Dan & Phil Part 71: ty ly bb

Our two favourite full time internet nerds who never go outside!
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

New story complete with Dan giggle.
annoying dog
crusty sponge

I laughed so hard near the end of that video I might have teared up a bit
:sleepypuppy:
ratlad
angel bean
Pronouns: he/him

nice viddy, the beginning when dan was speaking as if him and phil were one whole being, playing against their sneaky board game cheating friends, was a very cute moment. power couple, truly.

also i didn't quite catch the laugh track? i was eating dry cereal so my loud crunching probably drowned out the sound.
edit:
oh, pfft i just re watched that part, that was definitely a 'taking the piss' laugh track lmao
also the thing dan added to his story, watching the alien probing part and laughing. silly boyfriends.
:daddy: :laptoprat: me irl
Birdie
blobfish
Pronouns: they/them

Okay, my little Titanic loving heart is very insulted right now. It did not sink in the 20s, Dan. It was not a piece of door, Phil. Shaking my head. (this is obviously a joke, don't take me seriously.)

I really liked the video, so funny. :D I was in tears by the time the blow up doll came up and it only got better from there. By the way, did they play this before? I have this vague memory of them playing this game or a very similar one a few years ago.
obsessivelymoody
emo goose
Pronouns: she/her

Katka wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:50 pm Okay, my little Titanic loving heart is very insulted right now. It did not sink in the 20s, Dan. It was not a piece of door, Phil. Shaking my head. (this is obviously a joke, don't take me seriously.)

I really liked the video, so funny. :D I was in tears by the time the blow up doll came up and it only got better from there. By the way, did they play this before? I have this vague memory of them playing this game or a very similar one a few years ago.
they played it with Cat a few years ago
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

I only managed to watch about 2 minutes of that before Cat annoyed me too much to continue, but it's nice to see 'Phil's Intrusive Thoughts' as mentioned in the latest 'Would You Press the Button' appearing here as well. :)

ETA: Changing topics, but Eurovision is on Saturday and we know they're fans. I do hope that brings with it some domestic/outraged/lol worthy Instagram stories. :corn:
twotwelveam
smol bean

omg the editing in this new video. they must have gotten an editor for tour, there were so many more jumpcuts and pictures added in and the laughtracks. how do you guys feel about it?
milky milky coco puffs
ratlad
angel bean

twotwelveam wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 pm omg the editing in this new video. they must have gotten an editor for tour, there were so many more jumpcuts and pictures added in and the laughtracks. how do you guys feel about it?
it could have just been shortened to edit it easier, i don't see anything different in the editing. they're allowed to change it up a bit each time, it still seems like their humor. i'm not sold. besides, where's the credits?
edit: i just realized i probably sound cold, i'm sorry. i'm not, i promise!
alien
procrastinator

I can't be the only one who saw the flaw in Phil's answer in the final scenario. Under cut because maybe gross?
After a laxative he'd be completely cleaned out and more ready for the alien probing lol
I loved the video, gonna rewatch immediately and I'm just gonna echo everyone else who has commented lately about how relaxed they've been. It's very refreshing.

And I hope I see fanart involving Phil's new husband Butch tbh.
hello9217
flower crown

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:11 pm
I only managed to watch about 2 minutes of that before Cat annoyed me too much to continue, but it's nice to see 'Phil's Intrusive Thoughts' as mentioned in the latest 'Would You Press the Button' appearing here as well. :)

ETA: Changing topics, but Eurovision is on Saturday and we know they're fans. I do hope that brings with it some domestic/outraged/lol worthy Instagram stories. :corn:
They have two shows on that day so I don't know how much they are going to talk about it. It's a shame seeing as dan tends to live tweet about it and respond to a lot of people on twitter during it.

As for the editor, this discussion comes up a lot. If they have one-good they are on tour so I bet it is a slight relief to not have to worry about this on top of everything else. If they don't then that's fine too. I honestly think people only think they have an editor because dan planted the idea in people's head. If he never mentioned wanting one for his channel, people probably wouldn't have noticed anything since to me it all seems the same; major zoom in's on both of their faces, random pictures and noises that happen, it seems like a typical dnp edited video. Also they both are the type of people who make sure to give credit so I'm on the side of thinking they don't have one bc I believe they would put the persons name in the description
alittledizzy
actual demon phannie
actual demon phannie

hello9217 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 pm They have two shows on that day so I don't know how much they are going to talk about it. It's a shame seeing as dan tends to live tweet about it and respond to a lot of people on twitter during it.
Didn't stop him last tour! In fact, Dan's tour-day Eurovision tweets gave us this total classic.
dancy
procrastinator

alittledizzy wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 pm
hello9217 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:42 pm They have two shows on that day so I don't know how much they are going to talk about it. It's a shame seeing as dan tends to live tweet about it and respond to a lot of people on twitter during it.
Didn't stop him last tour! In fact, Dan's tour-day Eurovision tweets gave us this total classic.
Hmm, this time around their evening show starts at the same time Eurovision starts so unfortunately that ain't happening! Unless they decide to just not perform their show and instead stream the final on those huge screens on stage :lol:

