monochrome aesthetic remind me of the blessed Singapore selfie. That's what it is
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor
rizzo
unduly facetious
unduly facetious

I want, nay, NEED to talk about this.

Phil saying Dan's a storm is a lot. Is this just branding? Is it Phil jotting something funny down because Dan wears a lot of black? Or is it genuinely because Dan's an emotional dude with lots of loud feelings?

Also, Dan saying Phil's emo hair is his best feature gives credence to the theory that Phil's delayed quiff was all Dan's fault. :x

To the person who got these signed: brilliant.
autumnhearth
senpai

It’s about damn time we got a joint selfie.

Ooo those Truth Bombs. I like the storm answer, feels appropriate. The emo hair... is that some kind of subtle shade that Phil doesn’t have a best feature now? I mean, I wouldn’t blame him for not wanting to answer the question honestly. But Dan said he always wanted Phil’s hair on his head, so maybe there’s some truth there.
knq
lava lamp

Those truth bombs. I would be writing an essay on them if I weren't leaving for class, so I'll just say: Dan Howell will politely enforce his strangely shaped, unusually high boundaries to the death and look good doing it. I love one (1) nerd.
kavat
pastel persona

I'm hoping that by "emo hair" he just means the black hair and not the fringe, because that would make me seriously question his taste. I don't think I've seen anyone prefer the fringe since the change happened. Phil saying that Dan is like a storm is... A lot. If it was just branding he could have said rain, that's sad and dark. But no, he chose storm that's wild and loud and energetic, because there's just so much more to Dan than just sadness and exterior darkness.

I'm probably overthinking an answer that he gave 0.5 seconds of thought but it's just so much fun :thumb: