Dan & Phil Part 70: giving the people what they want

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie
Pronouns: she/her

Catallena wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:34 am
alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:08 am This is a company sponsoring them so I'm feeling like the livestreams we get while they're on tour might be through this app? I mean... knowing they're locked into a contract in exchange for tour sponsorship might be the guarantee we need that they'll go live on a regular basis, lmao.
Few posts above you~

I'm amused, like last tour we were all wondering what YouNow thought about two of their most popular streamers just leaving the platform for a few months to tour, and now for the second tour they're sponsoring it in the hope D&P will make their new flop app a thing.

I'm having flashbacks to the last time D&P were trying to get us to join a platform... Popjam anyone? :thumb:
You know, I saw the posts like five minutes after I made the post, but I decided to live with my repetitive mistake, lmfao. I actually check the last page and didn't see it there and somehow never actually checked the page I was posting on.

I don't have faith that Dan and Phil will make their app a success but seriously if it gets us liveshows during tour then, go for it, guys.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

flarequake wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:22 am Lol, declaring public love for pitta bread. Brilliant.

bb could also stand for bye bye so “thank you, love you, bye bye, gonna go eat now”. Pretty sure he’s addressing us with all of that, anyway. He looks hella cute in his jimjams as usual.

Had a lovely day, so glad the tube runs later than I thought since I actually forgot to check, the train went slowly and the show finished late. I’ll see if I can write up some stuff.
ratlad wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:34 am assuming it's anything BUT "baby", what does it mean? I've never seen someone say "bye bye" like that, cause when you say "bb" out loud, it sounds like "baby"
could "bb" mean something like... Brighton? something?
i think he meant baby, but it could have been to the food so idk. it's still cute regardless, maybe it's to the food and the Phil.

ahh dang, bye bye actually sounds more logical bUT A GIRL CAN DREAM
"you are next to me in my life"
dancy
procrastinator

Hmm, I haven't read any spoilers yet but now I feel like I kinda have to to know whether I'm gonna cringe at any parts or not... I've seen a lot of good reactions on Twitter though and it does make me happy to know people have enjoyed themselves!

I'm pretty sure Dan just thinks bb means "bye bye", even though I've seen it mostly being used as "baby".
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

dancy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:42 am Hmm, I haven't read any spoilers yet but now I feel like I kinda have to to know whether I'm gonna cringe at any parts or not... I've seen a lot of good reactions on Twitter though and it does make me happy to know people have enjoyed themselves!

I'm pretty sure Dan just thinks bb means "bye bye", even though I've seen it mostly being used as "baby".
I basically said this on tumblr but I don't think he thinks it means bye bye; ggbb is a gaming thing, and the tweet you're talking about specifically was about a game thing so the reference made sense there. In reference to his ig story 'bb' makes me sense because it's paired with something kind of mushy and sweet (ty ly) and 'bb = baby' just fits better.
sonicgreen
woodland creature

TY LY BB
my demon ass reads that as: ily phil thanks for feeding me. dan knows eXactly what he’s doing. love the pj’s.
dancy
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:50 am
dancy wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:42 am Hmm, I haven't read any spoilers yet but now I feel like I kinda have to to know whether I'm gonna cringe at any parts or not... I've seen a lot of good reactions on Twitter though and it does make me happy to know people have enjoyed themselves!

I basically said this on tumblr but I don't think he thinks it means bye bye; ggbb is a gaming thing, and the tweet you're talking about specifically was about a game thing so the reference made sense there. In reference to his ig story 'bb' makes me sense because it's paired with something kind of mushy and sweet (ty ly) and 'bb = baby' just fits better.
I assume he thinks bb means bye bye then because of that term but ggbb is used at the end of a game and thus doesn't really have much to do with the context of the tweet. Personally I think him saying "thank you love you bye bye" to his audience makes a lot more sense in this case than saying "thank you love you baby" to either his audience or Phil (and I'm not saying that as an anti) :shrug:
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

sonicgreen wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:54 am TY LY BB
my demon ass reads that as: ily phil thanks for feeding me. dan knows eXactly what he’s doing. love the pj’s.
:tu:

(dancy i don't mean to ignore your post with this i'm just out of arguments; i love the insta story, i'm positive he just meant a mushy cutesy thing with it, and i don't feel like overanalyzing it debate style and detracting from the cute. just gonna enjoy the love tonight.)
huphilpuffs
crusty sponge

re: the insta post. i get the point that dan's probably more like to say "bye bye" on an insta story than he is to call phil baby. and that he's used bb in that context before. but dan also spends a lot of his time online and is it really plausible that he doesn't know what else bb means (and most frequently means). bb to mean baby isn't an obscure usage (the way bb for bye bye is, as someone who has never seen that until today). idk it seems to me like it's really unlikely that he could have said that without some knowledge of how people would interpret that. and since he did post it, it seems most plausible that he either meant baby or was, at least, comfortable with people thinking he did.

either way the picture is adorable and I'm super proud of them and today has been very <3
who met each other on the internet and created this entire world
aleanna
glabella

I mean, Phil should know what 'bb' means unless he forgot.

Edit: According to interneslang.com (lolwhut) says the definition of 'bb' is "Big Brother" or "Be Back." So obviously, Dan is calling Phil his big brother. Totally platonic! :rofl:
Check out my YouTube channel where I post badly edited vlog-things: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4MzLr ... nRQQMRpp6A
autumnhearth
senpai

No, no guys. Google clearly tells me that ‘ly bb’ means ‘last year being broke(n)’ as in this tour is going make them all the money and cure their depression and anxiety. Or Dan really wants to thank his *new* fave hip hop group, not Brockhampton. What do mean there’s no space? Have a good night all!
knq
lava lamp

Welp, I'm relieved to see beds aren't going to be the detail fandom analyzes every night. That would have gotten boring. ;)

I'm boring so: They appear to have moved to a new hotel. Different headboard. Zero stars on Phil Adviser indeed.
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

watsonian wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:35 am Welp, I'm relieved to see beds aren't going to be the detail fandom analyzes every night. That would have gotten boring. ;)

I'm boring so: They appear to have moved to a new hotel. Different headboard. Zero stars on Phil Adviser indeed.
Is it a different headboard?? I thought it was the same one.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

watsonian wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:35 am Welp, I'm relieved to see beds aren't going to be the detail fandom analyzes every night. That would have gotten boring. ;)

same, the bed discourse got too chaotic in like 5 seconds but the ty ly bb got me cackling for longer
but interesting observation there, i never really looked at it closely cz the headboards are both wood? idk maybe the lighting made a difference,

OR

maybe they moved to a hotel with better room service for phils evening sausages lol
"you are next to me in my life"
knq
lava lamp

I submit the following evidence to the court!

40 seconds into the above video, notice the white wall visible above Daniel's headboard when he appears to be at least partially reclined.

Then:
obsessivelymoody wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:49 pm listen, I don't know if this is me being a demon and reading into this too much but "ty ly bb"??? Regardless of that, I'm glad the cat nightshirt has made a return, and I'm glad that they're feeling good!
Notice that one Daniel James Howell (alias Howard) it sitting cross-legged on the bed, but the headboard towers over him. Notice, also, the newly present white lines between the slats of said headboard.

I believe the evidence speaks for itself, gentlehumans. *smacks gavel*
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

Oooh @watsonian you are totally right! Excellent presentation, excellent.

And I think @ame is right as well. They moved to rectify Phil's sausage needs.
omgjo
smol bean

Anyone who went yesterday - firstly I hoped you all had a good time!!

I love a spoiler so have been reading them all haha.