As a big lover of board/party games, I really enjoyed this video! I do think it's a bit weird that Dan didn't reply to anyone on Twitter though, since he always does that after uploading a video but he did reply to some people on Facebook and liked some Youtube comments.
twotwelveam
smol bean

ratlad wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:36 pm
twotwelveam wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:19 pm omg the editing in this new video. they must have gotten an editor for tour, there were so many more jumpcuts and pictures added in and the laughtracks. how do you guys feel about it?
it could have just been shortened to edit it easier, i don't see anything different in the editing. they're allowed to change it up a bit each time, it still seems like their humor. i'm not sold. besides, where's the credits?
edit: i just realized i probably sound cold, i'm sorry. i'm not, i promise!
haha don't worry, I see what you mean!
It definitely was still their style I think, but I felt like it was just more edited than most dapg videos? More frequent jumpcuts and face-zooms, etc etc. I'm not really averse to the idea of them getting an editor either, especially if they think it'll improve their videos and will make their lives a little easier, this video just stuck out to me a bit. Though the fact that they didn't credit anyone is a very good point, so maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:
Regardless, I loved the video, so whether it was Dan, Phil, or someone else who edited it, well done lmao
milky milky coco puffs
ratlad
angel bean

alien wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:37 pm I can't be the only one who saw the flaw in Phil's answer in the final scenario. Under cut because maybe gross?
After a laxative he'd be completely cleaned out and more ready for the alien probing lol
honey, you've got a big storm coming,
he won't be cleaned out. rip.
parallel
phabergé

Also, Butch is the name of a dog in Animal Crossing. Phurry confirmed.
Catallena
classy cat lady
classy cat lady

I enjoyed that video a lot, they were both so good. Dan shading their friends was an incredible married competitive power couple moment and his reaction to the anal probe question was GOLD. Meanwhile Phil's mind is just so powerful in general with these types of games. Great video! :D

As far as the editing goes, I don't think they have an editor (mostly because I don't think Phil would go for that) and that they are just trying out some new stuff or something. Maybe playing around with editing software while in the car, on the train or sitting in dressing rooms. The laughing track was kinda fun but should be a one time only thing.
Twitter *•.(★).•* Tumblr
sonicgreen
woodland creature

Not a bad video! Got some giggles out of me. Phil’s grand plan of making it to the arctic circle for some margaritas was funny. I did notice a LOT of jumpcuts. I’m assuming they’re editing these videos on-the-go so I’m not fully holding it against them. I doubt they hired an editor yet...
knq
lava lamp

Punch me, they're too adorable.

The mounting men game didn't actually make me laugh much, so I'm pleasantly surprised by today's video. Also, based on this and Cards Against Humanity--I'm going to go ahead and say Dan's pretty bad at this type of game. It's surprising because in games like Quickdraw, Phil is more of an oddball in the way he thinks, but give Dan a board game and he's like "Bees? Beeeees? BEES PHIL." and Phil's like "... yes okay bees. do you want a point for bees. lets give you a point for bees." :shrug:

My favorite part is Dan insisting Phil pick up the cards later, because I love that spoiled domestic shit. :love2:

And here's a bunch of timestamps! No spoilers for II beneath the cut, just for this gaming video.
0:40 Something phallic has been sighted.
1:00 Dan chooses his answer just so he can say the words 'sweaty,' 'crusty,' 'moisture,' and 'leaking.'
1:40 Phil is rightfully doubtful of Dan's answer.
1:50 SnowPhil goes to the arctic circle, befriends penguins, has some margaritas, and becomes immortal(because Phil).
2:15 Dan thinks magic is bull shirt. (???)
2:22 New laugh track sound effect causes several people to curl up and die. help us
2:23 Dan throws his card.
2:24 Phil throws his card.
2:27 Dan: "You're picking those up." Phil: *utterly unphased*
2:50 Phil spoils Titanic.
3:00 Dan confuses nudity with stripping.
3:10 Dan guesses the wrong decade for the Titanic to have sunk and isn't neurotic enough to go back and correct himself.
3:25 Arctic circle, penguins, and margaritas again.
3:30 - 3:45 I am living. Notice the emotional change of tone when Phil says 'my husband that died.' Phil has pathos and he is getting on that goddamn life boat, people.
4:30 Dan's plan is to become very small so it takes less water to fill his lungs, he freezes to death more quickly, and he spends the afterlife eating delicious food in tiny portions. Phil accepts this answer because Phan.
5:07 The new laugh track causes several more people to curl up and die. When will the violence end.
5:58 Dan's snorting drugs face feels deeply appropriate for the scenario he just gave.
6:20 Phil's plane is crashing for unclear reasons. It's okay though; he knows how to knit.
6:35 Lip biting Daniel
6:45 Dan throws his card onto Phil.
6:55 And now we know why being buried alive was on Dan's mind in the last liveshow.
7:26 Phil sneaks in another margarita.
7:36 Phil: "Coffins are scary and unpredictable."
8:19 Phil doubts Dan's lung capacity. His hearing has clearly been damaged for a long time now.
8:35 'All or nothing' now involves whispering.
9:10 Dan's solution is a condom. This is valid.
10:00 Dan's aliens are also interested in where he shops.
10:55 Phil ruined Steven's birthday. Side note: probing is a birthday activity.
11:10 Phil asks Dan about socially appropriate behavior in regards to clapping. They are both adorable.
11:18 Squishy Dan face as he rolls himself off screen.
And then they just keep being gross and adorable until the video is over.
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 pm New story complete with Dan giggle.
first of all, yes very adorable
secondly, i watched this during my break with headphones on and i swear i heard a tiny moan in there after the giggle (rewatching it now, im sure its probably be him clearing his throat or something idk but the first time i heard it heCK I IS SHOOK I WAS NOT READY)
"you are next to me in my life"
ratlad
angel bean

ame wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:25 am
topdanhowellmemes wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 pm New story complete with Dan giggle.
first of all, yes very adorable
secondly, i watched this during my break with headphones on and i swear i heard a tiny moan in there after the giggle (rewatching it now, im sure its probably be him clearing his throat or something idk but the first time i heard it heCK I IS SHOOK I WAS NOT READY)
yeah i heard that too but i wasn't gonna say much about it on here. could've been a little sigh, but i'm laughing at the fact that he did it after phil said "man-pregnant".
mamaphan
delia smith

I really enjoyed that video,I love how their minds work it’s so fun to hear them making up stories. I have never played dungeons and dragons but I bet that they would be good with the storytelling aspect.
Side note I would love if they would film going to an escape room. That would be so much fun to see how they would figure out clues to get out of the room. :sherlock:
I am just so loving watching Dan and Phil that is all. <3
lesterchuu
philussy
Pronouns: he/she/they

mamaphan wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:28 am I really enjoyed that video,I love how their minds work it’s so fun to hear them making up stories. I have never played dungeons and dragons but I bet that they would be good with the storytelling aspect.
Side note I would love if they would film going to an escape room. That would be so much fun to see how they would figure out clues to get out of the room. :sherlock:
I am just so loving watching Dan and Phil that is all. <3
reminds me of "we were here" game where two players have to cooperate in order to escape some castle ala "keep talking and nobody explodes" style
"you are next to me in my life"
mermaid blood
Moderator Emeritus

things that have killed me:

1. dan's contented, amused 'mmm' watching phil in the instastory.
(is this a thing he does? or was it just for the #promo? why have i never imagined them watching back their completed videos before and enjoying them?)

2. both hiding their mouths with their hands in the gaming video (unconsciously?) during the 'husband' part.

and the blushiness after.
3. dan's laugh in the instastory zooming in on cold phil.

4. the bashing with the bucket and phil's "stop!", and all dan's fast mumbly talking during his turns while phil stared fondly

5. the part with tight jeans apparently being a barrier to anal probing was my favourite though.

phil's was giving off such vibes of, '...............that's never stopped me before.' :lol:

rizzo wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:23 pm I'm literally living for Dan saying, "Put a condom on that thing...."

And then just sort of silently challenging Phil to complete that sentence and/or argue him on just letting the probing happen.

We're living in a new world of blow-up husbands and alien butt-stuff, y'all and I am here for it.

oh we've already been living in a post-alien anal probing world for 6 years baby 8-)

phil is so soothing in how chill, funny, and bold he is lately, and i'm all about how it's bringing out that playful, babbling, silly-affectionate type mood in dan again.
Last edited by mermaid blood on Fri May 11, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
art in avatar by lily
phantastically-avg
sad dimple

twotwelveam wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:05 pm It definitely was still their style I think, but I felt like it was just more edited than most dapg videos? More frequent jumpcuts and face-zooms, etc etc. I'm not really averse to the idea of them getting an editor either, especially if they think it'll improve their videos and will make their lives a little easier, this video just stuck out to me a bit. Though the fact that they didn't credit anyone is a very good point, so maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:
Regardless, I loved the video, so whether it was Dan, Phil, or someone else who edited it, well done lmao
One thing to remember is that the type of game they're playing allows for more editing. When they're playing a computer game, what they're saying has to match up to the game video, so they can't always edit out what they want if something interesting in the game is happening. Which a card game, they have much more freedom to edit out stuff they messed up, moments of silence etc.

Personally it doesn't make sense that they'd have an editor now, with how little video they're putting out. If they were uploading three times a week I could see the need for one, but a video every ten days won't be taxing them, considering how much travel time they have where they can edit a video. :)

Also, I want a Lush haul now.
liola
rankussy

They're choosing bath bombs together that's some peak boyfriend shit

And of course Phil would choose for Dan the one that looks like a scaley fantasy dream
Will probably never be over the BONCAS and the beauty of Phil Lester.

Official Moving Hill Mayor