I've just got a question - I'm going to the Liverpool show alone but feel at 29 (and heavily pregnant haha) that I'm going to look ancient compared to everyone else! Were there plenty of other non-teenagers there?
so_cheesy
butt chair

Pamivia wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:50 am
ratlad wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:11 am TY
LY
BB
:happytears:
I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I understand what "ty ly bb" means? Is it "thank you love you.."? Could someone please help me out? I don't know what "bb" stands for :lol:
“thank you love you baby”

:philtrash:
Sunshine
phillion/danosaur <//3

omgjo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 am Anyone who went yesterday - firstly I hoped you all had a good time!!

I've just got a question - I'm going to the Liverpool show alone but feel at 29 (and heavily pregnant haha) that I'm going to look ancient compared to everyone else! Were there plenty of other non-teenagers there?

I’m 40 and going alone to Liverpool! I also fear looking ancient. I might make up some flimsy excuse about nieces I don’t have in the better seats.....
omgjo
smol bean

Sunshine wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:31 am
omgjo wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:50 am Anyone who went yesterday - firstly I hoped you all had a good time!!

I’m 40 and going alone to Liverpool! I also fear looking ancient. I might make up some flimsy excuse about nieces I don’t have in the better seats.....
Hahahaha I thought the same if I end up sitting next to a parent!! I'm sure we won't be the only ones! I'm going to the afternoon show so will probs just sneak in and out without loitering around too much first!
missemma
#teamshavedsides
#teamshavedsides

They definitely did move hotels but I think because the first one from their first stories was nearer to where they did their production rehearsals with a full set and wasn’t actually in Brighton. I think they switched on the Friday hence why they were spotted on the Friday evening.

Not sure it would be worth moving for one night, especially since they have a day off today and may probably go home since MIlton Keynes is like a 45 minutes drive from London.
:prideheart: :gayaf: :prideheart:
kavat
pastel persona

I don't care if he ment it to be directed to us or to Phil or the souvlaki, ty ly bb is a very cute thing either way. Calling the tour the time of his life makes me so soft :love2:
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

oh wow i didn't even realise people were interpreting that as being toward phil, that's a way funner way of looking at it, lol. i just saw he was being mushy at us the audience because the show went so well ("bloody amazing") and he's on a high. i imagine there were tremendous nerves beforehand about how the format and everything would be received and set the tone for the rest of the tour.

i can't stop replaying the 'that's very crotchy' clip and putting his legs up in the air - what does he start singing before phil cuts him off, does anyone know? i will never get tired of the presenting to the camera. :lol:
art in avatar by lily
CallOfTheCurlew
smol bean

mermaid blood wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:29 am i can't stop replaying the 'that's very crotchy' clip and putting his legs up in the air - what does he start singing before phil cuts him off, does anyone know? i will never get tired of the presenting to the camera. :lol:
It's the famous "show me that danussy" song that seems to follow them wherever they go :) I can't stop watching it either. They're so happy and sweet.
"Muahaha... the chicken has the bear now."
"I am the chicken and I am the king of this blimp."
"Ooh it's the chicken, watch out for your... life!"
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

KayleePaige wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:35 am
mermaid blood wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:29 am i can't stop replaying the 'that's very crotchy' clip and putting his legs up in the air - what does he start singing before phil cuts him off, does anyone know? i will never get tired of the presenting to the camera. :lol:
It's the famous "show me that danussy" song that seems to follow them wherever they go :) I can't stop watching it either. They're so happy and sweet.
OH! i hear it now, thank you. wow. dan. wow.

what a saucy little brat :lol:
art in avatar by lily
blackdenim
procrastinator

Hiiiii just popping in to say that I had the time of my life yesterday. The M&G was fun (but quick!), the show was... not what I was expecting, but good. Am excited to see another iteration of it in London to see how different it really is. The highlight was meeting people from here tbh you were all very lovely.

(Also getting drunk in the interval and talking to the 18 year olds next to me about how happy it made me to see kids singing along to Welcome to the Black Parade, and how I used to go see MCR in like 2005. That was a highlight, especially since they then told me I looked like I was in my early 20's)

EDIT: Taken out my offer of a VIP goodie bag sorry!
Last edited by blackdenim on Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.